New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had both units. Now, qualifying statement, I only used my Mevo+ for a few weeks before having to send it in for repair for a calibration issue, and get it back this week... I had my Skytrak abo

I chatted with a sales rep online for a couple minutes. Here's what I learned.... -The 5 courses that come with that system can NOT be played online with other players without an E6 connection. That

For those waiting on a unit like me, they are back producing units in South Africa. It will still be a while - but some good news for now.

Posted Images

Ignore the last post. This silly forum interface wouldn't let me get rid of the quote box on mobile and it's been sitting in my text box for a week.

In regards to the Flightscope forums, you're going to disproportionately see people complaining on any official message service attached to a consumer product because the majority of users don't ever post a positive review.

You'll get a more balanced perspective by visiting any of the various golf simulator forums and asking users what they think about it. There's also a few videos out there directly comparing it to EyeXO and GCQuad. Totally fine if it's not for you, but continuing to bash the unit makes it feel like you have an axe to grind. 

• Thanks 1

I am more than happy with mine. Very slight issues with the latest update and the recording function directly from the Mevo - but no problem; this update wasn't expected so i had already bought the GolfSelfie and continue to use that with no issues at all. When a firmware update comes out; i will try again.

I received it a month ago - use it outdoors into a net - using short indoor with 13ft flight.

Mainly using it for Irons at the minute; as that is where i am most poor. 

I've set up E6 from the red tees - and use my irons for the whole round - great fun and builds confidence.

Skills App is great too - I now know that 112 is a good number for my PW and with a poor fade going 103 and straight pull going 120 ish - this knowledge put to the correct use will help my game.

FS Golf needed an update and has got the first part of this week - i was hoping that VX app would integrate - but it looks like they're going the other way and integrating other monitors to the FS Golf app.

The next update due for FS Golf (hopefully next week) improves the Range View into a full 3d range.

• Like 2

I ordered one a few weeks ago.  I also have a Skytrak that I've been using for the past few months.  I decided to purchase the Mevo + because I like what it offers as a package compared to the Skytrak.  Mine will be used 99% of the time indoors and I have plenty of space for it, but reading some of these indoor issues has me worried.  I plan on comparing the Skytrak to my Mevo + when I get it, and sell the one I dislike the most. 

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if the Mevo + has any kind of "normalization" or process for converting range balls into premium ball data?  I'd like to have one of these for dialing in carry distances but  only have access to crappy range balls at my home course.

default_callaway-small.jpg.0667322081ba61f1e13fcf849463e542.jpg

Epic Flash Sub Zero 9 degree (10°)- Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted
Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W (16°)- Hzrdus Smoke
Apex 3 (20°) & 4 (23°) Hybrid- Kuro Kage
'18 Apex MB (8-PW) and '19 Apex Pro (5-7i) Nippon Pro Modus 105 s
MD3 Black 50°, 54° (S Grind), 58° (PM Grind)
Toulon Design Odyssey Atlanta or Stroke Lab Las Vegas
Ball: Bridgestone Tour BX
*Sometimes play strong 3w, 5 wood and 52/58 wedge setup

Shoot, a 14 week lead time...by the time you get it, there may be a better simulator available, haha!

I was so close to buying this the day they came out.  I didn't for a couple reasons but I'm glad its selling well.  Knowing the market supports a $2k home simulator will grab the attention of other companies to hopefully jump in the market.  Skytrak is in desperate need of a new release in my opinion.  Still selling a 2014 console is insane.  Comparing a new mevo+ to a 2014 console is also insane.  

Really want to see one of these companies come in the market with a $3k console with zero added monthly or yearly costs.  Just offer a free platform with a solid amount of opinions/perks.  

Kirkland, come on already!  Let's go!

On 9/10/2020 at 2:36 PM, cmatthews77 said:

Can anyone tell me if the Mevo + has any kind of "normalization" or process for converting range balls into premium ball data?  I'd like to have one of these for dialing in carry distances but  only have access to crappy range balls at my home course.

It does, and a recent SW update made a note of improvements there, however I don't muck with range ball setting much as initially it seemed very off. 

My ranges have decent balls and same brand, so I just stay with 'normal' balls and tend to hit shots with the best one sin the bucket, and warm up with the less shiny.

One of these days I'll hit my normal premium balls on my course for a few shots when its empty and see if it really changes the readings much ?

• 4 weeks later...

My Mevo+ will finally be arriving this week and w/o having to sift through all these threads does anyone know if the Mevo+ needs to be on the same level as the ball.  I will mainly be using this outside. 

DRIVER - TITLEIST TSi3 9* 

FAIRWAY WOODS - TITLEIST TSi3 13.5* &  TSi2 16.5*

HYBRIDS - PXG 0317 X GEN2 19*

IRONS - TITLEIST T300 [5i-6i] / T200 [7i-GW] Combo

WEDGES - TITLEIST VOKEY SM8  54.10S and 58.08M/58.12D

PUTTER - L.A.B. GOLF - DIRECTED FORCE 2.1

BALL - TITLEIST Pro V1x / Maxfli Tour X

PXG 0317 X

20 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

My Mevo+ will finally be arriving this week and w/o having to sift through all these threads does anyone know if the Mevo+ needs to be on the same level as the ball.  I will mainly be using this outside. 

no it does not. if it is below the ball, you can adjust the height of your mat/hitting area in the FS app settings

however, do not put the mevo on something to raise it to the same level, thus leaving a lower area between the mevo and the hitting area

4 hours ago, motts said:

no it does not. if it is below the ball, you can adjust the height of your mat/hitting area in the FS app settings

however, do not put the mevo on something to raise it to the same level, thus leaving a lower area between the mevo and the hitting area

@motts thank you and will do.  Out of curiosity, what happens by leaving a lower area between the mevo and the hitting area?  Inconsistent readings?  Apologies, I just like to know stuff like this. 

PXG 0317 X

19 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

@motts thank you and will do.  Out of curiosity, what happens by leaving a lower area between the mevo and the hitting area?  Inconsistent readings?  Apologies, I just like to know stuff like this. 

yeah from what ive read it leads to inconsistencies, but im not 100% sure. I know the recommended setup from FS is to have everything the same level, then mevo+ on floor with a flat path to the hitting mat, which is above the mevo unit and setting the height setting.

page 16 (20 of the pdf) has the info https://www.flightscopemevo.com/manual/2020-mevo+manual.pdf

@mottsRgr and thanks for the link.

PXG 0317 X

On 9/4/2020 at 11:09 PM, JDMRN81 said:

I ordered one a few weeks ago.  I also have a Skytrak that I've been using for the past few months.  I decided to purchase the Mevo + because I like what it offers as a package compared to the Skytrak.  Mine will be used 99% of the time indoors and I have plenty of space for it, but reading some of these indoor issues has me worried.  I plan on comparing the Skytrak to my Mevo + when I get it, and sell the one I dislike the most. 

PM me when you decide. I’ll take the one you don’t like off your hands. 

On 10/18/2020 at 7:52 PM, ilikegolf26 said:

I have 18.5’. If I have 8’ between unit and tee and 9’ of flight is that enough to get accurate reading?

In all of the documentation I’ve researched, it says unit 8 feet behind ball and at least 8 feet of ball travel, so you should be good. Trying to patiently wait out my 14 weeks, ordered mine last Friday!

WITB 2020
- SIM 10.5 one click lower, Kuro Kage DC TiNi 60TS
-F9 4/5 wood 18.5 -1.5*, Ventus 8S
-MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
-F9 Baffler 21*, Diamana Thump 90S
-z785 5-7, z-Forged 8-PW, PX LZ 5.5
-50/54/58 Cleveland RTX 4 Mid, PX LZ 6.0
-Cushman Custom Golf C&C #2
-Srixon Z-Star 2020

I am strongly looking at the plus.  My plan is to use this for some garage golf, and want some feedback instead of just hitting into a net.  The rapsodo will not work for what I am looking for.

Any other reviews from the WRX members?  How is the range and five free courses.  Are they just novelties?

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

On 10/27/2020 at 10:08 AM, Puttersaurus Rex said:

I am strongly looking at the plus.  My plan is to use this for some garage golf, and want some feedback instead of just hitting into a net.  The rapsodo will not work for what I am looking for.

Any other reviews from the WRX members?  How is the range and five free courses.  Are they just novelties?

I'll try to get down there today if you want, but I havent used the 5 courses. Ive spent a lot of time on the range, and I really like it, it's nice to just go work on some swing thoughts without driving all the way out to a course.

Ive played the PC demo version of E6 a few times (one course), and enjoyed it. Obviously its  not real golf, but it was still fun.

Putting......Im at the point where I turned off putting and just let it auto-putt. I can't get it to consistently read a putt, and that's been one of the major "ugh do I really want to play a round" issues. I am waiting on some 1" gym mats and putting surface to flatten everything out, and hoping I have better luck with that. Currently I have my mat, then a putting "rug" next to it, which may be causing read issues (contrary to the manual where it says to put the tee area to one side and the putting area to the other side)

If I can get the putting issue solved, I can see it being a really fun thing in the winter months, not just a novelty. For now, it's nice to work on irons/woods on the range or courses

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, motts said:

I'll try to get down there today if you want, but I havent used the 5 courses. Ive spent a lot of time on the range, and I really like it, it's nice to just go work on some swing thoughts without driving all the way out to a course.

Ive played the PC demo version of E6 a few times (one course), and enjoyed it. Obviously its  not real golf, but it was still fun.

Putting......Im at the point where I turned off putting and just let it auto-putt. I can't get it to consistently read a putt, and that's been one of the major "ugh do I really want to play a round" issues. I am waiting on some 1" gym mats and putting surface to flatten everything out, and hoping I have better luck with that. Currently I have my mat, then a putting "rug" next to it, which may be causing read issues (contrary to the manual where it says to put the tee area to one side and the putting area to the other side)

If I can get the putting issue solved, I can see it being a really fun thing in the winter months, not just a novelty. For now, it's nice to work on irons/woods on the range or courses

Thank you!  I found some videos on youtube that showed the 5 courses.  Your feedback about the range is very helpful, and what I am looking for.  I also heard similar comments about putting, and that does not bother me.

Decided that I am going to wait for the PGA show to see if anything else comes out in this price range before I go all in.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

1 hour ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

Thank you!  I found some videos on youtube that showed the 5 courses.  Your feedback about the range is very helpful, and what I am looking for.  I also heard similar comments about putting, and that does not bother me.

Decided that I am going to wait for the PGA show to see if anything else comes out in this price range before I go all in.

If trackman got into the 2-4k "prosumer" product I would sell my M+ instantly lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 8:10 AM, ilikegolf26 said:

I ordered my Mevo+ back in middle to late October and was notified today that it will ship end of this week to early next week. So it looks like lead times have been cut considerably from the 12-14 weeks I was told when I ordered it. 

Flightscopemevo.com now indicates 7-8 weeks shipping lead time for the Mevo+ , so they do seem to be making progress on backorders.

I ordered October 30 ... will update when mine arrives.

Titleist TSi2 11° - Ventus Velo Red 5R

Titleist TS2 18° - Ventus Velo Red 6R

Titleist 818H1 21° - AD HY 75R

Titleist 818H1 25° - AD HY 75R

TaylorMade 2020.P770 5-PW - NS Pro 950GH R

Vokey SM7 50.08 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 F - NS Pro 950GH R

Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5

Titleist ProV1

22 hours ago, jbsg02 said:

Really considering this to make the garage into a practice area.  How are people's experiences using one indoors with a net?

It was alright, it's annoying to have to look at an ipad/screen though. I bought it with the idea of just using a net and myself and my wife were instantly "we need a projector & screen..."

14 hours ago, Ryanak27 said:

Can anyone give me the names of some of the courses that have been in the rotation or are available when you upgrade to the higher package? Thinking of upgrading but I'd like to know some of the courses available first.

Thanks

You can use this link and review the available courses...

https://trugolf.com/technology/e6-connect-software/

HTH

PXG 0317 X