Taylormade SIM hybrid?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rory put the hybrid in play so not sure where the disconnect is?

Well however the conversation went it ended up in his bag so it doesn't matter. For a while at the start of a new season Dustin used to have TM's latest and greatest irons in the bag or a tournament

i think sometime in March if i remember correctly

Titleist TSi3 9° | Tensei AV Raw White 65S

Titleist TSi3 16.5º | Tensei AV Raw White 75S
Titleist 818H2 21º | Atmos HB TS Blue 8S
Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW | Modus 105S
Callaway MD5 50°W 54°S 58°X | KBS $-Taper 120S

Toulon Las Vegas H7 | Stability Tour
Titleist ProV1x

I have referenced previously that I put Fuji Atmos Blue HB 8S in my #3 19 (tour dept sent it @18*). Fuji sent me both the 8S and the 9S for this club and I went with the 8S first and haven't looked back. I have had the club for three weeks, great success.

By the way my club came with a lie at 60* and I was going to flatten it but the results have not produced a hook club for me.

In the bag: Playing --- SIM TaylorMade driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM SIM (set @ 16*) with Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7S. 5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X (set @18.5*). HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S.,  RBZ-2 Tour 5 w/Fuji MCH 80-S alternates with SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9S,  Irons TM M-3 4i bent to 5i, loft TM P760 6-9,PW all w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW-TM Hi Toe 56* 4-way grind bent to 54* w/Modus 105-S, LW- TM Hi-Toe 60 C-grind Tour only custom grind raw face Grind bent to 59* w/NS Pro 950GH-S, Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype. Ball TaylorMade TP5X.
 Alternates in the Hybrids and 4-i depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Sweet that’s good to hear I have a backup I might think about putting in the SIM Max. They didn’t have it as an option on the fitting cart

Titleist ProV1x

After having my 19* for a couple days now Im really tempted to order the 22*....just super forgiving and gets plenty of height and stopping power.

Titleist ProV1x

I have not hit the sim hybrid a ton but I am still very on the fence. I still hit it left. I got good numbers, it as good as the callaway super hybrid but that is a different beast all together and not a true apple to apple comparison. I have found the super to be the only hybrid that was truly anti left.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

my 4i is 21* so the 4 hybrid would replace it as my 200yd club I get the same distance with the 4i but I get there with more height and stopping power with the hybrid. I don’t carry a 3i but the 3hy fills the gap at 220yds between the 3W and 4i/hyb

Titleist ProV1x

Last weekend I was at the local shop wanting to hit UT's as a way to enjoy an unseasonably warm N.E. winter. The rep sets me up with the TS3 19* and 20* U510 to try. Hit them good about the same distance but short for what I was looking for. My last 19* hybrid was the X2Hot that I used a DG Sl-S300 in and was 235yds off the tee all day! I was getting 205-207-210 type #'s with the TS3 and 215ish with the U510. I ask the rep "How accurate it this?" He gives me the "Oh here we go again" look and said "very". I laughed and asked "How many guys claim to hit it 300 but can't crack 240 on here?" He laughs "MANY!!!". I ask to try other clubs.

TM GAPR, ehhh didn't like it. We try the SIM 19*. Looked good. 1st hit, I flush it, without even looking at the screen I turn to him, THAT WAS HOT!. Turn around ....242yds total. I joked "Told you I should see 235". He gives me a snide comment. Next shot ...........253 yds. I hand him back the club "Think I proved myself here!".

Of all the clubs I have ever hit over the years, I don't think a club has ever exceeded my expectations to THAT level like this SIM hybrid. It felt fantastic and obviously VERY long off the tee!! That will be a seriously successful club for TM this year!! Definitely at least demo it and see if it works for you!

• Like 1

GBB 9* Fubuki Alpha 70x/RFE 9.5* Diamana Kai'LI 70S
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

I hit the hybrid at the range a bunch of times. Can't say I find it amazing really. I still play my Cobra f7 with a tour ad di hybrid shaft and the titleist u500. It does look nice at address though.

Taylormade SIM Driver
Callaway Mavrik 3 Fairway

Mizuno MP20 HMB 2i
PXG Gen 2 0317X 4 Hybrid
Titleist 620CB 5&6i, 620MB 7i-PW
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50SS, 54WS, 60ES
PXG Blackjack / Evnroll ER10

My 3H delivered last night...dunno if I'll get a chance to hit it or not this weekend (indoors).

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5
Taylormade SIM 3H - GD AD-DI 8x
Ping i(e1) 4-PW - Project X 6.0 
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L - KBS 610 Wedge
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 7

I have the Sim Max Rescue vs Sim Ti 5W going on right now.

Rescue is very good and anti left. High launch and good carry.

5W still trying to dial in the shaft, ordered mine with the matching Diamana 75x of the 3 wood. Works in the 3 wood very well but balloons in the 5.

So far it's easier to hit the Rescue consistently at the 235~ carry distance I want. With a stop just shy of 250.

I haven't bagged a Rescue in a long time. Last one was Adams DHY 18* which was still sorta hook prone for me. Then went without a long time in favour of GI 3/4 irons or UDI.

250+ I leave to the 3 wood.

Mainly looking to dial in a club for the 230+ Par 3s between the Rescue or the 5w right now. High flight with some stop power is what I am after.

If I dial in a shaft that tames launch and spin on the 5W I might bag both if a gap exists.

Also bagging P790 Ti 4 iron which is a rocket launcher in its own right. But has lesser carry and more roll to it. Great off the tee for short Par 4 where a flighted low tee shot is prime. Or great when you can let the ball run up to the green.

Have you hit them both on a monitor? If so, what are ballspeeds and stuff like? I'm looking to try out a 4h again in leui of the regular 4i for a little more fotegiveness but I'm probably around 100mph on the 4i so many higher listed hybrids and woods can balloon a bit on me. Was about to pull the trigger on a 23* 818h1 and open it to 22 and set it flat.

SIM Max 9* | Ventus Black 6x

SIM Ti 19* | Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Cobra Speedzone 18.5* | Accra FX 2.0 380M5

Titleist 818H1 | Ventus blue 10x

i210 5-PW | X100 Tour Issue

Ping Glide 3.0 50/12, 54/12 | S400 Tour Issue

Cleveland CBX Full Face 60/10 | S400 Tour Issue Onyx

Cleveland SOFT Premier #4 (Compass Golf Co. Custom Atwood incoming!!)

ProV1x

Rescue beginning to win the battle.

Ball speeds between both are very comparable, but swing speed changes a bit due to the shorter shaft.

Sure 5 wood can run out 5-10 yards or more occasionally, mainly due to more swing speed and longer shaft.

But I find the rescue hitting much more consistently overall. Carries a certain number more consistently, total distance more consistent. Shape and flight. Etc.

5 wood is more prone to mishits, likely due to length of club vs rescue. Will stretch some out longer, but because of roll out. Not necessarily carrying it longer. Which isn't what I wanted. I wanted a high carry and somewhat of a stoppage for that 230-240 range. Approaches from Par 5 or for those pesky long par 3s.

Like I said before, always hated the hybrids. Too hook prone. Adams DHY 18* was about the only one that I ever tolerated long term in my bag. Used GI long irons or UDI instead. This year I think I will have this Rescue between my 3 wood and my iron set. Also made the P790 4 irons the Ti version this year to help.

P790 Ti is another gem. Great utility club. Hot face. Had to tweak my 5 and 6 P790 iron lofts a little strong to make the 19* 4 iron head work and gap out. Rescue has a higher flight and longer carry. The P790 Ti 4 iron will fly lower but land and run out a bit more. Handy off the tee, and can be good when you can run the ball up to the green.

Whereas the Rescue will be when I need to hit a high carry ball to land and come to a stop on that 230-240 number.

So I hit the 4h just a few minutes ago at PGA Tour super store. Not sure if they had the new GC Hawks juiced up but I was seeing 142mph ball speed and about 220 carry... an absolute monster. Honestly in the 4h slot, it's too long... I was seeing fairly low spin but I'm not sure if that's just the soft ERC ball I was hitting or what. Launch was around 14-15* and spin was only about 3-3.8k. I got one shot up to 145mph ball. For comparison... I would expect to see 145 out of a 3h... not a 4. Essentially this club performed in all ways exactly like my old 3h did.

ProV1x

Yes stock 6R Ventus. I mean... Hard to say because in a 4h I'd probably be in a 90 gram X flex, so... I'd say for me it wasn't the right shaft, but the head itself felt really solid and my ball speeds were pretty insane. I imagine with the 90g x flex, my ball speeds might decrease a bit but I'd gain back a lot of dispersion, which is exactly what I need. I mean... I was not a believe at all which is why I went to hit it. Unless GC Hawk was set to "insane mode" I've never seen ball speed this high before from a 22* club. I know part of it was the slightly longer shaft but I peaked at 145mph on the 4h and normally that's my 3h ball speed (usually 19* hybrid is from 145-148 for me).

• Like 1

ProV1x

Felt pretty good, surprisingly tight feeling. Usually R flex light Graphite will feel very tip soft but this did not.

ProV1x

I went with the 4h with stock ventus stiff. I think it’s pretty good. I was hitting it pretty high today but with a hybrid that’s not always bad. For me that’s my 200-210 club and it was right on the number today. The best thing was not a single hook. This thing was dead straight or a baby fade and like the woods it feels great.