Jump to content

WHHHHHAAAA? New Mizuno ST-200, ST-200G and ST-200X Drivers!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice! I just wish mizuno would do an aftermarket weight kit

I was at a mizuno fitting event and they had a ST200. I had a chance to hit it. I will say this, the new white headcovers look awesome and premium. The rep told me their is a new technology in the fac

They don't look bad. If they perform like the ST190s did, they'll be a hit, like that last versions were.

  • Like 1
G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
PING Bruzer
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
(MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. I am guessing the X is the most game improvement'ish head. It also looks like they have moved passed the wave technology at least visibly. It was a very close race between the 190 and the epic flash when I bought my driver.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @QuigleyDU said:

> Interesting. I am guessing the X is the most game improvement'ish head. It also looks like they have moved passed the wave technology at least visibly. It was a very close race between the 190 and the epic flash when I bought my driver.

 

Definitely looks that way. Interesting because visually I think the wave looks far better than the flat graphic in these pictures. Also curious about the bottom screw in the X - doesn't seem like that screw is adjusting anything..?

Mizuno ST190G 8.5° Diamana BF 60TX

Taylormade M6 15° Tensei PW 70TX

Taylormade 2019 P790 UDI Tensei PW 100TX

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 DG X100

Mizuno MP-33 6-PW Nippon SPB X

Taylormade MG2 52°,56° Nippon SPB X

Taylormade Hi Toe Raw Face 60° Nippon SPB X

Odyssey White Ice #1

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @bostonbrahmin said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > Interesting. I am guessing the X is the most game improvement'ish head. It also looks like they have moved passed the wave technology at least visibly. It was a very close race between the 190 and the epic flash when I bought my driver.

>

> Definitely looks that way. Interesting because visually I think the wave looks far better than the flat graphic in these pictures. Also curious about the bottom screw in the X - doesn't seem like that screw is adjusting anything..?

 

My thought would be that it is just added weight in the heal to help with face closure. Much the same as your draw model callawayand TM clubs, or SFT ping drivers. They just fix some weight in the heal.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @bostonbrahmin said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > Interesting. I am guessing the X is the most game improvement'ish head. It also looks like they have moved passed the wave technology at least visibly. It was a very close race between the 190 and the epic flash when I bought my driver.

> >

> > Definitely looks that way. Interesting because visually I think the wave looks far better than the flat graphic in these pictures. Also curious about the bottom screw in the X - doesn't seem like that screw is adjusting anything..?

>

> My thought would be that it is just added weight in the heal to help with face closure. Much the same as your draw model callawayand TM clubs, or SFT ping drivers. They just fix some weight in the heal.

Yeah, just looking at it and the non-x, the x seems to have added perimeter weighting for additional moi. It’s most likely the game improvement version.

 

As of 6/5/20

9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

50, 54, 60 Vokeys

Tank Counter Balance #7 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @tsecor said:

> if it aint Callaway, Titleist or TM, it aint a hit as far as drivers go.

 

Add Ping to that list then that about covers it.

G400 Max Rogue Silver 70

Exotics CBX T3 16.5 Rogue Silver 80

Exotics CBX 20* RIP Alpha 105

T-MB 4, 5 Recoil 110

JPX 900 Tour 6-P Recoil 125

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 50, 56 Recoil Wedge Proto

RM-22 60 Black Onyx S400

Spider FCG L-Neck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that just some sort of forward tungsten weight on the G model that is visible in the speed pocket?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60s
Callaway XR Pro TC 14* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80s
Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
Callaway XR Pro TC 23* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x

Maltby TS-1 5 iron - KBS Tour 120s

Srixon Z745 6-PW - KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom

Spider Tour Red 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @coreyhr said:

> Is that just some sort of forward tungsten weight on the G model that is visible in the speed pocket?

 

My guess is that it is a reinforcement so that the weight channel doesn't crack.

 

Cobra SZ 9* : Ventus Blue 6-S

Cobra F9 Tour 4W : Tour AD TP 8-S

Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Nippon Modus3 105-S

Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S

Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @jvincent said:

> > @coreyhr said:

> > Is that just some sort of forward tungsten weight on the G model that is visible in the speed pocket?

>

> My guess is that it is a reinforcement so that the weight channel doesn't crack.

>

 

Exactly what I was thinking as well.

 

It looks like Mizuno might be doing something similar to what Taylormade did with the M-series in that the adjustable model has some built-in room for improvement. The ST190G had very limited range of adjustment front to back and by angling the tracks in the 200G they have increased that. I wouldn't be surprised to see whatever the next model is have the tracks angled even more to meet at the very back center of the head.

Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade TP UDI 16* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818 H118.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype
Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Valtiel said:

> > @jvincent said:

> > > @coreyhr said:

> > > Is that just some sort of forward tungsten weight on the G model that is visible in the speed pocket?

> >

> > My guess is that it is a reinforcement so that the weight channel doesn't crack.

> >

>

> Exactly what I was thinking as well.

>

> It looks like Mizuno might be doing something similar to what Taylormade did with the M-series in that the adjustable model has some built-in room for improvement. The ST190G had very limited range of adjustment front to back and by angling the tracks in the 200G they have increased that. I wouldn't be surprised to see whatever the next model is have the tracks angled even more to meet at the very back center of the head.

 

Could also be a little bit of forward weight to keep the spin down, not sure why it would be on the adjustable version but I know in a lot of people’s testing, the ST-190G ended up being to most draw biased out of any other driver in the test, so maybe they’re just putting a little bit more weight in the toe to keep the head from turning over too fast

Link to post
Share on other sites

ST-190 was a solid sound and surprisingly forgiving driver... ST-200 could be a WINNER

PING G400 [10.5°] ACCRA Tour TZ6 65

Callaway Epic TC [15°] Mitsubishi Diamana BF 70

Callaway APEX '16 [20° & 23°] Fujikura ATMOS TS Blue HB 85

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged [5-6-7-8-9-W] KBS $-Taper 120

Mizuno T20 Raw [50° - 55° / 59°] KBS Wedge 120 / KBS HiRev 2.0 125

Bettinardi Queen B #5 w/ BGT Stability  // SIK DW 2.0  w/ KBS CT Tour Putter

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love my st190g driver and won’t be changing it , but hopefully this new edition has a nice small

Headed fairway wood

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Doyouevenblade said:

> Just saw the st190 3 wood today and it sat beautifully, if they brought an adjustable hosel to that, look out wallet.

 

There are 2 versions of the ST190 FW’s

 

The ST190TS has an adjustable hosel and its an absolute rocket launcher.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a great play for Mizuno to release a driver line again. They made huge strides with the ST 190S and may have gotten overshadowed with the big year we had in drivers in 2019. This will get them on a rotation opposites of the driver known oems. I'm ready to hit one!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...