MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

3 hours ago, Clemsonfan said:

I read the entire thread and recalled your question and answer. I was a little confused about the description as a replacement to the OG.  Thanks for clarifying. 

Mr. Short Game, in his YouTube review, also switched to the 1.5 for the size.  I was concerned this would reduce the effectiveness of the 2.1 technology, or worse, counteract it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think at that time, the described size on the homepage  was wrong for either the OG or the 1.L

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 6/18/2021 at 2:31 PM, Clemsonfan said:

I believe I am close to buying a DF 2.1 with a 72* lie and 35”. I prefer a smaller putter grip.  Is the Press 1.L the same size as the OG grip?  I was fitted with that grip and liked the size. I currently use a Superstroke 1.0 Tour and and used to that diameter with my claw grip.  

The 1.L is the largest of our offernings. The OG is the smallest but an odd shape. I love it and prefer it but some don't like it. The Press II, 3° is great. A little bigger that a SS 1.0.

• Like 3

Highly recommend again armlock configuration. I tried mine for a little over a month, and it was extremely heavy, and difficult to get puts on line. Pace was also very difficult to figure out. The fitting online was not quite right, so the putter also always felt uncomfortable. I’m 6’4” and play to a 10 handicap, so maybe it was a difficult fitting because of my height. Regardless I think the weight of the putter makes it unplayable. I actually like the feel of the regular length version, just a warning to those of you considering armlock or sweeper models, I would get one in your hands before doing the online fitting. 

21 hours ago, Jjoc said:

Highly recommend again armlock configuration. I tried mine for a little over a month, and it was extremely heavy, and difficult to get puts on line. Pace was also very difficult to figure out. The fitting online was not quite right, so the putter also always felt uncomfortable. I’m 6’4” and play to a 10 handicap, so maybe it was a difficult fitting because of my height. Regardless I think the weight of the putter makes it unplayable. I actually like the feel of the regular length version, just a warning to those of you considering armlock or sweeper models, I would get one in your hands before doing the online fitting. 

Sorry to hear its not quite right. Have you reached out to customer service to see if they can re-work the putter a bit?

At this point, its been 3 rounds since I hit a bad putt.

Misjudgments - yes

Misreads - yes

bad putts - nope

It is absolutely insane

• Like 3

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 4/17/2021 at 8:51 AM, Bunkersarebigcups said:

I got my factory second by emailing [email protected] after recommendation from @labgolf and other users on here. 

He then sent me a sheet to fill in. It was quick and accurate and the putter is in perfect shape.

@ronw04:This is how L.A.B. golf recommended me to get hands on a Factory Second.

Edited by Bunkersarebigcups

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Brief update… been going broomstick this season and I am averaging 32 putts per round, down from just over 36 from last season with a standard putter. I love this putter more than can be stated. But, I have been toying with a standard length 2.1 at the PGA SS last few weeks and now that I have the knack of the broomstick, I have found putting with the standard length even easier than the broomstick. I am real close to pulling the trigger and taking a flier on a standard length putter and giving it a true head to head with my broomstick. 

One question for anyone who may know, but most likely for @labgolf, but what are the specs of the putters that are at the PGA store? I assume they are the “DF 2.1 Stock” that are offered on the LABgolf website? (Hate to bring up the price but they are the $399.00 option on the website). Black shaft (guessing KBS shaft in matte black?), Press II 3 grip, and I am going to go out on a limb and say 69 degree lie angle? The LAB putters in the store definitely seem to be “flatter” than other brands of putters in the store, but that could be my imagination. 

And if this has been answered in the previous pages already I apologize. 

Thanks!

Edited by iceman1118

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Mk II 20 Degree Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 95X

Miura MC 502 4-P Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Ping PLD DS 72

Titleist Pro V1

2 hours ago, iceman1118 said:

Brief update… been going broomstick this season and I am averaging 32 putts per round, down from just over 36 from last season with a standard putter. I love this putter more than can be stated. But, I have been toying with a standard length 2.1 at the PGA SS last few weeks and now that I have the knack of the broomstick, I have found putting with the standard length even easier than the broomstick. I am real close to pulling the trigger and taking a flier on a standard length putter and giving it a true head to head with my broomstick. 

One question for anyone who may know, but most likely for @labgolf, but what are the specs of the putters that are at the PGA store? I assume they are the “DF 2.1 Stock” that are offered on the LABgolf website? (Hate to bring up the price but they are the $399.00 option on the website). Black shaft (guessing KBS shaft in matte black?), Press II 3 grip, and I am going to go out on a limb and say 69 degree lie angle? The LAB putters in the store definitely seem to be “flatter” than other brands of putters in the store, but that could be my imagination. 

Thanks!

Assuming PGA Superstores stocks the same version of what they sell online, here is the specs from their website (PGASS):

SPECIFICATIONS

Lie Angle: 69°
Length: 34", 35"
Head Weight: 370-415 grams depending on length and lie angle.
Swing Weight: F0-G5 depending on length and lie angle.
Loft: 3.5 degrees static loft (0.5 degrees effective loft).
Grip: 2.M Putter Grip
Alignment Aid: #1

14 hours ago, iceman1118 said:

Thanks!

I always though the center shaft and "backward" shaft makes it look super flat, even on my 72* one. Just your mind playing tricks on you I guess

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

I’m sorry to post a question that is almost certainly addressed somewhere in the thread.  I tried to find it, but it is a long thread, as you guys seem to really love these putters! 
How forgiving is the blade style?  Is there much difference between the blade 1 and b.2?
thank you for any information, and I apologize again for asking questions that have probably already been answered.

Edited by jomatty

On 6/21/2021 at 1:31 PM, labgolf said:

The 1.L is the largest of our offernings. The OG is the smallest but an odd shape. I love it and prefer it but some don't like it. The Press II, 3° is great. A little bigger that a SS 1.0.

I ordered a putter from 2nd Swing that matched my specs with the OG grip and it will arrive tomorrow. My fitter ordered some grips and had the Presse II, 3.0 and I could have easily used it, as well  Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

I received my putter today from 2nd Swing and took it out for practice tonight.  For short game I like to complete two different drills. The first, from Phil Kenyon, is to attempt putts from 5’, 10’, 15’ and 20’ from four different angles to five different holes. Your goal is to make 100’ of putts.  I made 90’ twice on a green that was aerated about a week or so ago.  They rolled well for the most part.  For me, an 8-handicapper, 90’ is very good!

The second drill is to chip to all 9 holes from the same spot and get up and down 5 times.  I am not the best chipper and pitcher of the ball, and recently took a lesson from Scott DeVaux at the Dresser Academy in Pawley’s Island, SC, and he helped me tremendously.  Tonight, I converted 5/9, and my misses were due to putts being well over 10’ after my chip/pitch.  Great first night with a new putter!  I aim with the face and have the long white line with a short T on a black club head. Easy alignment.  My misses were generally short, and I will work on speed.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 11:05 AM, iceman1118 said:

Thanks!

69° and 34 or 35 inches. Yes, we are a touch flatter than most stock offerings. Yes on KBS and Press II

On 7/4/2021 at 2:29 AM, jomatty said:

I’m sorry to post a question that is almost certainly addressed somewhere in the thread.  I tried to find it, but it is a long thread, as you guys seem to really love these putters! 
How forgiving is the blade style?  Is there much difference between the blade 1 and b.2?
thank you for any information, and I apologize again for asking questions that have probably already been answered.

Its more forgiving than other center shafted blades but much less forgiving than the DF 2.1

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:16 PM, Clemsonfan said:

I received my putter today from 2nd Swing and took it out for practice tonight.  For short game I like to complete two different drills. The first, from Phil Kenyon, is to attempt putts from 5’, 10’, 15’ and 20’ from four different angles to five different holes. Your goal is to make 100’ of putts.  I made 90’ twice on a green that was aerated about a week or so ago.  They rolled well for the most part.  For me, an 8-handicapper, 90’ is very good!

The second drill is to chip to all 9 holes from the same spot and get up and down 5 times.  I am not the best chipper and pitcher of the ball, and recently took a lesson from Scott DeVaux at the Dresser Academy in Pawley’s Island, SC, and he helped me tremendously.  Tonight, I converted 5/9, and my misses were due to putts being well over 10’ after my chip/pitch.  Great first night with a new putter!  I aim with the face and have the long white line with a short T on a black club head. Easy alignment.  My misses were generally short, and I will work on speed.

Nice. Swing the putter lnger, not harder to get it to the hole

• Like 1

18 hours ago, labgolf said:

69° and 34 or 35 inches. Yes, we are a touch flatter than most stock offerings. Yes on KBS and Press II

Thanks! Pulled the trigger and really enjoying it. 

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Mk II 20 Degree Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 95X

Miura MC 502 4-P Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Ping PLD DS 72

Titleist Pro V1

After weeks of reading and being intrigued, I stopped by 2nd swing to try one out. They have a TON of them in all types of configurations. They are a bit cheaper so I think they may be factory 2nds? Every putter on the rack there is priced the exact same amount, all of them $321. As I'm looking through all of the different colors, lie angles, lengths, top lines, ect. I noticed ONE of them in the bunch had a Stability Tour shaft in it! I picked it up, and sure enough it was the same price as the rest of them! AND it was my specs! SCORE! 🙂

After using it last night for the first time my first thought is.....it is HUGE!!! I didn't even make it on to the first green and one of the guys I was playing against said "what in the he** is that thing in your hand"! LOL

Going in cold, and just using it on course for the first time, I have to say it is pretty awesome. The ball just goes right to where you aim. I thought the feel was fine and the distance control with no practice time was outstanding. All in all, I think this monstrosity is going to be in my bag for a little while.

• Like 4

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

I bought a LAB DF 2.1 with the stability shaft off of a 2nd hand website. The putter came at 36" in length and 70* lie. I hadn't quite found a rhythm with it yet so I went to my local club champion to get fitted. SAM suggested that I need to play a putter at 35" in length and 66* lie.

Does anyone know if I can send my putter to LAB to get it readjusted? I dont mind paying for the work but didnt know the policy for putters bought 2nd hand.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, danglingangler said:

I bought a LAB DF 2.1 with the stability shaft off of a 2nd hand website. The putter came at 36" in length and 70* lie. I hadn't quite found a rhythm with it yet so I went to my local club champion to get fitted. SAM suggested that I need to play a putter at 35" in length and 66* lie.

Does anyone know if I can send my putter to LAB to get it readjusted? I dont mind paying for the work but didnt know the policy for putters bought 2nd hand.

Thanks

I dont want to speak for @labgolf but i am doubting its possible to from a 70 lie angle to a 66 with the same head. 4 degrees is a lot.

• Like 1