MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

4 hours ago, Orange Hog said:

Just got home from a weekend trip to Florida with my buddies.  This was the maiden voyage for the LAB putter and it not only didn't disappoint but it put a cork in all of my buddies who were laughing at me when I pulled it out of the bag the first day.  They weren't laughing for long!  In fact one of the guys on the last day said "I want to laugh at that putter but it's rolling so pure".

Lag putts, mid-range, short putts...everything was spot on all weekend.  If there was a miss it was purely on me mis-reading the line.  No jumping off the face, no skidding, just a pure roll every single time.  I'm working on some alignment on the ball to help get my line set up better and I think once I get better on that end I'll start to see more 1-putts made.

So far, very happy with this putter.  Specs are spot on and the blue head looks amazing.

Now that's what I call a success! I have a trip coming up to Pawley's Island next month and I hoping to share that exact same story!

Mr. Wolfe

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr_Wolfe said:

I guess the X is about as close as you could get with a standard putter, but still totally different. As far as size, not THAT much difference and the size difference goes away at address (unless you have buddies that remind you how big your putter is). I actually putt different which each also. With my Scotty, I have an insane amount of weight on it and I putt with a claw grip. With the L.A.B., I putt traditionally with very loose grip pressure. When using the claw grip with the L.A.B., I felt like I was manipulating the putter head.

Mr. Wolfe

Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, Pesce101010 said:

Check out this beaut!  Just arrived today, which made my day after a rough work week.  First 3 putts from 10 ft I made 2/3.  After that I hit some putts with a closed and open face and so I just tried to forget what I had to do with previous putter and just aimed naturally with a smooth stroke.  Ive always felt like I have had to tweak my stroke in one way or another with other putters to hit my my intended line, not any more.  Make sure you get the right lie angle.  Im very happy with my purchase and happy to support a business thats choosing to stay stateside while they're growing rapidly.  🙂

20210210_184954.jpg

20210210_185041.jpg

How easy/hard is it to take off the new putter cover? 

my whit one almost requires 2 hands with as strong as the magnets are.   I’ve ordered that American flag on already but curious.  

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

10 hours ago, Minarets said:

How easy/hard is it to take off the new putter cover? 

my whit one almost requires 2 hands with as strong as the magnets are.   I’ve ordered that American flag on already but curious.  

Its about the same.  The american flag reminds me of a new baseball glove.  Its just going to take a little time to break in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pesce101010 said:

Its about the same.  The american flag reminds me of a new baseball glove.  Its just going to take a little time to break in

Great looking putter and cover. Can you tell me if the material holding the magnets in place is of a better quality than on the stock cover?  I cover the putter after every hole and play 6 times a week so I wore the material holding the magnets in place out very quick. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Negncic said:

Great looking putter and cover. Can you tell me if the material holding the magnets in place is of a better quality than on the stock cover?  I cover the putter after every hole and play 6 times a week so I wore the material holding the magnets in place out very quick. Thanks. 

Hard to say.  I have 3 headcovers now.  My black cover that I gamed a year which must be a first gen and is built like a tank.  The white seems stout.  The american flag is really finely made and plush (gucci).  Based on rubbing my fingers across the magnets I would say the white will last the longest, but who knows.

20210211_211149.jpg

20210211_211203.jpg

20210211_211215.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pesce101010 said:

Hard to say.  I have 3 headcovers now.  My black cover that I gamed a year which must be a first gen and is built like a tank.  The white seems stout.  The american flag is really finely made and plush (gucci).  Based on rubbing my fingers across the magnets I would say the white will last the longest, but who knows.

20210211_211149.jpg

20210211_211203.jpg

20210211_211215.jpg

The white cover’s magnets are “too good” imo, but in a bad way.  I’d like to be able to hold the putter in one hand and release the tabs with the other but usually if I lift one side the other falls closed again due to how strong the magnets are.   

it’s really not an issue with quality as I said, they do their job well.  It’s more a lazy convenience thing for me.  You want the magnets to hold well for everything else and want them to come loose easily when I’m taking it off the putter.  Tough to have jt both ways.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Minarets said:

The white cover’s magnets are “too good” imo, but in a bad way.  I’d like to be able to hold the putter in one hand and release the tabs with the other but usually if I lift one side the other falls closed again due to how strong the magnets are.   

it’s really not an issue with quality as I said, they do their job well.  It’s more a lazy convenience thing for me.  You want the magnets to hold well for everything else and want them to come loose easily when I’m taking it off the putter.  Tough to have jt both ways.  

My only issue with the black headcover was the material holding the magnets in place frayed away, exposing the magnets,  making them useless. 

46 minutes ago, Minarets said:

You know the magnets are strong when you pull the putter out of the bag and take wedges with you.  J/K, of course. Happy Friday.  Putter and cover are great 👍🏼 

6BDF81A2-C70B-497A-972B-0B95BE924CEC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

2 hours ago, Cliffy2020 said:

You know the magnets are strong when you pull the putter out of the bag and take wedges with you.  J/K, of course. Happy Friday.  Putter and cover are great 👍🏼 

6BDF81A2-C70B-497A-972B-0B95BE924CEC.jpeg

That’s exactly what mine did.  I was walking (not riding) and left the head cover balanced over the top of the bag while I putted.  When I came back and grabbed the head cover it pull the iron out of the bag that had stuck to it.  I mean A+ in strong magnets. But it causes some issues too. 

Try to see the positives: never again will the putter headcover fall down on the ground 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Not gonna lie, some of the headcovers in the past just suck. We are now paying crazy money for the ones by PRG and they are much higher quality but the cost we are paying is not gonna work long term so we are looking for alternatives. We feel confident we'll have a new partner soon. In the meantime, if you have a black cover that doesn't say PRG on the tag, you'll be pleased with a new one from our site. The magnets are strong but not so stong that they rip the fabric and the stitching is much better. As for the USA covers, they are sold out for now but hoping to have a new shipment in May. They are very high quality but since they are made in the US, they are CRAZY expensive. We will be using that manufacturer for small runs only.

• Like 4

Can’t wait to get mine (USA head cover). Looks cool and good use of the logo.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Minarets said:

+1 on this.  

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches
  • Like 1

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

Hey everyone- just getting some work in with the B.2 indoors on my Perfect Practice Putting mat since it's -10 degrees in Colorado today. Thought I'd share some more thoughts, since it's been awhile and I am BORED!

If you are ever missing with your LAB, first thing to check is grip pressure and whether you are hitting at it with your hands. I think this is why the "no thumbs" drill is so helpful. It's hard to hit at the ball with your opposable thumbs not actually gripping the club. The "no thumbs" drill also shows you how far you need to take it back and at what rhythm and tempo, when you are just letting gravity do the work with no force from the hands. It also helps get the putter on the right path, as your hands can't push the club away from you on the backswing. There are lots of benefits. In fact, I think a good warm-up would be to hit 5-10 putts with no thumbs before you start getting into your full practice routine.

I am fully committed now, as I am draining putt after putt these days. I'm probably in the 95%-98% range from 6' with the smaller training hole. Goal is to make 100 in a row. I'll keep you posted!

PS: Just got a sleeve of the new ProV1s and they pair beautifully with the B.2. Just sayin.

• Like 4

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

Weather isn’t cooperating this week so hope to get my 2.1 back this week and get it rolling next week. Still only played 1 round with it (several practice rounds) and want it rolling fine for my good trip at the end of March.   

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, JA17 said:

Being an Army veteran, my wife got me the flag head cover for Valentine’s Day.

Thank you for your service !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

On 2/13/2021 at 12:18 PM, bobbyclampett!! said:

Hey everyone- just getting some work in with the B.2 indoors on my Perfect Practice Putting mat since it's -10 degrees in Colorado today. Thought I'd share some more thoughts, since it's been awhile and I am BORED!

If you are ever missing with your LAB, first thing to check is grip pressure and whether you are hitting at it with your hands. I think this is why the "no thumbs" drill is so helpful. It's hard to hit at the ball with your opposable thumbs not actually gripping the club. The "no thumbs" drill also shows you how far you need to take it back and at what rhythm and tempo, when you are just letting gravity do the work with no force from the hands. It also helps get the putter on the right path, as your hands can't push the club away from you on the backswing. There are lots of benefits. In fact, I think a good warm-up would be to hit 5-10 putts with no thumbs before you start getting into your full practice routine.

I am fully committed now, as I am draining putt after putt these days. I'm probably in the 95%-98% range from 6' with the smaller training hole. Goal is to make 100 in a row. I'll keep you posted!

PS: Just got a sleeve of the new ProV1s and they pair beautifully with the B.2. Just sayin.

You ever end up getting a DF?

29 minutes ago, labgolf said:

Is the USA cover breaking in for you?

Mine should be here this week! Weather adding in some delays. 

4 hours ago, labgolf said:

Is the USA cover breaking in for you?

Yes, breaking in nicely.   The putter has been even better for me.  2 rounds in the mid 70's with 3 birdies in each round.  Not bad for February golf!   Getting more and more confident.  Very happy with the purchase.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, labgolf said:

You ever end up getting a DF?

Yessir. Custom, black, BGT Stability Tour Black, #6 alignment, Press II 3*. So stoked. Ordered Jan. 30. Still processing but no big deal because no golf here.

Still practicing everyday with B.2, which from the sounds of everything will be of benefit with the DF. I’m planning on a shorter “getting to know you” period with DF than B.2 and being able to put it straight into play when I get it, which will hopefully coincide with beautiful spring weather. It’s meant to be!

• Like 3

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

More epiphanies for y'all cuz I'm still BORED! (God I hate February.) A couple months back (before I got the B.2), I took an online Skillest App with Marcus Potter of Potter's Putting on Instagram (whom I highly recommend). He noticed in my down the line video that I was starting my stroke (with my Ping Sigma Anser) by pushing the blade away from myself or outside the target line, then I would "drop it under" (the plane) and then re-route it back on the target line by looping it from the inside back onto the target line. These movements were extremely subtle and could only be seen (by my eye, anyway) in slo-mo with lines drawn on the screen. Marcus suggested I work on taking the putter straight back for a ball or two, and then let the head come gently inside the target line, and then have a clean transition with no loop on the same path on the through swing, and that this would lead to way more consistency. Just these tiny, imperceptible changes felt totally different than what I had been doing for twenty-five years. 

So, here's my epiphany. I think some of my big misses with B.2 were due to all these old crazy patterns I had ingrained. I've been working on the above with the B.2, and I have a cool image/feel that helps me do it: because the B.2 is center-shafted, I imagine the tip of the shaft or bore hole tracing the ideal path mentioned above on the ground like a pencil or pen (straight back from the ball for a ball or two, then gently inside, clean transition on same path on through swing). When I work on that and do it right with everything else I've mentioned before in this thread (no thumbs, rock the shoulders, etc.), with the no torque putter, I seriously feel like I can't miss. It just returns square every time, almost like it feels automatic. Such a cool feeling. In fact I feel even more bored because I don't feel like I have to hit that many 6 footers anymore (like after five to ten minutes of just draining everything, what's the point of doing more?).

Anyone have this feeling with B.2 or DF2.1? DF2.1 should have the shaft coming straight out of your midline (i.e. butt of putter pointed straight at your belt buckle with no shaft lean), right? And it's center-shafted as well, right, so you can trace the same path with the tip of the shaft just like B.2? Only difference is ball is further up ahead from the shaft than the B.2. Is that right? Does any of that make sense?

• Like 1

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

Finally sent my remote fitting and am happily surprised that I could easily go with a standard DF 2.1 at 35" and 71 Lie angle.

The question that stays is wether I am willing to spend 584$ vs 399$ (+75 $shipping and taxes) just to get a blue head and a different alignment aid lol.

Decisions, decisions. Might as well ask if they have a factory second in those specs and see wether I get a good deal there.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

I have a DF 2.1 with Stability Tour shaft. Does anyone else feel like these putters take quite a bit of extra "hit" to get the ball to go the same distance as other putters?

I used it for the first time on greens that were running 11+ last weekend and I literally left every putt short. Just felt like the input didn't equal the output

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another