2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

2 hours ago, St Jimmy said:

I forgot about this thread.  It's working now.    

I did a few things, but I'm not sure what was the magical fix was:  RCT balls, lowered the Mevo stand all the way down instead of even with the hitting surface, and placing a ball on the mat when aligning the initial setup.

I'm still setting everything up on Friday night and breaking it down Sunday afternoon.  It's getting tedious, but this thing is really just as accurate, or more, than the local sim I used to frequent.  After a couple sessions with my iPhone I couldn't help myself and went all out:  projector, iPad Pro, and all the bells and whistles besides a putting surface.  

I have a 10x10x10 foot net inclosure I'm going to start setting up next weekend because I skied a couple balls into my ceiling and they stuck up there.  Tomorrow after playing a couple rounds I'll break out the sissor lift and see if I can pry them loose.  Those RCT balls aren't cheap, lol.  

It takes me about a hour to setup each week and I'm sure it'll be twice that once I start doing the enclosure too, but still worth it.  

One last thing:  I took the Mevo+ to my local driving range and it was very cool to setup outside hitting balls downrange.  The ball flight was spot on... like dead on.  

I was so impressed I got two more buckets and played a round at Bay Hill!   

Cheers and thanks to everyone. 

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 7.52.50 PM.png

Very nice!  Do you live in your warehouse. Or just tell the wife you have to work all weekend 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Very nice!  Do you live in your warehouse. Or just tell the wife you have to work all weekend 😬

Lot's of OT lately. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

I'm getting my m+ soon. Few questions for folks who've had it for a while:

- do you feel the pro package was worth it, why or why not?

- any common bugs/troubleshooting things you ran into

- do you feel putting with it is worth setting up when using with something like GSpro? 

- things you wish you did differently at first?

5 hours ago, Z1ggy16 said:

- do you feel putting with it is worth setting up when using with something like GSpro? 

Pro package is 100% worth it. It turns the Mevo+ into 99% of a Trackman at 15% of the price. I also found it easier to align the unit with the pro package (testing club path and face numbers during setup) and thus the data is more accurate. 

Putting is not worth it IMO because it doesn't translate very well to the course and takes up too much time during sim rounds. 

As for things I would do differently it's just paying more attention to alignment. It's not as easy to setup as a Trackman and it's VERY sensitive. You will get questionable ball flight and data if it's even slightly off on alignment but once it's aligned properly the data is every bit as good as Trackman. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mgoblue83 said:

Pro package is 100% worth it. It turns the Mevo+ into 99% of a Trackman at 15% of the price. I also found it easier to align the unit with the pro package (testing club path and face numbers during setup) and thus the data is more accurate. 

Putting is not worth it IMO because it doesn't translate very well to the course and takes up too much time during sim rounds. 

As for things I would do differently it's just paying more attention to alignment. It's not as easy to setup as a Trackman and it's VERY sensitive. You will get questionable ball flight and data if it's even slightly off on alignment but once it's aligned properly the data is every bit as good as Trackman. 

I would agree. I am constantly referencing pro package data when practicing. Path, FTP, Low point, H and V swing plane. Really amazing data telling you how you are delivering the club. To second mgoblue83 setup and alignment is key. If you think about how the radar uses the ground and the alignment line for reference then it really is important. 

I do not putt when playing sim golf on E6 or Awesome Golf. 

Has anyone compared outdoor (full flight - not hitting into a net) M+ numbers to indoor Trackman numbers?  I just came from an indoor Trackman session and can verify my Mevo spin numbers outside are BS.

However, it got me wondering about just how well Trackman does indoors.  Most say a GCQuad is best indoors and that Trackman can have some issues.  I found carry distance, ball speed, and clubhead speed to all be low on the indoors Trackman setup. I used my stock 8i distance as truth (I hit it at the range between 125 and 135 consistently and play it for 130 - 135 yards on course with premium balls).  Well struck shots go that far repeatedly yet on the indoor Trackman I never got beyond 125 and rarely made more than low 120s (premium balls).

2 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Has anyone compared outdoor (full flight - not hitting into a net) M+ numbers to indoor Trackman numbers?  I just came from an indoor Trackman session and can verify my Mevo spin numbers outside are BS.

However, it got me wondering about just how well Trackman does indoors.  Most say a GCQuad is best indoors and that Trackman can have some issues.  I found carry distance, ball speed, and clubhead speed to all be low on the indoors Trackman setup. I used my stock 8i distance as truth (I hit it at the range between 125 and 135 consistently and play it for 130 - 135 yards on course with premium balls).  Well struck shots go that far repeatedly yet on the indoor Trackman I never got beyond 125 and rarely made more than low 120s (premium balls).

Trackman will likely be very accurate for ball speed, club speed, launch angles, AoA and total spin indoors. The main parameter radar struggles with in limited flight is spin axis.

11 minutes ago, Bubbtubbs said:

Trackman will likely be very accurate for ball speed, club speed, launch angles, AoA and total spin indoors. The main parameter radar struggles with in limited flight is spin axis.

If they are RCT or dotted balls spin should be good, otherwise lots of spin estimates, but you will know that right away if the values are in italics.   I did a fitting at CC, for whatever reason at the time they said it was their policy NOT to use dots. Just about every single single shot was a spin misread.  It under read CHS as well, so had some silly smash factors

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Z1ggy16 said:

100% get pro package.

Feel free to message me and I'll help. There are some gotchas to initial registration and setup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbLmIsMxhdg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

If they are RCT or dotted balls spin should be good, otherwise lots of spin estimates, but you will know that right away if the values are in italics.   I did a fitting at CC, for whatever reason at the time they said it was their policy NOT to use dots. Just about every single single shot was a spin misread.  It under read CHS as well, so had some silly smash factors

That's an absurd policy, especially when fitting.

Edit: my guess is that TM may have been slightly too close to the hitting area as well. Was attack angle more negative than usual?

Edited by Bubbtubbs

24 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

This place had regular premium balls.  No RCT or metallic stickers.

59 minutes ago, Bubbtubbs said:

That is why I was surprised at the poor 8i readings I got.  Something wasn't right. I was hitting 8i to a lasered target at the driving range on Friday.  Well struck shots with range balls were going at least 130.  Maybe I was swinging poorly today, but kind of low probability that I never got one past 125 with a better ball.

1 minute ago, Krt22 said:

If the spin numbers were in italics, they can't really be trusted.

When you hit outside with the Mevo+, were they range balls or premium balls?

I don't have an M+.  I was hitting indoors on a Trackman today. I have a base Mevo I use at the range. Spin numbers are crap with it.  Not sure about speeds.

1 minute ago, ThinkingPlus said:

I don't have an M+.  I was hitting indoors on a Trackman today. I have a base Mevo I use at the range. Spin numbers are crap with it.  Not sure about speeds.

ahh ic. Trackman indoors and vs range balls outside is a bit of a crap shoot. From hitting range balls on my quad I have found that range balls are consistently inconsistent, the spin behavior is extremely non-linear. Wedges and short irons spin a lot less so they tend to carry more, driver spin is similar but ball speed much lower so they carry less. A mid iron might get pretty close in carry, but the launch conditions to get there might be a little different.

12 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

ahh ic. Trackman indoors and vs range balls outside is a bit of a crap shoot. From hitting range balls on my quad I have found that range balls are consistently inconsistent, the spin behavior is extremely non-linear. Wedges and short irons spin a lot less so they tend to carry more, driver spin is similar but ball speed much lower so they carry less. A mid iron might get pretty close in carry, but the launch conditions to get there might be a little different.

If I really want good numbers at the range, I will sacrifice some non-range balls to the golf gods. I did that with my Mevo and still got crap spin numbers. Just trying to see how much better an M+ will be vs. my base Mevo. Outdoors at the driving range only.

10 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

If I really want good numbers at the range, I will sacrifice some non-range balls to the golf gods. I did that with my Mevo and still got crap spin numbers. Just trying to see how much better an M+ will be vs. my base Mevo. Outdoors at the driving range only.

Yeah I had a mevo for a few weeks and never got remotely decent data, outdoors was wonky and indoors it was non-functional, so I sold it.No experience with the M+ , but it should be much much more reliable as long as you set it up right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Z1ggy16 said:

I'm buying used and the unit will potentially come with the pp already. How will that work?

Not sure. But email [email protected] if you have issues registering the software or getting it to work. Not sure if there's a software license transfer or not, but Mac can help.

Have you checked to make sure the software license is transferable?

10 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

That is why I was surprised at the poor 8i readings I got.  Something wasn't right. I was hitting 8i to a lasered target at the driving range on Friday.  Well struck shots with range balls were going at least 130.  Maybe I was swinging poorly today, but kind of low probability that I never got one past 125 with a better ball.

Assuming the Trackman was setup properly (much easier to setup than Mevo+) and the environment wasn't full of interference the numbers you are seeing at that speed should be extremely accurate. 

Trackman only really has spin and spin axis issues with high speed shots off the toe or heel. Almost never has issues with irons and wedges from an average speed player.

Most likely your base Mevo numbers from the range are are inaccurate and you are not taking into account roll out on the course. I know it's probably not what you want to hear but either you were swinging slower indoors than you do outdoors or you just don't hit it as far as you think. 

24 minutes ago, Alan Pllu said:

Anyone else get this email this morning. Bit poor that existing users need to pay for the pc software when it’s included in the new unit. 

F343A6DD-F3ED-42F3-A676-5CB225FE63BE.png

BA503A70-46B0-4393-96B9-30FDEC5D2416.png

9F668F8E-E63F-49ED-AB7C-2CC485E3ADFA.png

There is nothing here that says you need to pay for PC FS Golf.

Edit: never mind, found it on a separate social media post. $99.

Edited by Bubbtubbs
New info