Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD 56*M & 59*M, 64* Recoil Proto 95 f4

Piretti Matera Elite

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How? You ignore the facts (including video) to excuse his excusing his behavior.The "lots of other guys do it" nonsense.Didn't gain an advantage? This is the worst - you only care if they got away wit

Wow, just about the most cheater enabling post I've read on here in awhile. And 4-5 inches behind the ball? You might look at the vid. The sand came from right behind the ball and was tossed back and

I'd guess he'll be a favorite at the John Deere Classic.

Haven't checked on this in a day or so....have we doxxed him or boycotted and picketed his sponsors yet?

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Ping G410 LST 13 w/Ping Tour 75
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

SGC #002 flow neck 385g

To me, while neither is particularly honorable, there's a mile of difference between gaming the system and bald-face cheating. The Kuchar, McCarron, Langer type situations are guys pushing the rules to arguably disingenuous limits, but they're doing it in plain sight and not trying to hide it. They're exploiting the rules.

What Reed did here, and before, is the kind of sneaky, "you didn't see that" cheating that this game, more than any other, abhors. It's as offensive as a guy dropping a ball down the side of his leg and yelling "found it." And to compare it to routine penalties in other sports as some have done in this thread, or to claim "you can't judge Patrick you don't know what his intent was" is just self-righteous tripe.

The man was shown on TV to be cheating on as grand a scale as we've ever seen televised in this game, and people are going to talk about it. As they should. And yes, they're probably even more incensed that it's Reed because his previous behavior, and the feedback given so readily by so many around him (including his own family for heaven's sake), tells us this guy is bad news.

• Like 3

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

Anyone else watching the live coverage on the Golf Channel? Reed was suppose to come to the podium at 10pm Eastern, then it was changed to 10:30pm, and he still hasn’t shown up. Wonder if they are still prepping him on what to say and what not to say.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

Jesus, this guy has no scruples. He doubled down on the fact that he didn’t know he moved the sand. He also said it would be cheating if he did it intentionally, but since he didn’t have any intention to break the rules, he isn’t a cheater.

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

His explanation is ridiculous. Anyone that moved the amount of sand he did would have felt it. And should have seen it. He should have said he simply had a brain fart and thought he had more lead way in a waste bunker to ground his club. Even that would be hard to accept as all pros knows the do's and don'ts in a waste bunker. He already had a cheating reputation from college.....this just adds to his poor reputation. Something that he will never overcome.

• Like 1

My senior bag.......

Callaway Rogue 9.0* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4,5 hybrids reg
Cobra F9 SL  6-g irons
Ping Glide 52* & 58*
Ping CrazE putter
Datrex 15 way IDS cart bag - black

Branded hammering him right now

Ping G400 Max Graphite Design AD XC 6x

Ping G400 5w Blueboard ion 73x G400 7w GD PM902s

Callaway Apex 4h 23* KK Slvr 80x Apex 5h 26* Fubuki 82x

Mizuno 919T 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 95 f4

Piretti Matera Elite

How can Reed say he didn’t know he moved sand ... it is sooooo visually apparent

when they pull up round 2 issues it will get worse for Reed

Piretti Matera Elite

Someone should have 16th hole round 2 still on their pvr

Piretti Matera Elite

Perhaps he was sugar coating it, but I think Rory was genuinely giving an honest opinion. He has not been known to sugar coat much when it comes to his opinions on golf. Pretty honest. To me what is puzzling is that he knows the camera was right behind him and still does it? Weird.

Golf Digest does some articles that interview undercover pros and the spill the beans on what they see on the course at PGA tour events. There are lots of pros on tour that break rules covertly but don't get caught.

Further proof that nobody was fooled, and he has no friends on the team. Remember JT is Spieth's buddy, and those two definitely did not get along. I didn't even see the Reed video till just now, thinking it was just a few grains. Dude was blatantly moving sand away purposefully. It wasn't like he just touched it and called it on himself. He excavated a good amount of sand, materially (this doesn't even matter) improving his lie, twice. I think he thought it was OK, since he does it plenty in the rough. I've seen him do it with different clubs pretending like he's check to see how it sits. That's BS and should be outlawed IMO.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic SZ Driver 9
TM Aeroburner TP 3 wood
3H (19), 4H (22) Aeroburner TP
Mizuno MP-15 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
Scotty Phantom X6 STR

Quoted over night as saying - “I wasn't trying to improve a lie. If you break the rules unintentionally, it's not cheating." In other news, Bill Clinton did not intended to have relations with that women so really, he wasn’t cheating on Hilary.

If the guy had shown some remorse over the situation, I may have been tempted to cut him some slack but now, that boat has well and truly set sail on that possibility. He has only gone and made the target on his back even bigger.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

I will say one thing though. If there is one guy on tour who if he never spoke to another player or reporter he would be fine with it.... It's Reed. People who are narcissists are always convinced beyond a doubt that every issue they come across is someone else's fault or problem.

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Titleist 818H2 19*

Titleist 816H2 23*
Wilson V6's  4-GW
Ping Glide
58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

I've never seen a guy start a practice swing with his club grounded right behind the ball. Every player I've seen take a practice swing stands to the side. I have hit sand with my backswing, and I've noticed it, and it was nowhere the amount of sand he moved TWICE! He cheated his big old butt off, and now he's lying about it.

Wow. I tell you. I’m leaning more toward loathing this like i loathe my local cheaters. And I’m the guy who will give anybody the benefit of the doubt. But this is pretty hard to defend. It’s very very obvious. Even changes clubs from the scoopier backed wedge to a straight backed iron to hit the actual shot.

Mavrik 10.5 * KBS TD Category 5 

Mavrik subzero 16.5 * Tensie CK blue 80TX 

Mavrik subzero 18* Accra TZ6 85-m5

Titleist T100 4-pw modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 raw 50*54*58 v grind Amt s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

You're right. There is a mile of difference between gaming the system and bald-face cheating. Bald-faced cheating is more honorable.

Reed got caught. He got punished, and we all eventually move on...congratulating ourselves all along the way for being better than that cheater Reed. The game and its integrity are maintained.

Gaming the system is entirely dishonorable since it chips away at the fabric of the game. By staying within the rules, wink-wink, Kuchar has done nothing wrong except to give respectability to unseemly behavior and to give "power" to the insufferable Rules martinets who pop up to defend his behavior as being wholly within the rules and who admonish the lay folk for applying their God-given good sense of "right and wrong".

Yes, Reed is the bad guy and got punished and vilified for it. But, it's the folks like Kuchar who are doing more damage to the game that we all love, since he violates the spirit of the game and chips away at its integrity with every one of his odd rules interpretations that feckless rules officials approve.

PS, I'm agnostic about McCarron or Langer since the putting rule is impossible to enforce anyway without electronic sensors or some other nonsense...and because, frankly, it's a dumb rule to begin with.

I think it's fair that he gets the criticism, he makes his own bed but to everyone thinking that any pro should be ale to feel what he is doing withhis club, how do we explain a certain player, at his own tournament, pushing the ball through the sand, then double hitting it, then just playing dumb "I didn't feel it" to avoid penalty?

PGA T needs to crack down on these rules gaffs. If we are to expect, and rightly so, that players are to police themselves then we should expect them to know and apply the rules.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

Here's what's expected of the players:Rule 1.2a All players are expected to play in the spirit of the game by acting with integrity – for example, by following the Rules, applying all penalties, and being honest in all aspects of play.https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/rules-of-golf/rules-and-interpretations.html#!ruletype=fr&section=rule&rulenum=1

Certainly most players comply, sadly some don't.

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.

Your post is very thoughtful, but I would ask who is doing more damage to the game? Someone who exploits a rule in plain site, or the rules officials and committees who allow him to do this?

I asked earlier in the thread why some cheating we almost view favorably, or at least differently. Like its what "winners " do to get that extra advantage. I used commiting intentional fouls when the ref isn't looking or etc as an example. We rarely "hate " those players and sometimes even revere them for wanting it more than the next guy. For being "crafty"

The main response was that in those sports there are several refs and replays etc....so it's on the ref to catch it, not the player.

I have a hard time faulting a guy for taking advantage of the rules in plain view of an official. Why not? It happens in every single sport. Golf I'd almost encourage it given all the times we've seen the rules blatantly screw someone

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Ping G410 LST 13 w/Ping Tour 75
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

SGC #002 flow neck 385g

Tom Brady (air), Lance Armstrong and many of the MLB and NFL (doping), the list goes on and on. We all want to think pro athletes have sound morals but in the end, they're looking for that "competitive edge" - no matter how they get it.

Titleist TS2 w/PX Evenflow 10.5
Titleist TS2 3W w/PX Evenflow 15.0
Mizuno MP20 HMB 2-PW w/Modus Tour120
Cleveland CBX2 52 & 58 w/Modus Wedge 115
Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport M2 / ProV1