DeChambeau Up 25 Lbs

Holy Moses

Agree with this. BAD wants to be the baddest guy on tour. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was studying some sort of martial arts, too. When you have millions in the bank, when you have money, fortune, and fame, you need to find your motivation in other places than money. I think that motivation is Koepka. Bigger, stronger, longer, faster than Koepka. And looking a lot more ripped than Koepka in a Body Issue of Sports Illustrated.

Perfectly said, he has definitely given this plenty of thought. Told everybody what he was going to do, put the work in and is doing it. He has finished no worse than 5th in his last 4 tournaments, and had he putted better over the weekend he would have won by at least 5 strokes.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Maybe it is limited but then again look at how his right leg stays angled to the target like Ben Hogan, which allows him to swing from the top with confidence. I once read that Ben Hogan said his real secret was he never moved his right knee.

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

I haven't seen that but I have seen other things where Hogan said one thing while doing another(like the elbows being close together). However, if you look at his leg action his right leg is very braced like Brysons. Hogan was I expect like a lot of good golfers and teaching pros, they try to explain what they think they are doing in the swing, but many times that's not what is actually happening. Golf is still mostly art hence why it is so difficult for the majority of people.

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

He will find a weight ceiling pretty soon, if not already at the 240 range. Ceiling as in he won’t find it beneficial to carry that much weight around long term. He will then start to slowly lean out over the next year or 2 and drop probably into the 215-220 range while still maintaining the strength and speed he has gained.

Mark my words.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

why did he put the wait on fast? He simply chose to do it that way. Sure he could have slowly put it on the weight over a year or 2 but it would be a very long process. He chose to go through it quicker knowing his touch would struggle a little doing that much change to his body in 6-8 months. But it was a sacrifice he thought would be worth it long term.

Any big weight change in a short amount of time will affect the swing in short term. He was willing to do that for the gains in speed and strength. Him slowing leaning back down shouldn’t have any negative effects on swing consistency.

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

But why bulk at all? That’s not how athletes train. That’s how bodybuilders train. And even in bodybuilding these days, old school style “bulk and cut” is far less the norm now.

Athletes train heavy strength range, not hyper trophy (Bodybuilder) range. And they gain weight to minimize body fat gain.

With his expert trainer, he could have gained the same strength and speed and gained 10 pounds of muscle in 6 months and minimized body fat gain. I mean, if an athlete wants speed, does he look to increase his body fat?

So, why gain all the fat?

As you said, if he cuts, then this seems a lot about bodybuilding as far as the weight gain.

And that’s cool. Let’s hope he needs a 46 athletic cut Green Jacket ; )

I’m aware of the training differences but “bulking” is still the norm across bodybuilding and powerlifting. Athlete’s train strength range for their specific profession but they are usually restricted by body weight requirements.

He can’t gain 10lbs of pure muscle in 6 months naturally.

I can’t say why he chose to do things the exact way he did. Multiple ways to do it. I just know, and would bet, that he will slowly begin to trim it down while maintaining the speed and strength. Being 6’1” and around 190-195 and then going up to 240 in less than a year is not something comfortably sustainable long term.

Piretti Savona 

All I know is that his process is working. He is accomplishing exactly what he set out to do. That is very admirable even if I do not understand it and think it is nuts.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I'm wondering what happened to all of the "bomb and gouge is ruining golf" folks... BAD bulks up and gains 20-30 yards and people can't stop talking about him/ distance.

I'm shocked he's been able to do as well as he has done.

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I guess I'm out of the loop... I feel like everything I've seen the last couple of weeks have been people fawning over the distance

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I agree with your take on it.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Because he wanted to lol. Who cares what you, athletes, experts, announcers or anybody really thinks on it or if it was right or smart. Dude set out to for whatever reason to do it and did it.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

The irrational infatuation with DeChambeau is almost as bad as it is with Koepka. Koepka isn’t any more of a physical presence than the average guy working out at the ymca. Any reference to him being compared to an NFL player is laughable unless it’s a kicker and even then it’s a stretch. As for DeChambeau, some act like he became morbidly obese in 6 months. It’s ridiculous. The guy started working out and pudged up a little but he’s far from being the fat slob some make out like he is.