New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

1 hour ago, Dan13 said:

Speaking of RCT balls and M+ - any whispers on when the ball will be officially recognized?  It could really improve spin reads with drivers in short indoor mode which would be a game changer. 

It's been asked a few times in the official Facebook group but no definitive answer just yet. 

As for durability, I've had good luck with the Kirkland balls for sim use with the double "snowman" dot. Fewer estimated spin numbers than doubled ones I was getting with the single sleeve of RCT and they last ~300-400 shots. I did break one after just one session under 100 shots yesterday though.

IMG_20220612_143645.jpg

Edited by Bubbtubbs

23 hours ago, WildcatGolfer12 said:

I had the same issue but sent a picture to Titleist and they sent me a new box of RCT balls free of charge. I literally had received the balls the same day, cracked on a driver swing. 

I sent a picture to Titleist and they sent me 2-3 emails asking more information about setup etc. I answered questions and then they quit answering emails. I even sent a new email asking do I sent ball somewhere and also because they didn`t answer to my latest email but I haven`t got any answer in 2 weeks. 😳

On 5/27/2022 at 7:05 PM, cmaxwe said:

My Mevo Plus died today - I have only had it for 4 months. Called support and they talked me through a hard reset (pulling the battery out) and that didn't help. Dude said that the lights mean that it is a power board issue.

So disappointing that it only lasted a few months. I always used the adapter that came with it too - not like I was doing anything I shouldn't have been. 

When you start googling it seems to be a pretty common issue (power board/power circuitry).

Hoping it doesn't take too long to ship it to them and get it back. I wouldn't be surprised if it took a long time though since I am in Canada... 😕

Ya I also ended up sending mine back, the radar just stopped working on mine. Power and such was fine. Waiting about 2 weeks so far since sending it in. Not ideal. 

Side note , does anyone know where I can purchase a backup usb cord that is approved by flightscope? I find it pretty awful practice that they require these specific cords yet theres no place to buy one. I sent my radar in and now I cant find the usb cord end of the block. 

Thanks all!

On 6/15/2022 at 5:30 AM, Aimetti said:

Ya I also ended up sending mine back, the radar just stopped working on mine. Power and such was fine. Waiting about 2 weeks so far since sending it in. Not ideal. 

Side note , does anyone know where I can purchase a backup usb cord that is approved by flightscope? I find it pretty awful practice that they require these specific cords yet theres no place to buy one. I sent my radar in and now I cant find the usb cord end of the block. 

Thanks all!

You can buy this one on Amazon.  It was recommended by Flightscope support and is the one I have been using in my SIM setup for over a year now...

https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Supply-SoulBay-Adapter-Android/dp/B07CVH21NC/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=CanaKit+5V+2.5A+Raspberry+Pi+3+B%2B+Power+Supply&qid=1582908392&s=electronics&sr=1-12

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches
  • Thanks 1

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

Quick and maybe silly question but... I recorded a session with Mevo+ pro on my iPhone but would like to have a look at the results on my iPad. Both have the FS Golf app (logged in using the same account) but I cannot find the option to open sessions which have been recorded on a different device. Can it be done? Thanks!

Edited by winkje

2 hours ago, winkje said:

Quick and maybe silly question but... I recorded a session with Mevo+ pro on my iPhone but would like to have a look at the results on my iPad. Both have the FS Golf app (logged in using the same account) but I cannot find the option to open sessions which have been recorded on a different device. Can it be done? Thanks!

I use also two devices. As far as I know only possibility is back up your session data to flightscope.com and then restore data to other device. It is in settings and under ”help & support”. I use ipad and if I use iphone after it I back up database on ipad and then restore it on iphone. After using iphone I again back up database and then restore on ipad.

20 hours ago, winkje said:

Other than what @DrShaftEhas stated you could also just log into the web portal to view your stats if you have a subscription. 

https://myflightscope.com/

PXG 0317 X

11 hours ago, winkje said:

Thanks both! Unfortunately the web portal does not offer the option to view the club analysis data visually. I will try the export / import option.

Ahh… ok. I don’t have the pro package so was unaware of the club analysis not being available via the web portal. That is a bummer and good to know information.

PXG 0317 X

On 5/27/2022 at 8:28 PM, Dan13 said:

Works great. Just confirms what you think is going on. Subjective to if it is worth it but I reference path and FTP after every swing - especially hitting into a net. 

broke down after a few bad rounds and got the pro package. Very helpful.  

How bang on to the alignment do you have to be to get accurate Path and FTP measurements? I find it hard to visually align the Mevo On my Range as we just have a wall of trees way off in the distance and no good targets inside 400yrds.  If I’m a few yards left out right will the path be correct? 

17 minutes ago, Doyouevenblade said:

How bang on to the alignment do you have to be to get accurate Path and FTP measurements? I find it hard to visually align the Mevo On my Range as we just have a wall of trees way off in the distance and no good targets inside 400yrds.  If I’m a few yards left out right will the path be correct? 

It could make a noticeable difference. Can you find or place anything 20 or more yards out to line up to? 

If my trigonometry is correct two yards off from a target 200 yards out would result in a 1 degree “error” on club path if perfectly aligned. 

1 hour ago, Doyouevenblade said:

From what I've seen, most serious range rats use a closer aid like an alignment stick pointed at their target to align Mevo+ in the app.

Not sure if that helps your situation if you have some visual issues but it's a pretty quick fix.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Bubbtubbs

5 minutes ago, BradL13 said:

Did a last minute switch from my FSK decision to the Mevo+.  So y'all will be seeing me in here alot once it gets delivered with a million questions I am sure! 

TBH the Kit is just a worse Xi Tour with a camera and screen slapped on it. 

I'm pretty sure you'll be happy, even if the Mevo+ is a bit less drop-and-go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbtubbs said:

TBH the Kit is just a worse Xi Tour with a camera and screen slapped on it. 

I'm pretty sure you'll be happy, even if the Mevo+ is a bit less drop-and-go.

5 minutes tops of set up is definitely worth my time.  The absolute lack of discussion around the FSK on here and other forums and reviews just makes me too nervous for that amount of money.  Seems like Mevo is getting better and better with driver/3 wood so just made the jump.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:34 AM, Tygoerlitz said:

Anyone having issues with weird launch angle measurements? My last two sessions my launch angles were way lower than expected even with what I felt like were really clean shots. I would also get some really weird super high launch angle shot every now and again. I've been hitting into a net these two sessions. I plan to get out to the range today to see if its me (high probability), but curious if anyone else has seen some weird measurements since the update? Smash factor seems to be registering higher than I think it should be, especially with miss hits. 

My launch angles into a net have always been absurdly low with anything longer than a 6 iron.  The device is basically unusable into a net for me.  

On 6/26/2022 at 3:52 PM, Doyouevenblade said:

I use an alignment stick. I pick something to use as a target down range like a flag at 150 or 200 yards then stick the alignment stick in the ground in line between the Mevo+ and target. I then align the Mevo+ with the bottom of the alignment stick. Pull the alignment stick out and get to work.

Edited by jds_mlb
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:30 AM, jestein1679 said:

My launch angles into a net have always been absurdly low with anything longer than a 6 iron.  The device is basically unusable into a net for me.  

Yeah I have launch angle issues as well - which sucks because I end up launching the ball really low in general and one of the things that I want to work on is launching higher.

2 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

Looks like I'm going to make the move from the Mevo to the Mevo +. I do a ton of testing and while the Mevo gets me basic data outdoors I really need something more complete. 

For the money spent I just don't see a better option. 

I'm quite happy with mine, though no pro package just yet. I picked up a GC2 on the cheap and am debating whether I sell the unit now to help fund HMT or sell the GC2 for market value to help fund EyeXO and keep the Mevo+ for the range.

It's a great device outdoors but I wouldn't recommend pure indoor use for anything more serious than entertainment unless you have a good space for it. 8' behind and 8' of flight is ok but I've found woods and driver numbers are significantly better with 8.5-9' behind and as much ball flight as you can manage - I have 9'/12'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubbtubbs said:

I'm quite happy with mine, though no pro package just yet. I picked up a GC2 on the cheap and am debating whether I sell the unit now to help fund HMT or sell the GC2 for market value to help fund EyeXO and keep the Mevo+ for the range.

It's a great device outdoors but I wouldn't recommend pure indoor use for anything more serious than entertainment unless you have a good space for it. 8' behind and 8' of flight is ok but I've found woods and driver numbers are significantly better with 8.5-9' behind and as much ball flight as you can manage - I have 9'/12'.

It would be outdoor only unless I get a new to me house. 

Hi folks. I am about to pull the trigger on the Mevo+. It would be sitting in a space with 16.5' between back wall and front wall (and 9' high ceiling).

I understand this is on the very tight side, but do-able. Are there any options anyone could recommend for the back wall net/cushion which are super slim-line/flush against the wall to enable me to maximize ball flight distance?

Many thanks!

The homesimulator forums have a lot of threads on builds, materials etc....for this you will want something on the wall for sure. 

Are you also going to use it outdoors? Just want to level set expectations as any radar unit will be meh in short indoor mode. I use mine in the winter in teh garage but am not expecting accuracy for ballspeeds > say 130 mph.  If I was indoors, I would invest in the GC2/3. 

My M+ is primarily for working outdoors, gapping etc....indoors is just winter keeping warm with auto-putt 🙂 

3 hours ago, bvanlieu said:

The homesimulator forums have a lot of threads on builds, materials etc....for this you will want something on the wall for sure. 

Are you also going to use it outdoors? Just want to level set expectations as any radar unit will be meh in short indoor mode. I use mine in the winter in teh garage but am not expecting accuracy for ballspeeds > say 130 mph.  If I was indoors, I would invest in the GC2/3. 

My M+ is primarily for working outdoors, gapping etc....indoors is just winter keeping warm with auto-putt 🙂 

Thanks, this is good advice on multiple fronts!

I will check out the sim building forum.

I was hoping to use the unit in and outdoors - outdoors for summer and then indoor to help keep improving during winter. If I get the sim bug then I would consider getting a camera based unit like the GC’s. 

Many thanks again for the advice.