2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

9 hours ago, TylerJ89 said:

Anyone ever use the Press 1.5° grip on their DF 2.1?  The 3° seems like a lot to me and I can’t get comfortable with my hands that far forward.  I know 1.5° won’t make a huge difference, but it will some.  

What are your thoughts?  

The 1.5* will be my next grip if I don’t have enough success with the 3* after the season starts. 

1) it’s a bit smaller which I prefer ( I really wish @labgolf would post a picture of the butt ends of these grips side x side).

2) it’s lighter so I’ll feel the head weight a touch more (I like that).

3)  it has less press built in (allows me to use my natural press which I like as well)

I posted this same question months ago with little feedback.  I’d say GO FOR IT!  It won’t hurt to try.

• Like 1

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

I can see the guys point of view trying the 1.5.  I played my first round today with my 2.1.  After one practice session and 1 round I do really like the putter.  

That said, I also prefer a smaller grip than Press II 3.0.  I'm not sure the 1.5 is that much smaller though based on diameter description, so yes I would like to also see Cliffy2020 request of side by side (1.5 vs. Press II 3.0) pictures. The grip is what I was concerned about before ordering and it is the only thing that I'm not sold on after short time with my standard length 2.1 putter. 

I wonder with the press built in is why @labgolf they don't offer a smaller flat front grip.  I still might buy the OG 3.0 to try being it is the smallest grip LAB offers even though it isn't traditional shape.  It is 115 grams though.

On 3/6/2021 at 6:13 AM, TylerJ89 said:

Anyone ever use the Press 1.5° grip on their DF 2.1?  The 3° seems like a lot to me and I can’t get comfortable with my hands that far forward.  I know 1.5° won’t make a huge difference, but it will some.  The 1.5° is lighter too, which will make the head feel a little heavier, so that in itself is a selling point for me.  Also, it is 1/10” smaller on top and bottom, which isn’t a lot, but it’s smaller.  

Anyone else try this?

Plenty of folks do it, particularly those who already set up with a little lean.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, N2N2 said:

I can see the guys point of view trying the 1.5.  I played my first round today with my 2.1.  After one practice session and 1 round I do really like the putter.  

That said, I also prefer a smaller grip than Press II 3.0.  I'm not sure the 1.5 is that much smaller though based on diameter description, so yes I would like to also see Cliffy2020 request of side by side (1.5 vs. Press II 3.0) pictures. The grip is what I was concerned about before ordering and it is the only thing that I'm not sold on after short time with my standard length 2.1 putter. 

I wonder with the press built in is why @labgolf they don't offer a smaller flat front grip.  I still might buy the OG 3.0 to try being it is the smallest grip LAB offers even though it isn't traditional shape.  It is 115 grams though.

The 1.5 is smaller for sure. We would LOVE to have a smaller 3° grip but if you look closely, you'll see we are pretty maxed out given the shaft length and the thickness of the walls in the corners where the shaft is closest to the edge. The OG's rubber material allows us to get even closer to the walls. The lightweight EVA isn't strong enough to get that closet to the wall. The OG is weird at first but actually a brilliant grip IMO. Sort of forced some good by getting my hands a little more underneath the grip.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, schiavone35 said:

So the head of my 2.1 is loose - LAB has been awesome, offered to fix it, just have to ship it back.

Unfortunately, I have an outing coming up in 2 weeks & the turnaround won't get here in time.

Do we know if the shafts are simply epoxied in or (as I'm expecting) is it not that simple?

Thanks in advance.

Sent you a PM

@labgolf, if my remote fitting was 70* and 34.5"-35", what would my stock configuration specs be?

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

Looks like Adam Scott also read this thread of late 😉 (Picture from the front page article)

image.png.700bee01d8f4776152a3df805a556a4c.png

• Like 4

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Checking in after a couple of weeks of practice with the 2.1 Broomstick. Been in my basement the whole time due to snow, max putt roughly 12 feet. Snow should be gone here in the northeast by the weekend so hopefully I can get on my practice green next week for some serious practice time, but here goes:

I am in love. I am making way more putts than I ever thought was possible. My best days I would be making maybe 75% of my putts in my small practice area. I am well over 95% and it is blowing my mind. Light grip pressure, let the bad boy do it’s work, and it is almost like cheating. I honestly can’t wait to get out and play with it. 

I am also really getting into something that bothered me in the past but now for some reason I am finding it incredibly beneficial. I have been using a line on my ball and I think it helps even more. I find that since all I have to do is focus on speed (literally my only thoughts when using this putter is super light grip pressure and speed), I can focus on making that line roll straight and low and behold the ball holds that line every time without fail. And I mean EVERY TIME. 

Before this I used to cringe when I would practice putting. Now I can’t wait to run downstairs and hit putts when I have some free time. Long story short, well done Lab Golf. Honestly I wish I bought this years ago. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Mk II 20 Degree Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 95X

Miura MC 502 4-P Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Ping PLD DS72

Titleist Pro V1

1 hour ago, iceman1118 said:

Checking in after a couple of weeks of practice with the 2.1 Broomstick. Been in my basement the whole time due to snow, max putt roughly 12 feet. Snow should be gone here in the northeast by the weekend so hopefully I can get on my practice green next week for some serious practice time, but here goes:

I am in love. I am making way more putts than I ever thought was possible. My best days I would be making maybe 75% of my putts in my small practice area. I am well over 95% and it is blowing my mind. Light grip pressure, let the bad boy do it’s work, and it is almost like cheating. I honestly can’t wait to get out and play with it. 

I am also really getting into something that bothered me in the past but now for some reason I am finding it incredibly beneficial. I have been using a line on my ball and I think it helps even more. I find that since all I have to do is focus on speed (literally my only thoughts when using this putter is super light grip pressure and speed), I can focus on making that line roll straight and low and behold the ball holds that line every time without fail. And I mean EVERY TIME. 

Before this I used to cringe when I would practice putting. Now I can’t wait to run downstairs and hit putts when I have some free time. Long story short, well done Lab Golf. Honestly I wish I bought this years ago. 

You certainly don't make waiting for my DF 2.1 any easier lol. Ordered only a week ago with 3-5 weeks estimated time for the build and I guess that international shipping (Austria) will add another 10 days or so.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

18 minutes ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

You certainly don't make waiting for my DF 2.1 any easier lol. Ordered only a week ago with 3-5 weeks estimated time for the build and I guess that international shipping (Austria) will add another 10 days or so.

It is absolutely worth the wait. You will not be disappointed. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Mk II 20 Degree Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 95X

Miura MC 502 4-P Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Ping PLD DS72

Titleist Pro V1

7 hours ago, iceman1118 said:

NIIIICCCCEEEE. I love hearing this. It really is profound stuff. Still blows my mind every day 5 years later. Keep us posted!

• Like 1

I am continuing the love affair with this putter.  

• Like 4

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I got the lab directed putter in T7 head with these specs: 

• Hand:

Right

• Putter Color:

Black

• Putting Style:

Standard

• Shaft Selection:

KBS CT Tour - Black 

• Shaft length:

34"

• Lie Angle:

• Grip Selection:

Press II 3º ($10.00)

• Alignment Marking:

19 ($25.00)

• Selected Options:

$35.00

but I still do not like the feel or sound of the putter. That I believe is why some are having speed control problems. 
I guess I was hoping the T7 head would have improved the feel and sound but I felt it was not achieved.

What is the difference between the T2 and T7 heads. Just the different weights?  My T2 only has 3 weights while my T7 has many more. 

Also, one of the things that I cannot wrap my head around is how much easier this putter is on fast down hill putts.  My biggest issue with putting is the real fast straight down hill putts.  For some reason putts seem so much more controlled with df2.1. That isn’t a torque thing tho, right??

• Thanks 1

@labgolf do you guys offer financing? It may be easier to bite the bullet paying for this over time. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

On 3/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, PingPoncho said:

• Hand:

Right

• Putter Color:

Black

• Putting Style:

Standard

• Shaft Selection:

KBS CT Tour - Black 

• Shaft length:

34"

• Lie Angle:

• Grip Selection:

Press II 3º ($10.00)

• Alignment Marking:

19 ($25.00)

• Selected Options:

$35.00

but I still do not like the feel or sound of the putter. That I believe is why some are having speed control problems. 
I guess I was hoping the T7 head would have improved the feel and sound but I felt it was not achieved.

I believe the T7 head makes more headweight adjustments possible, I had not heard it offering different sound.  So if you like a lighter or heavier feel that head allows it with more weight options.

• Like 1

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

On 3/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, PingPoncho said:

• Hand:

Right

• Putter Color:

Black

• Putting Style:

Standard

• Shaft Selection:

KBS CT Tour - Black 

• Shaft length:

34"

• Lie Angle:

• Grip Selection:

Press II 3º ($10.00)

• Alignment Marking:

19 ($25.00)

• Selected Options:

$35.00

Well that sucks! Can you email me some video or audio of the sound? Perhaps there is an issue with it. [email protected]

On 3/12/2021 at 6:46 PM, Minarets said:

Also, one of the things that I cannot wrap my head around is how much easier this putter is on fast down hill putts.  My biggest issue with putting is the real fast straight down hill putts.  For some reason putts seem so much more controlled with df2.1. That isn’t a torque thing tho, right??

Its totally a torque thing. On the more nuanced downhill putts, we tend to change our rhythm and rate of acceleration. When you do this with a conventional putter, you change the relationship with torque. Without torque, you can change you rhythm without losing control of the face.

• Thanks 1

I can honestly write here that I would have never paid the money for this putter w/o the fitting!!!!  I encourage all if can to find a fitter and spend as much time as you need and then it will seem like a drop in the bucket.  My experience was fantastic and the choices and science was a welcome information overload.

I have the 3.0 grip red color and only regret is not having the t line across the top.  Hey @labgolf can this line be added I assume if I send it back to you??? Thanks!

• Like 1

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

I agree.  I was kinda worried about a virtual fitting or video fitting.  Kinda like how much can they really tell by me in my living room with my golf shoes on but of course they are not dissecting my swing flaws.  Just need some real world angles.   I have never spent what I did on this putter on any other golf club before.  It was well worth it so far.  

again, I already considered putting a strength and kind of questioned myself on spending this on a putter.  I was already good at it. “Spend the money on iron lessons, you dope!!! It’s where you miss all your strokes!!” But I really have seen an improvement already.   I need to keep statistical facts more than I already do. I keep track of total putts, GIR, fairways, chips but nothing like strokes gained or anything, but in the 3 rounds I have already improved by 3 strokes a round.   I’m a 6 HCP.  That’s the difference in that 78 and 81 round for me.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, moonshine said:

I can honestly write here that I would have never paid the money for this putter w/o the fitting!!!!  I encourage all if can to find a fitter and spend as much time as you need and then it will seem like a drop in the bucket.  My experience was fantastic and the choices and science was a welcome information overload.

I have the 3.0 grip red color and only regret is not having the t line across the top.  Hey @labgolf can this line be added I assume if I send it back to you??? Thanks!

email [email protected] with some pictures of yours and we can see what can be done.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moonshine said:

I had the long line at front with short vertical line. I thought I would go this way , that way I could add extra on if needed( easier to add then try cover). Decided to extent front to back line, much better for alignment.

Sound on mine is awesome , can change depending on balls used but I tend to use a softer ball.

On a different note . Been playing with it regularly and finding it to be very reassuring on shorter putts. On longer putts it is also awesome , yes I have had the distance control issue but that is no fault of putter ( I was shite before lol). If I drop one short , if nobody is behind will hit second and virtually sits next to hole if not in. So basically reading green is issue. I do find if I practice more on mat inside, I am worse on first few putts on course as mat is a lot faster then greens I play on. Especially if practice putting green at course is not same speed as actual greens.

Final note and I know a lot have said this on this forum. I really do think this putter will stay in the bag for along long time. Probably only putter I have not had a honey moon period with, started shakey but getting better every time.

1615859580235450975371.jpg

Edited by Wolfman44
  • Like 4