Streamsong Review - Bowling Green Florida

I just finished my annual golf trip (25th year) and we went to Streamsong this year. We played two rounds each on the three courses there Red, Blue and Black.

**The Bad:**

Booking was not that easy. We had a large group and booked almost a year in advance and during that time we had (3) different people assigned to us. Everyone in my group was charged a different amount for a deposit and we had fits trying to figure out what was included and what wasn't. At the time we booked, Streamsong wasn't allowing booking companies like Golf Zoo, etc, so you had no choice but to work directly with the resort. My understanding is that has changed now so I would definitely use a booking company if you go there.

You can't get there from here. We flew into Tampa and rented mini-vans and drove there. You drive into BFE and turn left. Seriously, I've not taken so many backroads to get to a high end course before. :) They have a shuttle service available, but it was a lot cheaper to rent minivans and then we had a little bit of flexibility (my group was flying in from all over the country).

Food - the food wasn't bad, but it was not great for the high $$ paid. Further, service was extremely slow. We had 2 hours between rounds (primarily because we were the first 3 groups on the course each day and we played much quicker than they indicated it would take, right at 4 hours walking with caddies). It took 1.5 hours for lunch each day. We would have never made our 2nd rounds if we had not played our 1st rounds so quickly.

**The Good:**

The courses were extremely fun. Massively wide fairways with waste areas (primarily) out of the fairways that you could hit out of fairly easily. My group had handicaps from 3 to 12 and we had a couple guys that didn't lose a ball all week and most guys got through the week losing a sleeve or less. The courses had massive green complexes with a lot of break on the greens and a lot of bunkering. If you can manage to keep your 3-putts to a minimum (which isn't easy since you end up putting the ball from distances where you would have missed the green completely on most courses) you can really score well.

All 3 courses were fun. Our group liked the Red and the Blue the best for the most part but some of the guys did like the Black the best. I thought the Black had a few greens that deserved a "clown's mouth" around the hole they were so bizarre including one green (8 or 9 I think) that was literally a bowl. I've never seen anything like that green before.

There is a really fun 18 hole putting green at the Black course along with a par 3 course. You need to budget time for both if you go there.

The facilities were very nice, pretty top notch all around.

**Overall:**

I would recommend the trip. Lot's of fun for the entire group regardless of golfer skill level. The ingredients are all there for this to be one of the top 2 or 3 golf trips in the US if they can get their act together on a few things. If their non-golf operations ran like Bandon Dunes (for example) this one would be a can't miss trip.

I don't really think it is fair for location to be on "The Bad" list. It is an hour 15 from a major airport. Pebble, Whistling Straits, Sand Valley, Bandon, Cabot, Pinehurst, and the list goes on are all an hour+ to get to from the closest major/international airport. I also think being away from everything is what makes it great.

I do agree about the food though, overpriced for what it is.

I love the courses at Streamsong, black is one of the most unique courses I have ever played.

• Like 2

Everyone I've talked to that has gone says the same thing about the restaurants - service and food not up to the level of a top destination course and at best average. Average food for $$$$ makes everyone a little pissed since you don't really have any other options when out in the middle of nowhere. It's the one thing that has made my annual February trip group think about it every year, but always decide to skip it. When you're charging a much higher rate compared to other golf destinations you've got to do everything right.

• Like 1

what is higher rates compared to other golf destination? streamsong is tremendous value with direct flights from any city into orlando/tampa on the east coast/northeast and a 1 hour-ish drive; food wise it's the same price/quality as cabot/sand valley/whistling/pebble/kiawah/pinehurst/

it's resort food. not michelin star rated.

• Like 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Just as good as all the resorts I listed above. 6 dollars a hotdog taste the same everyone. Only place it taste better is when you get it for 1.50 at sams club.

• Like 2

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

all resort food is over-priced ... the food at the clubhouses was decent enough, and not too over-priced ... food doesn't play into it for me, personally, esp on a guy's trip ... burgers and wings ... you can play as a non-resort guest for $125 a round from june 1st to the end of august ... that's a steal for those courses ...

> @jerebear21 said:

> what is higher rates compared to other golf destination? streamsong is tremendous value with direct flights from any city into orlando/tampa on the east coast/northeast and a 1 hour-ish drive; food wise it's the same price/quality as cabot/sand valley/whistling/pebble/kiawah/pinehurst/

>

> it's resort food. not michelin star rated.

I'd rate the food per $$/service better at all those places vs. Streamsong (except for Sand Valley as I've not been there yet). It's the combination of quality, cost and service that puts it at the bottom of the list. It's not a reason to not go to Streamsong at all, but if it were improved (in light of there being basically no other options) I think Streamsong really would jump up to the very top of US golf destinations. Just my opinion.

Now while I whole heartedly respect your opinions I don’t believe they are facts. Rounds at the above are much higher than streamsong(except for sand valley but they are similar). Much much higher when you include hotel expense, traveling expense and the time require to get there. Add in the fact that pebble, pinehurst and streamsong are the only resorts(from above choices) you can golf at in February it’s not a clear cut comparison as one may think. The quality of golf is exceptional. The traveling is pretty darn easy which makes for a quick weekend getaway that much more enticing. Especially in the middle of winter. Throw me some hot dogs for 6 bucks if I can get away from a blizzard. I’ll gladly wait for the shuttle an extra 5 minutes since I really have no where to go to.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

> @Dancin said:

> Everyone I've talked to that went to Streamsong would strongly disagree that the food/service is the same as other top resorts.

I've been to many of the other resorts mentioned in an above post along with a few others - and Streamsong had the worst service of any I'd been to. It wasnt even close. I had no issue with the price of food being high, its just that most of the food was mediocre. Restaurant service seemed very indifferent to our group. Hotel staff - same. Shuttle service sometimes took forever. Should you complain because the shuttle is free? I dont know, but if it takes 10+ minutes to get a shuttle to go two miles - I'm just going to walk to my car thats sitting right there. Most of our group agreed we would never go back.

I think in my review I wrote that I'd give everything on the golf side an A or A+ and everything on the hotel side a D. At the time, the golf side was managed by a different company than was managing the lodge side - so that wasnt surprising.

The level and quality of service you get on the hotel/food side of places like Whistling/Pebble/Pinehurst/Sea Island just trounces what most people seem to get at SS.

FWIW I loved every single part of the golf there.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @Dancin said:

> > Everyone I've talked to that went to Streamsong would strongly disagree that the food/service is the same as other top resorts.

>

> I've been to many of the other resorts mentioned in an above post along with a few others - and Streamsong had the worst service of any I'd been to. It wasnt even close. I had no issue with the price of food being high, its just that most of the food was mediocre. Restaurant service seemed very indifferent to our group. Hotel staff - same. Shuttle service sometimes took forever. Should you complain because the shuttle is free? I dont know, but if it takes 10+ minutes to get a shuttle to go two miles - I'm just going to walk to my car thats sitting right there. Most of our group agreed we would never go back.

>

> I think in my review I wrote that I'd give everything on the golf side an A or A+ and everything on the hotel side a D. At the time, the golf side was managed by a different company than was managing the lodge side - so that wasnt surprising.

>

> The level and quality of service you get on the hotel/food side of places like Whistling/Pebble/Pinehurst/Sea Island just trounces what most people seem to get at SS.

>

> FWIW I loved every single part of the golf there.

Yep. That's what everyone who has been there has told me. Not even close to other golf resorts with lesser courses. Golf is great but the hotel/restaurant is mid tier at best. When you're paying what they charge in the high season in winter, it's a big issue. There's many golf resorts you can go to in the winter with dramatically better food and service for $500 or more less for a weekend. For my group of guys who want to get away and golf in the winter at an upper level resort on nice courses, SS always loses due to it being more expensive with much worse hotel/restaurants. If they got the hotel/restaurant service up to at least places like Innisbrook/Doral/TPC San Antonio etc... then I think we would be willing to pay the premium for the courses you get.

> @dcmidnight said:

> I think in my review I wrote that I'd give everything on the golf side an A or A+ and everything on the hotel side a D. At the time, the golf side was managed by a different company than was managing the lodge side - so that wasnt surprising.

>

> The level and quality of service you get on the hotel/food side of places like Whistling/Pebble/Pinehurst/Sea Island just trounces what most people seem to get at SS.

>

Whistling, Pebble, and Sea Island are three of the nicest resorts you'll go anywhere, period, even without golf. They've also had decades to hone their service level. SS has been open for what, 10 years? I think it's an unfair comparison. A better comparison (IMHO) is Cabot. I think service levels are very similar between the two and remain a bit "rough around the edges". My issue with SS is the corporate feel of the hotel, just very sterile.

One thing on the positive side about SS's food is the BBQ halfway house on the Red / Blue - that place is awesome

> @medicoreMAgolfer said:

> > @dcmidnight said:

> > I think in my review I wrote that I'd give everything on the golf side an A or A+ and everything on the hotel side a D. At the time, the golf side was managed by a different company than was managing the lodge side - so that wasnt surprising.

> >

> > The level and quality of service you get on the hotel/food side of places like Whistling/Pebble/Pinehurst/Sea Island just trounces what most people seem to get at SS.

> >

>

> Whistling, Pebble, and Sea Island are three of the nicest resorts you'll go anywhere, period, even without golf. They've also had decades to hone their service level. SS has been open for what, 10 years? I think it's an unfair comparison. A better comparison (IMHO) is Cabot. I think service levels are very similar between the two and remain a bit "rough around the edges". My issue with SS is the corporate feel of the hotel, just very sterile.

>

> One thing on the positive side about SS's food is the BBQ halfway house on the Red / Blue - that place is awesome

>

I was actually going to say the food on the course is really good. The bbq place and on the black they have empanadas or did last time I was there. Thought they were solid.

> @Dancin said:

Innisbrook/Doral/TPC San Antonio etc... then I think we would be willing to pay the premium for the courses you get.

I was a member at Innisbrook years ago and it’s still a current reciprocal club for me now. So from my experience the service is just as good and the food is much much better at streamsong. This isn’t a knock on Innisbrook. I don’t believe for a second the service at streamsong is as bad as you and your friends claim. I’ve also played at Doral. Though both are tour quality courses(pending seasonal conditions) they are not even on the same level as streamsong. You should go for yourself instead of listening to your friends.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

> @medicoreMAgolfer said:

> > @dcmidnight said:

> > I think in my review I wrote that I'd give everything on the golf side an A or A+ and everything on the hotel side a D. At the time, the golf side was managed by a different company than was managing the lodge side - so that wasnt surprising.

> >

> > The level and quality of service you get on the hotel/food side of places like Whistling/Pebble/Pinehurst/Sea Island just trounces what most people seem to get at SS.

> >

>

> Whistling, Pebble, and Sea Island are three of the nicest resorts you'll go anywhere, period, even without golf. They've also had decades to hone their service level. SS has been open for what, 10 years? I think it's an unfair comparison. A better comparison (IMHO) is Cabot. I think service levels are very similar between the two and remain a bit "rough around the edges". My issue with SS is the corporate feel of the hotel, just very sterile.

>

> One thing on the positive side about SS's food is the BBQ halfway house on the Red / Blue - that place is awesome

>

I dont know, do you really think you need to give a place 10 years to fix their service problems? I agree, the hotel staff and feel was very sterile - thats a good word IMO.

I talked with my caddie there - he was a tour caddie for a long time - and at the time he said the issue is really getting quality employees to want to work there. For people who havent been there and hear its in the middle of nowhere, that doesnt even begin to describe it. So I could see how it might be an issue.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I also noticed you used "winter" a lot. I'm assuming you think there should be a "winter rate". Our peak season is during winter time. This isn't north of dixie line. Our greens roll 11/12, fairways are firm and weather is predictably low 70s/50s during winter time. Maybe a cold spell for a couple days here and there but sunshine and green fairways from January-May. It's peak season for us as opposed to our summer time rates when it's humid, greens are slow, fairways are wet and soaked. Private clubs are usually closed for a month or so and public courses will be punched every 3 weeks during summer time. Most folks are misinformed and believe winter rate means cheaper rate here in florida.

bandon is the only place you get playable winter rate being cheaper rate and that's a shot in the dark as weather can range from snow, ice to clear skies.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

> @jerebear21 said:

> I also noticed you used "winter" a lot. I'm assuming you think there should be a "winter rate". Our peak season is during winter time. This isn't north of dixie line. Our greens roll 11/12, fairways are firm and weather is predictably low 70s/50s during winter time. Maybe a cold spell for a couple days here and there but sunshine and green fairways from January-May. It's peak season for us as opposed to our summer time rates when it's humid, greens are slow, fairways are wet and soaked. Private clubs are usually closed for a month or so and public courses will be punched every 3 weeks during summer time. Most folks are misinformed and believe winter rate means cheaper rate here in florida.

>

> bandon is the only place you get playable winter rate being cheaper rate and that's a shot in the dark as weather can range from snow, ice to clear skies.

Kiawah Island offers the best winter rate in golf. I agree with everything you said, other than the Bandon bit.

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @medicoreMAgolfer said:

> > > @dcmidnight said:

> > > I think in my review I wrote that I'd give everything on the golf side an A or A+ and everything on the hotel side a D. At the time, the golf side was managed by a different company than was managing the lodge side - so that wasnt surprising.

> > >

> > > The level and quality of service you get on the hotel/food side of places like Whistling/Pebble/Pinehurst/Sea Island just trounces what most people seem to get at SS.

> > >

> >

> > Whistling, Pebble, and Sea Island are three of the nicest resorts you'll go anywhere, period, even without golf. They've also had decades to hone their service level. SS has been open for what, 10 years? I think it's an unfair comparison. A better comparison (IMHO) is Cabot. I think service levels are very similar between the two and remain a bit "rough around the edges". My issue with SS is the corporate feel of the hotel, just very sterile.

> >

> > One thing on the positive side about SS's food is the BBQ halfway house on the Red / Blue - that place is awesome

> >

>

> I dont know, do you really think you need to give a place 10 years to fix their service problems? I agree, the hotel staff and feel was very sterile - thats a good word IMO.

>

> I talked with my caddie there - he was a tour caddie for a long time - and at the time he said the issue is really getting quality employees to want to work there. For people who havent been there and hear its in the middle of nowhere, that doesnt even begin to describe it. So I could see how it might be an issue.

Streamsong service will not be fixed IMO. Thank goodness they have fantastic golf or it would be a dud for sure. Out of place hotel, very poor quality service and amenities. Range and practice area are an afterthought. The reason I dont think that will be fixed is location. You just dont have the workforce options that some of these other resorts have, and the major areas (or any areas) are too far away to commute, and you get no sense that there is community pride like Bandon and Cabot, where locals are happy to work for a good boss and make a living. IMO because there is NO community remotely near of any consequence. I think the struggle is real to get decent employees, especially upper level management where the operational decisions are being made. Even if you could get somebody great, chances are after a few years of success they would be cherry picked by a resort near a decent area to live.

> @theredzone7 said:

> Appreciate all the insight. Living on the west coast and having already been to Bandon I have wanted to try out something new

the hotels aren't an issue from a "comfort" stand-point ... rooms are large, with a sitting area/tv completely separated from the bed area, which has its own tv as well ... not sure what the exact complaints are about the hotel, other than its "look" ... there is a spa, which has 4 or 5 different pools, one of which is ice cold ... pretty good to dip in that and then take in the heated ones or sauna ... courses are great, but probably not quite the level of 3 of the bandon courses ... or all of them, but ss isn't far behind ... food is typical over-priced resort food that isn't the equal of good, over-priced resort food ... expensive as hell in winter, cheap as hell in summer ...

and you just never know what headline activity/situation you're going to encounter in florida, so there's that ... https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/crazy-florida-headlines-2018

Some of the complaints make it seems like streamsong is a level b muni.

And it’s only been around since 2013 or so. Thanksgiving week and the two weeks after Christmas you can play there for $85 walking as a resident. They honestly don’t check if you are or not for those value conscious folks. The stay and play package is one of the best deals in golf.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

> @ssf301 said:

> I just finished my annual golf trip (25th year) and we went to Streamsong this year. We played two rounds each on the three courses there Red, Blue and Black.

>

> **The Bad:**

> Booking was not that easy. We had a large group and booked almost a year in advance and during that time we had (3) different people assigned to us. Everyone in my group was charged a different amount for a deposit and we had fits trying to figure out what was included and what wasn't. At the time we booked, Streamsong wasn't allowing booking companies like Golf Zoo, etc, so you had no choice but to work directly with the resort. My understanding is that has changed now so I would definitely use a booking company if you go there.

>

> You can't get there from here. We flew into Tampa and rented mini-vans and drove there. You drive into BFE and turn left. Seriously, I've not taken so many backroads to get to a high end course before. :) They have a shuttle service available, but it was a lot cheaper to rent minivans and then we had a little bit of flexibility (my group was flying in from all over the country).

>

> Food - the food wasn't bad, but it was not great for the high $$ paid. Further, service was extremely slow. We had 2 hours between rounds (primarily because we were the first 3 groups on the course each day and we played much quicker than they indicated it would take, right at 4 hours walking with caddies). It took 1.5 hours for lunch each day. We would have never made our 2nd rounds if we had not played our 1st rounds so quickly.

>

> **The Good:**

> The courses were extremely fun. Massively wide fairways with waste areas (primarily) out of the fairways that you could hit out of fairly easily. My group had handicaps from 3 to 12 and we had a couple guys that didn't lose a ball all week and most guys got through the week losing a sleeve or less. The courses had massive green complexes with a lot of break on the greens and a lot of bunkering. If you can manage to keep your 3-putts to a minimum (which isn't easy since you end up putting the ball from distances where you would have missed the green completely on most courses) you can really score well.

>

> All 3 courses were fun. Our group liked the Red and the Blue the best for the most part but some of the guys did like the Black the best. I thought the Black had a few greens that deserved a "clown's mouth" around the hole they were so bizarre including one green (8 or 9 I think) that was literally a bowl. I've never seen anything like that green before.

>

> There is a really fun 18 hole putting green at the Black course along with a par 3 course. You need to budget time for both if you go there.

>

> The facilities were very nice, pretty top notch all around.

>

> **Overall:**

> I would recommend the trip. Lot's of fun for the entire group regardless of golfer skill level. The ingredients are all there for this to be one of the top 2 or 3 golf trips in the US if they can get their act together on a few things. If their non-golf operations ran like Bandon Dunes (for example) this one would be a can't miss trip.

Top 2 or 3 in the US? I like Streamsong a lot, but I don't know if the combination of the resort and the courses would crack the top-3. Bandon, Pebble Beach, Pinehurst, Kohler, Sea Island, Kiawah- that is pretty tough competition. If Streamsong had a Bandon Trails-type high quality parkland course to go with the three dunesy courses it now has, plus a bit more on the non-golf amenities, then maybe.

> @LICC said:

> > @ssf301 said:

> > I just finished my annual golf trip (25th year) and we went to Streamsong this year. We played two rounds each on the three courses there Red, Blue and Black.

> >

> > **The Bad:**

> > Booking was not that easy. We had a large group and booked almost a year in advance and during that time we had (3) different people assigned to us. Everyone in my group was charged a different amount for a deposit and we had fits trying to figure out what was included and what wasn't. At the time we booked, Streamsong wasn't allowing booking companies like Golf Zoo, etc, so you had no choice but to work directly with the resort. My understanding is that has changed now so I would definitely use a booking company if you go there.

> >

> > You can't get there from here. We flew into Tampa and rented mini-vans and drove there. You drive into BFE and turn left. Seriously, I've not taken so many backroads to get to a high end course before. :) They have a shuttle service available, but it was a lot cheaper to rent minivans and then we had a little bit of flexibility (my group was flying in from all over the country).

> >

> > Food - the food wasn't bad, but it was not great for the high $$ paid. Further, service was extremely slow. We had 2 hours between rounds (primarily because we were the first 3 groups on the course each day and we played much quicker than they indicated it would take, right at 4 hours walking with caddies). It took 1.5 hours for lunch each day. We would have never made our 2nd rounds if we had not played our 1st rounds so quickly.

> >

> > **The Good:**

> > The courses were extremely fun. Massively wide fairways with waste areas (primarily) out of the fairways that you could hit out of fairly easily. My group had handicaps from 3 to 12 and we had a couple guys that didn't lose a ball all week and most guys got through the week losing a sleeve or less. The courses had massive green complexes with a lot of break on the greens and a lot of bunkering. If you can manage to keep your 3-putts to a minimum (which isn't easy since you end up putting the ball from distances where you would have missed the green completely on most courses) you can really score well.

> >

> > All 3 courses were fun. Our group liked the Red and the Blue the best for the most part but some of the guys did like the Black the best. I thought the Black had a few greens that deserved a "clown's mouth" around the hole they were so bizarre including one green (8 or 9 I think) that was literally a bowl. I've never seen anything like that green before.

> >

> > There is a really fun 18 hole putting green at the Black course along with a par 3 course. You need to budget time for both if you go there.

> >

> > The facilities were very nice, pretty top notch all around.

> >

> > **Overall:**

> > I would recommend the trip. Lot's of fun for the entire group regardless of golfer skill level. The ingredients are all there for this to be one of the top 2 or 3 golf trips in the US if they can get their act together on a few things. If their non-golf operations ran like Bandon Dunes (for example) this one would be a can't miss trip.

>

> Top 2 or 3 in the US? I like Streamsong a lot, but I don't know if the combination of the resort and the courses would crack the top-3. Bandon, Pebble Beach, Pinehurst, Kohler, Sea Island, Kiawah- that is pretty tough competition. If Streamsong had a Bandon Trails-type high quality parkland course to go with the three dunesy courses it now has, plus a bit more on the non-golf amenities, then maybe.

I'd put it above Kiawah and Sea Island. Bandon, Pebble, Pinehurst, Kohler then Streamsong. While The Ocean course the best, Red Black and Blue are all far superior to anything else Kiawah has to offer. Streamsong is adding another course which will make it even better. Sand Valley will crack that list when it gets a 3rd course.

> @mci711 said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @ssf301 said:

> > > I just finished my annual golf trip (25th year) and we went to Streamsong this year. We played two rounds each on the three courses there Red, Blue and Black.

> > >

> > > **The Bad:**

> > > Booking was not that easy. We had a large group and booked almost a year in advance and during that time we had (3) different people assigned to us. Everyone in my group was charged a different amount for a deposit and we had fits trying to figure out what was included and what wasn't. At the time we booked, Streamsong wasn't allowing booking companies like Golf Zoo, etc, so you had no choice but to work directly with the resort. My understanding is that has changed now so I would definitely use a booking company if you go there.

> > >

> > > You can't get there from here. We flew into Tampa and rented mini-vans and drove there. You drive into BFE and turn left. Seriously, I've not taken so many backroads to get to a high end course before. :) They have a shuttle service available, but it was a lot cheaper to rent minivans and then we had a little bit of flexibility (my group was flying in from all over the country).

> > >

> > > Food - the food wasn't bad, but it was not great for the high $$ paid. Further, service was extremely slow. We had 2 hours between rounds (primarily because we were the first 3 groups on the course each day and we played much quicker than they indicated it would take, right at 4 hours walking with caddies). It took 1.5 hours for lunch each day. We would have never made our 2nd rounds if we had not played our 1st rounds so quickly.

> > >

> > > **The Good:**

> > > The courses were extremely fun. Massively wide fairways with waste areas (primarily) out of the fairways that you could hit out of fairly easily. My group had handicaps from 3 to 12 and we had a couple guys that didn't lose a ball all week and most guys got through the week losing a sleeve or less. The courses had massive green complexes with a lot of break on the greens and a lot of bunkering. If you can manage to keep your 3-putts to a minimum (which isn't easy since you end up putting the ball from distances where you would have missed the green completely on most courses) you can really score well.

> > >

> > > All 3 courses were fun. Our group liked the Red and the Blue the best for the most part but some of the guys did like the Black the best. I thought the Black had a few greens that deserved a "clown's mouth" around the hole they were so bizarre including one green (8 or 9 I think) that was literally a bowl. I've never seen anything like that green before.

> > >

> > > There is a really fun 18 hole putting green at the Black course along with a par 3 course. You need to budget time for both if you go there.

> > >

> > > The facilities were very nice, pretty top notch all around.

> > >

> > > **Overall:**

> > > I would recommend the trip. Lot's of fun for the entire group regardless of golfer skill level. The ingredients are all there for this to be one of the top 2 or 3 golf trips in the US if they can get their act together on a few things. If their non-golf operations ran like Bandon Dunes (for example) this one would be a can't miss trip.

> >

> > Top 2 or 3 in the US? I like Streamsong a lot, but I don't know if the combination of the resort and the courses would crack the top-3. Bandon, Pebble Beach, Pinehurst, Kohler, Sea Island, Kiawah- that is pretty tough competition. If Streamsong had a Bandon Trails-type high quality parkland course to go with the three dunesy courses it now has, plus a bit more on the non-golf amenities, then maybe.

>

> I'd put it above Kiawah and Sea Island. Bandon, Pebble, Pinehurst, Kohler then Streamsong. While The Ocean course the best, Red Black and Blue are all far superior to anything else Kiawah has to offer. Streamsong is adding another course which will make it even better. Sand Valley will crack that list when it gets a 3rd course.

Have you been to Sea Island? The resort and amenities are far superior to Streamsong. As for the courses, the Seaside course is excellent and as good or better than any of the courses at Streamsong. I'm interested to see how the renovation of the Plantation course turned out.

Headed down for my third trip. Its a great golf trip and I put it up there with Kohler, Pinehurst or even Pebble. Now the courses don't have the #2 or Pebble like history - but they are fun and challenging courses to play and have great shot value. I can't compare to Bandon or Sand Hills because I haven't been there. Its a great 3 day golf trip. Stay 3 days - play all 3. Hey and usually the weather is better as long as you don't get a hurricane! This is the best time of year to go and play. November through Xmas. And travel is pretty easy. Can't wait to see what the new courses will be.

Has anyone stayed offsite and played daily at Streamsong?

I'm thinking Sun City or similar.

Reason I ask is that I scoped out playing in May and a room at the clubhouse was listed at $425/night.

Seems excessive to pay for golf and caddy after that. Looking at a total of about $800.00 a day for accommodation and golf with car and meals, tips, etc.

Edit was to add last 2 lines.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

> @tiderider said:

> all resort food is over-priced ... the food at the clubhouses was decent enough, and not too over-priced ... food doesn't play into it for me, personally, esp on a guy's trip ... burgers and wings ... you can play as a non-resort guest for $125 a round from june 1st to the end of august ... that's a steal for those courses ...

Central FL from June 1 to Aug 31 is almost uninhabitable. So, $125 isn't a steal.