2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

57 minutes ago, Bubbtubbs said:

There is nothing here that says you need to pay for PC FS Golf.

Edit: never mind, found it on a separate social media post. $99.

Is that for the app itself (like if I run it on my android) or just the PC version? In planning on running gs pro for simulation but if I'm working on the swing and need lots of data, I'll be on my phone or iPad within the app.

I played today e6 course after a long time (I have used only FS golf app whole autumn). I got really low spin numbers in e6 compared to FS golf. Driver 800-1300 spin in e6 vs 2000-2400 in FS golf. I used first RCT balls then I thought if balls are problem and changed to proV1`s with metallic dot but same issue wih them. Have anyone else saw the same problem?

2 hours ago, Z1ggy16 said:

Is that for the app itself (like if I run it on my android) or just the PC version? In planning on running gs pro for simulation but if I'm working on the swing and need lots of data, I'll be on my phone or iPad within the app.

Just PC version of you don't have Pro already. Existing Pro package owners get PC for free.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

4 hours ago, Alan Pllu said:

Anyone else get this email this morning. Bit poor that existing users need to pay for the pc software when it’s included in the new unit. 

F343A6DD-F3ED-42F3-A676-5CB225FE63BE.png

BA503A70-46B0-4393-96B9-30FDEC5D2416.png

9F668F8E-E63F-49ED-AB7C-2CC485E3ADFA.png

Does this mean E6 is giving us 10 free courses instead of the current 5?

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

1 hour ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Well, I just pulled the trigger on the Mevo trade in deal for an M+.  Went ahead and added the PP as well. Somewhat of a leap of faith, but hopefully the M+ outperforms the base Mevo enough to justify the purchase. <fingers crossed>

I'm sitting on the fence right now of the trade in versus just buying it outright and listing my current MEVO for sale in the BST.   

Also saw the email about the face impact for an addtional $450 ithink,  seems like an incedible feature to have on a personal unt, but I need to think hard if I want to invest just over $3,000 and will I get enough use out of it to justify.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

43 minutes ago, Aimetti said:

interesting. Ive had pro for quite some time, you saying ill qualify for the PC software for free?

Yes. Past, present and future Pro purchases include access to PC FS Golf.

Edit:

@St JimmyI wouldn't bet on it, though I'm curious if it will apply to the original licenses if they weren't redeemed.

Edited by Bubbtubbs
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Aimetti said:

interesting. Ive had pro for quite some time, you saying ill qualify for the PC software for free?

flightscopegolf: ******* PC software will be $99 or if you purchase the pro package for $999 it will be included.

You’ve asked and we’ve listened!

FS Golf PC software will be available for Mevo+ users.

*Purchase as an add-on
*Preorder 2023 Mevo+ and PC software is included
*Purchase the Pro Package and PC software is included
*Included for existing Pro Package users
*Included for all existing and new X3 customers

Available February.
Edited by sshadow2

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

3 hours ago, Bubbtubbs said:

Just PC version of you don't have Pro already. Existing Pro package owners get PC for free.

Ah okay thanks. I don't see myself using it for PC but who knows. The unit I bought doesn't have pp unlocked yet ... Probably going to wait until I have enough saved up to do pp plus the impact data. 

I assume that it watches the club head for twisting and calculates where impact was? 

52 minutes ago, theboypinoy said:

How accurate is the face impact location for Flightscope X3? I know they recently introduced it to the X3, and just wondering if the accuracy is good.

It's cool they're bringing it to the Mevo+! I'll be playing with the PC software once it's available, since I already have the Pro Package

I watched a demonstration of face impact for Mevo+ today. They sprayed the face of a driver with impact spray and then compared to Mevo+. Dead on. 

Also, shot tracer functionally coming.  I *think* it will be a free firmware update, but not 100% on that one. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EricWGolf said:

I watched a demonstration of face impact for Mevo+ today. They sprayed the face of a driver with impact spray and then compared to Mevo+. Dead on. 

Also, shot tracer functionally coming.  I *think* it will be a free firmware update, but not 100% on that one. 

Did they have to put the stickers on the face of the club?  

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

7 hours ago, Bubbtubbs said:

10 E6 courses as well? Or is that only for new 2023 Mevo plus buyers? I really would like E6 PC version and the FSgolf PC version but I dont want to pay for what is included. I have had mine for almost 2 years.  Do new buyers get the choice of apple or PC or do they get both platforms?

Would like some opinions on this. 

I currently have the MEVO. And use it exclusively on my IPhone just getting the basic 8 parameters of ball and flight into. Mostly to track my off season swing/ball speed.  

Wanting to make the investment ot improve. I’m considering the Mevo + 223  with the PP.    

big question would I need at minimum an iPad to get the most benefit from the data.   Would it all be ware’s or unusable on my IPhone.   Things like the tracking and simulation.   I’m not into playing the simulated courses as much.  Mostly the swing and ball data.  

Vokey

6 hours ago, St Jimmy said:

Did they have to put the stickers on the face of the club?  

90% sure they said no stickers on the face.

2 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I currently have the MEVO. And use it exclusively on my IPhone just getting the basic 8 parameters of ball and flight into. Mostly to track my off season swing/ball speed.  

Wanting to make the investment ot improve. I’m considering the Mevo + 223  with the PP.    

big question would I need at minimum an iPad to get the most benefit from the data.   Would it all be ware’s or unusable on my IPhone.   Things like the tracking and simulation.   I’m not into playing the simulated courses as much.  Mostly the swing and ball data.  

I use my Mevo+ w/ Pro Package exclusively outdoors on a full range and I only use my phone. I put AirPods in so I can listen to music and hear the single spoken data point.  I also use my Apple Watch to change club selection.  I haven’t felt constrained by a phone display at all.

However, the face impact upgrade option requires a tablet because Flightscope says the face impact image with data won’t ergonomically fit on a phone screen.  I have an iPad, so that’s no big deal, but it means no watch integration (unless Apple now allows an Apple Watch to pair with an iPad.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I would say no. Prior to getting an iPad late last year I would use my iphone for my practice sessions referencing 9 data tiles only (no driving range view). Add in some slo mo video and it’s a way more productive practice session then pounding balls at a range blindly. I’ve focused on V swing plane in combo with path, FTP, low point, spin, ball speed and club speed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EricWGolf said:

90% sure they said no stickers on the face.

I use my Mevo+ w/ Pro Package exclusively outdoors on a full range and I only use my phone. I put AirPods in so I can listen to music and hear the single spoken data point.  I also use my Apple Watch to change club selection.  I haven’t felt constrained by a phone display at all.

However, the face impact upgrade option requires a tablet because Flightscope says the face impact image with data won’t ergonomically fit on a phone screen.  I have an iPad, so that’s no big deal, but it means no watch integration (unless Apple now allows an Apple Watch to pair with an iPad.)

Thanks this is very good info and exactly what I was wanting to know. 

4 hours ago, Dan13 said:

I would say no. Prior to getting an iPad late last year I would use my iphone for my practice sessions referencing 9 data tiles only (no driving range view). Add in some slo mo video and it’s a way more productive practice session then pounding balls at a range blindly. I’ve focused on V swing plane in combo with path, FTP, low point, spin, ball speed and club speed.

Thanks very much.   Good info.  So just to be clear, you are unable to see the driving range view on a I phone screen shot, or you just didn't use it.   

Vokey

8 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Thanks this is very good info and exactly what I was wanting to know. 

Thanks very much.   Good info.  So just to be clear, you are unable to see the driving range view on a I phone screen shot, or you just didn't use it.   

I just didn’t use it. On reg size iPhone 12 not enough space to see the range ball flight and see all the metrics I’m interested in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

I just didn’t use it. On reg size iPhone 12 not enough space to see the range ball flight and see all the metrics I’m interested in. 

Yeah, I can see that..or not see it I guess !      I've been putting off picking up a new IPad, my current one I'm pretty sure is from the Eisenhower Adminsistration 🙂    LIke you'd I'd be mostly using it for the the data and occasional video to see with the data, at the time I get the I pad I might then add the Face Impact feature. 

• Like 1

Vokey

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Yeah, I can see that..or not see it I guess !      I've been putting off picking up a new IPad, my current one I'm pretty sure is from the Eisenhower Adminsistration 🙂    LIke you'd I'd be mostly using it for the the data and occasional video to see with the data, at the time I get the I pad I might then add the Face Impact feature. 

The range works fine on a iPhone.  You just have to scroll to get all the numbers if you need them there and now.

All the range session data is saved online for later review. 

• Like 1

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

39 minutes ago, St Jimmy said:

The range works fine on a iPhone.  You just have to scroll to get all the numbers if you need them there and now.

You can also reorder the data blocks of there's only 4 or 5 parameters you care about in a particular session, or switch to dashboard mode to see all parameters but hide ball flight model.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, St Jimmy said:

1 hour ago, Bubbtubbs said:

You can also reorder the data blocks of there's only 4 or 5 parameters you care about in a particular session, or switch to dashboard mode to see all parameters but hide ball flight model.

Thanks guys.  Yeah, I could see using the range view to see the flight and then just listening for say the ball speed or carry data point, then going back and viewing the whole session when I'm done.   

Do you all use the video portion much when your'e working on your game or find it helpful. 

Vokey

2 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Thanks guys.  Yeah, I could see using the range view to see the flight and then just listening for say the ball speed or carry data point, then going back and viewing the whole session when I'm done.   

Do you all use the video portion much when your'e working on your game or find it helpful. 

No, I use separate cameras and Kinovea software. Partly because I refuse to support iOS but mostly because it has better results.

That's indoors. Outdoors I never use video capture because it'll be just before a round.

Edited by Bubbtubbs
  • Like 1

I’m not big on using video to be honest. I do use the data parameter function though for start direction and left right dispersion from centre line when I am practicing as these are the things I feel gets loose in my game when I don’t stay on top of it. 

Edited by Alan Pllu
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I haven't yet, but am planning on starting this weekend.  I'm hoping that feature can help break my casting issues.  

edit- I just figured out how to sync the sessions saved on my device with the website. 

Imo, it's totally worth the price especially for someone like me that is buried under snow and using for a sim.  

I'm typically a play instead of practice guy during the season, but will now set this thing up in my backyard and hit balls into the net when my wife forces me to be home.   I wish I had it during the lock downs.  

Edited by St Jimmy
  • Like 1

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1