Connecticut 2020 Memberships/Passes

UnderPar18

**As 2020 deals come out please post information to the thread**

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Ellington Ridge will be lowering their membership pricing slightly. Have to reach out to the club for 2020 pricing structure as I don't have it, but ERCC is a really nice course with a great group of guys. Anyone in that part of CT should consider looking. They have simulators in the winter, a range right near the first tee, and the pool & food is fantastic.

Manchester CC typically does not alter their pricing dramatically year to year so you could expect the same dues as 2019. For a semi private/public course the conditions are great and the cost is VERY affordable. If you like playing in the mornings only on weekends this is a great option. No food or bev minimum which is clutch!

Indian Hill CC - not sure what 2020 will bring but they seem to be doing a 2 year commitment deal and all of their pricing seems very fair. I would say the greens are awesome, but the course itself is just okay.

Lyman Orchards - 2020 pricing is up already online. Membership is ~$2,900 and they do not tier it based off of age (which is stupid imo). Also you have to pay it up front (no monthly bills). The practice facility they have is fantastic and you get access to 45 holes with two 18 hole courses and 9 hole short course. Pretty reasonable price is you ask me. The Jones course is fun to play, but the greens are typically slow at Lyman.

:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)

• 3 months later...

Waterbury is still relatively pricey. Wethersfield is better priced, but you'll notice they leave out a bunch of other charges in the price they show you which drives it back up. The Farms is doing a young professional discount which is no discount at all. By the time you get done paying $2k in assessments, and 1.6k in food and bev. you are around $7.2k all in if your under 35.

CT golf memberships suck plain and simple. There is a reason why most clubs are hurting and they're too stuck on old ways to solve for it.

Exactly. A bunch of clubs are offering specials - like 25% off of dues for a year or two. But, many of them have big assessments either already here or approaching in short order.

Does anyone have thoughts on Race Brook vs. Great River?

Both good courses, and while Great River is semi-private, there are no assessments to worry about. Race Brook is rumored to have one hitting membership now...

Racebrook has been in trouble financially from what I heard (not sure if true or not). I’m personally not locking into a club for two years. Great River is a great course. Not sure your age but New Haven looked very affordable right now.

Wallingford CC is expensive for what it is and there are a ton of hidden fees and the Farms is just absurd with their pricing.

Yeah, you've heard the same thing that I have about Race Brook... I think the assessment will be substantial (as in a few thousand), and I don't like locking into them for 2 years either. The whole thing scares me a bit.

At least Great River is 5K all-in with no exposure to assessments or getting locked in to more than one year. It might be semi-private, but it's a great course and I know what I'm getting there. I'm not a huge fan of semi-private, but it may be the necessary trade-off at this point.

I've got a couple of years left under 40 which helps with most clubs' dues, but a bunch of them are approaching their problems in the same - waiving initiation in exchange for two year minimums.

New Haven has 25% off of dues, but locks you in for 2 years as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if they get hit with an assessment. Wallingford and the Farms are just too far for me - as is Waterbury.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Silvermine in Norwalk is cheaper, but from what I've heard, not as nice as Rolling Hills.  Silvermine is $6500 for under 40 and $8k for over, with dues around $8-11k.  If you're willing to drive to Stratford, Oronoque has some really attractive deals since they are a golf only club - $300-400/mth.  Mill River is now golf only, while Brownson has a pool.  All dues should be in a similar range to Oronoque.

TaylorMade M3 8.5*, Grandura 510 X-Stiff
TEE CBX 119, ProjectX Evenflow blue X-Stiff
Titleist 913H 21*, Matrix Ozik White Tie X-Stiff
Srixon Z545 4-7 Z745 8-PW, KBS Tour 120 Stiff
Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
MannKrafted Straight 6 Demascus Blade - see avatar

• 1 month later...

Silvermine is by far the best deal in Fairfield county for under 40. $6500 initiation payable over 3 years at no interest. And then 5k per year in dues. Only extra cost is $70 a month at clubhouse.

Short quirky course but def still a test for sure. Need to be accurate.

They also have a nice 9 hole executive course.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 12:42 PM, sjpaster said:

Silvermine in Norwalk is cheaper, but from what I've heard, not as nice as Rolling Hills.  Silvermine is $6500 for under 40 and $8k for over, with dues around $8-11k.  If you're willing to drive to Stratford, Oronoque has some really attractive deals since they are a golf only club - $300-400/mth.  Mill River is now golf only, while Brownson has a pool.  All dues should be in a similar range to Oronoque.

When you say Mill River is golf only, do they no longer have a pool?  What changed with them?

• 3 weeks later...

I checked out racebrook within the past month. I'm 33 and they have a pay march dues now don't pay again until June. Issue is that after Minimums, Tax, etc it's $6600 before you ever touch a cart or play in a member guest.  Great River is marginally cheaper, but better practice facility although I've never played it.  I'll probably hold off to see what happens with Yale, but if Covid is still raging come February/March, I don't see that place being open until May/June or it being a repeat of this year. They had opened it back up but with Ivy's announcing cancelation of winter sports they closed the course again. 

I just wish there was a decent track somewhere for like 4500 year all in that was just about the golf in the south/south western CT area.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2020 at 4:36 PM, swgolf12 said:

I checked out racebrook within the past month. I'm 33 and they have a pay march dues now don't pay again until June. Issue is that after Minimums, Tax, etc it's $6600 before you ever touch a cart or play in a member guest.  Great River is marginally cheaper, but better practice facility although I've never played it.  I'll probably hold off to see what happens with Yale, but if Covid is still raging come February/March, I don't see that place being open until May/June or it being a repeat of this year. They had opened it back up but with Ivy's announcing cancelation of winter sports they closed the course again. 

I just wish there was a decent track somewhere for like 4500 year all in that was just about the golf in the south/south western CT area.

Look at Hertigevillage 

23 hours ago, TallGuy90 said:

Look at Hertigevillage 

But then I'd have to play Heritage Village. Played it for a CSGA 1 day before and it's not a place I'd want to play a lot.  Range isn't that great, layout kinda stinks. If I'm looking at Yale, Race Brook, Great River and possibly New Haven then HV is certainly a downgrade from all of those.

T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X

17 minutes ago, swgolf12 said:

But then I'd have to play Heritage Village. Played it for a CSGA 1 day before and it's not a place I'd want to play a lot.  Range isn't that great, layout kinda stinks. If I'm looking at Yale, Race Brook, Great River and possibly New Haven then HV is certainly a downgrade from all of those.

Than spending double or triple is what you really want. f****** Connecticut people .

1 minute ago, TallGuy90 said:

Than spending double or triple is what you really want. f****** Connecticut people .

Do you even know CT? I live In East Haven and work in Stratford, Who wants to drive at minimum a half hour to their club? Wallingford, The Farms, Mill River, Bronson, there's just so many better options then Heritage Village I'm not sure why you'd be offended unless you own the place.

T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X

Heritage Village is a big downgrade from Yale, Race Brook, Great River and New Haven. 

New Haven is the only one out of those with any amenities in addition to golf.  Great River gives you more of a public vibe, and you feel that difference.  Yale is a great course but you'll have to see how the condition is this year.

As for Race Brook, they're trying to sell this property to the Town of Orange and lease the land:  https://www.ctinsider.com/metro/nhregister/article/Orange-residents-learn-details-of-tax-increase-if-15925061.php?cmpid=gsa-nhregister-result&_ga=2.212034012.930595006.1612445190-724787348.1587145217&fbclid=IwAR3a0dpoqBSLox966fq6yh1nM6yLmpxnb8l80QadSbig2GBSSf1NGJmeeHA

If the voters don't approve the deal, they appear to be in substantial trouble.  If they do approve the deal, their finances should stabilize. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 6:35 PM, Zscout21 said:

Silvermine is by far the best deal in Fairfield county for under 40. $6500 initiation payable over 3 years at no interest. And then 5k per year in dues. Only extra cost is $70 a month at clubhouse.

Short quirky course but def still a test for sure. Need to be accurate.

They also have a nice 9 hole executive course.

Is Silvermine a walkable track? I drove by it a couple of months ago, and could not tell for sure.

On 2/27/2021 at 8:48 AM, mjmorehead said:

Is Silvermine a walkable track? I drove by it a couple of months ago, and could not tell for sure.

Silvermine is VERY short relative to some of the tracks you mentioned on other threads.  I believe it's about 5200 from the tips.  Just something to consider as you review your options...

• 3 weeks later...

Heritage Village also went through an ownership change this year, and will have a SIGNIFICANT increase in membership and play... So if you're mostly after the ease of access to play and quick rounds it might not be your best bet. Source: I was a member there for 7 years and left when it got sold (moved to Waterbury CC)