What to do about this?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop practicing and don't use them for golf and they will look new forever.....

> @Redhaze737 said: > > @GoGoErky said: > > You have clubs that are wearing after tons of balls over the course of a year. Nothing wrong with the performance. Due to inventory which i

I think those irons and the wear on them look cool. You practice/play a lot and these irons show it, I'd consider them badges of honor. If this happened after a month of ownership and a few practice

I've considered sending back my 52* Vokey 200 series because of wear similar to what has been experienced by the OP. What I would like to see is a nice, dime sized wear spot in the middle of the clubface. The Titleist people said they couldn't help me. Haven't bought a vokey wedge since. Pretty lame IMHO.

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

Looks like miura.

And id say normal wear. All you’re seeing is the first coat of plating ( copper or nickel ) showing after the final coat is rubbed off. . Irons like these wear fast. The higher quality the finish ( satin , polished , or black ) the faster the wear. Similar to high end paint jobs. A $30k black paint job on a car will scratch with just a finger touch. Why ? It’s finish is that fine. Same with this. You can’t get that fine perfect finish if it’s a thick chrome plate like say titleist . There’s always a trade off. And you just found the trade for that perfect finish. It is thinner and will come off with sandy soil easier.

Remember tools not jewels. Just start reveling in the fact that wearing a expensive set of irons like that makes some headcover users skin crawl and it makes it all better. Lol.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 21* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 4-Pw DG.X7

Miura 51 55 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Exactly. In the social media world. It’s much cheaper to give In and write off the loss of a new set than to have someone bad mouth the brand.

ive seen this locally whne talking with a rep about their black Finish irons. One customer got a new set 3 times over his wear complaints. After the last one they told him he was cut off. And he then bashed them anyway. It’s usually best to just give a cash refund and let them buy something else.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 21* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 4-Pw DG.X7

Miura 51 55 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Thanks for the input. ?

Yes, according to the manufacturer the sandy soil in Hawaii is the major reason for this. The CEO was kind enough to contact me and confirmed that the designer had commented after a trip to Hawaii that the sandy soil would be an issue for their finish. As many have said and I agree with, the great feel and performance has not been effected. Since my model is no longer in production they offered to forge a couple new heads for me at a reduced price, but I told them I didn't need that as the new clubs would just do the same thing. And since it is deemed normal wear and the clubs are performing, I'm good.

I had not thought of the head cover user benefit. ?

Like most other posters, I just don’t see any issue in the photos and suspect that anything the company said was based on the standard mentality that the ‘customer is always right’ - especially if it is a premium product. But I’m pleased that after disagreeing with everyone who has said so you seem to have reached the same conclusion as we have - a cosmetic issue that you should not be bothered about ...

My $.02 is that I don't think it's lame. A company can't be expected to keep old stock in order to fulfill a customer service issue that may or may not happen. They are clearly willing to do right by you with what they do have available and are working with you to make sure you're happy. I get the whole thing about being under warranty but, in this case, apart from demanding a refund, I think working together to a compromise is the way forward.

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2