2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all ,

Long time lurker on here. Usually just try to soak in all the data that has been presented.

However I am having some serious issues with my mevo+ now. I been using it for months with no issues. Last week I decided to purchase the pro package and also did the firmware upgrade to .22. Yesterday I fired it all up and was about 5 holes through e6 and it stopped tracking my shots.

I opened up the FS app and was able to see all the settings and connection details. All seemed fine. Tried a few shots in that app and also no longer tracking. So I rebooted my ipad / mevo+ and brought everything back up from scratch. Got connected , in the fs app said ready , again no tracking.  

I disconnected the wifi on my ipad and tried on my iphone instead. Same result. I use my unit outdoors with a net. Tried changing from short indoor / indoor / and outdoor long distance hits with no net and won't track anything. The only thing I notice any difference is the WIFI symbol at the top of the ipad / iphone when connected doesn't show up anymore. However if you go into wifi settings it shows connected w/ local ip etc. The unit seems to respond to everything except for tracking shots.

It seems as though the radar just no longer works. I can do everything else on the device like adjust the tilt / roll. The mevo charges / powers up and has the red arm button indicating its ready.  I am out of ideas now.

I contacted support and am awaiting a response. Just curious if anyone has ever seen this? I have noticed I have received random popups saying firmware is up to date when launching the fs app. Even when im not actively going into the settings to test it. I wonder if something is hung up on it?

Thanks !

7 hours ago, Aimetti said:

Hello all ,

Long time lurker on here. Usually just try to soak in all the data that has been presented.

However I am having some serious issues with my mevo+ now. I been using it for months with no issues. Last week I decided to purchase the pro package and also did the firmware upgrade to .22. Yesterday I fired it all up and was about 5 holes through e6 and it stopped tracking my shots.

I opened up the FS app and was able to see all the settings and connection details. All seemed fine. Tried a few shots in that app and also no longer tracking. So I rebooted my ipad / mevo+ and brought everything back up from scratch. Got connected , in the fs app said ready , again no tracking.  

I disconnected the wifi on my ipad and tried on my iphone instead. Same result. I use my unit outdoors with a net. Tried changing from short indoor / indoor / and outdoor long distance hits with no net and won't track anything. The only thing I notice any difference is the WIFI symbol at the top of the ipad / iphone when connected doesn't show up anymore. However if you go into wifi settings it shows connected w/ local ip etc. The unit seems to respond to everything except for tracking shots.

It seems as though the radar just no longer works. I can do everything else on the device like adjust the tilt / roll. The mevo charges / powers up and has the red arm button indicating its ready.  I am out of ideas now.

I contacted support and am awaiting a response. Just curious if anyone has ever seen this? I have noticed I have received random popups saying firmware is up to date when launching the fs app. Even when im not actively going into the settings to test it. I wonder if something is hung up on it?

Thanks !

Noticed the Radar acting funky.  I realized I did not update it. I updated it and started to really notice things went haywire.

I went through the processing of finding the sweet spot of re aligning everything.

I specifically changed the tilt,  I mounted it flush to the ground instead of on a mini tripod I had.  make sure the "red" box on where it picks up the ball is where its supposed to be. Mine was way in front of the actual hitting area.

Tilt, tilt, tilt, had to play around with it,  Its at 11.5* right now..... 

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

4 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

Noticed the Radar acting funky.  I realized I did not update it. I updated it and started to really notice things went haywire.

I went through the processing of finding the sweet spot of re aligning everything.

I specifically changed the tilt,  I mounted it flush to the ground instead of on a mini tripod I had.  make sure the "red" box on where it picks up the ball is where its supposed to be. Mine was way in front of the actual hitting area.

Tilt, tilt, tilt, had to play around with it,  Its at 11.5* right now..... 

thanks for the reply !

mine unfortunately doesn’t register any shots at all anymore. Waiting on support to get back to me. Wonder if you can downgrade firmware 

6 minutes ago, Aimetti said:

thanks for the reply !

mine unfortunately doesn’t register any shots at all anymore. Waiting on support to get back to me. Wonder if you can downgrade firmware 

Even after messing around with the tilt and distance from ball, both physical distance and app setting?> 

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Hey guys ! Thanks for the help. 

Ya it literally wont register a single shot regardless of tilt / mode / messing w/ distances etc.

The propackage did work for the first 4 holes on e6 as it was showing club path and stuff. I actually already pulled the battery. Unfortunately no change. Even tried  on my android device for the heck of it no change.

I coulda sworn when I was connected to the flightscope it would show the WIFI symbol at the top of the ios device near the clock like any other wifi connection. Its no longer doing that. Am I imaging that? I tried swapping to 2.4 ghz / different channels on wifi and stuff. Connection wise it seems everything is fine tho. Can adjust tilt and roll and can make changes to the radar. The unit goes into armed mode for all of the apps as well , just the thing does nothing lol. 

Im banking on it being a hardware issue at this point. Unless maybe i can downgrade the firmware or maybe an update comes out.

As far as the messages go, I keep getting  messages saying "firmware up to date , not downloading / installing " or something along those lines. Even though I am not clicking on it anymore. It was updated after I did the pro package. 

The only other things I can think of are related to your android device communications.

I regularly reset my network settings in my iOS phone.  If that is an option, I would try that. 

If it's not, I would erase the MEVO connection in WIFI settings.

Also, when you set up the new connection, I would first try to re-establish it by scanning the barcode rather than manual entry.

See if that somehow clicks with registration...

Also, I turn off bluetooth on my phone when I use MEVO.

18 minutes ago, games said:

The only other things I can think of are related to your android device communications.

I regularly reset my network settings in my iOS phone.  If that is an option, I would try that. 

If it's not, I would erase the MEVO connection in WIFI settings.

Also, when you set up the new connection, I would first try to re-establish it by scanning the barcode rather than manual entry.

See if that somehow clicks with registration...

Also, I turn off bluetooth on my phone when I use MEVO.

Ya i primarily use my ipad pro but ran the android just to test something different. I ran the network reset already too. Im out of ideas as well 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Aimetti said:

Ya i primarily use my ipad pro but ran the android just to test something different. I ran the network reset already too. Im out of ideas as well 🙂 

I haven't used mine with iOS but on Android the WiFi symbol disappears when connected to Mevo+ if you have a device capable of 5G/LTE because it'll switch to mobile data. 

I'd contact Flightscope support and have them do a remote session.

• Like 1

My Mevo Plus died today - I have only had it for 4 months. Called support and they talked me through a hard reset (pulling the battery out) and that didn't help. Dude said that the lights mean that it is a power board issue.

So disappointing that it only lasted a few months. I always used the adapter that came with it too - not like I was doing anything I shouldn't have been. 

When you start googling it seems to be a pretty common issue (power board/power circuitry).

Hoping it doesn't take too long to ship it to them and get it back. I wouldn't be surprised if it took a long time though since I am in Canada... 😕

Edited by cmaxwe
  • Sad 1

Got a standard MEVO yesterday.  Short range session with it today and all seemed to go very smoothly.  The data was very similar to our Trackman that I use on the same place on the range.   

impressed so far. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

1 hour ago, Doyouevenblade said:

How does the pro package work outside? 

i can see the ball fly so I can generally figure out path and face to path but does the data add a lot to the experience? Worth it? 

I’m going to get it for the winter when I am hitting into a net.  

Works great. Just confirms what you think is going on. Subjective to if it is worth it but I reference path and FTP after every swing - especially hitting into a net. 

• Like 1

Anyone having issues with latest firmware? I'm a long time user and FS App is acting up again. Indoors I noticed it just stopped tracking balls while warming up. E6 worked fairly well but missed a few which is not typical of it. 

Yesterday at the range wanted to work on wedge gapping so hitting 100y and less shots only, got 10 shots in and just stopped tracking. Switching clubs sometimes got it to track a single shot but mostly became useless. 

Previous firmware seemed pretty stable for me. My setup is pretty dialed in as I use a little pad to level tilt, 12.x degrees and at the range its a large flat surface so easy to set up for flat and get the ball in the same place 8' away.

The only other item yesterday: it was warm. If these units have heat problems its not something I recall reading about anywhere and in my garage there was no direct sunlight heat problem the other day 🙂 

3 hours ago, bvanlieu said:

Anyone having issues with latest firmware? I'm a long time user and FS App is acting up again. Indoors I noticed it just stopped tracking balls while warming up. E6 worked fairly well but missed a few which is not typical of it. 

Yesterday at the range wanted to work on wedge gapping so hitting 100y and less shots only, got 10 shots in and just stopped tracking. Switching clubs sometimes got it to track a single shot but mostly became useless. 

Previous firmware seemed pretty stable for me. My setup is pretty dialed in as I use a little pad to level tilt, 12.x degrees and at the range its a large flat surface so easy to set up for flat and get the ball in the same place 8' away.

The only other item yesterday: it was warm. If these units have heat problems its not something I recall reading about anywhere and in my garage there was no direct sunlight heat problem the other day 🙂 

Heat doesn't affect the launch monitor but it certainly can affect the device it's connected to. You might have been losing connection when the phone/tablet got too hot in the sun.

I haven't experienced this and have a free hundred shots logged in 0.22 so far.

Anyone having issues with weird launch angle measurements? My last two sessions my launch angles were way lower than expected even with what I felt like were really clean shots. I would also get some really weird super high launch angle shot every now and again. I've been hitting into a net these two sessions. I plan to get out to the range today to see if its me (high probability), but curious if anyone else has seen some weird measurements since the update? Smash factor seems to be registering higher than I think it should be, especially with miss hits. 

3 minutes ago, Tygoerlitz said:

Anyone having issues with weird launch angle measurements? My last two sessions my launch angles were way lower than expected even with what I felt like were really clean shots. I would also get some really weird super high launch angle shot every now and again. I've been hitting into a net these two sessions. I plan to get out to the range today to see if its me (high probability), but curious if anyone else has seen some weird measurements since the update? Smash factor seems to be registering higher than I think it should be, especially with miss hits. 

I haven't seen any of these issues, though short indoor spin axis isn't as reliable (compared against Hawk) as it was in 0.20.

I never had the push draw issue so I'm a little annoyed with myself for updating so soon, but it's nothing game-breaking.

Edited by Bubbtubbs

On 6/3/2022 at 10:34 AM, Tygoerlitz said:

Just came here to post this exact problem I saw right now. Smash factors 1.51 but my swing speed would not register over 98 (im usually 103-108). Low launch angles. Im getting really tired of this unit in short indoor mode hitting into the net. 

Has anybody had issues with the E6 Connect app crashing over and over again on startup?  Only has happened in the last couple of weeks.  FS App works fine.  Checked to see if there was an update for E6 Connect, but looks like I have the most recent version.  

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

I test RCT balls and got retively good numbers. Couple double spins once a while, otherwise quite accurate and easier setup than metal dots when placing ball a metal dot pointing at the target.

Anyway I thinking to go back metallic dots because I thought RCT would be more durable and easier to use. I cracked one RCT after couple of shots and also I haven`t had any misreadings with metal dots after firmaware updates.

CS is around 109-115 and BS 164-172 so that cannot be the reason for cracking RCT because normal ball lasts way much longer eventhough hittting spot is identical all the time with metal dots.

I wrote more about it and add picture to ball forum.

22 hours ago, DrShaftE said:

I test RCT balls and got retively good numbers. Couple double spins once a while, otherwise quite accurate and easier setup than metal dots when placing ball a metal dot pointing at the target.

Anyway I thinking to go back metallic dots because I thought RCT would be more durable and easier to use. I cracked one RCT after couple of shots and also I haven`t had any misreadings with metal dots after firmaware updates.

CS is around 109-115 and BS 164-172 so that cannot be the reason for cracking RCT because normal ball lasts way much longer eventhough hittting spot is identical all the time with metal dots.

I wrote more about it and add picture to ball forum.

I had the same issue but sent a picture to Titleist and they sent me a new box of RCT balls free of charge. I literally had received the balls the same day, cracked on a driver swing. 

Edited by WildcatGolfer12

5 hours ago, WildcatGolfer12 said:

I had the same issue but sent a picture to Titleist and they sent me a new box of RCT balls free of charge. I literally had received the balls the same day, cracked on a driver swing. 

Man, this is good to know.  Im on my 2nd box of RCT balls and I have not cracked any. Definitely should not be happening for sure.  If it does I will certainly be contacting Titleist.

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X