MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

On 12/8/2021 at 6:48 PM, Tupperwolf said:

Balance is here. Past 9 towards 10 which I would call 9:30.  Again, I thought that these putters were supposed to be balanced around the shaft. I used to have an axis 1 and it was perfectly balanced to where it would never settle in any position. I thought it was supposed to be basically like swinging just a shaft with no putter head on it, no torque at all. Maybe I've just misunderstood.

PXL_20211208_230930063.jpg

This is not correct. Did you get in touch with customer service to get this fixed? Did this come right from our factory or used? BTW Axis, just like ours DOES ha ve bias. It should rest toe up

• Like 1

I was emailing with Liam about it. I got it new from the outlet site. I haven't moved to send it back for rebalancing because I left it at my club bag room and haven't had a chance to grab it yet. Thanks for responding. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

I am still having issues with gimmie  putts.  It feels like I’m trying to hitting a  putt with a sledgehammer and I’m leaving them out to the right. Worked for like an hour in the practice green and had some improvements but enough misses that I’m still concerned. My adjustments to the alignment marks seem to help. Prob should not have ordered the OG press.

@labgolfhow would one test what weight for a putter is right and is that something that can be changed after ordering?

On 12/18/2021 at 7:15 AM, spacetime said:

I am still having issues with gimmie  putts.  It feels like I’m trying to hitting a  putt with a sledgehammer and I’m leaving them out to the right. Worked for like an hour in the practice green and had some improvements but enough misses that I’m still concerned. My adjustments to the alignment marks seem to help. Prob should not have ordered the OG press.

@labgolfhow would one test what weight for a putter is right and is that something that can be changed after ordering?

Try focusing on letting the head pass the hands rather than leading with the handle

• Thanks 1

I’ve been doing the thumbs off drill and I found I am now gripping the club more vertically which I’ve seen recommended by a lot of instructors. Basically both index fingers line up down the sides of the OG press. Things feel a lot better. Going to keep practicing thumbs off and I’ll focus on releasing the club. As soon as I can I figure out what that means. 

Got 3 rounds in with my DF 2.1.  Pretty easy adjustment tbh.  I've seemed to get the speed aspect down fairly quickly, which was my main concern.   The short putts are where I like this putter the most so far. 

My confidence is going up from 10 feet and in which was my reason for using this putter, so I can safely say I'm pleased with that.  

The main thing for me is to try not to manipulate this putter.  I think playing with a traditional putter for so long I'm used to countering the twist to keep it square.  I dont need to with this putter.  I've had some putts missed because I could feel myself twist the grip on the stroke.   

A third adjustment is lining up correctly.   I've always played the ball up pretty far in my stance so that was pretty easy.  The DF2.1 is recommended to have the ball forward.   It's a matter of getting used to looking at what the correct aim looks like with this head.  Sometimes to me when everything is lined up correct I feel its aiming a little left of the target.   

Overall, I think it's a great putter.  I first tried one at a PGA SS and could tell immediately I could get along with it.  Knowing that made it easier for me to get my specs and finally get one.  

Btw....the online fitting is dang good.

• Like 4

Sim max driver
915 4w
913 hybrid
C300 4 iron...Staff Model blade 5-P
Vokey wedges

SpiderX

TP5

6 hours ago, kylesilk said:

Got 3 rounds in with my DF 2.1.  Pretty easy adjustment tbh.  I've seemed to get the speed aspect down fairly quickly, which was my main concern.   The short putts are where I like this putter the most so far. 

My confidence is going up from 10 feet and in which was my reason for using this putter, so I can safely say I'm pleased with that.  

The main thing for me is to try not to manipulate this putter.  I think playing with a traditional putter for so long I'm used to countering the twist to keep it square.  I dont need to with this putter.  I've had some putts missed because I could feel myself twist the grip on the stroke.   

A third adjustment is lining up correctly.   I've always played the ball up pretty far in my stance so that was pretty easy.  The DF2.1 is recommended to have the ball forward.   It's a matter of getting used to looking at what the correct aim looks like with this head.  Sometimes to me when everything is lined up correct I feel its aiming a little left of the target.   

Overall, I think it's a great putter.  I first tried one at a PGA SS and could tell immediately I could get along with it.  Knowing that made it easier for me to get my specs and finally get one.  

Btw....the online fitting is dang good.

Congratulations and NICE!!!!

If you want to stop twisting, may I suggest the following drills - start with 2 balls in the slot right behind the shaft. Try and make short putts and then progress to longer putts but try to keep the balls on the putter head. The next level is to only use a single ball. This drill will help you smoothen your stroke in the back and forward swing. As well, it will teach you to flatten the head at setup.

Here's the drill as explained by Bill many years ago but still relevant...

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 3

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

• 2 weeks later...

So let me tell you my LAB story.....

I just got my 18 year old son Max his first set of clubs for Christmas. I wanted to take him to get his putter though so he could feel one out. On the way last week to the golf store, I give Max some fatherly advice. I'm a 6/7 handicap player. I'm 46 and been playing since I was 6. Used to be a 1 in my early 20's. I tell Max that when it comes to putters, it doesn't matter what it looks like. I tell my golf buddies if I ever learned to putt I'd be dangerous. So we walk in and go to the good sized putter area/putting green. We are walking down the aisle and I see this ugly black thing in the used section. I tell Max, see son... there are some really ugly putters out there. I hit a putt with it..... make a 30 footer. I'm like what the..... Putt another and it's an inch left and 3 inches past on the left. Putt another and same thing but on the right. My 4th goes in again. My son looks at me and says, Welp.... looks like you just bought a new putter Dad.I was dyin'.....

I putted with that thing for 25 minutes there. I started thinking the putting surface was concaved to the holes. Went diagonally across the surface and the same. I fell in love with it but my wife would kill me if I brought home ANOTHER putter because all my previous ones are somehow broken and don't work.

So we got Max a Ping Anser which he loved. Still..... that LAB putter has been in the back of my mind like the new smoking hot beer girl who just started at your home course 2 weeks ago. Today I succumbed to my desire and went back up there and bought it.  I had to have it. I was going to go back over the weekend but I thought about my SC Phantom X I bought a few months ago and said no. Stay strong. I'm weak. They had 4 up there. 2 used and 2 new. I hit all of them and that one used one felt the best and was most accurate. Sadly it was the worst shape one too. Hey, some of the best dogs are rescues right? 🙂  

I had never heard of this putter until last week. I came home and went to my PC. Lot's of great reviews and videos out there. I found the site and in a few months when my new company is up and running I'll order a new one with the right shaft and specs, although this one is inspiring. Saturday can't get here fast enough!!! 

• Like 4

@quickbrick

Love it, let us know how it performs on the course.  

I have been putting with my 2.1 in the office and my office mate came in today and was like, what the heck is that thing?.  He's a horrible golfer but picked it up and started rolling a few putts and immediately says "I don't know why but this thing feels really Smooth, why is that?"

• Like 1

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Testing Taylormade Bandon 1)
Bridgestone Tour BX (Alternate ball VICE PRO)

5 hours ago, bbfifas said:

@quickbrick

Love it, let us know how it performs on the course.  

I have been putting with my 2.1 in the office and my office mate came in today and was like, what the heck is that thing?.  He's a horrible golfer but picked it up and started rolling a few putts and immediately says "I don't know why but this thing feels really Smooth, why is that?"

I'll update for sure. May take Max to the range tomorrow and I'll putt with it on actual grass with it. It's a rough putting green there. We moved across town and it's a 35 minute drive to my club. This one is a 5 minute drive. Wish they'd put some money into the place. Used to be an AMAZING track in the 90's and early 2000's. 

I fully agree with your co-worker. Something about the putter when you make your putting stroke. It just flows naturally. I am a what I would consider a below average putter. I miss putts I shouldn't. I can scramble my tail off to give me an easy shot at par, and I blow it bc I miss a 4 footer. It's like clockwork. Never fails. Pisses me off. I know I can be a 1 or 2 again if I can just make the putts I'm supposed to. I
 guess if we all did that we'd be on tour right? Lol. To ME... when I stand over a putt with this putter I feel more confidence bc I know I can take it straight back and straight through. I love my Scotty Phantom X. Best putter I've had in years but I still get some waggle on the take away with it. I have switched to the 10 finger baseball style putting grip and it has been an epic change for me the last few months. With the LAB though... it's just plain silly feeling the  feeling I get of confidence. I always cringe when I get to the green. Especially if I hit one in close. The putter has been in the kitchen since last night. Every time I walk by it I grab it and swing with it. I need a putting mat here at the house!!!

When I got there yesterday... there was a guy probably mid 60's putting with my putter. I was like oh no!!! He's gonna snag the one I want! I started hitting one of the new ones. He sees me putting with it and strikes up a conversation with me. Asks if I know anything about it. We start talking and I let him know that was a used putter he was putting with. He put it back and grabbed the other new one and slide in there and started putting with it. Nice guy. I told him about their fitting needs and yada yada. He couldn't get over how everything was dead online. Pretty sure he went home and ordered one. He was in love as well.  

I have a long time golf buddy who is a caddy on the Champions Tour. I sent him a pic of it and said I did a thing today. He replied with.... "Did you get that from the props department off the set of Yellowstone?". Then he did go on to say he likes them. Lol.

Edited by QuickBrick
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, kylesilk said:

I want an Armlock 2.1 now...lol

I have the standard and it's great but ya know....

Anybody have a armlock version out there?

I have an armlock 2.1.  It’s terrific.  Not sure how much longer it’ll remain legal but it sure putts great!!  Arm locks really do quiet the hands.  Getting fitted for it would be crucial though.  Don’t buy one off the rack.  

The only putter I would place over my armlock is my 2.1 broomstick.  I’m waiting for a Mezz broomstick - THAT will be my ultimate.  Putting with a broomstick is so much easier on the back, but it also makes judging speeds so much easier.  I imagine the speed of the ball halfway to the hole during my practice stroke, then I just step in and let the putter do it’s thing.  

LAB putters make putting fun.

Edited by manVSgolf

10 hours ago, manVSgolf said:

I have an armlock 2.1.  It’s terrific.  Not sure how much longer it’ll remain legal but it sure putts great!!  Arm locks really do quiet the hands.  Getting fitted for it would be crucial though.  Don’t buy one off the rack.  

The only putter I would place over my armlock is my 2.1 broomstick.  I’m waiting for a Mezz broomstick - THAT will be my ultimate.  Putting with a broomstick is so much easier on the back, but it also makes judging speeds so much easier.  I imagine the speed of the ball halfway to the hole during my practice stroke, then I just step in and let the putter do it’s thing.  

LAB putters make putting fun.

I did my fitting online for the standard and it's perfect.   What grip do you have on your armlock?

Sim max driver
915 4w
913 hybrid
C300 4 iron...Staff Model blade 5-P
Vokey wedges

SpiderX

TP5

Finally got out yesterday to play around with my nre putter. Took my son to the range to hit balls, then the putting green, then we decided to play an emergency 9 at 4pm.

Shot 2 over. Was pretty stoked. I learned the putter pretty quick. Bogied the first 2 holes. Par'd the next 3. Then hit a 30 foot putt from off the green a few feet on a par 3 and made it. Bogied the next. Made par on the last 2.

So last hole. Hit bad shot into green long. Had probably 40 foot putt for birdie double breaker. Complete mis-read on the putt. Left myself about a 8-9 foot putt for par. I'm thinking.... oh dear God. Really? Have a great round going and leave this. This is the typical stuff that keeps me from where I know I can be. I read the putt, line the ball up, stand over it, didn't think it was enough break, readjusted, hit the putt.... boom dead center of the hole. 

I walked off that green so pumped. Can't wait for my next round. Just a great day of putting. I hadn't played this course in probably 15-20 years and the greens were pretty fast which I really struggle with. I usually nuke them by. My buddies say I have the touch of a rapist. 😞 Lol. 

It's only 1 round of 9 holes but so far I'm in love with this putter. I can't wait to get on the green b/c I know I've got a shot at making it now.

• Like 3

Went ahead and ordered a DF 2.1 from the outlet (my B.2 is up in the BST!) It gets here Monday.  After so long I have high hopes.  I found one in my specs, with an alignment that will work for the way I line up (using just the blade - I don't get on with alignment lines... they always look crooked).  Looking forward to being "that guy" on the greens.

• Like 2

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

Rolls awesome. I just pulled the grip and will reinstall since I didn't quite like the angle it was at (playing a round grip has spoiled me)... But I'm very picky about putter grip angle so not any fault of LAB. Got to roll it for 30 minutes after work and it's soooo good, and so incredibly forgiving. This alignment option is perfect for me as I aim best using the blade perpendicular to the line of the putt with no lines going toe to heel. 

PXL_20220118_204533013.jpg.67edb9bd80cc7f0064b244520982ae34.jpg

• Like 2

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

@tupperwolf  interesting alignment I like it.  Keep us posted on your progress.  

PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 

14 hours ago, Tupperwolf said:

Rolls awesome. I just pulled the grip and will reinstall since I didn't quite like the angle it was at (playing a round grip has spoiled me)... But I'm very picky about putter grip angle so not any fault of LAB. Got to roll it for 30 minutes after work and it's soooo good, and so incredibly forgiving. This alignment option is perfect for me as I aim best using the blade perpendicular to the line of the putt with no lines going toe to heel. 

PXL_20220118_204533013.jpg.67edb9bd80cc7f0064b244520982ae34.jpg

Is that a ferrule at the base of the shaft where it is connected to the head? I don't recall ever seeing one before. Is that something that the non-standard (i.e., broomstick and armlock) shafts feature?

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9deg  Ventus TR Blue 6 S

Callaway  Paradym 💎💎💎 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 7 S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 18 & 24 deg Ventus HB 8 S

Miura KM700 4-P Fujikura Axiom 105S

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52 deg Fujikura Axiom 105S

Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58deg Fujikura Axiom 105S

32.5" LAB Golf DF3 w/BGT Stability One Black | Pistol 2.0 Grip

Custom Vessel Lux Cart Bag

9 minutes ago, KensingtonPark said:

Is that a ferrule at the base of the shaft where it is connected to the head? I don't recall ever seeing one before. Is that something that the non-standard (i.e., broomstick and armlock) shafts feature?

It is a ferrule!  I noticed that as well!  I actually like it, I found this one on the outlet site for the $220 price, it is a DF 2.1T, whatever that means. It has a KBS shaft and is 35". 

• Like 1

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, KensingtonPark said:

A while back we were having trouble with keeping heads on when the shafting platform was shallower than the newer ones. It was like 1 out of 10 but still too many. the ferrule fixed the issue for the heads of that ilk that we had left.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, spacetime said:

What’s the MOI of the DF 2.1 compared to the Mezz? 

I am not sure what the exact MOI number is but the Mezz is the cats Meow.  I have a DF 2.1 and the DF might be slightly more forgiving, but not by much.  That said, the size alone of the Mezz was what drove me to pull the trigger and so glad I did.  Still forgiving but in a smaller more compact size/shape.  Ball holds its line as well when struck in the toe or heel.  Two thumbs up from me!

• Like 1

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

On 1/19/2022 at 12:37 PM, labgolf said:

A while back we were having trouble with keeping heads on when the shafting platform was shallower than the newer ones. It was like 1 out of 10 but still too many. the ferrule fixed the issue for the heads of that ilk that we had left.

Mine has a ferrule also from the lab outlet store 3 screw version of the 2.1, but it's all black shaft, head, ferrule so no big deal. 

• Like 1

PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB