beruo's bag (LEFTY)

Geo

with some putters
Callaway 9.5° FT-9 Tour IMIX with Fubuki Tour 63 (stiff)
PING 14° TiSI Tec with something or 'nother
Adams 18° PNT hybrid with Fujikura 8D07 HB (stiff)
Adams 22° PNT hybrid with Fujikura 8D07 HB (stiff)
PING 4-PW S57with Dynamic Gold S300
CHIKARA DESIGNS Lefty Protos 53° and 58° S-400
PING Wrx custom weighted Anser 4 at 33" and 350 grams

Driver: Good driver. Good shaft. Need more time.

Fairway: Old school standard that has found its way into my bag. Might stay for a while, might not. I don't see anything that can replace it for now. Never know. This is just a little something-something to start the season out, but it does have some star power.

Hybrids: SERIOUSLY! Great pair of hybrids that are well worth the price of admission. Full review with pictures HERE, but the nutshell summation is that these are clubs to build your set around.

Irons: Newest addition to the bag, and will be around for a while to come. Not much I can say that I didn't say HERE. Great irons that are cast from magic, shafted with goodness, and provides 500% of the recommended daily allowance of awesomeness.

Wedges: Seriously, beyond compare and like a Grecian Urn, words would not do these irons justice. But if you want to add to the injustices of the world and see some pics, click HERE.

Putter: OK, I've got a few pretty decent putters, but the one that I first LOVED was the Anser 4. Now the one that fits the bill the closest is the custom Anser 4 at 33" and tungsten weighted to 350 grams. (full thread with tons of pics HERE.)

Ball: SRIXON Z-STAR!!! I friggin' love this ball. I find it to be the most durable of all the premium balls, and it fits my game better than any other by a good stretch. Seems that the new ball is better on durability, and more importantly: no seam to get filled with dirt. It'll be interesting to see how it will play as I can't think of anything I'd want to be different.

Bag: OGIO Atlas for riding and walking 18 with the pushcart. But if I'm playing 9 holes, I'll sport the Sun Mountain Superlight 3.5. But if I'm walking or riding 18, this bag holds all I'll need and more. Bag looks good and is built pretty well. Lots of design innovations separate this from most other cart bags IMO, some are just unnecessarily silly though.

Cart: clicgear. Went in thinking I'd go for the Sun Mountain, came out loving the clicgear. Folds/unfolds much more easily and more compact. The brake is superior and it seems slightly more durable/rugged/sturdy.

And some pics. Apparently not the best as a guy who used to be my friend was busting my balls on the angles and whatnot. :help: :tongue: But until the snow melts, these will have to suffice.
PINK BUNNY!!!
bunny.jpg

DRIVER
FT901.jpg
FT902.jpg
FT903.jpg
FT904.jpg
FT905.jpg

FAIRWAY
TTEC01.jpg
TTEC02.jpg
TTEC03.jpg
TTEC04.jpg
TTEC05.jpg
TTEC06.jpg

HYBRIDS
PNT01.jpg
PNT02.jpg
PNT10.jpg
PNT09.jpg
PNT17.jpg
PNT18.jpg
PNT07.jpg

IRONS
S5701.jpg
S5702.jpg
S5703.jpg
S5704.jpg
S5708.jpg
S5711.jpg

CHIKARAAAA!!!
chikaragrip.jpg
maya52-1.jpg
maya52-2.jpg
maya52-3.jpg
mika58-1.jpg
mika58-4.jpg
mika58-2.jpg

MAIN GAMER PUTTER
PING Anser 4 Wrx tungsten weighted to 350 grams
wrxa4-01.jpg
wrxa4-03.jpg
wrxa4-05.jpg

SOME OF THE PINGS
JAS Tess--GREAT putter!
jast-02.jpg
jast-05.jpg
jast-04.jpg
jast-03.jpg

Wrx Scottsdale remake, one-off casting in stainless, tungsten weighted to 355 grams
sssd-01.jpg
sssd-04.jpg
sssd-06.jpg

BeNi Scottsdale remake
bnsd-02.jpg
bnsd-03.jpg
bnsd-06.jpg

BeCu Scottsdale remake
bcsd-01.jpg
bcsd-06.jpg
bcsd-08.jpg

BeCu Anser 2
bca2-02.jpg
bca2-06.jpg
bca2-08.jpg

BeCu Anser 4
bca4-01.jpg
bca4-04.jpg
bca4-08.jpg

BeCu Zing 2
bcz2-01.jpg
bcz2-03.jpg
bcz2-04.jpg

BeCu B60
bcb60-01.jpg
bcb60-03.jpg
bcb60-06.jpg

BeNi B60 5BZ
bnb6002.jpg
bnb6001.jpg
bnb6004.jpg

Isoforce limited Anser--hella limited in lefty
isoa-01.jpg
isoa-03.jpg
isoa-04.jpg
isoa-06.jpg

JAS Anser
jasa-01.jpg
jasa-06.jpg
jasa-04.jpg

Redwood ZB with Starshot finish
rwzb-01.jpg
rwzb-04.jpg
rwzb-06.jpg

THE BEVY OF BETTINARDIS
DASS Tour Special Southpaw BB-18
BB1801.jpg
BB1802.jpg
BB1804.jpg

Tour issue BB-1/SB-1
SB102.jpg
SB104.jpg
SB107.jpg

360 MB Tour Proto
360MB01.jpg
360MB02.jpg
360MB03.jpg

Older BB-8 with copper insert
BB801.jpg
BB802.jpg

Older BB-1 midslant
BB1ms01.jpg
BB1ms03.jpg

A MESS OF MISCS
Byron Custom from THE man! 360 gram stainless with custom neck
byronc01.jpg
byronc03.jpg
byronc05.jpg
byronc07.jpg

Stainless Klassic--tour sample
ssklass02.jpg
ssklass03.jpg
ssklass04.jpg
ssklass06.jpg

Carbon Klassic--tour sample
csklass01.jpg
csklass03.jpg
csklass05.jpg
csklass06.jpg

Studio Select
SCSel01.jpg
SCSel02.jpg

Gauge Japan (RIP) stainless M3+
GD01.jpg
GD02.jpg
GD05.jpg
GD06.jpg

A BUNCH OF BLADES
Designed by Ben Crenshaw
DBBC01.jpg
DBBC02.jpg
DBBC03.jpg
DBBC06.jpg

Manganese Bronze Designed by (REALLY rare, especially lefty)
DBMnBr01.jpg
DBMnBr02.jpg
DBMnBr03.jpg
DBMnBr07.jpg

BeCu Designed by (HUGE rare, especially lefty and in this condition, with original leather grip)
DBBeCu01.jpg
DBBeCu03.jpg
DBBeCu05.jpg
DBBeCu08.jpg
DBBeCu13.jpg
DBBeCu17.jpg

Teardrop TD42--milled in carbon
TD4201.jpg
TD4202.jpg
TD4203.jpg
TD4205.jpg

regular 8802 remake
880201.jpg
880202.jpg
880203.jpg

fairly unique Palmer design
APOG01.jpg
APOG02.jpg
APOG04.jpg
APOG05.jpg

American Classic VII (one of 205 lefty)
SCACVII01.jpg
SCACVII03.jpg
SCACVII06.jpg
SCACVII10.jpg

Napa Valley (one of 206 lefty)
SCNV01.jpg
SCNV04.jpg
SCNV06.jpg
SCNV09.jpg
SCNV10.jpg
:hi:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to popular demand (not really), I figured it was about time to finally post a WITB. At press time my bag was composed of:

9º R510TP w/757X

15º MP-001 w/AJ Tech Tour 75X

18º Fli Hi II w/TT S300

3-PW XXIO w/NSPro 950GHS

53º & 60º 588 TSC's w/TT S200

DASS Tour Special BB18

Nice set of Lefty sticks.

IF you're struggling with the Fli HI :help: , I can recommend the Sonartec MD. Had one in the bag most of the summer and it's definitely a goto club.

Awesome putter by the way :tongue:

PING LST 8.5' / Stretch 13.5' / G400 17'
Callaway Apex Pro 4 to PW, Mack Daddy Forged 50, 55, 60
Scotty X5, Vice Pro Plus in White

Nice sticks beruo!

Those irons look like they have a ton of offset :lol:  Maybe just because they are backwards ;)

That Betti looks sweet :tongue:

Oh yeah........cute little girl you have there :D

68141[/snapback]

Thank you. The irons don't have too, TOO much offset--I don't think. Probably a hair less than Callaway's pro-series (give or take a hair). :D The killed leading edge really helps to offset the offset (keeps me from digging/hitting too terribly fat). But with the big, fat face and the big, fat cavity I get big fat forgiveness. :nono:

As for the putter and lil' girl--not quite the tie some of y'all might consider--lil' girl wins in a landslide :D (but heaven help her if she F's my Betti up!) :help: (kidding)

beruo

Nice set of Lefty sticks.

IF you're struggling with the Fli HI  ;) , I can recommend the Sonartec MD. Had one in the bag most of the summer and it's definitely a goto club.

Awesome putter by the way :tongue:

68143[/snapback]

The Sonartec is definitely one of my must try list. The Fli-Hi fell all the way out of favor when I switched from a player combo set (KZG's). At the time the Mizzy was more forgiving than the irons, now--not so much. Plus I gained a lot of distance with the XXIO's, enough to squeeze the fli-hi out of the rotation.

I may have to throw in a second putter, the second to putt from "dirty" areas of the green to keep my Betti cherry. :help:

Kidding of course--I need to check out the Adams, CFT, and heavenwood as well--decisions, decisions!

beruo

Be sure to try the Nickent hybrids. A ton of loft options, good stock shafts, and SUPER solid. They get the ball up nicely as well.

Your daughter is adorable, you must be very proud. :D

68676[/snapback]

I think I will have to check out the Nickent. I just checked and they are only $80 at TGW, $130 with the Aldila NV75. Do you know if there is a difference in the headweight between heads that are shafted with steel and graphite? Might be worth it just to reshaft a steel myself, that way I could get a pink NV85X.

And thanks for the compliment on my daughter. :help: Sometimes when I look at her, I think she is too adorable to have received half her genes from me and start to think my wife cheated on me. Then I get mad. :tongue: Then I start to wonder what my daughter would look like if she did get half of her genes from me, then I forgive my wife. :nono: Then I think that that whole line of thinking could only be generated by a dad who is overly proud of his daughter. ;) Then I'm convinced that she is my daughter. So, yes! I am proud of my daughter. :lol:

beruo

To be honest I have no idea about different headweights. They are very popular clubs, so you should be able to demo several different varieties before you make a decision. What I can tell you is that they do seem pretty head-heavy, definately heavier than say a Heavenwood.

With regards to your daughter, mabye you just have weak genes or your wife has very strong genes. There is a couple at work and their young son looks 100% like the mother. Either way, she turned out great! :tongue:

Ahhhhhhh...finally a WITB from Beruo! :tongue: Beautiful looking set up even if you're playing from the wrong side of the box!

I think it's about time you get a Fourteen to replace that Fly HI. That putter looks even better then when you showed me it on Ebay. Glad it all worked out for you and I hope you're stroking it in on the greens.

Great job! By the way. Beautiful daughter. Get her playing soon so she can get some sponsorships to support your habits! :help:

Ahhhhhhh...finally a WITB from Beruo! :D  Beautiful looking set up even if you're playing from the wrong side of the box!

I think it's about time you get a Fourteen to replace that Fly HI.  That putter looks even better then when you showed me it on Ebay.  Glad it all worked out for you and I hope you're stroking it in on the greens.

Great job!  By the way.  Beautiful daughter.  Get her playing soon so she can get some sponsorships to support your habits! :yes:

70516[/snapback]

Yeah, the main reason I never posted a WITB is that I'd have to bear the barrage of "wrong side" and "backwards" comments. (I'm talking to you too 857 Pro-Ti!) ;)

That whole lefty thing is also doing a good job of keeping a Fourteen out of my fourteen. Truth be told, I'm more curious about wood-like hybrids and would rather have Tourstage make me an F-UT. Of course then I'd have to get their X-ST, X-Drive 435, and X-blade CB's (which are available, but I'm holding out for the II's). Then my wife would leave me because she would not recognize my restraint in not getting the TS wedges and putter and take my beautiful daughter (thank you, by the way). But I digress . . . :nono:

The putter is a beaut, easily my favorite pick-up of all time. Thanks for your help with that. Sadly the greens will have to wait as the season is over here, but I can't miss on the carpet. :help: It does feel INCREDIBLE and there is no question that it will be in my bag when it thaws out here. :lol: :D

As for my daughter, time will tell. I'm hoping that she can land a Tourstage sponsorship by the time she gets ready to drive, but Srixon Japan seems to be focusing on younger crowd. I am willing to discuss ten year deals with any of the major OEM's (even domestic), and would be very warm at the negotiation table with either David Mills or Robert Bettinardi. :D But I digress again. :tongue:

beruo

• 1 month later...

She is an angel. What a cutie. I have a little 3 yr old girl also. Light of my life.

Great equipment beruo, that Bettinardi is very nice. Your daughter is very cute as well, i have 2 a 4year old and a 3year old, can't imagine my life without them.

Thanks guys, she is definitely the focal point in our lives. She'll be 3 in a couple months and is just a ball to have around. Needless to say I've stopped swearing and chipping balls in the house. The swearing because my wife doesn't want 2/3 of our family to sound like they just got done a shift at the prison. The chipping because my daughter doesn't quite have her regulator developed yet and doesn't quite have the control her old man does :birthday: (don't worry, the TV is fine!).

She will be getting some real clubs for her birthday soon! I'm more excited about that purchase than my upcoming purchases on the year!

beruo

beruo: What's the hybrid situation?

Not surprisingly unchanged! Currently in a state of hybernation. I'll be looking to try the Nickent, Sonartec, and Callaway (and whatever else tickles me later). I've been so busy focusing on stuff that shouldn't matter, well it does matter--I got a new driver to test, and you've seen my new putter! :birthday: Crap! what was that New Years Resolution again? Nevermind I was smart enough not to make one! :birthday:

I'll update once I know what's going on, which could be a while (oh, I got new wedges too).

beruo

Here's the one addition/change to my bag--but it's just a wedge change so not worth doing the full overhaul just yet. Wedges are now Callaway Forged + Vintage, that were pimped by Scratch Golf. 60* was bent to 58* and 52* to 53*, with a dropped heal and trailing edge grinds done by Jeff McCoy (Mc). I really like the antique finish--kind of like having an extremely even rust applied. MAYA is my wife's name, and MIKA is my daughter's middle name (and she was born May 3rd--thus the 5*3 for the 53).

beruo

• 2 weeks later...

Nice sticks beruo, but how much does golf matter when you have such a cute little daughter!!

Like the idea with the names on the wedges....

..... and by the way.

I recently tried swinging as a lefty, geeez that is so much harder.

Listen Man, I have to know... I tried it both and swinging right is so much easier!! (cool)

Tried it both - no comparison, c'mon this sport is difficult enough...

• 4 weeks later...

George,

Your sticks are backwards man... stop playing with photoshop and get them pointed in the right direction.

Also, your daughter is beautiful - I gaurantee she gets her good looks from Mommy!

Matt

gimme just a little more time...

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your sticks are backwards man... stop playing with photoshop and get them pointed in the right direction.

Also, your daughter is beautiful - I gaurantee she gets her good looks from Mommy!

Ah, if only my photoshop skill were as good as my golf skill. :golfer: Good call on the guarantee though--she definitely gets her looks from her Mommy, but her crappy attitude and inability to clean up after herself . . . that's all Daddy! :cheesy:

Beruo, I like the Cally wedges. The finish looks great....along with the stampings. I knew deep in your heart you wanted to be just like Phil! (cool)

Nah--Phil gets his clubs as soon as he wants, no turnaround time on his stuff. I do like the antique finish that Scratch puts on their clubs, but it wears faster than tighty-whities on a fat kid. I am, however, convinced that the antique finish is a byproduct of a club's natural aging process (5 months to put a grind on is a tad excessive! ;) ). Plus Phil wishes he had my short game. That way he'd get 8 strokes a side in every tournament he plays. :D

Anyway, thanks for all the compliments guys. The bag's been good to me up till now, but I've got to take some more pictures. Hybrid and 3 wood have been changed out, but neither are locked in yet. Putter has been holding at the Serge Deschamps HCOG proto blade. Great putter, but possibly not exactly what I need (allignment problems that precede the putter). After all gets shaken up, the gamer will probably pan out to be the TP MILLS. My daughter's bag will be taking shape some time soon, I'll post when that comes about. :ok:

• 1 month later...

Crap. I definitely need to take some new pics! Irons and driver are the same . . . for now, but everything else has changed since the first post. Ah well, it could be worse . . . rather than having to update after 7 months, I could be Reid and have to take all new pictures after 2 weeks! :crazy:

Yes...please Beruo....Update those pics. I know you've been doing your share of "ho-ing" that you need an update badly!

Thank you for being kind too! 2 weeks....I wish....I think it's closer to four days and the sig's not matching again. :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

No offense, but those might be the ugliest irons I've ever seen!! Looks like a set of irons that belongs to a hacker!! :yahoo:

AWESOME POSTING!!! :yahoo:

Have you ever seen me claim anything other than a 15 handicap (trending from a vanity to sandbagger's 15 though). I guess when you were banned from peddling your second-hand clubs in the BST, and promised to make contributions to the rest of the forums even I overestimated your capabilities. How 'bout we give you a 90 day posting suspension, that way you can learn how to play nice in the sandbox. :bad:

Well, fortunately for me we have great Golfwrx'ers like GoldClam who are kind enough to offer suggestions as to what we all should be playing. :yahoo: Hopefully the set that I'm currently playing will pass muster, but if not I do have some backups in the wing. So please forgive me as I quote myself, just so I have a record of what I was playing last year (shoot--I thought the XXIO's were nice :bad: ). Thanks to all for the feedback so far. :bad:

Due to popular demand (not really), I figured it was about time to finally post a WITB. At press time my bag was composed of:

9º R510TP w/757X

15º MP-001 w/AJ Tech Tour 75X

18º Fli Hi II w/TT S300

3-PW XXIO w/NSPro 950GHS

53º & 60º 588 TSC's w/TT S200

DASS Tour Special BB18

Brief mini-reviews of stuff are as follows:

Driver: I love this driver. I wouldn't mind getting a new one as the 510TP is starting to get somewhat long in the tooth, but this combination has served me well for a bit and has really come off strong in the last year as I stopped ball-hopping. Oh, I use the Mizuno HC because I like the zipper, is easy maneuver, and isn't the hideous eyesore the TP cover is.

3 wood: Another great club. This is a little less secure than my driver for no reason in particular, but is just solid. Very multipurpose and very reliable.

Utility: Out of favor. I hardly touch this club anymore and has all but become a chipper. I really need to try some other utilities because this club is sucking the life out of my bag (the headcover matches though!) :yahoo:

Irons: OMG, how do you spell forgiveness? XXIO!!! The shafts in these are a little weak for my taste, but I can't argue with the results. It turns out that I'm not all that good, but these irons really help to hide the stink. :bad:

Wedges: The 588 headshape is perfect to my eye. I'm starting to experiment more and more with wedges, especially now that my putter is set, but will always come back to the 588's of some itineration(probably).

Putter: This putter is perfect. :bad: That's all I got to say about that.

A49870E9-90BE-4F8D-B228-F29338B2392F.jpeg.0e8f12e8807cb16b98f989ada921659b.jpeg

A0B3311E-52AE-47AB-A7D2-0E6769B6B1DB.jpeg.b08a7df02b4b7c0d321974f5a1bd2120.jpeg

6F352ECF-95EE-4792-8A7F-33D01157E175.jpeg.79fb699e0d92d0159988af691bab1fd9.jpeg

7051580B-D122-4586-B1E4-A9C558DF8231.jpeg.b04ae4be627b7dbe42a16762f2619150.jpeg

And my daughter (at 2&1/2 y.o.). :bad:

She counts because she's always "in my bag," playing with my clubs.

EBD40044-C156-4AE7-AFB2-5890AE4EC443.jpeg.59cec28f90051727322650c2a8565c37.jpeg

Let me know what ya think.

beruo