Bridgestone Golf Tour B 2020 Lineup

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took two brand new 2020 BX to the course yesterday to try. Par 3 177 ish water short and right of the green - Punchy 7 iron - shank into the water, lost the ball on the first swing. Drop my second

Just because scores don't automatically come down doesn't mean the balls stop following the rules of physics. There are plenty of high handicappers with wildly different swing characteristics - launc

I'm the biggest variable when I play golf. That doesn't mean I shouldn't work to eliminate all the other variables I can.

Any difference in feel off the driver? Not that feel is a huge deal but the only complaint off the previous gen that I have is the dead feel off the driver and I wish it had a little more action around the greens. If they improve those - I’m all in.

Driver: Titleist TSI3 9 degree with Fujikura Ventus 7X
3 wood: Mizuno STZ with Fujikura Ventus 7X
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue 11 with Aldila RIP 85X
Irons: New Level 902 5-PW with DG X100, New Level NLU-01 driving iron Hzrdous Smoke 100 6.5
Wedges: New Level M type 50-55-60 
Putter: Evnroll ER5-CS
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X / Callaway Chrome Soft X

Honestly those are the exact two things they improved on. In my opinion feel is better or a tad softer and it definitely spins more around greens. Specifically inside 60 yds. So many time with last years BX I’d try to play little skinny nippers from 25-30 yds and it would just clank off of the face and roll out 15-20 ft. The new ball doesn’t do that.

Titleist TSi3 Ventus Black 6x
Ping G410 14.5 Ventus Blue 7x
Ping G410 19H Tensei Blue TX
TBD

Cleveland Zipcore 52MID/56LOW/60MID

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealh, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
Snell MTB-X
Jones Trouper 2.0

That’s great news. I’m with you on those “nipper” shots. I like playing those and struggled with the BX. Switched to Snell MTB Black and those seem to react well for me. I’ll definitely give these a shot though! Thank you!

Driver: Titleist TSI3 9 degree with Fujikura Ventus 7X
3 wood: Mizuno STZ with Fujikura Ventus 7X
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue 11 with Aldila RIP 85X
Irons: New Level 902 5-PW with DG X100, New Level NLU-01 driving iron Hzrdous Smoke 100 6.5
Wedges: New Level M type 50-55-60 
Putter: Evnroll ER5-CS
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X / Callaway Chrome Soft X

I played the B-RXS this Saturday and loved it. Great all around, and plenty of control/spin around the greens. The past 5 rounds I had been playing a Pro V1, but I love the new B-RXS and will continue to play it this year. Several years back I was fitted for this ball, but never really got into it. This time I plan on sticking with it. I think that for me the combination of distance, spin, feel and trajectory is in tune with what I want in a ball. I've tried a lot of other balls, which I really like but for some reason there is always a trade-off.

Driver - Callaway Rogue
3w - Callaway Rogue
5w - Callaway Rogue
Irons (GW - 4i) - Callaway Rogue
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport
Wedges Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 54 and 60 degrees

For those that play the yellow version of this ball anyone have trouble finding them? My local Dick's/GG doesn't seem to have them and I ordered 4 dozen from golfballs.com but they say they are out of stock at the moment. Anyone else seeing the same?

DRIVER - PING G425 SFT / TITLEIST TSi3 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - TITLEIST TSi3 13.5* &  TSi3 16.5*

HYBRIDS - PXG 0317 X GEN2 19*

IRONS - TITLEIST T300 [5i] / T200 [6i-GW] Combo

WEDGES - CLEVELAND RTX ZIPCORE 52.10 / 56.10 / 60.10

PUTTER - L.A.B. GOLF - DIRECTED FORCE 2.1

PXG 0317 X

Here in Utah it's still cold, so take this with that in mind. I've been playing the new Tour B X and have really liked it. Even in the cold weather it travels within 10 yards of my 'warm weather' drives. It really does spin well off the wedges around the greens too. It does feel firm off the driver and irons, but then again, it's between 40 and 45 degrees outside :(

So far, I'm happy I picked up two dozen of these new balls! :-)

you understand the swing speed thing is a myth, right? it was proven on "you know who's" ball test, that ANY and EVERY swing speed benefits from a firmer ball and everyone will hit it longer with a firmer ball, period. That makes the choices reduced down to 2 in the BX line, either BX or BXS, depending if you want more distance or more spin. the 2 other balls will be shorter by design, no matter the swing speed.

• Like 1

My experience mirrors yours Springvelt. It’s a coin toss for distance with driver, but with irons at least a half club longer and more consistent distances.

PXG  9* 0811 X  Hazardous Smoke Yellow 60g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 3W  Wishon Black 65g Stiff

Wishon 775HS  3 hybrid  Wishon Black Hybrid Stiff

PXG 0211 5-P  DG 105 Regular

Wishon 575MMC  P-A  Wishon Superlight Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0  54*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

Ping Glide 3.0  60*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

PING Anser 3 Goose Neck Putter   

So last night I compared the BX to the '19 TP5x, which I play. On my GC2, spin off the 7 iron was about 500 rpm's higher with the BX. But I was also getting 1-2 mph better ball speed, so distance ended up being the same. The BX ball was launching about .5* lower, so nothing there. My driver swing is garbage at the moment, but I was also getting 1-2 mph faster ball speed off the driver as well. (my swing speed averages around 103 mph with driver). Spin with both averaged 2200 rpm. Launch was again .5* lower with the BX on average. This ball feels so good off the driver. If it will ever dry up down here, I'm going to get the ball on the course. Need to see how I like it with chips and pitches. But I'm already about convinced this will be replacing TP5x for me in 2020.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tour AD TP 6s
Callaway XR Pro TC 16* Hybrid - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 85x
Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
Callaway XR Pro TC 23* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x

Maltby TS-1 5 iron - KBS Tour 120s

Srixon Z745 6-PW - KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*
Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom

SeeMore Nashville One Studio Series

This has nothing to do with swing speed and everything to do with spin. There are very few people who will over compress a ball off irons. The softer ball will spin less with the same ball speed, and hence go further. If you are willing to trade spin for distance off you irons, you can go the RX or RXS. But most of us aren't trying to reduce spin with the irons.

• Like 1

In my opinion most people don’t consider what impacts playing a ball with reduced spin will have on their iron and wedge game. All they care about is the extra yards they gained until they get the dreaded “flyer”. And I suppose there’s an argument to make about playing less club into a green but I find getting the right combo of launch/peak height, spin, descent angle critical to my game. There’s only one TW, I look at Tiger wanting a spiny ball and Mark Crossfield’s comment about the golf course taking spin away from players as reasons why I happily give up a few yards carry for a ball that spins more from. I went to a spinier ball last year and my scores improved despite giving up some yardage for consistency. For us internet golf info lovers, the couple extensive ball tests have opened our eyes but the vast majority of golfers don’t know and don’t care about the benefits they are missing out on. And maybe the new Tour level balls entering the market make it easier to not care because manufacturers have found ways to lower spin where it’s useful to lower it yet keeps high spin at the scoring end of the bag.

Callaway Epic Speed 💎💎💎 10.5° driver Tensei Pro Blue 60S

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5° driver Tensei Pro Blue 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120S 

Mizuno T20 Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120S 

Mizuno T20 Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 

Titleist Pro V1

I guess being an old guy who came up playing wound balls before the balata, I have always had a preference for a softer ball. I remember hating the old “rock flights” of the 70’s and how big a deal it was when Titleist came out with the 80 then 90 compression ball. A few years later when they had the 100, I figured someone must like expensive rock flights with thin skin.

After returning to the game after a 20 year lay off I returned to a game played with a metal watermelon on a stick instead of wood, irons as big as shovels and offset that crossed my eyes. I have noticed though, that one thing never changed. It’s that good ol’ cave man mentality...

“hard ball go far”.

I hit a driver maybe 10-12 times per round. I want a ball that’s compatible with the majority of the game.

I figure they make different balls because each of us will benefit from and/or prefer different characteristics. With my forged traditional loft irons, the last thing I need or want is more spin. Some people need more, I’m not that guy.

For a few seasons I played the hard balls because I was “supposed to”. The B330 was my favorite of the rock variety, then the V1x, then the Z-StarXV.

FInally, I tried the TM Red. It was soft, it flew far and it reminded me of how a golf ball felt when I learned the game.

Since a significant neck injury, I prefer the BRX. I’ve hit it side by side with all the usual higher compression suspects and don’t give up anything off a driver Andy love the feel,my, trajectory and distance off my forged traditional loft irons.

I also don’t go home in pain and I typically don’t end up with a cervical headache because I didn’t pound a rock for 4 hours.

I play a softer ball because it’s best for me and my game.

For you guys that need an extra yard or two off the driver and believe you get increased spin into a green, go pound those rocks and enjoy the game that’s best for you.

• Like 2

PXG  9* 0811 X  Hazardous Smoke Yellow 60g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 3W  Wishon Black 65g Stiff

Wishon 775HS  3 hybrid  Wishon Black Hybrid Stiff

PXG 0211 5-P  DG 105 Regular

Wishon 575MMC  P-A  Wishon Superlight Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0  54*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

Ping Glide 3.0  60*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

PING Anser 3 Goose Neck Putter   

I'm planning in playing the new RXS, not because I may get a few more yards off the irons. I prefer a softer feeling ball, especially off the putter and irons. And I want t ok play a yellow/ green ball. I have been a Bridgestone fan for years. At one point I stopped playing the B330 X becausenit became to firm and clicky. I have never liked the Titleist Pro V, or the Callaway Chromesoft.

Last ye aw r I played the Maxfli Tour, but I think it's kinda firm and clicky too.

Cobra SZ Xtreme 10.5, LAGolf Ulyss 55R 45.25"
Taylormade SimMax 3W Riptide CB 65R 43"
Cobra F9 5/6 Atmos Blue S 42.50"
Taylormade SIM Hybrid 22*
Cobra King Forged TEC 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX f3
Ping Glide 3.0 54 DG 120 S
PING Glide 3.0 58* DG120 S
Cleveland Huntington Soft Premier 11 38.5"
Taylormade 2021 TP5

I received my two ball trial of the new 2020 BRX, so I compared it to the 2019....I putted in living room, 2020 BRX is definitely softer off putter.....so I went out back and chipped with both balls, and i didnt see much difference between the two. both stopped the same on wedge shots....so dont think i will swiutch to new BRX, I have a small stock of prior gens to use up....again feel is subjective