Reed's Shovel Gesture @ PC2019

And after the Ryder Cup - fool me once!

As reminded on Morning Drive this morning with a reference to Tesori - it was suggested, mostly in jest, that Tiger is getting even with Tesori (Webb's caddie/coach) for Tesori wearing the "Tiger Who?" hat when he was caddying for Vijay in the 2000 President's Cup - Tiger didn't think it was funny, lol. And he and Tesori made up and have had a lot of fun with it, just tossing this in in case anyone heard the comment and wondered what was being talked about.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Patrick: "Hey, it's me, myself and I."   Tiger: "Get three coffins ready."  

He's handling exactly how I thought he would which is to say completely wrong but he wont care.

Got to feel sorry for Simpson being stuck with the guy for the 3rd straight day coming up.

I am all for some emotion and light-hearted banter, but when you do it after holing a putt to tie hole - That's pretty lame to me.

Callaway Mav SZ 3D 9

TaylorMade M2 DF 16.5

TaylorMade M3 19

Titleist U500 23

Yonex CB-301 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 2.0 [email protected], [email protected]

Vokey SM8 58T @ 59

Ping Anser

I was specifically referring to people who seem to bring up his relationship with his family and how they hold that against Reed. We don't know what went on with the relationship and why exactly they don't speak. There is speculation, but that's about it.

All the other incidents you listed are valid complaints against him. I just don't think this action was that big of a deal.

And yes, behavior is a personal choice, especially as an adult. I have seen great kids come from terrible homes, and terrible kids come from great homes. I was just agreeing that parental behavior usually shows up in the child as well.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM2 set 1 click lower- shaft TBD 

Fairway:  M3 3HL with Diamana Whiteboard 80s

Hybrids: 19* Adams 19* Proforce V2 85f4
Irons: 3 X Forged Utility (Proforce VTS 104s); 4 iron X Forged Utility, 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro:  All shafted with Modus 125s
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (All Raw with Modus 125 Wedge shafts) 48* bent to 49*, 52* Mid bent to 53*, 56* Mid bent to 58*. 

Putter: White Hot OG 7s or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

As for the actual gesture - I guess if you are going to engage in silliness with the fans, probably best to have some results to back it up, lol.

The "shushing" thing was kind of funny at the time and all that, but when you are losing (yet again) and some jackwagon yells after you stroke your putt, why dignify it at all? Not real professional and the gesture just draws more attention to a controversy you fueled with your own behavior (yet again) that you should just let roll off your back, IMO. Amping that up isn't helping Simpson or any other teammates at all. You get even by making putts and actually winning points - it's a golf tournament.

Wrong gesture, bad timing in my view. I thought he was off base this time with that.

lol. Not excuses. But you can’t use 1 and 2 as indisputable fact. He was never proven to be a thief. None of that ever came out as accusation until after his fame. His team mates didn’t like him. That’s fact. They also weren’t close to his talent level. Fact. The Augusta state team wasn’t on the map until he arrived. Fact. They complained after his star had started to shine. Sounds like jealousy to me. .

Look. What you have is a person with a personality disorder. He’s like a dog that hasn’t been properly socialized. It will lash out when in a situation of not being comfortable. Why ? Fear and insecurity. No life form is born that way. That’s a learned behavior.

Ive lived it with my father in law. He’d qualify as father of the year to anyone who didn’t know him. But he’s literally the most insecure person I’ve ever met. And will manipulate with every sentence he speaks to keep his bubble inside his zone of comfort. And if something doesn’t go his way. The smallest thing. He will lash out. Not violence , not necessarily loud scenes , but by manipulating the situation from every angle he has access to until he either gets his way or the situation implodes. The Reed parents actions of showing up unwanted to major tournaments, etc etc are exactly that behavior. As in. “ if he won’t let us in , well just go and ruin it for him “ all with a victims meekness that makes you want to dig a hole and push Them in. Most people have not know this type manipulation. But it’s out there. And it wears the face of innocent wholesome suburbia , and creates social leper’s like Reed.

• Like 1

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw   modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Reed makes Sims look good.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

Gotta disagree. If he was going to make a gesture or comment in response to the fan for pity’s sake don’t make one that reminds people you’ve been accused of cheating. Cursing, giving the finger, grabbing his crotch, they would have been bad enough, but don’t remind everyone your an accused cheater. The shovel gesture looked like “Yeah, I cheated. Get over it.”

• Like 1

Yeah - see my entire Point #2

PING G400 Max - Matrix F7M2 (s)

3W: Titleist TS2 - Matrix 8M2 (s) 

3H: PING G25 - TFC 189H (ts)

4H: PING G410 - Tour AD-95(s)

5H: Callaway Apex - Fujikura 904HB (r)

5i-PW: Srixon z545/z745 combo - Modus 125 (s)

49*: PING Glide - DG S400

54*: Vokey SM8 Raw S-Grind - DG S400

59*: Vokey SM4 Raw S-Grind - Modus 125w

Putter: Evnroll ER5B - BGT Tour Stability - P2 Classic Core

Don't worry I can't stand Reed, but I think it's important to differentiate between what would have been "in the spirit of the match" for any other player and what made it such a bad move on his part in that context. But, I can't think of anyone else who would do something that dumb. Not really sure how you can taunt the opposing fanbase by making fun of yourself for cheating and getting caught...

That moment just shows how much that dude is thinking about the outside noise right now. He was begging for a chance to "retaliate"(?), and instead of looking fiery and competitive (like old Ryder Cup days) he just looks frustrated and unlikable.

As for the heckling.

He’s in Australia, it comes with the territory in a team event like this.

Cricket is the national sport and Australia invented the tactic of sledging within that sport. Look it up.

Australians love to sledge, I guarantee you ‘miss it’ and the ‘shovel’ is the least of what he’s copped from the crowd this tournament.

Is Patrick Reed’s Captain America image dead? He sure has not added much from a competitive standpoint the past two team competitions. Seems to be a big distraction more than anything else.

Driver: TaylorMade M3
3W: Ping G400
3H & 4H: Ping G410
5H:  Ping G
6 - SW: Ping G25
58*: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Bounce
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Black 7s

Not many will stand up for PR, I get it!

I've always liked the guy, all the rumors about his college issues are just that, rumors!

Regarding the bunker indecent, I do wish he would just come out and admit/apologize for what he did or explain what he says he actually did or didn't do.

Unfortunately if he did apologize I don't think many PR haters would forgive him, as many of the Tiger haters still haven't forgiven Tiger for his personal misgivings.

Most of us worshiped and loved Arnold Palmer but he wasn't a saint either, on or off the course. RIP Arnold, sorry for referencing you.

lol ... apologize for trying to get away with improving one's lie? ... that's not a mistake ... that's a character trait ...

and bringing up palmer ... good grief ... what did palmer do on the course? (and who gives a rip about what he did off the course) ...

This is adding some extra spicy into the recipe.

DRIVER PING G425 MAX - 9° - PING TOUR 65 X-STIFF

3W PING G410 PLUS - 14.5° - PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 85

2i TITLEIST T-MB 718 - 17° - TRUE TEMPER AMT TOUR WHITE S300

4i-PW TITLEST AP2 718 - TRUE TEMPER AMT TOUR WHITE S300

50° TITLEIST AP2 718 BLACK - TRUE TEMPER AMT TOUR WHITE S300

56° & 60° TAYLORMADE HI-TOE - KBS HI-REV 2.0 120

PUTTER TAYLORMADE SPIDER EX BLUE

BALL BRIDGESTONE TOUR BX

Yea but I mean at same time, it would be tough not to react that way. When you get heckled for a few days in a row and lose all your matches and someone runs up to you saying saying offensive stuff, can be very hard to hold back. I would want my caddie into have my back. Anyway, reed put himself in that situation

Which really just means he’s unlikable all the time lol

im just still mad that he held on by one stroke over Rickie at the Masters. Sometimes the golf gods do strange things

What do we Americans do when these teams are on our soil?

just read his caddie was removed for punching or shoving a fan. Jeez, it just keeps getting worse.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX