2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

42 minutes ago, knickerbocker said:

I will see how other users' experiences are before I drop $1000 on the pro package. 

I am getting a dozen RCT balls when released through my pro.  I will be testing those out. 

Site says the Pro Package will be available in January so your wait might be a while.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

Huge development!

Now if only they could improve the app a little bit and manipulation of the data tables!

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Callaway Apex Pro '21 5-AW-- S400 (S)

Woods: Callaway Epic Speed 3W

Putter: TM HydroBlast Del Monte 1

Been loving mine since I got it in May 2020 and Im hoping this makes the mevo+ more accurate with the fusion tracking.  I'm sure the club data will be accurate just need the ball data to be improved.  This will definitely kill off the FSK as it provides more data, works indoors out of the box and integrates with E6/TGC already.  Plus outdoors the mevo+ is very very accurate.

Taylormade Sim2 8* HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
Cobra RAD Speed 3W HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5
Callaway XR16 5W 18* Kuro Kage TiNi X 
Srixon Z565 Nippon Modus 3 120S
Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

Wow.  Just wow.  I think the only question to be answered at noon is resolution of the spin for high speed driver guys.  Do such players have the same problem with the X3? 

Regarding the Titleist RCT, the fine print says it was tested with 10 feet of flight AND firmware needed updating to read metal "inside" the cover versus metallic stickers outside.  Have to believe MEVO+ will need same upgrade.

@Krt22 Good call on the balls.  I would add the SM put out by FS make it very clear that Titleist sent them the balls.  Titleist has to see a bigger market of users buying balls for their $3k MEVO+ unit (with Pro Package) versus the much smaller market of users with $15k TM units.

44 minutes ago, larciel said:

Looks like mevo guys are the smartest of the bunch in marketing. 

This probably kills off the FSK and I'm thinking about holding off on selling my mevo+ and buying gc3

Definitely makes life harder for them. The self leveling and ease of setup is a plus along with the heads up display. Not worth a $1000 to me as I just picked up a Mevo Plus but I am a little concerned about the time it will take to set up the Mevo Plus in order to take advantage of all the data it can provide. Accurately measuring club path and face when 1 degree makes a difference  will require a precise set up. . . .

The FSK also has a more powerful radar but after tracking 80 yards of flight (Mevo Plus) any yardage differences should mostly be due to wind. Should be very similar in calm conditions I would think.

28 minutes ago, jho786 said:

Been loving mine since I got it in May 2020 and Im hoping this makes the mevo+ more accurate with the fusion tracking.  I'm sure the club data will be accurate just need the ball data to be improved.  This will definitely kill off the FSK as it provides more data, works indoors out of the box and integrates with E6/TGC already.  Plus outdoors the mevo+ is very very accurate.

I have high hopes but a lot of the club data is calculated from ball data so you won't get one without the other. 

Example:

Face angle is not measured but is calculated based on measured ball launch direction and club path. 

Here is to hoping that the Fusion tracking will greatly improve the ball data to the point where it's accurate enough to have reliable calculations for face angle and face to path. 

44 minutes ago, DCbogeyKING said:

Mevo Plus owners rejoice. I can't wait to see the reviews. 

Yes, this sounds all amazing, but let's see the reviews first.  Also, a big thanks to GC3, without their launch FSK and this would be sitting in their corp offices wanking each other, now they actually need to do some work.  Let's hope SkyTrak realeases something soon and we start having real competition in this space.  I personally would love to get the GC3/BLP 3K is a good price but then $800 early fee for all of the data points is a bit much.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, goudok said:

Yes, this sounds all amazing, but let's see the reviews first.  Also, a big thanks to GC3, without their launch FSK and this would be sitting in their corp offices wanking each other, now they actually need to do some work.  Let's hope SkyTrak realeases something soon and we start having real competition in this space.  I personally would love to get the GC3/BLP 3K is a good price but then $800 early fee for all of the data points is a bit much.

You know you need to fork over $7k for a GC3 and you still won’t get this level of data, right?

5 minutes ago, games said:

You know you need to fork over $7k for a GC3 and you still won’t get this level of data, right?

Not sure if you are being snippy or not, but yes I do know, but I also know people mentioned some of those club metrics will be calculated which is never 100% accurate.  I also know GC3 is way more accurate indoors.   Also, read my note again, I said " 3k is a good price but the 800 fee is a bit much"  I like the 3K price not the 7K price.  So yes, 7K is a lot.  I also know if it wasn't for the GC3/BLP there would be no launch of the FSK and this pro add on to the mevo+ this year.  Everyone is in scramble mode now which is only a good thing for us, consumers.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Flightscope is saying the new parameters are measured not calculated due to fusion tracking.  Sounding pretty darn good.

Yea I was going to ask that question as well but was beat to it.  Sounds like they will be modifying the hardware to measure those parameters with a combination of radar and image tracking.

Taylormade Sim2 8* HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
Cobra RAD Speed 3W HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5
Callaway XR16 5W 18* Kuro Kage TiNi X 
Srixon Z565 Nippon Modus 3 120S
Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

37 minutes ago, goudok said:

Not sure if you are being snippy or not, but yes I do know, but I also know people mentioned some of those club metrics will be calculated which is never 100% accurate.  I also know GC3 is way more accurate indoors.   Also, read my note again, I said " 3k is a good price but the 800 fee is a bit much"  I like the 3K price not the 7K price.  So yes, 7K is a lot.  I also know if it wasn't for the GC3/BLP there would be no launch of the FSK and this pro add on to the mevo+ this year.  Everyone is in scramble mode now which is only a good thing for us, consumers.  

You believed based on what "people mentioned."  Gotcha.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jho786 said:

Yea I was going to ask that question as well but was beat to it.  Sounds like they will be modifying the hardware to measure those parameters with a combination of radar and image tracking.

I think you meant modifying the software since the new parameters will be unlocked by an electronic license key (and possibly a firmware update).

I also use Awesome Golf and in their analyze feature you can already see descent angle and acceleration profile so I was optimistic that the hardware was capable of doing it.

Take my money already! Can't wait...

2 hours ago, games said:

You believed based on what "people mentioned."  Gotcha.

You do know fusion tracking is a fancy word for an algorithm.  Not sure what your issue is, but GC3 will be way more accurate on the datapoints that it provides.  That is a fact, nobody except for sponsored Bryson uses a flightscope device and even himself uses a GCQUAD.  Mevo+ can have all the metrics in the world, but who cares if they aren't accurate.  Someone who wants to have an indoor accurate launch monitor has to get a GC3/4 that's just the way it is.  Be it 7k or 3k with a subscription that is the current price point.  And I will keep reiterating mevo+ pro, FSK, GC3 is only a good thing for the price per feature/accuracy to come down.

Edited by goudok
  • Like 2

So happy I got the Mevo+. I was already satisfied, but this....

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

20 minutes ago, goudok said:

You do know fusion tracking is a fancy word for an algorithm.  Not sure what your issue is, but GC3 will be way more accurate on the datapoints that it provides.  That is a fact, nobody except for sponsored Bryson uses a flightscope device and even himself uses a GCQUAD.  Mevo+ can have all the metrics in the world, but who cares if they aren't accurate.  Someone who wants to have an indoor accurate launch monitor has to get a GC3/4 that's just the way it is.  Be it 7k or 3k with a subscription that is the current price point.  And I will keep reiterating mevo+ pro, FSK, GC3 is only a good thing for the price per feature/accuracy to come down.

best to just ignore him in his unending quest for mevo+ validation

21 minutes ago, goudok said:

It's not even worth responding to 'games'.  All of these threads are full of people providing valuable information, and then there's 'games'... nothing valuable to say, totally biased, condescending to everyone, and usually wrong. But since we can't ban this person, best to ignore them.

• Haha 1