2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New I500/I510?

They was released with the i210 and if they retain the 18 months cycle will be out Jan 2020 ish. I had a fitting for Mizuno HMB but trying my best to hang on to see what Ping have to offer with the next i range of irons. Gone from Ping G400 to i10 this year and ball striking has improved with much better ball contact. Anyone got any idea what’s in the pipeline.

> @shepster said:

> They was released with the i210 and if they retain the 18 months cycle will be out Jan 2020 ish. I had a fitting for Mizuno HMB but trying my best to hang on to see what Ping have to offer with the next i range of irons. Gone from Ping G400 to i10 this year and ball striking has improved with much better ball contact. Anyone got any idea what’s in the pipeline.

How where the HMB compared to the I500?

I'm hoping the i500's were not a one & done. I liked the look of them more than any other Ping iron in recent years but the feel isn't the best or the sound. If I decide to switch out my other gamer irons & play the i500's I also switch to a Bridgestone E12 soft ball. Helps the feel/sound a little. If Ping makes a follow up to the i500's I hope they put something into those hollow irons to help with that issue.

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

There were some comments a while back that seemed to suggest the i500 might be dead, and that the next hollow-body iron (G710 or whatever you want to call it) would be more of a progressive set. No idea if this is true or not, but with the Crossovers slimmed down it would probably work OK when designing for the masses/average. I too am waiting to see what the next i500/G700 looks like before buying new irons.

> @"mad matt" said:

> > @shepster said:

> > They was released with the i210 and if they retain the 18 months cycle will be out Jan 2020 ish. I had a fitting for Mizuno HMB but trying my best to hang on to see what Ping have to offer with the next i range of irons. Gone from Ping G400 to i10 this year and ball striking has improved with much better ball contact. Anyone got any idea what’s in the pipeline.

>

> How where the HMB compared to the I500?

The HMB feel much better than i500. One of my playing partners has i500 and they sound terrible on mishits and like a hybrid on a solid strike. The HMB PW & 9 iron look nice at address, then they get slightly chunky which is ok in 5 & 6 but a bit off putting on 7 &8 for me. The ping i10s I have at the moment have nice small heads which I like but I would prefer i210 / i500 size shape for a bit bigger sweetspot while still having good control. I definitely want a 45 / 46 deg PW otherwise the wedge gapping gets silly.

I'd love for them to keep the i500 line around, I think they're fantastic irons. Coming from a GI set of irons to these, my scores improved notably just from being able to not hit draws all the time (even though these irons are very low spin/straight in general). The feel and sound leave a bit to be desired, but they're on par or better than the G25s I played for 6+ years.

• Like 1
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

Just ordered a set of i500s. Really wanted HMBs but my numbers were clearly better with the Pings. Still hope 510s come out in the spring with better sound/feel. Only downside for me on what is a great looking and performing club.

Titleist TSi2 - Ventus Blue 
Titleist TSi2 3 Wood - Tensei White
Cobra F7 5/6 - UST Chrome
Ping G20 23
Ping i500 5-GW
Vokey SM8 54D & 58K 
Custom Bobby Grace

if theres one thing about the i500 that is to be desired, and it is in my opinion, the ONLY strong suit of this club, is the height and distance of the longer irons (3-6). There is absolutely no denying the i500 can straight up launch a ball like nobodys business.

If you can get over the sound and feel of even the slightest mishit, and all you want is height and carry, this club will go toe to toe with even the best driving irons out there.

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

Word on the street is i210 replacement coming very soon. I don’t know if that means Jan or sooner. But I’d say by Jan we will know. Grapevine didn’t know anything on i500 yet.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> Word on the street is i210 replacement coming very soon. I don’t know if that means Jan or sooner. But I’d say by Jan we will know. Grapevine didn’t know anything on i500 yet.

Can't wait to see this i220 or whatever they call the next version of the i210. Probably the only thing that's kept me from recently buying new irons.

> @jwb10 said:

> I-210 not being replaced yet. I-510 will only come in black and will have foam to get better feel; coming soon, already being shone to customers

Thanks for the info. Not sure if I'm gonna be a fan of the i510 being black. Never like the way black irons show wear so quickly. I will reserve judgement on their appearance until I see some actual pics.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

> @jwb10 said:

> I-210 not being replaced yet. I-510 will only come in black and will have foam to get better feel; coming soon, already being shone to customers

That’s actually not true. What is being shown right now is the g700 replacement that comes in black. Yes it does have foam for feel. Correct info wrong head replacement

• Like 2

> @JohnKHawk said:

> > @jwb10 said:

> > I-210 not being replaced yet. I-510 will only come in black and will have foam to get better feel; coming soon, already being shone to customers

>

> Thanks for the info. Not sure if I'm gonna be a fan of the i510 being black. Never like the way black irons show wear so quickly. I will reserve judgement on their appearance until I see some actual pics.

If it's Ping, the finish does not wear. I have a set of Glide 2.0 Stealth in backup and have had them for 2 full seasons and they look miles better than a set of New Level irons I've got and much, much better than most other dark finish irons I had seen in the past. Ping's finishes are usually on point.

MGFA --- Making Golf Fun Again

Paradym 9* - Accra TZFive 60

Paradym 15* - Accra TZFive 70

Paradym Triple Diamond 18* - Accra TZFive 70

Cobra Tec 21* and 25* - MMT 80

Ping i525 6-UW - Modus 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* Mid and 58* Low+ - DG Tour Issue Spinner

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

> @mrmikeac said:

> Swear to God if Ping goes hollow with the i210’s I’m quitting golf forever. So over this hollow craze, irons feel like hitting R2-D2 with a can of ravioli

I think the likelihood of the i Series straying from an open CB with lots of offset in the long irons is nil. Its probably one of their most important lines and the spiritual successor to Eye2's.

> @WristySwing said:

> > @JohnKHawk said:

> > > @jwb10 said:

> > > I-210 not being replaced yet. I-510 will only come in black and will have foam to get better feel; coming soon, already being shone to customers

> >

> > Thanks for the info. Not sure if I'm gonna be a fan of the i510 being black. Never like the way black irons show wear so quickly. I will reserve judgement on their appearance until I see some actual pics.

>

> If it's Ping, the finish does not wear. I have a set of Glide 2.0 Stealth in backup and have had them for 2 full seasons and they look miles better than a set of New Level irons I've got and much, much better than most other dark finish irons I had seen in the past. Ping's finishes are usually on point.

The current hydro/matte coating on the G700 is crap. It scratches and scuffs easy. They wear shows almost instantly.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @WristySwing said:

> > > @JohnKHawk said:

> > > > @jwb10 said:

> > > > I-210 not being replaced yet. I-510 will only come in black and will have foam to get better feel; coming soon, already being shone to customers

> > >

> > > Thanks for the info. Not sure if I'm gonna be a fan of the i510 being black. Never like the way black irons show wear so quickly. I will reserve judgement on their appearance until I see some actual pics.

> >

> > If it's Ping, the finish does not wear. I have a set of Glide 2.0 Stealth in backup and have had them for 2 full seasons and they look miles better than a set of New Level irons I've got and much, much better than most other dark finish irons I had seen in the past. Ping's finishes are usually on point.

>

> The current hydro/matte coating on the G700 is crap. It scratches and scuffs easy. They wear shows almost instantly.

I can confirm this. I had a set of i210’s for 2 weeks and sold them because I couldn’t handle all the damage the clubs were taking over minor chatter, the 2018/2019 hydro pearl finish is complete garbage

• Like 1

> @mrmikeac said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @WristySwing said:

> > > > @JohnKHawk said:

> > > > > @jwb10 said:

> > > > > I-210 not being replaced yet. I-510 will only come in black and will have foam to get better feel; coming soon, already being shone to customers

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the info. Not sure if I'm gonna be a fan of the i510 being black. Never like the way black irons show wear so quickly. I will reserve judgement on their appearance until I see some actual pics.

> > >

> > > If it's Ping, the finish does not wear. I have a set of Glide 2.0 Stealth in backup and have had them for 2 full seasons and they look miles better than a set of New Level irons I've got and much, much better than most other dark finish irons I had seen in the past. Ping's finishes are usually on point.

> >

> > The current hydro/matte coating on the G700 is crap. It scratches and scuffs easy. They wear shows almost instantly.

>

> I can confirm this. I had a set of i210’s for 2 weeks and sold them because I couldn’t handle all the damage the clubs were taking over minor chatter, the 2018/2019 hydro pearl finish is complete garbage

They show wear before they are even sold.

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

@mrmikeac @QuigleyDU I am talking about the black finish. The hydropearl is atrocious, hence the "usually on point" statement. I wish they kept the guysian finish but the new finish has almost no reduction in spin in wet conditions which is why they are running with it.

MGFA --- Making Golf Fun Again

Paradym 9* - Accra TZFive 60

Paradym 15* - Accra TZFive 70

Paradym Triple Diamond 18* - Accra TZFive 70

Cobra Tec 21* and 25* - MMT 80

Ping i525 6-UW - Modus 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* Mid and 58* Low+ - DG Tour Issue Spinner

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

> @WristySwing said:

> @mrmikeac @QuigleyDU I am talking about the black finish. The hydropearl is atrocious, hence the "usually on point" statement. I wish they kept the guysian finish but the new finish has almost no reduction in spin in wet conditions which is why they are running with it.

gotcha. no reduction in spin till it wears off after three rounds.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @jwb10 said:

> I've been paying the 210s for 60+ rounds, no problem with the finish. What are you guys hittin' rocks ?

Glad to hear! Ping probably fixed the issue, when I contacted them about the finish they told me they were working on a solution, so yes I believe that you haven’t had any issues but trust me when I say, I can assure you I was not the only one with this problem at the time of the i210’s release, there’s an entire forum thread on this issue if you look it up, numerous people had issues with the hydropearl 2.0 finish as well as cracked faces in the i500 irons. I might still have photos of the wear and tear on the irons, and that was just from minor bag chatter.

• Like 1