2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: BGT Stability Tour Putter Shafts! Read What Members Are Saying!

knudson81

To be honest, the timing of this review giveaway was kind of unfortunate. I've not been able to play any due to the weekends being unfit for golf. I'm sure most of the other testers are in the same boat. I've played a couple rounds with this shaft, but not near enough to tell you if it's any different than any other putter shaft out there.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS3/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

• 6 months later...

Ping G410 LST 9* Tour AD-IZ 6S
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* AD-IZ 7S
Ping G430 17* Tour 2.0 Chrome 
Titleist 818 23* AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5-iron, AMT White S300
Miura TC-201 6-9, AMT White S300
Vokey SM8 46*, Vokey SM7 50*, Ping S159 54*, Vokey SM8 58* LBK, S300
L.A.B Mezz 1, Accra

1 hour ago, SJP1 said:

20hdc so maybe not the best judge but I feel like on lag putts distance control is usually spot on and not much twisting of head. Usually always a center strike and any miss is always my own fault. Shorter putts not sure much different 

• Like 1

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo 15*

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

4 hours ago, cj4501 said:

20hdc so maybe not the best judge but I feel like on lag putts distance control is usually spot on and not much twisting of head. Usually always a center strike and any miss is always my own fault. Shorter putts not sure much different 

Agreed. Put a stability tour in my Bettinardi DASS QB6 and it’s been the most reliable club in the bag the last several rounds 

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, NickPL said:

I may have missed it, but can a local golf shop handle switching out the original shaft for this one? Or does it have to be sent in to BGT?

A local shop can easily handle it. 

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

• 1 month later...

Louis Oosthuizen rocking a Stability Tour at the WGC Workday

L.A.B Mezz 1, Accra

3 minutes ago, SJP1 said:

Louis Oosthuizen rocking a Stability Tour at the WGC Workday

Looks like it’s been in the bag a few weeks, at least since Phoenix

2F759B31-4FF0-461D-B221-D9C962FD4B1B.jpeg

DE1C1E32-CEA2-4BB7-9949-93386CE35975.jpeg

L.A.B Mezz 1, Accra

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, jpbouw said:

nobody any updates after a full season of golf..?

hope to hear

I've got three rounds and a few hours on the putting green in with mine, in a PXG One and Done, and it's been really good on longer putts. To be honest, I didn't love the feel of the PXG with the original shaft but the Stability shaft has made it feel great. It was kind of firm, and dead feeling although it put a good roll on the ball. The shaft has really sured up the feel. It's solid, but soft. I do play a firmer ball, Pro V1x Left Dash, so that may have attributed to the fact I didn't much care for the feel before hand. Three rounds isn't much to go off of, but my lag putting has been better than it was before. I have a Squareback 2 on the way, and a Stability shaft to go in that as well. The resistance to twisting is a real thing with these. My lag putts seem to start on line and hold the line a bit better. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

I've had mine in for 18 months now.

I had one built as a mirror of the one I was using. That one has sat in the garage ever since. I'll pick it up, putt a few times, and put it back.

I don't think I'll ever play something less stiff than this. Great product. 

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

I've had the Stability Tour in my Evnroll ER7 for about 6 months now and love the confidence it give me on putts of all lengths. Was it revolutionary? No - but it gives me the peace of mind that there is one less thing that I need to account for when putting. I chalk it up to playing a wood shaft that is slightly not stiff enough. You can feel it move so you need to adjust your swing to accommodate. With the stability tour the head gets delivered the same regardless of tempo and for me that is a huge win both on longer putts and shorter ones. 

#1: Titleist TSi3 9* - Ventus Black 6X 

#3: Titleist TSi3 15* - HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

3H: Titleist TSi3 20* - Motore 8.8 X

I: National Custom Works CB/MB DW - MMT 125 TX

W: Titleist SM8 Raw 56.14F & 60.14K - TT X100 TI Black Onyx

P: SC Newport 2 Centershafted P r o t o t y p e

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody had any issues with these with the double bends not planing with the new shaft? I have a Scotty fast back with double bend and they cut the original shaft and put the BGT stability shaft in and the lower 8” of steel shaft is not in the same plane as the 27” of upper BGT shaft. 
Is this something others have seen or is this a one off anomaly. I’m seriously disappointed to have almost 1000$ into a putter and shaft and have it defective now. 😡😟

Well I’ve been trying to talk myself into a BGT shaft.  The theory sounds good and I do love my golf toys.  To be clear I mean no offense or judgment to anyone who has embraced  the stability shaft.  You found a shaft you like and it feels right.  I’m not trying to change your mind or lessen how you feel about your shaft.

In considering this purchase I’m watching YouTube videos read online reviews and looking for testing data.  I’m missing the test data. You know where someone straps the shaft on, a mechanical putting device and makes more puts with the Stabiliy shaft then the same putter with a stock shaft.  Wack a hundred balls each and give me a winner!  Where is that test?

The only test (My Golf Spy) where they gave five guy two otherwise identical putters. Three guys there was no significant difference one guy did significantly better with the BGT shaft and one guy did significantly better with the stock shaft.  Far from conclusive.  I’m just thinking if it’s a thing shouldn’t there be analytical data to support the claims?  

Anyway I’m a tinkering whore so I will probably give it a whirl but I’m apparently playing hard to get. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TFavor said:

Anybody had any issues with these with the double bends not planing with the new shaft? I have a Scotty fast back with double bend and they cut the original shaft and put the BGT stability shaft in and the lower 8” of steel shaft is not in the same plane as the 27” of upper BGT shaft. 
Is this something others have seen or is this a one off anomaly. I’m seriously disappointed to have almost 1000$ into a putter and shaft and have it defective now. 😡😟

Who did the install? And what are you referring to as not being in the same “plane”? The way the upper portions work for the double bend install is the steel shaft (lower portion) inserts into the upper via a coupler. It should be centered. The upper is quite a bit larger than the lower if that’s what you’re referring to. 

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

27 minutes ago, MPAndreassi said:

Who did the install? And what are you referring to as not being in the same “plane”? The way the upper portions work for the double bend install is the steel shaft (lower portion) inserts into the upper via a coupler. It should be centered. The upper is quite a bit larger than the lower if that’s what you’re referring to. 

It’s probably really hard to see in this picture but the head of the putter is “behind” for lack of a better word, the line of the BGT shaft. Almost as if the upper shaft and the lower Scotty shaft make a “V”. 
Pro golf discount did the install and I didn’t get no special autograph card either, even though it was limited edition black. 

8BAD7682-9ACD-413B-9B35-A2C25AFD9A3D.jpeg

4 hours ago, TFavor said:

It’s probably really hard to see in this picture but the head of the putter is “behind” for lack of a better word, the line of the BGT shaft. Almost as if the upper shaft and the lower Scotty shaft make a “V”. 
Pro golf discount did the install and I didn’t get no special autograph card either, even though it was limited edition black. 

I would for sure claim my money back for that. Given that you probably paid quite a bit for shaft and installation, that is absolutely non-acceptible

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

9 hours ago, TFavor said:

5 hours ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

I would for sure claim my money back for that. Given that you probably paid quite a bit for shaft and installation, that is absolutely non-acceptible

I agree. It looks like a bad install. Either they didn’t leave enough of the original shaft to slide up into the graphite portion or the didn’t slide it in all the way or the steel portion got bent somehow. I’d contact the installer and see what they’ll do about it. 

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2021 at 9:45 AM, MPAndreassi said:

I agree. It looks like a bad install. Either they didn’t leave enough of the original shaft to slide up into the graphite portion or the didn’t slide it in all the way or the steel portion got bent somehow. I’d contact the installer and see what they’ll do about it. 

Wanted to follow up on this.  Did they do anything to fix your putter?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally gave up on the Stability Tour that I had in my Scotty Cameron T22 Newport after about 7 months. I felt that I just lost so much feel compared to the steel shaft that was originally in the putter. I did make a lot more long putts over 20 feet, but I was a lot worse on putts under 10 feet I believe to losing feel. If I had to do it all over, I might try to do the install over the steel shaft to see if that helps with feel.

17 hours ago, Pekeface68 said:

I finally gave up on the Stability Tour that I had in my Scotty Cameron T22 Newport after about 7 months. I felt that I just lost so much feel compared to the steel shaft that was originally in the putter. I did make a lot more long putts over 20 feet, but I was a lot worse on putts under 10 feet I believe to losing feel. If I had to do it all over, I might try to do the install over the steel shaft to see if that helps with feel.

If you want to get rid of it let me know.  I’m looking for another 355 tour 

• Like 1

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

On 3/15/2021 at 8:17 PM, jpbouw said:

nobody any updates after a full season of golf..?

hope to hear

I've had one in my Camden for 14 months and I've never putted better. It's gotten to the point where the guys in my normal foursome think I've been getting putting lessons since I've had it. With the SS, I feel like I get away with a few putts that I normally wouldn't, it feels like the ball stays on line just a skosh longer, and my distance control has improved, which has inspired a little more confidence. Is it going to magically erase 3+ strokes a round? Absolutely not. But when I compare my putters that have a stability shaft against my Scotty Cameron without one, the difference between the them is very noticeable. 

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

Excited to try one of these… late this month. 

6B07542D-BDE9-49E6-8907-08A6C915C942.jpeg

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

• 2 weeks later...

I went BGT at the same time I changed to an Edel E5 torque free putter.  So I will never know if it is the chicken or the egg.    As I read many of the accounts here both positive and negative.  I find myself wondering if any of them really have the data to support their statements?  A few years ago my putts per round increased dramatically while my handicap continued to decline.  It had nothing to do with my putter.  It was actually a result of improvement in my iron game I was hitting more greens in regulation dramatically increasing my proximity to the hole on my first putt.    

• 1 year later...

Couple questions for BGT users. Picked up a Tour2 Fire shaft and am debating on which one of my putters to throw this is. I think it would be more beneficial in my blade putter, but I've been putting well with my slant neck spider recently. Torn on this.

Also, it would be 34" on my spider, but closer to 38" on my blade putter due to the plumbers neck. If I wanted to install on the blade putter, how would I cut it down or adjust it so that it plays 34"?

I’ve noticed the most benefit from the shaft in blade style heads personally.  I’m not a mallet guy so I can’t really speak to them but I have had them in flow necks which I hated. 

id try it in the mallet so you don’t have to cut it down or prep the tip I’m assuming it’s a over spud install.  If you don’t like it you can prep the tip and install into the blade later 

• Like 1

Bridgestone Tour BXS