2020 Rookie of the Year Race

18majors

> @18majors said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > New Update: Bianca's last event as an amateur will be the Southeast Asian Games this november... she will turn pro after that, no more ANWA (which, even if it was her dream to play in Augusta, turning pro as soon as possible is a more strategic and intelligent move, in my view). At this point, based on 18majors' category 14 technicalities, I think she needs to cash in and join in as many as she can as early as possible, so this is a good decision for her... Will update you guys once I get to know which one will be her first LPGA event :)

>

> Bravo, this's the right thing to do!

> One thing Yealimi Noh did right was to turn down UCLA and turned pro immediately; she'd the clarity of mind to overcome her early season stumbles.

> The first full field 2020 event is the inaugural Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio will be held Jan. 20-26 in Boca Raton. Unfortunately it'll be an 108 field, not the more common 144 field.

> Hopefully Bianca get a spot but she should Monday qualify if not.

Do all Category 14 players have the option to try Monday qualifying if they're not in the field (in all events)? in an 108 field, do the top 20 in QSchool automatically get entry too? I guess it's top 80 plus symetra top 10 then top 20 = 108 more or less?

> @agolf1 said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> > > New Update: Bianca's last event as an amateur will be the Southeast Asian Games this november... she will turn pro after that, no more ANWA (which, even if it was her dream to play in Augusta, turning pro as soon as possible is a more strategic and intelligent move, in my view). At this point, based on 18majors' category 14 technicalities, I think she needs to cash in and join in as many as she can as early as possible, so this is a good decision for her... Will update you guys once I get to know which one will be her first LPGA event :)

> >

> > Bravo, this's the right thing to do!

> > One thing Yealimi Noh did right was to turn down UCLA and turned pro immediately; she'd the clarity of mind to overcome her early season stumbles.

> > The first full field 2020 event is the inaugural Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio will be held Jan. 20-26 in Boca Raton. Unfortunately it'll be an 108 field, not the more common 144 field.

> > Hopefully Bianca get a spot but she should Monday qualify if not.

> I also think playing the full year as a pro is the right thing to do. However, there may not be that many opportunities to play before ANWA outside of Monday qualifier? If the schedule is similar to last year, probably the two events in Australia, and then maybe Bank of Hope Founders or Kia (although these two seem fairly popular and given that they are at the start of the U.S. year a lot of people play so I'm not sure how far down the list spots will be available --- I guess it also depends on how many spots on the priority list are taken up outside of Top 80, 81-100, Symetra Top 10). I wonder if being from Philippines will get her a sponsor exemption into Thailand or Singapore or if the name/draw still needs to be built up a bit (Muni played last year, although this was likely more the IMG connection)? Of course, any money won here wouldn't count for status.

Bianca has little luck for Gainbridge other than Monday qualification. Heck, Yealimi Noh may have to pick up her specialty and Monday qualifies too.

The Australian events have large fields of 156; but the field is divided between LPGA and Australian LPGA (ALPG). It's the biggest events for ALPG members and they bite on to it like pit bulls.

Many LET members have duel ALPG memberships, and they all fight tooth and nail to get on those two events.

Kristen Gillman finished #14 from 2018 Q-Series, but she's originally scheduled to Monday qualify for Vic Open. She eventually got off Monday list because of many late cancellations.

Bianca needs to plan for Monday qualifications and physically go to Australia; she may luck out because of late cancellations by LPGA members.

> @Newinup said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> > > New Update: Bianca's last event as an amateur will be the Southeast Asian Games this november... she will turn pro after that, no more ANWA (which, even if it was her dream to play in Augusta, turning pro as soon as possible is a more strategic and intelligent move, in my view). At this point, based on 18majors' category 14 technicalities, I think she needs to cash in and join in as many as she can as early as possible, so this is a good decision for her... Will update you guys once I get to know which one will be her first LPGA event :)

> >

> > One thing Yealimi Noh did right was to turn down UCLA and turned pro immediately; she'd the clarity of mind to overcome her early season stumbles.

> > The first full field 2020 event is the inaugural Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio will be held Jan. 20-26 in Boca Raton. Unfortunately it'll be an 108 field, not the more common 144 field.

>

> Do all Category 14 players have the option to try Monday qualifying if they're not in the field (in all events)? in an 108 field, do the top 20 in QSchool automatically get entry too? I guess it's top 80 plus symetra top 10 then top 20 = 108 more or less?

The big categories are, in order

Top 80

Symetra top 10

81 - 100

Q-Series

101 -125

A field of 108 can easily be filled with none from Q-Series

Here’s a 2019 priority list before any reshuffle

https://www.lpga.com/-/media/files/priority-list/2019/2019_lpga_priority-list_-final_ocs_031519_update_03_15_19.pdf

Here’s one from after the first reshuffle

https://www.lpga.com/-/media/files/priority-list/2019/2019lpgapriority-list-finalocsreshuffle052719.pdf?la=en&hash=B5CFAA338F391078839B839CCAAF59399B9C745E

> @Newinup said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> >

>

> Do all Category 14 players have the option to try Monday qualifying if they're not in the field (in all events)? in an 108 field, do the top 20 in QSchool automatically get entry too? I guess it's top 80 plus symetra top 10 then top 20 = 108 more or less?

Yes, Monday qualification has priority list too; and LPGA members have the highest priority.

Muni He, Q-Series medalist, will have a priority around #122, therefore Bianca will be around #162. Muni has no problems for a full field of 144, but not for 108.

A field of 108 means an actual field of 102-103 ( 2 Monday qualifiers, 2 sponsor invites and miscellaneous).

Muni will need twenty (20) higher priority players not to sign up to gain automatic entry.

Many of Top-80 players are Asian and European players, they won't sign up to play just one event in Florida. But, there'll be 37-38 who'll be already in Florida the week before for Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions.

Therefore, I expect Muni to get an automatic entry but not too many from this year's Q-Series qualifiers.

> @18majors said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > > @Newinup said:

> > > > New Update: Bianca's last event as an amateur will be the Southeast Asian Games this november... she will turn pro after that, no more ANWA (which, even if it was her dream to play in Augusta, turning pro as soon as possible is a more strategic and intelligent move, in my view). At this point, based on 18majors' category 14 technicalities, I think she needs to cash in and join in as many as she can as early as possible, so this is a good decision for her... Will update you guys once I get to know which one will be her first LPGA event :)

> > >

> > > Bravo, this's the right thing to do!

> > > One thing Yealimi Noh did right was to turn down UCLA and turned pro immediately; she'd the clarity of mind to overcome her early season stumbles.

> > > The first full field 2020 event is the inaugural Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio will be held Jan. 20-26 in Boca Raton. Unfortunately it'll be an 108 field, not the more common 144 field.

> > > Hopefully Bianca get a spot but she should Monday qualify if not.

> > I also think playing the full year as a pro is the right thing to do. However, there may not be that many opportunities to play before ANWA outside of Monday qualifier? If the schedule is similar to last year, probably the two events in Australia, and then maybe Bank of Hope Founders or Kia (although these two seem fairly popular and given that they are at the start of the U.S. year a lot of people play so I'm not sure how far down the list spots will be available --- I guess it also depends on how many spots on the priority list are taken up outside of Top 80, 81-100, Symetra Top 10). I wonder if being from Philippines will get her a sponsor exemption into Thailand or Singapore or if the name/draw still needs to be built up a bit (Muni played last year, although this was likely more the IMG connection)? Of course, any money won here wouldn't count for status.

>

> Bianca has little luck for Gainbridge other than Monday qualification. Heck, Yealimi Noh may have to pick up her specialty and Monday qualifies too.

> The Australian events have large fields of 156; but the field is divided between LPGA and Australian LPGA (ALPG). It's the biggest events for ALPG members and they bite on to it like pit bulls.

> Many LET members have duel ALPG memberships, and they all fight tooth and nail to get on those two events.

> Kristen Gillman finished #14 from 2018 Q-Series, but she's originally scheduled to Monday qualify for Vic Open. She eventually got off Monday list because of many late cancellations.

> Bianca needs to plan for Monday qualifications and physically go to Australia; she may luck out because of late LPGA cancellations.

>

>

>

I'm sure Bianca will be in the Philippines in November... so maybe Australia isn't actually that bad a flight -- around 8-10 hrs depending on where in Aussie... eg Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, etc... I just realized now how difficult it is to "Crack the field"... then again, it's also so easy for you to "fall out of top 80"... so it goes both ways... really will show how good/lucky or not/unlucky you are...

> @Newinup said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> >

>

Monday qualifying appears to be generally open to anyone paying the fee ... but maybe the rules have been tightened up.

A nice and lengthy article on Bianca Pagdanganon:

Bianca Pagdanganan is new Philippine torchbearer in LPGA

[https://spin.ph/golf/bianca-pagdanganan-is-new-philippine-torch-bearer-in-lpga-a2380-20191106](https://www.spin.ph/golf/bianca-pagdanganan-is-new-philippine-torch-bearer-in-lpga-a2380-20191106 "https://spin.ph/golf/bianca-pagdanganan-is-new-philippine-torch-bearer-in-lpga-a2380-20191106")

Now that Yealimi, Bianca and Yuka won’t be able to win the award simultaneously I am curious as well. Bianca hasn’t shown that she’s ready in my opinion to have 3-4 great results in a year like most rookies do. Not saying she is going to be terrible. I think she’ll be in the top 100 for sure but barely.

Yealimi seems more ready to have a good week and I will say this, she did take the step-up route albeit accelerated. She knows what it’s like to win on lower level tours, earn her spot in fields. She seems the most poised to win the award buuuut.

Someone like Haley Moore could come out of “nowhere” and win. Other players have little pressure and have time to build starting now. Yealimi and a couple others are expected to start challenging for titles off the bat.

> @fredogolfer said:

> Now that Yealimi, Bianca and Yuka won’t be able to win the award simultaneously I am curious as well. Bianca hasn’t shown that she’s ready in my opinion to have 3-4 great results in a year like most rookies do. Not saying she is going to be terrible. I think she’ll be in the top 100 for sure but barely.

>

> Yealimi seems more ready to have a good week and I will say this, she did take the step-up route albeit accelerated. She knows what it’s like to win on lower level tours, earn her spot in fields. She seems the most poised to win the award buuuut.

>

> Someone like Haley Moore could come out of “nowhere” and win. Other players have little pressure and have time to build starting now. Yealimi and a couple others are expected to start challenging for titles off the bat.

The rookies are lucky they don't need to compete with a Jin Young Ko or a Sung Hyun Park for the honor.

The race should be more compelling this time around.

> @18majors said:

> Yealimi Noh's last 4 tournaments:

>

> Cambia Par 72; -20

> Stage II Par 72; -7

> Q-Series I Par 71; -3

> Q-Series II Pqr 72; -12

>

> Scoring Average 69.125

And that is why my two picks are Yealimi and Patty Tavatanakit for ROY honours as per our in-house "challenge" ... still waiting for @Newinup to post his picks!??

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Yealimi Noh's last 4 tournaments:

> >

> > Cambia Par 72; -20

> > Stage II Par 72; -7

> > Q-Series I Par 71; -3

> > Q-Series II Pqr 72; -12

> >

> > Scoring Average 69.125

>

> ____________________________

>

> And that is why my two picks are Yealimi and Patty Tavatanakit for ROY honours as per our in-house "challenge" ... still waiting for @Newinup to post his picks!??

I did already! scroll up :) (i even made reference that i chose those 2 to confuse 18majors in their IG posts since 18majors got confused between them a week or two ago :)

In short it was Bianca and Patty as my 2 picks....

> @Newinup said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > Yealimi Noh's last 4 tournaments:

> > >

> > > Cambia Par 72; -20

> > > Stage II Par 72; -7

> > > Q-Series I Par 71; -3

> > > Q-Series II Pqr 72; -12

> > >

> > > Scoring Average 69.125

> >

> > ____________________________

> >

> > And that is why my two picks are Yealimi and Patty Tavatanakit for ROY honours as per our in-house "challenge" ... still waiting for @Newinup to post his picks!??

>

> I did already! scroll up :) (i even made reference that i chose those 2 to confuse 18majors in their IG posts since 18majors got confused between them a week or two ago :)

>

> In short it was Bianca and Patty as my 2 picks....

My apologies ... I must have skipped over it inadvertently. Some good picks though! ?

> >

> > I did already! scroll up :) (i even made reference that i chose those 2 to confuse 18majors in their IG posts since 18majors got confused between them a week or two ago :)

> >

> > In short it was Bianca and Patty as my 2 picks....

>

> _____________________

>

> My apologies ... I must have skipped over it inadvertently. Some good picks though! ?

@Golf Dino, @Newinup

The game is on!

It'll be a challenge for Bianca to gain entries in the first half; but she'll be A-OK by the second half.

> @18majors said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> > > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > Yealimi Noh's last 4 tournaments:

> > > > >

> > > > > Cambia Par 72; -20

> > > > > Stage II Par 72; -7

> > > > > Q-Series I Par 71; -3

> > > > > Q-Series II Pqr 72; -12

> > > > >

> > > > > Scoring Average 69.125

> > > >

> > > > ____________________________

> > > >

> > > > And that is why my two picks are Yealimi and Patty Tavatanakit for ROY honours as per our in-house "challenge" ... still waiting for @Newinup to post his picks!??

> > >

> > > I did already! scroll up :) (i even made reference that i chose those 2 to confuse 18majors in their IG posts since 18majors got confused between them a week or two ago :)

> > >

> > > In short it was Bianca and Patty as my 2 picks....

> >

> > _____________________

> >

> > My apologies ... I must have skipped over it inadvertently. Some good picks though! ?

>

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> > > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > Yealimi Noh's last 4 tournaments:

> > > > >

> > > > > Cambia Par 72; -20

> > > > > Stage II Par 72; -7

> > > > > Q-Series I Par 71; -3

> > > > > Q-Series II Pqr 72; -12

> > > > >

> > > > > Scoring Average 69.125

> > > >

> > > > ____________________________

> > > >

> > > > And that is why my two picks are Yealimi and Patty Tavatanakit for ROY honours as per our in-house "challenge" ... still waiting for @Newinup to post his picks!??

> > >

> > > I did already! scroll up :) (i even made reference that i chose those 2 to confuse 18majors in their IG posts since 18majors got confused between them a week or two ago :)

> > >

> > > In short it was Bianca and Patty as my 2 picks....

> >

> > _____________________

> >

> > My apologies ... I must have skipped over it inadvertently. Some good picks though! ?

>

> @Golf Dino, @Newinup

>

> The game is on!

> It'll be a challenge for Bianca to gain entries in the first half; but she'll be A-OK by the second half.

>

>

The game has been on since you started the thread! :P...

But in all seriousness, one of my concerns for Bianca is her placing in the lower levels amongst Category 14 card holders -- eg lack of "playing time" so to speak. The other concern is an injury/health, of course (which is always painful to watch in any sport, let alone golf, an individual sport) - no one can predict that.

There is definitely an element of luck involved here - not just skill/talent - to be able to play certain tournaments, and get the breaks/putts/bounces that one needs to place good in the early events to make a better placing after the reshuffle. But, hey, better in than out, at this point, especially after what transpired in the last round where she was not 100%.

Slightly relevant topic in this post -- would Shibuno or Ai have qualified in this thread if they chose to accept their LPGA cards by next week? :)

> @Newinup said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > @Newinup said:

> > > > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > > Yealimi Noh's last 4 tournaments:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Cambia Par 72; -20

> > > > > > Stage II Par 72; -7

> > > > > > Q-Series I Par 71; -3

> > > > > > Q-Series II Pqr 72; -12

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Scoring Average 69.125

> > > > >

> > > > > ____________________________

> > > > >

> > > > > And that is why my two picks are Yealimi and Patty Tavatanakit for ROY honours as per our in-house "challenge" ... still waiting for @Newinup to post his picks!??

> > > >

> > > > I did already! scroll up :) (i even made reference that i chose those 2 to confuse 18majors in their IG posts since 18majors got confused between them a week or two ago :)

> > > >

> > > > In short it was Bianca and Patty as my 2 picks....

> > >

> > > _____________________

> > >

> > > My apologies ... I must have skipped over it inadvertently. Some good picks though! ?

> >

> > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > @Newinup said:

> > > > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > > Yealimi Noh's last 4 tournaments:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Cambia Par 72; -20

> > > > > > Stage II Par 72; -7

> > > > > > Q-Series I Par 71; -3

> > > > > > Q-Series II Pqr 72; -12

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Scoring Average 69.125

> > > > >

> > > > > ____________________________

> > > > >

> > > > > And that is why my two picks are Yealimi and Patty Tavatanakit for ROY honours as per our in-house "challenge" ... still waiting for @Newinup to post his picks!??

> > > >

> > > > I did already! scroll up :) (i even made reference that i chose those 2 to confuse 18majors in their IG posts since 18majors got confused between them a week or two ago :)

> > > >

> > > > In short it was Bianca and Patty as my 2 picks....

> > >

> > > _____________________

> > >

> > > My apologies ... I must have skipped over it inadvertently. Some good picks though! ?

> >

> > @Golf Dino, @Newinup

> >

> > The game is on!

> > It'll be a challenge for Bianca to gain entries in the first half; but she'll be A-OK by the second half.

> >

> >

>

> The game has been on since you started the thread! :P...

>

> But in all seriousness, one of my concerns for Bianca is her placing in the lower levels amongst Category 14 card holders -- eg lack of "playing time" so to speak. The other concern is an injury/health, of course (which is always painful to watch in any sport, let alone golf, an individual sport) - no one can predict that. There is definitely an element of luck involved here - not just skill/talent - to be able to play certain tournaments, and get the breaks/putts/bounces that one needs to place good in the early events to make a better placing after the reshuffle. But, hey, better in than out, at this point, especially after what transpired in the last round where she was not 100%. (Slightly relevant topic in this post -- would Shibuno or Ai have qualified in this thread if they chose to accept their LPGA cards by next week? :)

>

>

>

We should be allowed to change our picks if there're new rookies on the roster.

> @18majors said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > > > @Newinup said:

> > > > > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > > > Yealimi Noh's last 4 tournaments:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Cambia Par 72; -20

> > > > > > > Stage II Par 72; -7

> > > > > > > Q-Series I Par 71; -3

> > > > > > > Q-Series II Pqr 72; -12

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Scoring Average 69.125

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ____________________________

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And that is why my two picks are Yealimi and Patty Tavatanakit for ROY honours as per our in-house "challenge" ... still waiting for @Newinup to post his picks!??

> > > > >

> > > > > I did already! scroll up :) (i even made reference that i chose those 2 to confuse 18majors in their IG posts since 18majors got confused between them a week or two ago :)

> > > > >

> > > > > In short it was Bianca and Patty as my 2 picks....

> > > >

> > > > _____________________

> > > >

> > > > My apologies ... I must have skipped over it inadvertently. Some good picks though! ?

> > >

> > > > > @Newinup said:

> > > > > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > > > Yealimi Noh's last 4 tournaments:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Cambia Par 72; -20

> > > > > > > Stage II Par 72; -7

> > > > > > > Q-Series I Par 71; -3

> > > > > > > Q-Series II Pqr 72; -12

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Scoring Average 69.125

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ____________________________

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And that is why my two picks are Yealimi and Patty Tavatanakit for ROY honours as per our in-house "challenge" ... still waiting for @Newinup to post his picks!??

> > > > >

> > > > > I did already! scroll up :) (i even made reference that i chose those 2 to confuse 18majors in their IG posts since 18majors got confused between them a week or two ago :)

> > > > >

> > > > > In short it was Bianca and Patty as my 2 picks....

> > > >

> > > > _____________________

> > > >

> > > > My apologies ... I must have skipped over it inadvertently. Some good picks though! ?

> > >

> > > @Golf Dino, @Newinup

> > >

> > > The game is on!

> > > It'll be a challenge for Bianca to gain entries in the first half; but she'll be A-OK by the second half.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > The game has been on since you started the thread! :P...

> >

> > But in all seriousness, one of my concerns for Bianca is her placing in the lower levels amongst Category 14 card holders -- eg lack of "playing time" so to speak. The other concern is an injury/health, of course (which is always painful to watch in any sport, let alone golf, an individual sport) - no one can predict that. There is definitely an element of luck involved here - not just skill/talent - to be able to play certain tournaments, and get the breaks/putts/bounces that one needs to place good in the early events to make a better placing after the reshuffle. But, hey, better in than out, at this point, especially after what transpired in the last round where she was not 100%. (Slightly relevant topic in this post -- would Shibuno or Ai have qualified in this thread if they chose to accept their LPGA cards by next week? :)

> >

> >

> >

>

> We should be allowed to change our picks if there're new rookies on the roster.

ah, then i may still yet change my picks until nov 18... clock is ticking wishful thinking shibuno-ing :P

The first three full field 2020 events are:

Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio, Jan 23-26, Florida [https://gainbridgelpga.com/](https://www.gainbridgelpga.com/ "https://gainbridgelpga.com/")

ISPS Handa Vic Open, Feb 06-09, Australia [vicopengolf.com/](http://www.vicopengolf.com/ "vicopengolf.com/")

ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open, Feb 13-16, Australia [https://golf.org.au/womensausopen](https://www.golf.org.au/womensausopen "https://golf.org.au/womensausopen")

> @18majors said:

> The first three full field 2020 events are:

>

> Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio, Jan 23-26, Florida [https://gainbridgelpga.com/](https://www.gainbridgelpga.com/ "https://gainbridgelpga.com/")

> ISPS Handa Vic Open, Feb 06-09, Australia [vicopengolf.com/](http://www.vicopengolf.com/ "vicopengolf.com/")

> ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open, Feb 13-16, Australia [https://golf.org.au/womensausopen](https://www.golf.org.au/womensausopen "https://golf.org.au/womensausopen")

Hopefully the Australian events will get better participation from the top players, but I doubt it. I wonder if they made these limited field, no cut events and tied with Thailand / Singapore if more people would play?

Given how dispersed the players are in the off-season it may be tough to get everyone playing at the same time. I also feel like one event in FL is a waste of time but I guess you have to start somewhere.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @18majors said:

> > The first three full field 2020 events are:

> >

> > Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio, Jan 23-26, Florida [https://gainbridgelpga.com/](https://www.gainbridgelpga.com/ "https://gainbridgelpga.com/")

> > ISPS Handa Vic Open, Feb 06-09, Australia [vicopengolf.com/](http://www.vicopengolf.com/ "vicopengolf.com/")

> > ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open, Feb 13-16, Australia [https://golf.org.au/womensausopen](https://www.golf.org.au/womensausopen "https://golf.org.au/womensausopen")

> Hopefully the Australian events will get better participation from the top players, but I doubt it. I wonder if they made these limited field, no cut events and tied with Thailand / Singapore if more people would play?

>

> Given how dispersed the players are in the off-season it may be tough to get everyone playing at the same time. I also feel like one event in FL is a waste of time but I guess you have to start somewhere.

They may be a waste of time for proven stars; but they’re life and death for rookies.

> @18majors said:

> Like Bianca Pagdanganon, Patty Tavatanakit has a magnetic personality and will be a LPGA star if she performs. A video to illustrate:

>

> [https://youtu.be/57cirXPx4K0](https://youtu.be/57cirXPx4K0 "https://youtu.be/57cirXPx4K0")

>

There's a lot of upcoming Thai golfers that are worth watching in the amateur/NCAA ranks: Atthaya (Jen), Jaravee, Pimnipa, etc -- never ceases to amaze me for what people classify as "tiger cub" country have quite a lot of success... In a way Pornanong was a great trailblazer for them.

It appears that Patty Tavatanakit is getting an endorsement deal from Singah Corporation, a Thailand beer company that's endorsed many athletic deals.

Congratulations.

[https://instagram.com/singhaofficial/?hl=en](https://www.instagram.com/singhaofficial/?hl=en "https://instagram.com/singhaofficial/?hl=en")

.> @18majors said:

> It appears that Patty Tavatanakit is getting an endorsement deal from Singah Corporation, a Thailand beer company that's endorsed many athletic deals.

> Congratulations.

>

> [https://instagram.com/singhaofficial/?hl=en](https://www.instagram.com/singhaofficial/?hl=en "https://instagram.com/singhaofficial/?hl=en")

>

Singha is one, SCG (Siam Cement Group) is another big one... And of course, Thai Airways... once you get those, you're already LPGA "set" pretty much (in a comfortable way even if not winning yet - eg you have the $ for accomodation etc), in my view... (just look at the Jutanugarns' golf shirts)

Albane Valenzuela has decided to turn pro:

albane.valenzuela

“I am excited to announce my decision to turn professional and accept my LPGA status for the 2020 season. As a result of the opportunities that were given to me through my Q-Series and the possibility of returning to the Olympics, I am thrilled to start a new chapter in my life and pursue my longtime aspiration of playing on tour."

![](https://scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/fca1b6571d022bb0140deef06367023b/5E4C953F/t51.2885-15/e35/72745513_172668850546115_1218536425610284973_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=111 "")

[https://instagram.com/p/B4yWUuvlM8C/](https://www.instagram.com/p/B4yWUuvlM8C/ "https://instagram.com/p/B4yWUuvlM8C/")