Taylormade SIM hybrid?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rory put the hybrid in play so not sure where the disconnect is?

Well however the conversation went it ended up in his bag so it doesn't matter. For a while at the start of a new season Dustin used to have TM's latest and greatest irons in the bag or a tournament

I now have about 28 shots with these after playing again this morning, and and I have yet to hook one. A few shots went left but that was me. They were not hooking, they just went straight left and ended up in the rough off the fairway. I've had a lot of hybrids, and I am not afraid of hooking these at all. The square (non-closed) face gives me a ton of confidence over the ball. I can really rip these without the fear of the dreaded hook.

Good to hear. Thanks.

Been playing the OG M2 since the release and the Sim seams like the only thing that could replace it. Several times at PGA SS and I really like the feel and staunch. Stock Ventus even feels good.

• Like 1

PXG 0811X+ Proto GD AD TP 5S
TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
PXG Gen2 0317x 19* Fuji Pro 83s
PXG 0211 4-PW Elevate Tour S
PXG 0311 Forged 50*/54* Elevate Tour S
TM HT 60*
TM MySpider X

Did you ever bend yours flat?

Has anyone bent theirs flat? I’m hitting mine left and the upright lie drives me a little nuts.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i have had the #3 bent flat. But I had to sent it to Carlsbad to have it done. It is not easy to do and they broke the shaft in doing so (it was not a stock shaft). They replaced the shaft. It is much easier to bend it without the shaft in the head. I ordered the #4, a half degree strong and 1* flat.

In the bag: Playing --- SIM TaylorMade driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM SIM (set @ 16*) with Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7S. 5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X (set @18.5*). HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S.,  RBZ-2 Tour 5 w/Fuji MCH 80-S alternates with SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9S,  Irons TM M-3 4i bent to 5i, loft TM P760 6-9,PW all w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW-TM Hi Toe 56* 4-way grind bent to 54* w/Modus 105-S, LW- TM Hi-Toe 60 C-grind Tour only custom grind raw face Grind bent to 59* w/NS Pro 950GH-S, Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype. Ball TaylorMade TP5X.
 Alternates in the Hybrids and 4-i depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Well while that makes sense, in my case the shaft broke in doing so. I am not talking about a "grocery store" shaft. It was a Fuji Atmos Blue HB Tour Spec 8S. What can be done is to put a steel rod or wooden dowel in the hosel for the bending I have heard.

It is the only time I have had a Hybrid bent after receiving it originally.

In the bag: Playing --- SIM TaylorMade driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM SIM (set @ 16*) with Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7S. 5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X (set @18.5*). HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S.,  RBZ-2 Tour 5 w/Fuji MCH 80-S alternates with SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9S,  Irons TM M-3 4i bent to 5i, loft TM P760 6-9,PW all w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW-TM Hi Toe 56* 4-way grind bent to 54* w/Modus 105-S, LW- TM Hi-Toe 60 C-grind Tour only custom grind raw face Grind bent to 59* w/NS Pro 950GH-S, Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype. Ball TaylorMade TP5X.
 Alternates in the Hybrids and 4-i depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Just put the Sim 4 hybrid in the bag and it is the first hybrid I have hit that simply goes straight or even fades for me. Was so impressed I quickly added the Sim 5 hybrid as well...amazing combination!

Edited by chasdr
spelling

Taylormade M6 10.5* UST V2 HL
Taylormade SIM Max 3 & 5 Wood UST Helium

Taylormade SIM Max 4 Rescue Recoil ESX
Ping i210 5-W Recoil Smacwrap 760

Callaway MD Forged 50* Nippon NS V90

Callaway MD Forged 54* Nippon NS V90

Callaway MD5 Jaws 60* Nippon NS V90

Scotty Cameron Golo

Just to post my experience with this club thus far. I got the 4h in hopes that it would not go left, but even with the Hzrdus smoke black shaft in stiff, it is still finding the left for me. Not pulls either. I line up to hit a fade and will hit a draw, the face just closes so hard on this club. If I try to hold off and hit way right, massive hook city. But, this thing is a monster for distance, although with my shaft option a bit unforgiving. But when hit on the screws I can get it out there in my 5w territory. Just hard to trust lining up right, trying to hit a fade to have it draw in. On the range I can hit one straight for about every 10 draws. I don't think I have successfully hit a fade yet. Couple of wipes, but not fades.

Anyway, the distance gap this has created is a bit of a conundrum as well. Used to play my old 4h at 200 yds or so. Relatively quick stop, so not much run out. With the hzrdus smoke black this is running out 20 yds or so. Good for tee shots, bad for 200 yd approaches.

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade M6 

3w: Taylormade 2016 M2

5w: Taylormade 2017 M2

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 4i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

• 3 weeks later...

So something rattles in my hybrid after I hit it. Then when you shake it it doesn’t rattle. Is it something I should submit for warranty or is it just loose epoxy? Seems to hit fine and everything 

• King Cobra F9 Speedback Driver 12 degree
  • Ping G400 5 wood
  • Titleist U510 - 3i 
  • Ping i210 4-w
  • Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50 and 56 degree
  • Taylormade Spider
  • Taylormade TP5X, Titleist Pro V1(x)
On 7/19/2020 at 5:29 PM, SMUGamer said:

Upright lie angles are CANCER for the golf swing!

Not if you’re 6ft3 and swing upright and down the line.  

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

Ping g410 17.5* synergy blue 70TX 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw modus 130x 

Artisan 53 59 modus 130s 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

I have the 4 and it’s not a hooker for me. If I make a horrible swing, sure I can miss left or right. But you know how some hybrids you just can’t go after because you know it’s going so far left if you connect with it? This one is not that for me. I bought the sim 3w, 5w and 4 hybrid after they released and the 3w and this hybrid are not leaving my bag. Love them both. The 5w is good but I’ve been messing around with a u510 a bit in its spot. Agree with the comments above that it’s not deep so I get under it a few times too. I think it’s the best hybrid to come out in a while. 

I’ve had the 4H for almost 2 months and it’s been great. I’m coming from a Cobra F6 which was also a good hybrid I was just wanting something new. The sim launches high and straight and I have had no hook issues. The sound is much more muted than any other hybrid I’ve used so even when it feels or sounds like you didn’t connect that great you look up and it’s a long, high, straight, laser. 

Just got my hands on a 19* SIM hybrid that has a head weight of 224.7grams. I play my 3H at 39.75", which is equivalent to a 3i length at 1/4" short of men's standard. Installed my Tour AD DI HY 95X shaft and we're way off on swingweight. By my calculations, the head is ~20 grams light in order to get into the D3-D4 swing weight range. Anyone else experiencing similar? What would be drawbacks to performnce by adding the 20grams via hot melt (need to drill a port hole) and lead tape?

4 minutes ago, benjaminstoney said:

Just got my hands on a 19* SIM hybrid that has a head weight of 224.7grams. I play my 3H at 39.75", which is equivalent to a 3i length at 1/4" short of men's standard. Installed my Tour AD DI HY 95X shaft and we're way off on swingweight. By my calculations, the head is ~20 grams light in order to get into the D3-D4 swing weight range. Anyone else experiencing similar? What would be drawbacks to performnce by adding the 20grams via hot melt (need to drill a port hole) and lead tape?

Standard length for the 19* is 40.75" for a D3 SW.  If you are using a 39.75" length then you will need to add head weight equivalent to about 6 SW or about 12g @ 1.92 g/SW.

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3+ Wood, 13.5*, Accra TZ6/M4, 80g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5, 80g X
CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST, 102g X
TAYLORMADE SIM DHY, #4 & 5, Diamana Thump HY, 105g X
TAYLORMADE P-7TW, 5 - PW, TW Lofts, DG AMT Tour White, x100

TAYLORMADE P-770, 4 - PW, LE 10th Black Nippon Modus 115g, X
VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 53/9F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX
TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold

SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper

5 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

Standard length for the 19* is 40.75" for a D3 SW.  If you are using a 39.75" length then you will need to add head weight equivalent to about 6 SW or about 12g @ 1.92 g/SW.

thanks - yea I figured that would be what was needed, but up on the scale, we’re at 20grams to get to D3 at 39.75”. I’m wondering what performance impact we should expect with adding 20grams. 

On 8/3/2020 at 5:35 PM, AbSWFPGA said:

Has anyone got the 5 hybrid and used it as a 4 iron replacement because these things are so hot?

I recently did just that - pulled my 4 and 5 irons and generally use the Sim 5 Hybrid instead.  The launch is certainly higher and I seem to hit it just as straight and can even get it to fade when required.  Best hybrids I have hit yet...

Taylormade M6 10.5* UST V2 HL
Taylormade SIM Max 3 & 5 Wood UST Helium

Taylormade SIM Max 4 Rescue Recoil ESX
Ping i210 5-W Recoil Smacwrap 760

Callaway MD Forged 50* Nippon NS V90

Callaway MD Forged 54* Nippon NS V90

Callaway MD5 Jaws 60* Nippon NS V90

Scotty Cameron Golo

i have to say -- i'm in love with my 3H. it may have a 3 on it but i've replaced my driving iron with it. ideal fairway finder for me and it's really good knowing i can pull it to use goin into a par 5.

i WISH they made a 2H so i can lose my 3w haha 

• Thanks 1

SIM 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"

SIM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X

MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

This may be a question that's already been asked but I'm really not keen on reading through 10 full pages at this point. 

Anybody gaming a 4 iron and a 4 hybrid in the SIM? I've got an old trusty Titleist 3H in the bag right now that's seems to be on its last legs. Was going to just order the 19 degree and run with it but I don't want to create a huge gapping issue at the top of my bag. Any experiences or feedback on the 3 versus the 4?

Driver - Taylormade SIM, 9 Degree, Accra FX 2.0 360 M5

3 Wood - Titleist 917 F2, 15 Degree, Aldila Rogue Max 75X

3 Hybrid - Titleist 816 H2, 19 Degree, Fujikura Motore Speeder 85S

4-PW - Mizuno MP-20 MMC, C Taper 120S

50 Degree - Mizuno T20, S400 TI

54 Degree - SM8, D Grind, S300

58 Degree - SM8, M Grind, S300

Putter - Toulon Las Vegas H7

Bridgestone Tour B X

• 5 weeks later...

I’ve been looking for something to replace my TM Rescue 09 TP, specifically something that can give me 10-15 yards more to sit between my P790 3i and my Driver

I’ve hit the SIM UDi and Max Hybrid and the Hybrid is effortless to hit high and long...gives good yardage increase but thinking it may go just a bit too high with the Ventus Stiff.

Thinking of ordering with the Smoke 6.0 as I understand it ‘should’ flight it slightly lower and be a little easier to keep the face square/open....am I correct in this thinking??

Ping G410 LST 9' Tour 65 Stiff
Callaway Epic Flash SZ #3 HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
Taylormade P790 #3 C-Taper 120 Stiff
Taylormade P770 4-5 C-Taper 120 Stiff
Taylormade P750 6-PW C-Taper 120 Stiff
Nike Engage 52' Square
Nike Engage 56' Square
Nike Engage 58' Dual Sole
Nike Engage 60' Toe Sweep
Taylormade Spider X Copper
Ping Anser Nickel
Ping DLX Cart / 4 Series White Tour Carry Bag

• 1 month later...

Just bought a Sim Max 22 degree Rescue. I was affraid that I would draw it to much. I actually struggled to draw it. I hit a nice pull fade with it. I have gamed the TS3 hybrids (3 and 4) too, but I didn't like the look of the club. Sim Max looks more like a wood than an iron at adress, which I like a lot. Gives me a ton of confidence.