DeChambeau Up 25 Lbs

I've seen some talk about PED's and Bryson which I find hilarious. The guy just looks like he hit the buffet hard. I have no doubt he has gotten stronger, but the majority of his size is not from muscle.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At this point, if Bryson says he’s going to work on gaining 6 inches of height next offseason, I’d believe him.

Update.     

Posted Images

Whatever side you may be on, he's flat out crushing it right now (and well, too.)

Two questions: 1) is he hitting his 48" driver in the tournament? (It doesn't look like it to my eye, but TV is often deceiving.) 2) Does his regular swing look like it's starting to creep back a tiny bit towards a more conventional swing? (e.g. not the rigid, straight arm, Moe Norman look).

His hat still looks supremely dorky.

• Like 1

The Incredible bulk is mashing!

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

I'd say his swing is and has been moving toward a more conventional swing.

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 driver HZRDUS Smoke black

Titleist 917 F2 HZRDUS Smoke black

Titleist TS3 19 hybrid HZRDUS smoke black

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-gap

Vokey sm8 56/10 s grind 

Vokey sm8 60/12 d grind 

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

I didn't mind the hat when he had a slender look but has to get rid of it now with the new look. He looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger playing an unconvincing undercover nerd character in a film.

He may be nuking it off the tee but he looks too bulky. And Puma need to make him some better fitting pants. Nothing worse than white pocket linings showing as fit is too small.

345yd. average for two days.

10.5* Ping G400 max w/GD Tour AD IZ-4

16.5* Titleist TS2 FW

20* Titleist TS2 FW

22* TM M2 Hybrid

25* TM GAPR Hi

6~U Ping G710 w/recoils

54* Ping Glide 3.0 WS

58* Ping Glide 3.0 EYE2

Scotty Newport 2

He gained 45 pounds since October.

Assuming he’s not juicing/trt, the absolute max muscle, even with “newbie gains”, a guy his age can gain in a year is 20-25 pounds.

Lets say he has crushed it (although I see no video of him doing heavy squats and deadlifts) and gained 15 pounds of muscle in 7 months.

So, he gained about 30 pounds of pure fat. That’s how he looks, actually.

But, he has definitely accomplished what he set out to do. Gain a lot of weight and hit it longer. Although, even he said that his distance gains have more to do with the speed training than the weight gain.

• Like 1

I never heard him say anything about getting huge, chiseled, buff, cut, vascular, defined.... any of the bodybuilder terms.

He wanted to get heavier and stronger and better at golf. Mission accomplished, I'd say. I do find it confusing to know if the speed training or the weight are responsible though. All that weight is generally not good for the joints.

Note: Since he's a brainiac, he wouldn't be measuring his progress in "pounds". He be going all metric and using "meters" or whatever they do.

I didn’t say I know more about what he’s doing. I said he accomplished his goal. Gain a ton of weight and hit it farther. But he was quoted as saying that his distance gains are more attributable to the speed training then to the weight gain.

As far as the amount of fat versus muscle he gained. It’s not conjecture, it’s fact. I doubt he and his trainer wouldn’t even dispute what I said.

• Like 1

Since you mention bodybuilding, there could be 2 sides to this.

I get the strength training and speed training. He has a very knowledgeable coach and that’s great. But I have never heard of a sports coach advising weight gain on its own as a way to accomplish sports goals unless we are talking about football or some strongman competition s where the physical weight Itself actually yields an advantage.

But, in bodybuilding, bulking and cutting is still a pretty standard practice.

I really wonder if Bryson’s actual goal isn’t to get a bodybuilders physique via bulking and cutting so he can be on that same magazine that Brooks was!

Kilograms. As I previously mentioned, adding mass enables swinging harder via greater frictional force with the ground. If he had just gotten stronger, but not added mass he would have had to add a ground force loading move like JT uses. However, that move is an extra variable in the swing that BAD may not have wanted to add. It would need lots of grooving to maintain accuracy. JT has spent a lifetime grooving that move to be successful with it.

Yea, he gained a good amount of fat. I would say prob 30-40% muscle and 60-70% fat gained. That’s just what happens when you do it fast like he did but generally the more you weigh the stronger you are.

They probably fit just fine when he was actually fitted!

All kidding aside, some of y'all sound like Big Bry is a sumo rassler. Dude is strong. And thick. Not cut, but certainly not gobby fat like some here are letting on.

And I still think he's closer to 260...

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 9* 
Ping G30 14.5
Ping G20 17-Degree
Ping K15 4 Hybrid
Ping S56 5-9
Ping Tour Rustique 47, 50, 54
Taylormade Hi-Toe 58
Ping Anser 4 BeCu