Taylormade SIM hybrid?

benjicoz

Wait, so according to the story these are all retail heads that were designed for a 60 gram regular flex shaft with very upright lie angles that are not bendable, (i.e. not for better players) and that they were genuinely surprised that the tour guys liked it. Now, you are saying your inside guys is telling you the heads were designed for better players? You have to admit it is kind of contradictory. I know you are just the messenger, but it sounds like they need to internally get their marketing story straight here. Like they need to say something like, "we designed these to be high launch and forgiving, but with a neutral flight that 'better players' can also enjoy." I'm not bashing, I will likely get one as I just waggled it at the shop and love the look. Just there is a lot of marketing hype, second hand info and possibly mis-information surrounding these.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Its a solid business strategy in my mind. Gapr was not a success as far as I know and not that many regular players have the game or speed for the p790 udi.

Positioning the hybrid as a "Hey, look DJ plays this, too" brings lots of players back to TM for a club they have not traditionally done well in. Plus, I personally have hit it and from that one time, I'd say they are legit. I plan to confirm this though by hitting again.

Yeah I'd be interested to talk to a person in the know on how they designed this so it didn't over draw. Compared to most of the market these play fairly upright, yet when I was hitting the 4h I was pretty much hitting it straight and the only time it produced the hook flight was when I hit it from the toe.

Stock open face or toe weighting internally ?

Maybe you both can agree that Rory likes it, bags it and that made for a great marketing strategy for TM. Who cares anyways?

As a guy who doesn't bag a hybrid, i'm intrigued. I've always liked the higher flight from a hybrid compared to a long iron but couldn't get over the hooks. I haven't been able to try them out but it seems it does sit more open at address than of years past.

Also got my first range session in with this, SIM Max Rescue 3h with GD DI-85x. Hits high straight bombs. Tried to hit a hook, and just got slight draws. I prefer to hit a slight fade, and this just wants to go straight to slight fade. Feel like there's more forgiveness over my Apex hybrid. Really like the way it looks at address. I did feel like the swingweight felt a little light, so I'll have to get that checked out. Looking forward to more testing and getting this out on the course.

Titleist TSR3 9* Diamana ZF 60s
Titleist TSR3 15* Kai'li 70s

TM SIM2 Ti 19* Kai'li 70s

Titleist TSR3 24* Atmos Blue 8s
Srixon ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX6 46,50,54,58 
Betti BB46 or QB6 or Betti BB Proto

Tensei White 90x

Tested ADDI 85x & it lost to the above on spin. Too much. Ballooned. Tensei more consistent with better carry.

In the bag now over the 5w

Currently going back and forth on driver between regular Sim 9 set at standard or the Max Dtype 9 set to LOWER sitting open and loft -2*

Deep face Max D head bombs it. Opening it reduces spin & amount of draw for me. Forgiving af.

Playing the Sim Max open for me or reg sim open is not favourable. Gets too fade biased block right prone.

M5 9 used to be set to Standard. Forward & heel weights.

Used to game R1 as -2* at 8* and sitting open w/ draw bias. Not exactly surprised the Dtype Max clocked open at LOWER is working.

Honestly, it ends up playing like my old 9015D and Cleveland Hibore XL/XLS Tour heads pre-dating my TM days.

Open face address, but they had some draw bias to counter the open. That was back when you had no sleeve and it was glued hozel.

The thought to do it with D-Type never occured to me before because there wasn't such a big difference in the face depth on the M6, and the M5 outshined in ballspeed.

With the Sim line all 3 heads put me in the same ball speed range. So I am not losing by dabbling with the Dtype set open. Only maybe a smidge more spin by say 200-300 RPM but my carry is right in line with the regular Sim head set at Standard.

Opening the Sim Max or Sim heads though so sit open at address seems to cause me pushing right moreso. Not a fan. Tried the Rory and Day setup or setting up the Max for more forgiveness and anti left. The Dtype just does it better and I am really digging the way deeper face.

As always, it's when you get on the course that the real story shines. Until then it's just Foresight data to me. I could game either driver set up and be OK it seems. The deep face is just more fun to me. And it seems to respond better on my mishits. More consistent.

Rescue is in the bag to stay. Never thought I would say that. Was never one for Rescues. Hooked them all. This one hits tight shapes, flies high and gives me a good consistent carry number and total that I was trying to gap.

Faldo kept saying that at Torrey but it was the 3H

Mizuno ST-Z 220 10.5* - Tensei Blue Raw AV 65S

Ping G425 5w 16.5* - Alta CB 65S, Ping G425 7w 19.5* - Tensei Orange AV Raw 75S

Mizuno CLK 22* & 25* - Tensei CK Blue 70S

Mizuno 919 HMP 5i-PW - Recoil 95 F4, Mizuno T22 54 & 58 - Recoil 95 F4

Odyssey 2 Ball Ten White Hot Tour Insert

Great news. Traded in two putters and two hybrids that never loved me. Got a 4H for free, once they check out the trade-ins.

Hit it on my Skytrak today, and wow. I've always struggled mightily with the left hybrid shot and distance. I was playing four irons more than my four hybrid. I'm getting 194-201 consistently straight, absolutely sold. Going to get a 3H when I order 5-P MP-20 HMBs in a couple weeks.

Easily the most excited about a bag setup then I've ever been before going into 2020.

Got out to play a few and test my 19* Sim Max hybrid after having a Hzrdus Black 105 6.5 tipped 1” installed. I’ve never been a hybrid guy, always found them to go left quickly and hated most of them. The Sim sets up nice and feels good. I don’t agree with most that this hybrid “won’t/ doesn’t want to go left”. I was still a able to hit several pulls and over draws with it even on a couple swings that felt good. Not 100% the clubs fault, but it will still go left if you don’t put a good swing on it. I will say it’s one of the better hybrids I’ve hit in awhile and even seriously considered gaming. Still too early to really say but all in all very nice club and may earn a spot in the bag. Just wish the lie was flatter and TM offered better shaft options...

Just get the ping g410. Problem solved

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Hahah, yes. It makes me wonder how many people that don't find it to be a hook machine or think it's anti-left are actually over 6 feet tall and order all of their irons 2 degrees upright and such. Of course it's not going to be a hook machine for them, the lie angle is fine for them. I'm not sure how a stock club with a 60 degree lie angle at 40.75" could work for both Rory (at 5'9") and DJ (at 6'4") but, hey, maybe there's some weighting and sole camber type magic that just works.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

For that shoot, im still skeptical these are "retail heads". how can they build clubs to spec with retail heads without a hot melt port? especially for DJ at his height and Rham. Rory swings it 120mph so it would seem unrealistic for him as well......i dont know...just doesnt add up for me based on the article posted and what i see on film.

once the popularity exploded, i can understand the tour truck issues though