Bridgestone Golf Tour B 2020 Lineup

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took two brand new 2020 BX to the course yesterday to try. Par 3 177 ish water short and right of the green - Punchy 7 iron - shank into the water, lost the ball on the first swing. Drop my second

Just because scores don't automatically come down doesn't mean the balls stop following the rules of physics. There are plenty of high handicappers with wildly different swing characteristics - launc

I'm the biggest variable when I play golf. That doesn't mean I shouldn't work to eliminate all the other variables I can.

Couples was under contract with Bridgestone when he played the B-X or B-XS (not sure which). Do you think he got more $$ to switch to the B-RXS? That is one of my points--he switched balls within the Bridgestone lineup while already under contract with Bridgestone. Doesn't appear to be a $$ driven decision but I could be wrong!

The WRX instagram account had a bunch of long snaps from the Bstone tour truck last night showing the new cover material and what it does.

Looked interesting.

Still gonna try and get a sample pack at the PGA show on Friday if I can.

Mavrik + ATMOS TS Black / Mavrik 4W + ATMOS TS Blue / Mavrik Pro 3H + ATMOS TS Blue / XForged UT + ATMOS TS Black / Apex 19-Pro + C-Taper / MD5 / Odyssey SL Black 7 + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

I'm very intrigued by the claims. I can't wait to get my hands on some and test them against the current BX. I wonder if the cover is going to throw the Trackman smash factors for a loop...

SIM 9° Diamana D+ LTD 60TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
TaylorMade TP UDI 3i- Recoil 110 F5

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S
SM8 58M
Scotty Studio Stainless NP2 

Somehow, regardless of clubhead speed, golfers are all gaining 1.5 MPH of ball speed. That's the claim at least. How much ball speed did the Pro V1 add to balata balls? Is this 2020 Bridgestone ball more or less than what the Pro V1 added?

Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80S)
Ping i20 3-UW (PXi 6.0, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I love the Bridgestone Balls, but their recommendations based on swing speed are pretty bad. The RX spins less than the X and XS balls, and (at least in the previous version) had about the same compression as the XS. The thought is that below 105MPH, you won't lose much if any distance off the driver by going to the RX, and you'll gain more distance by knocking spin off your irons with that ball. In my personal experience though, most amateurs struggle to get enough spin, and would be better off going with the most spin they can off their irons.

Yea on that big ball test the RX was a few yards short on the drive compared to the X. But the RX was much longer on the 7 iron. I love the X but debating trying the new RX if the spin is a little better greenside, plus it comes in yellow.

Mizuno St190, 8.5*, Tensei White 70X shaft
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Taylormade V-Steel 5 wood, stock stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54* and 58*, SS, Modus 120 stiff
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34"
Bridgestone Tour BX

I tried to find Bridgestone at the PGA Show today but couldnt. I'm assuming they were mixed in with the equipment demos but they were hard to find.

No demo balls for me.

Mavrik + ATMOS TS Black / Mavrik 4W + ATMOS TS Blue / Mavrik Pro 3H + ATMOS TS Blue / XForged UT + ATMOS TS Black / Apex 19-Pro + C-Taper / MD5 / Odyssey SL Black 7 + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

I think the hardest shots to hit consistently are the longest ones from the deck, and while my driver SS is around 108, the compression rating for the RX is perfect for my long irons and 3w. I really get good carry length from this ball, and it's very forgiving on mishits due to the low spin off the low-lofted clubs. I usually plan for 10-15ft of runout on mid-irons but it's totally worth the tradeoff. This ball really gives me effortless gapping on the top end of my bag, if that makes sense. I'm referring to all iterations of the RX variety, with the 2016 B330-RX and 2018 BRX at the top.

• Like 1

TM 2016 M2 12* - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Cally Rogue X 18.5* 4i, Diamana 70 S, 39.75"

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5"

Vokey SM8 54.14F, 60.10S

"Rusty" Byron DH89 Slant Pipe // Byron GSS DH89 Long Slant // GOAT NP2 Tiger Putter

That is exactly what you will find with 2020 Bx... slightly softer feel than 2018 Bx.

TaylorMade SIM Driver 8º ~ Tour AD IZ-6
TaylorMade M5 Fairway 14º & 19º ~ Tour AD IZ-7
Titleist U•510 Iron 4i ~ Project X HZRDUS Black 80
Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5 – PW ~ Project X 6.0 blackout
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Project X 6.0 blackout
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) & 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Project X 6.0 SS blackout
Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140) 
Bridgestone Tour B X

Excited to try these and the new AVX. I picked up a few dozen previous model BX and while I don’t mind them, they just feel sort of heavy off the driver (if that makes sense). Previously played Pro V1 which has superb feel off every club to me so it’s just a different sensation. Excited to try these though as I played the B330S for years and loved them!

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 9 degree with Fujikura Ventus 7X
3 wood: Cobra F9 with Fuji Atmos Black Tour Spec 7x
Hybrid: Mizuno CLK 19 with Fuji Atmos Tour Spec 9X
Irons: New Level 902 5-PW with DG X100, New Level NLU-01 driving iron Hzrdous Smoke 100 6.5
Wedges: New Level M type 50-55-60 
Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy 35"
Ball: Snell MTBX / Srixon Z Star XV

I think the Tour B line is the most complete option for golfers - personally a big fan of the BXS and a few years back shot my best round with the b330 RXS. I am really looking forward to the latest generation.

Is the thought that the newest RXS will be softer than last year? I think the RXS is softer feeling than the B330 RXS -- so wondering if they were going back to a big firmer feel for it.

That is correct... in stores 2/14.

TaylorMade SIM Driver 8º ~ Tour AD IZ-6
TaylorMade M5 Fairway 14º & 19º ~ Tour AD IZ-7
Titleist U•510 Iron 4i ~ Project X HZRDUS Black 80
Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5 – PW ~ Project X 6.0 blackout
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Project X 6.0 blackout
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) & 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Project X 6.0 SS blackout
Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140) 
Bridgestone Tour B X

Had a linky from the grint to get two ball sleeve of either the BXS or BRX for only 1.99. Hopefully it mails out soon. I play the BX now so I went with the BRX to try it out something different.

Mizuno St190, 8.5*, Tensei White 70X shaft
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Taylormade V-Steel 5 wood, stock stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54* and 58*, SS, Modus 120 stiff
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34"
Bridgestone Tour BX

If Freddy C is gonna move from the the XS to the RXS and he hits the ball harder and longer than I do, then I think that's the right ball for me. I have been. Bridgestone fan for many years but I I idk not think I swing hard enough for the X or XS any more either. Besides I like a softer feeling ball and I want yellow this year.

Cobra SZ Xtreme 10.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 44.5"
Cobra F9 14.5  Tensei Blue AV S 42.75"
Cobra F9 5/6 Atmos Blue S 42.50"
Taylormade SIM Hybrid 22*
TM Burner TP (Japan) irons 5-P Nippon 1150 GH Tour X
Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
PING Glide 3.0 58* DG120 S
Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie 33.5" 
Bridgestone 2020 RXS Yellow

That really depends. Couples probably also spins the ball a lot more than you off irons as well. Meaning he can afford to go down to the RXS. I agree that you probably won't lose enough ball speed with the RXS to make a difference that's noticeable with your driver. But if you're already low spin and you start dropping more spin with your irons you probably will.