MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

48 minutes ago, brutus27 said:

I did the on line fitting with my daughters DF 2.1 with a Press 2 - 3 degree, and received my recommended specification. I am seriously contemplating getting one.

Question: How are these putters with a 1.5 degree or a normal non press grip?

The putter was designed ergonomically to accommodate the 3.0 but some people enjoy the 1.5. Its a cheap experiment either way

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to report back on my experience with the DF 2.1. I absolutely love it. I finally had a chance to get it out on the course for 27 holes this week, and I must say... this putter has kicked

Sigh. I was all but certain i was ready to move on from my DF 2.1. Until today. 28 putts with 12 greens, 69 (-3). My lowest score in about 12 years. Really performed well in that 5-15ft range. Made a

I know there have been a few requests for pictures of the Press No. II 1.5* and Press No. II 3* grips side by side, so here they are.  @Cliffy2020 @N2N2   I ordered and put the 1.5* on my DF

Posted Images

2 hours ago, brutus27 said:

I’m sure it is but... are these grips USGA legal?

By the way, really appreciate Labgolfs involvement on this forum!

Yes, I think it even says so on the grip, but its possible Imix that up with the patent number

Full WITB thread

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 @ 8.75

Taylormade RocketBallz 3 15*

Taylormade RocketBallz Tour 3 Hybrid 18.5

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW

Mizuno MP T-11 52/07

Wilson Staff PMP Wedge 56/14

Mizuno MP T-11 60/05

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Hey everyone, update on my LAB adventure-  I am still favoring the B.2 over the DF2.1, almost purely for alignment and set-up purposes. I also am pretty convinced that, rather than a 35.5" B.2 at 72 degrees, I need at least a 36" (if not 36.5") B.2 at 70 degrees. So my current plan is to sell both of my current LAB putters either on the BST or eBay and put the proceeds toward a 36 or 36.5" B.2 at 70 degrees with the white ACCRA shaft. None of these issues have anything to do with LAB or there processes or products, as I got my B.2 putter specs from a general putting fitting at Club Champion, not from LAB's remote fitting process.

I guess if anyone has been lurking here and wants to give these putters a go at reduced prices, DM me. (Not sure if I can say that here- if not, let me know and I'll edit).

• Like 2

Driver - Ping G400 Max 9*, GD Tour AD GP 7X

3W - Ping G400, HZRDS Black 6.5

3i - TM P790, GD Tour AD DI 9X

4-PW - Ping i200, DG X100 120

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 50 (bent to 51) SS, 56 WS, 60 TS

Putter - L.A.B. B.2

Ball - TP5x Pix

1 hour ago, PingPoncho said:

How many of you have tried the Directed Force 2.1 and gave it your best shot but in the end left it for another putter?

Let's be honest.  This putter seems to get so much love that I have a hard time believing that all of you who bought it are still using it.

I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped so I don't count. But let me turn this around on you... name me a putter that everyone loved and they are all still using ??? I don't think that such a putter exists.

• Like 1
What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag
Ping G400 Max 9.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex
XXIO 4w, 7w, MP900 Graphite R-Flex
Cobra King OS 5h, UST Recoil ES 460 ES F3
Callaway Apex '21 DCB 6-P, UST Recoil Smacwrap ES 760 F2 Matte Black
Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex
Taylormade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil Smacwrap ES 760 F3
LAB Golf DF 2.1 Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour Black, LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip
Clicgear 3.5+ Cart, Leupold GX-4i2 Rangefinder, Seamus Headcovers
Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

10 hours ago, PingPoncho said:

How many of you have tried the Directed Force 2.1 and gave it your best shot but in the end left it for another putter?

Let's be honest.  This putter seems to get so much love that I have a hard time believing that all of you who bought it are still using it.

I'm still using mine and liking it a lot.  I am putting well with it, however, I am also considering a LAB broomstick because 01) I've always wanted to try it and 02) I believe I my putting would get even better using this method.    

• Like 1

DRIVER - PING G425 SFT / TITLEIST TSi3 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - TITLEIST TSi3 13.5* &  TSi3 16.5*

HYBRIDS - PXG 0317 X GEN2 19*

IRONS - TITLEIST T300 [5i] / T200 [6i-GW] Combo

WEDGES - CLEVELAND RTX ZIPCORE 52.10 / 56.10 / 60.10

PUTTER - L.A.B. GOLF - DIRECTED FORCE 2.1

PXG 0317 X

11 hours ago, PingPoncho said:

Over the last 4 years I have moved from Newport 2, Evnroll ER3, to Stroke Lab 7, to now LAB 2.1. I have a tendency to change putters every year. I went with the LAB 2.1 in October and this is the happiest I have been with my switches. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

General update on my L.A.B. journey: On the course, I tend to fall back into old habits when some pressure is on the line. Namely my grip pressure on long putts gets too tense as my previous putter required that (and a bit of a "hit") on longer putts while the DF 2.1 hates any "force" and needs me to just make a longer stroke. Its hard to change habits that developed over 12-13 years or however long I used my old putter.

Short and medium length putts however are freakin' awesome. As it gets on the intended line    e-v-e-r-y     s-i-n-g-l-e     t-i-m-e    I can focus on speed and break which means a lot more putts made. If I miss from 12-15ft, its almost always a tap-in, which was not the case with my old putter. I won't lie to you, I still miss enough birdie and par putts to be coursing my putting, but there is a giant leap forward from my prior-to-L.A.B.-putting.

On a side note, had my second comment on the putter by a 7-index player on Tuesday, who asked me which company sells the LAB putter. He was using an Edel putter, so a "similar" concept.

14 hours ago, PingPoncho said:

I only have ~10 rounds in and still in an adjustment period (see above). If my lag putting gets better with time (which I bet it does), this putter is here to stay. But I am, in general, not someone to change clubs a lot, because I believe in trust and being used to a club.

Edited by Bunkersarebigcups
  • Like 1

Full WITB thread

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW

Mizuno MP T-11 52/07

Mizuno MP T-11 60/05

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

I had a DF 2.1 and recently gave it up. I have switched over to an Evnroll Midlock. Two reasons - first, I have the shakes a bit when I putt and I need something that gives me more stability - I didn't want to go full armlock yet. Second reason is that my biggest struggle has been three putts. I have always been pretty solid on my 10' an in putts (although I am looking for a couple training aids to help with some alignment, etc.) - but my lag putting has always struggled a bit. With the Evnroll, I find that my speed is unreal even on off-center hits. This has reduced the distance of my second putts (when I'm outside of 20') from what used to be an average of 3-4', down to 2'. This is a small sample size, but still worthwhile.

All of this said, I had a great L.A.B. experience with the brand and the putter. I recommend it to anyone that I can who is looking for something new. 

10 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

I'm still using mine and liking it a lot.  I am putting well with it, however, I am also considering a LAB broomstick because 01) I've always wanted to try it and 02) I believe I my putting would get even better using this method.    

I ordered a broomstick on April 4th. It should be shipped any day now. Once I get it and give it a good testing, I'll post my feedback on the DF 2.1 broomstick.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, PingPoncho said:

My co-worker picked up a LAB 2.1 a few months ago.  I rolled it a few times during a round and was really intrigued so I pulled the trigger on a secondhand one I found somewhere.  Turned out to be in the wrong specs so I sold it shortly thereafter and picked up one in the correct specs.  It took absolutely zero time to realize the benefits of putting this thing in the bag.  I haven't had a round with more than 32 putts since then and fired my personal best 9 hole run recently.

For giggles I have tinkered with my old putters to see how they performed.  Let's just say that trial didn't last very long.  I went right back to the LAB 2.1 and I'm not looking back.  It's the straightest, most consistent putter I've ever had in my bag.

Does it look crazy?  Uh yeah.  Will it make every putt for you?  Nope.  Does it take some getting used to?  Sure.  All that said, though, once you get some time with it under your belt this thing is so good.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, JDCON said:

I ordered a broomstick on April 4th. It should be shipped any day now. Once I get it and give it a good testing, I'll post my feedback on the DF 2.1 broomstick.

Thanks and look forward to the review.

DRIVER - PING G425 SFT / TITLEIST TSi3 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - TITLEIST TSi3 13.5* &  TSi3 16.5*

HYBRIDS - PXG 0317 X GEN2 19*

IRONS - TITLEIST T300 [5i] / T200 [6i-GW] Combo

WEDGES - CLEVELAND RTX ZIPCORE 52.10 / 56.10 / 60.10

PUTTER - L.A.B. GOLF - DIRECTED FORCE 2.1

PXG 0317 X

On 5/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, PingPoncho said:

I bought a Cleveland 10.5C putter eagerly sitting on deck, and bought 2 more random broomstick putters waiting in the hole, just waiting for the honeymoon to end...  but it hasn’t, and don’t see it ending soon.  I literally have 3 new putters that haven’t seen the light of day chillaxing in my golf closet.

biggest concern for me has been putting in the wind with such a large profile putter but that holds true with all putters so there’s that.  I’ll have a more detailed review at the end of the season with mid-season updates of course.  Until then, I’m still committed. 

had a 30-putt round last week but an early season s*** ball-striking/chipping round at the same time.  Only putter in a long time I feel like I have a great chance of making everything vs hoping it gets close 

• Like 2

Driver G410 LST 10.5* Ventus Velocore Blue 6x
Fairway G410 3-wood Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide 3.0’s 50*, 55*eye2 grind, 60* +3/4”

Putter Cleveland Huntington Beach Premier 10.5C

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2021 at 5:49 AM, Cliffy2020 said:

I bought a Cleveland 10.5C putter eagerly sitting on deck, and bought 2 more random broomstick putters waiting in the hole, just waiting for the honeymoon to end...  but it hasn’t, and don’t see it ending soon.  I literally have 3 new putters that haven’t seen the light of day chillaxing in my golf closet.

biggest concern for me has been putting in the wind with such a large profile putter but that holds true with all putters so there’s that.  I’ll have a more detailed review at the end of the season with mid-season updates of course.  Until then, I’m still committed. 

had a 30-putt round last week but an early season s*** ball-striking/chipping round at the same time.  Only putter in a long time I feel like I have a great chance of making everything vs hoping it gets close 

This statement (last sentence, bold) does sum it up very nicely

Edited by Bunkersarebigcups

Full WITB thread

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW

Mizuno MP T-11 52/07

Mizuno MP T-11 60/05

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 4/28/2021 at 5:08 PM, labgolf said:

The putter was designed ergonomically to accommodate the 3.0 but some people enjoy the 1.5. Its a cheap experiment either way

Sam, Jeff Ward here hope all is well? I noticed you got Clare into your mallet? He is loving it, if you have a smaller mallet coming down the pipeline can you message me? thanks dude will see you out on the BBQ tour😎

• Like 1
5 hours ago, littletimbo182 said:

Recently had a fitting on SAM putt lab and the LAB b.2 was the clear winner for myself. How is everyone liking this putter that plays it or has played it in the past?

I adore the B.2. What a great putter. Love how it aligns. Love the clean look at address. Love the sound and feel. So solid. Also love the way it strokes and returns to square automatically. Love it for short putts and long. The feeling on long putts is so cool- it seems to automatically take out the "hit" of a lag putt and converts it all into a pendulum, smooth, gravity stroke. It feels super stable on short putts. I would say it's crucial to get your specs correct and spot on. I ordered my first B.2 based on specs I had got on a different style putter from Club Champion after about a ten minute session on a SAM Lab machine, which I found wholly unsatisfying. I wish I had trusted the LAB remote fitting process or what I now feel more comfortable with on my specs. I got my lie angle too upright, which made me feel like I had to uncomfortably and awkwardly lift my hands at address, and my length was too short on my first B.2, which made me feel like I had to bend and hunch excessively at set up. Even with that being the case, I still putted really well with my first B.2. When I get one that is the appropriate length and lie angle..... watch the f out.

• Like 2

Putter - L.A.B. B.2

Ball - TP5x Pix

Has anyone had any email responses from LAB Golf lately ???

I was told that my putter would ship April 30th or May 3rd but the status still shows processing. I've sent 4 emails since May 5th trying to get an update to my order but not a single response. Strange because Liam has been very responsive in the past.

I even copied Matt on this mornings email... but still nothing. For what they are charging for these putters I would expect better communication / customer service than this. I feel like canceling the order now and be done with it.

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex
LAB Golf DF 2.1 Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour Black, LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

I heard from Liam recently. It seems to me they are a very small company with tons of orders, so they might not have a 'round-the-clock customer service person. It's worth the wait, in my opinion, to have that personal touch and high quality product.

• Like 1

Putter - L.A.B. B.2

Ball - TP5x Pix

2 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I heard from Liam recently. It seems to me they are a very small company with tons of orders, so they might not have a 'round-the-clock customer service person. It's worth the wait, in my opinion, to have that personal touch and high quality product.

Liam has been very response in the past so I don't know what's going on. Not a word since May 5th to several emails is not good.

12 minutes ago, brutus27 said:

Not an excuse but, he probably went a vacation or maybe has personal issues. 

That ran through my mind also... so this morning's email I also copied Matt who is VP of Operations who I had dealings with previously. Hopefully Matt will get back to me if that's the case.

Received an email from Liam last night... he was out of the office for a few days and is catching up on his emails. They have been experiencing some supply issues which affected some of the putter orders. It now looks like my putter is shipping the end of this week or early next week. 🙂

• Like 2