Reeds scrape away

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How? You ignore the facts (including video) to excuse his excusing his behavior.The "lots of other guys do it" nonsense.Didn't gain an advantage? This is the worst - you only care if they got away wit

Wow, just about the most cheater enabling post I've read on here in awhile. And 4-5 inches behind the ball? You might look at the vid. The sand came from right behind the ball and was tossed back and

I'd guess he'll be a favorite at the John Deere Classic.

Not sure if he's mentally strong, or if he really DGAF what anyone thinks about him.

He tried to get his parents kicked out of the Masters. He refuses to try to patch things up with them, after all they did to jumpstart his career. He's got a bit of a loose screw somewhere and the DGAF attitude is his defense mechanism.

Maybe that's the same thing as being mentally strong. Don't know.

• Like 2

Asking professional athletes to police themselves is a recipe for disaster in this day and age. Too much money, and shame seems to have disappeared from society. I fear golf is headed down that road.

Personally, I think the game is more entertaining with PR types out there. But I'm not playing against him for my living.

I’m a lil late to the party with Isaac’s response and it was only by luck that when I jumped into the thread, it hit me square in my good eye?, however it’s refreshing in that he brings a Player’s perspective to the discussion.

What I love about his posts are that they are devoid of personal feelings, likes, dislikes and all of the white noise that enters into soooo many of the posts in a thread like this.

That, combined with the fact that as a former Pro and currently a decorated +4 Am, he brings the mental focus and discipline that those who’ve competed, be they a Plus Am or a Pro, bring to a situational analysis such as this.

Does that mean it’s gospel?

Of course not, don’t be a moron?

However it does give ya a look into the thoughts, opinions and views of a guy who’s “been there done that.”

While 98%+ cannot and will not understand this, hopefully there are those on that journey and they can benefit from his pearls when he posts em.

Very Nicely Played

Regarding Brooksy’s comment, well, I’ve spoken to that in the other thread and all that I’ll say is that love him or loathe him, CAP is back, he thrives on this lil girl playground banter, and come September, he’s gonna once again perform & win on the grandest stage in golf!!

Oh, and yea, Justine’s just fine??

And no, no meds for this post, haha?

Been off em for 4 months?

Stay Well Gents and have a great week?

RP

2O46T7THWEIY.jpeg

JV6SKG2UU9D9.jpeg

F7UH6AZ4TEEW.jpeg

• Like 2

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Richard

The more I watch Patrick Reed, the more impressed I am with him. And by impressed I’m strictly speaking about his golf and his ability to focus with all of the circus going on around him. He may or may not be a terrible person. I’ve personally never met him him. But I would definitely want him on my team in a match!

I agree, he wouldn't see the sand itself move. It was dry sand, so I'm not sure a color difference would be obvious. Dry sand moves pretty easily, so maybe he didn't feel it, although Koepka thinks otherwise. I just don't know for certain whether it was unintentional, or whether he knew he did it (unintentionally) and hoped to get by, or whether he was trying to cheat. I just don't know, and I don't believe that anyone else can really be certain.

Glad you posted this here! I'm pretty sure the fans were commenting on the practice swing and then Player asked them to quiet down. I mean...Gary, you have a 4 stroke lead and to do that move on the final hole? Come on. No way I would try this when playing in my club or friend matches. I would get called out, loose hole/stroke penalty and/or get into a fistfight if I stood my ground. I'm not mad, just disappointed... ;)

Believe it or not, Twitter almost crashed just minutes after GP hit that shot with all the keyboard warriors calling for his head. A lot of his defenders tried to blame it on the bigger American ball. If it hadn't have been for the Nixon Tapes coming out shortly thereafter, the internet probably wouldn't have moved on from GP's cheating.

Congrats to Patrick Reed. Way to hang in there, take care of business and ignore all the social media hidden loons that think shallow finger pointing opinions have importance. Social media gave voices to big nose lousy judgmental people that otherwise wouldn't or shouldn't have one. Thank God, they can hide behind a keyboard.

• Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei AV White "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW - Tensei AV White "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 - Tensei AV White "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 Tensei AV White "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • Dash-ProV1x, AVX, ProV1
@isaacbm and @Forged4ever
happy to see you two agree with me. Lol. Now. We may all be crazy. That for sure. But if you pile enough crazy together you can call it a focus group. ?... refreshing to read some common sense on this subject for once.
  • Like 1

Titleist tsi2 9*  Accra RPG gold 462 M5 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

TM Sim tour 19*  Aldila proto 95TX  

Titleist T100 4-pw MMT 125TX 

Vokey sm7 50 54 58 MCI 125 mild  

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Cheating implies intent...as far as I know, no one knows what Patrick Reed was up to when he violated the rules. He broke a rule, and was assessed a penalty...just like every other sport in the world.

The only people who seem to care are a few keyboard warriors...didn't hear much booing on the course, and my guess is by this summer it will be forgotten by all but a few people.

Kutch was villian #1 last year for a few months....didn't hear a peep out at Riviera last week. Nor any abuse towards PR.

The media needs garbage to feed on every day...as do internet forums.

Couldn’t agree more Pepper!

I hope that ya had a nice Holiday Season, Great New Year and Fairways & Greens⛳️ this season?

Stay Well My Friend?

RP

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

The more he has been criticized the more I have started to pull for him. When he breaks a rule, he takes the penalty and moves on. He is not popular with the guys I play with and I understand to an extent. However, penalties happen in every sport. I don't see moving some sand near as grievous as trying to take the head off of a defenseless receiver, or a boxer swinging well after the bell, etc.. In all of the mentioned cases though, rules are broken and penalties are assessed and the world keeps turning.

I think I became an actual fan this morning when I was listening to a golf talk show on the radio and the host labeled Reed as a narcissist. You are an amazing clinician when you can diagnose that condition by watching a guy play a few rounds of golf. You are truly gifted when you can diagnose that condition without any training in the field. Throwing labels like that around on a national broadcast is IMO WAY more grievous than moving some sand.

Just another guys opinion.

• Like 2

Callaway Epic Max with Tensei Blue Raw

TM Sim Max 5 wood with Ventus Blue

TM Sim Max 3 hybrid with Ventus Blue

TM M6 5 hybrid with Hzrdus 

Srixon ZX5 5i&6i with Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX7 7i- PW with Recoil 95 F4

52 and 56 degree Ping Forged with Recoil 110 F4

60 Glide 2 with SF 110

Ping Prime Tyne or Spider Tour Black

he take the penalty and moves on. What about the times his penalties are not caught. You can't tell me that was the first time with a straight face. Peter Kostiss stated he has seen Reed improve lies 4 times atleast. He is good enough to win without cheating. I won't even root for him in a Ryder Cup anymore. We all get opinions, to each their own.

• Like 1

The difference between an oopsie and intent is how many times someone does oopsies. When you break the rules multiple times on multiple occasions, it’s no longer accidental.

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-UW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Ah yes, peter kostis who only opened his mouth the second he was fired from CBS. Never said a peep for years but now suddenly his virtuousness matters... hes desperate to stay relevant. Everything is on tv, other than some jealous ex college teammates who never made it in pro golf hes never had any issues until this, which he was penalized for. get over it.

other players have had plenty of shady oopsies, way more than reed. This is strictly a personal issue. People need to be honest and just preface their comments with I hate the guy and then proceed to spew trash. They tried this crap with Phil at the Mexico WGC when he got relief in the woods a few years ago because of sprinkler pipes that were literally sticking out of the ground next to his ball impeding his stance swing. 40-50 guys in here were all calling him a cheater. its out of hand and at some point the adults need to act like it. His explanation irked people yet woodland confirmed in the tent he explained it calmly and reasonably.

There have been far more players that have criticized Reed on Tour than have defended him because they know Reed can't be trusted to call a penalty on himself. It's contradictory for you say we can't really determine if Reed intentionally broke the rules even though he does it again and again and again (at least 5x that Kostis saw), but you know everyone else's intentions on a message board and that those who criticize Reed do so because of a personal issue that doesn't have anything to do with his actions. No, his actions for years are the reason why he's in this scenario. The reason that Reed is in the boat he's is is because of how he's acted on and off the course. Reed doesn't want you defending him either, he prefers it this way. Reed has gotten away with cheating in the past and every time he's used that to energize his game. Unless he loses a big tournament or a major as a result of the cheating, I don't think Reed plans on stopping. It's win-win for him.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-UW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Yep. Don’t get me started on the folks in the world who think it’s a crime to distance yourself from your parents. I get it. If you’re sheltered by great parents , you can’t imagine. But. If you aren’t , it’s a perfectly reasonable decision. It’s a simple as eliminating a source of constant heartache from your life. In other words , of everytime you see a person , that person makes you feel sick. Do you want to feel sick daily , weekly ? No ? So what do you do ? Either be Sick or not. Easy choice.

now of course. We don’t know the story. But. We can reasonably deduce that there’s way more to it than “ Justine won’t let him “. That’s pure nonsense. It’s an excuse all people use to say why someone won’t come around. It’s never true. A person generally does what he or she wants eventually. She maybe giving him “ permission “ to do it. But he’s not acting as a puppet. His other actions surely show that he does his own thing.

not shot at you Vin. Just crazy that people allow the media to make a story of that. If He’s a female the media would give him permission not to be around an unhappy situation. But a dude. No. He’s supposed to go home every week and “ take it like a man “. Life’s too short. I’m certain his parents have made the bed they are lying in. It’s so odd or rare that people are offended by it. Stop and think why would this rarity happen ? Hmmm. Doubt it’s because his home was a good place to be.

• Like 2

i don’t think that’s universally true. I mean what is the metric? Twice , thrice ?

I’ve had several speeding tickets in my life. Each time it was when talking and not paying attention to the speed limit change. Just riding with traffic. I’d consider each an “oopsie “. As in I wasn’t consciously driving 50 in a 40. Or whatever. Just rolling along.

his Home life is his business I would never claim to know or care for that matter. A video showing him cheating is a different story. How anyone can deny he cheated is beyond me. Whether you still like and root for him that’s your prerogative. But hey, I still root for Tiger so not saying I’m a morale compass.

It’s pretty easy. I don’t know what he was thinking then. Nor do I know what he saw or felt. Unlike Brooks who has now claimed to be a savant , I do not possess those powers of black magic.

I am still not convinced Reed cheated...yes the video may look compelling from that angle, but as I have said, he knew there was a camera on him. I can't imagine anyone blatantly cheating knowing they are being scrutinized. 

Yes, he may not be the most popular player, lol, but I enjoy watching him play. There is a grit and determination there you don't see in a lot of other players. And, to win a WGC during the Koepka/Kostis kerfuffle is even more impressive. I know I couldn't compartmentalize myself that way. 

The problem going forward will be that no matter what Reed does it will look wrong in the eyes of many golf fans...for example, that video posted earlier of the way he marked his ball. There are those who are convinced Reed is a conniving cheater and nothing will sway them of that opinion. 

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here, as I don't believe he, or anyone, would cheat while under observation. Those that are convinced he cheated undoubtedly think I am wrong, which is fine as this is after all just my opinion.