Callaway SUPER!! Hybrid review

QuigleyDU

> @JohnKHawk said:

> > @golfinguru11 said:

> > I also highly doubt this gets into any tour bag.

>

> I think it's aimed at guys who would like to hit their hybrids nearly the same distance as their fairway with possibly more accuracy. There's also a growing segment of golfers who just don't care for hitting fairway woods. This club may also be aimed at those people as well. As far as not getting into any tour bags? I'm not someone who worries about what touring pro's put in their bag. I use what works best for me. I will definitely will give this an hard look to see how well it works for me.

I kinda feel like it is aimed at the guys that like the mini driver or original one driver.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @JohnKHawk said:

> > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > I also highly doubt this gets into any tour bag.

> >

> > I think it's aimed at guys who would like to hit their hybrids nearly the same distance as their fairway with possibly more accuracy. There's also a growing segment of golfers who just don't care for hitting fairway woods. This club may also be aimed at those people as well. As far as not getting into any tour bags? I'm not someone who worries about what touring pro's put in their bag. I use what works best for me. I will definitely will give this an hard look to see how well it works for me.

>

> I kinda feel like it is aimed at the guys that like the mini driver or original one driver.

Yes - I agree. I just thinks it's great to have options. Can't wait to try it.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

> @cricgolf said:

> > @radiman said:

> > > @cricgolf said:

> > > Meh !

> > > Put it up against my 917 F2 4 wood on the launch monitor. The 17 degree 4 wood was 15 yards longer.

> > > Didn’t like the heavy shaft either.

> >

> > I mean it is a hybrid and not a fairway wood. If a guy wants max distance and has no problem hitting a fairway wood well, I don't think this is the club for them. I'm assuming the goal is to get near fw distance in an easier to launch and straighter package.

>

> If you saw the Hocknell interview, he claims 5 wood distances with accuracy. Just my subjective experience , I got neither. I didn't care if I didn't max distance either, it wasn't all that accurate for me. Also the shaft is fairly long for a hybrid, "getting stuck" could be an issue.

No club will have better accuracy on its own they are saying that because it's 1" shorter than the 5 wood. Shorter means more control for most. With that said, the Super hybrid comes down to whether or not you like the look.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Feels like they JUST released the epic flash hybrids. Epic flash is one degree flatter in the 3H length but 2 degrees stronger loft. Am I correct in that you can’t flatten the lie angle with Callaway’s adapter and only make it more upright? I generally find for me that it’s the upright lie angle that makes hybrids go left for me which here would mean the super hybrid may go left. Based on lie specs, I think the epic flash may be the better fit. Never know until you hit it, I guess, but due to the lie angle, probably not going to make my usual golfwrx impulse buy on this one even though the idea of the club sounds like it’s what a want.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

There is no way the stock shaft is the PRO tensei Orange bc Tensei Orange is one of the stiffest shafts out there........would not fit enough of general public given the stout profile. It is probably a made for CAllaway mid launch orange much like the driver shaft non pro orange that is mid launch. But Callaway does need to make this clear.......It would not make any sense for stock shaft to be a real deal stiff as hell orange

> @brentkrug said:

> There is no way the stock shaft is the PRO tensei Orange bc Tensei Orange is one of the stiffest shafts out there........would not fit enough of general public given the stout profile. It is probably a made for CAllaway mid launch orange much like the driver shaft non pro orange that is mid launch. But Callaway does need to make this clear.......It would not make any sense for stock shaft to be a real deal stiff as **** orange

It has been confirmed it is the real deal. As far as targeting the general public. I do not think this is a mass target release. This is more targeted and niche.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Tensei pro hybrid shafts are great, however they do not have boron or MR70 in the tips like the more expensive wood versions. The after market ‘pro’ versions of the hybrid shafts are barely different materials-wise (yes, stiffer and more stable profile-wise) compared to the stock Tensei’s in a lot of stock offerings. The Tensei line is also made in China and not Japan like most of Mitsubishi’s more expensive shafts. These factors probably mean these shafts cost less to produce, so it very well could be the real thing.

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @brentkrug said:

> > There is no way the stock shaft is the PRO tensei Orange bc Tensei Orange is one of the stiffest shafts out there........would not fit enough of general public given the stout profile. It is probably a made for CAllaway mid launch orange much like the driver shaft non pro orange that is mid launch. But Callaway does need to make this clear.......It would not make any sense for stock shaft to be a real deal stiff as **** orange

>

> It has been confirmed it is the real deal. As far as targeting the general public. I do not think this is a mass target release. This is more targeted and niche.

Quig, what’s your driver SS? If you don’t mind me asking. Just trying to figure out where a hybrid that’s so long fits in the bag.

> @Bebsport678 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @brentkrug said:

> > > There is no way the stock shaft is the PRO tensei Orange bc Tensei Orange is one of the stiffest shafts out there........would not fit enough of general public given the stout profile. It is probably a made for CAllaway mid launch orange much like the driver shaft non pro orange that is mid launch. But Callaway does need to make this clear.......It would not make any sense for stock shaft to be a real deal stiff as **** orange

> >

> > It has been confirmed it is the real deal. As far as targeting the general public. I do not think this is a mass target release. This is more targeted and niche.

>

> Quig, what’s your driver SS? If you don’t mind me asking. Just trying to figure out where a hybrid that’s so long fits in the bag.

around 123-125. For me, if I was to play this. I would go driver than the 17 super, than my utility iron. I would not have a 3 wood in the bag.

• Like 3

BALL; Chrome Soft X

There was an interview of Callaway guy on SiriusXM PGATour Golf yesterday about the SuperHybrid. Wish I payed more attention to it. I remember the guy saying, this was commissioned as a personal project request from the CEO of Callaway (so it wasn't borne out of R&D's minds), that he requested can you do something that makes a hybrid more hittable, like an inbetweener of Fairway/Hybrid club?...but then the R&D guys took over and started playing with the idea.... it ended up so good, it's made it to the shelves.

GHIN Index 12.9
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 (Light)
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-AW, Recoil Dart 75 F3
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

Chip Brewer, the CEO used to be at the helm of Adams Golf before TaylorMade bought them and let the company die on the vine. Adams was the one that came out with the XTD Super hybrid that had a Ti face as well.

Along with a real deal Fubuki hybrid shaft. Wasn't the prettiest club in matte silver with a big old slot in the crown, but it was pretty hot. When everyone was making clubs with slots in the crown or sole, or both, Callaway introduced technology that remained under the hood in the cup face with the internal standing wave in the X Hot line. So I'm not surprised to see Callaway redo the Super Hybrid with all new tech.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9* (N/+1) GD Tour AD DI 5/ Epic Speed 9* (N/+1) Ventus Red VeloCore 5
Callaway Epic Speed 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65 

Callaway Epic Max 18* 5wd Fubuki Ax f75  
Callaway Rogue ST Pro hybrid 23* KBS Prototype 75 or Apex UT 24* KBS Prototype 85
Callaway Mavrik Pro KBS TGI 6-PW 
Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50*/10* 
Callaway Jaws Raw 54*/10*S & 58*/8*Z grind 
Odyssey Two Ball Ten Tour Lined Limited Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Flatso 1.0 or

Odyssey 5k Tri Hot #2 Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Pistol Tour

Very interesting!

Got my attention....

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Bebsport678 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @brentkrug said:

> > > > There is no way the stock shaft is the PRO tensei Orange bc Tensei Orange is one of the stiffest shafts out there........would not fit enough of general public given the stout profile. It is probably a made for CAllaway mid launch orange much like the driver shaft non pro orange that is mid launch. But Callaway does need to make this clear.......It would not make any sense for stock shaft to be a real deal stiff as **** orange

> > >

> > > It has been confirmed it is the real deal. As far as targeting the general public. I do not think this is a mass target release. This is more targeted and niche.

> >

> > Quig, what’s your driver SS? If you don’t mind me asking. Just trying to figure out where a hybrid that’s so long fits in the bag.

>

> around 123-125. For me, if I was to play this. I would go driver than the 17 super, than my utility iron. I would not have a 3 wood in the bag.

Oh interesting so this would replace your 3 wood essentially. I didn’t even realize that was the purpose of these super hybrids but I guess it makes sense

> @Micrys2 said:

> I have a question.....how big is the head? I use hybrid off the tee and out of fairly deep rough. Am concerned about the deeper rough part.

I think this head is getting on the big side for hitting it cleanly out of the rough. Not impossible though I guess it all depends on the lie.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @jgolf215 said:

> Chip Brewer, the CEO used to be at the helm of Adams Golf before TaylorMade bought them and let the company die on the vine. Adams was the one that came out with the XTD Super hybrid that had a Ti face as well.

> Along with a real deal Fubuki hybrid shaft. Wasn't the prettiest club in matte silver with a big old slot in the crown, but it was pretty hot. When everyone was making clubs with slots in the crown or sole, or both, Callaway introduced technology that remained under the hood in the cup face with the internal standing wave in the X Hot line. So I'm not surprised to see Callaway redo the Super Hybrid with all new tech.

I still hit a Super LS hybrid most of the time. It's silly long. I hit a 4H instead of a 3H to fill a gap, it's so long. Goes high too.

• Like 1

> @brentkrug said:

> There is no way the stock shaft is the PRO tensei Orange bc Tensei Orange is one of the stiffest shafts out there........would not fit enough of general public given the stout profile. It is probably a made for CAllaway mid launch orange much like the driver shaft non pro orange that is mid launch. But Callaway does need to make this clear.......It would not make any sense for stock shaft to be a real deal stiff as **** orange

Not close. I play it in a 70TX in my driver and it’s nowhere near the stiffest shaft I’ve owned. Quite smooth actually.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @brentkrug said:

> > There is no way the stock shaft is the PRO tensei Orange bc Tensei Orange is one of the stiffest shafts out there........would not fit enough of general public given the stout profile. It is probably a made for CAllaway mid launch orange much like the driver shaft non pro orange that is mid launch. But Callaway does need to make this clear.......It would not make any sense for stock shaft to be a real deal stiff as **** orange

>

>

> Not close. I play it in a 70TX in my driver and it’s nowhere near the stiffest shaft I’ve owned. Quite smooth actually.

Agreed, PO is smooth, but gets tougher to control with a more aggressive transition, thought the EF T1100 white was more stout .

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

> @MitchellGolfing said:

> I apparently need to work out a little more.

we all do lol

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Surprised at the lack of video reviews. I haven't seen any from the usual guys that do them. Just seems strange to me.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

Just saw in person. Looks great imo. But...does look upright to me at address and I do know that it is 2 degrees more upright than my current hybrid at the same length. Likely a deal breaker for me. I suppose if it truly is super long, I could cut it down and add some head weight and the lie wouldn’t be as much of an issue.

• Like 1

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

> @halfsumo said:

> Just saw in person. Looks great imo. But...does look upright to me at address and I do know that it is 2 degrees more upright than my current hybrid at the same length. Likely a deal breaker for me. I suppose if it truly is super long, I could cut it down and add some head weight and the lie wouldn’t be as much of an issue.

I would say ignore the numbers and hit it. I was surprised how unhook bias it is.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @halfsumo said:

> Just saw in person. Looks great imo. But...does look upright to me at address and I do know that it is 2 degrees more upright than my current hybrid at the same length. Likely a deal breaker for me. I suppose if it truly is super long, I could cut it down and add some head weight and the lie wouldn’t be as much of an issue.

Which hybrid are you playing at that length 2* flatter?

> @keyser said:

> > @halfsumo said:

> > Just saw in person. Looks great imo. But...does look upright to me at address and I do know that it is 2 degrees more upright than my current hybrid at the same length. Likely a deal breaker for me. I suppose if it truly is super long, I could cut it down and add some head weight and the lie wouldn’t be as much of an issue.

>

> Which hybrid are you playing at that length 2* flatter?

Titleist 918 H1 is 57.5 degrees at 40.5" and I have it dialed down .75 degrees so I guess it is 1.25 degrees flatter than the Super Hybrid which is 58 at 40.5".

I will definitely hit the Super and see how it goes because I really like the look. I hit the epic flash hybrid great, and I gravitate toward the bigger hybrids.

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

> @brentkrug said:

It has already been confirmed but just to check I called my local rep who again confirmed that yes it is the real deal pro orange shaft. Hence the price. It is aimed at a different segment of the market and all of the Callaway guys are super excited about it. My rep told me point blank "go buy one, like today" and he's always been a straight shooter with me

> @tcutshaw1723 said:

> > @brentkrug said:

>

> It has already been confirmed but just to check I called my local rep who again confirmed that yes it is the real deal pro orange shaft. Hence the price. It is aimed at a different segment of the market and all of the Callaway guys are super excited about it. My rep told me point blank "go buy one, like today" and he's always been a straight shooter with me

Is he going to foot part of the bill?

BALL; Chrome Soft X