Colorado WRX 2020

pseudoswede

I'm heading out on Thursday. Interesting on the bugs and ticks. I wonder if they were in the trees a bunch or if they were getting them from the long grass? Ticks are no joke and I don't like messing with them with all the Lyme's disease junk. I can't wait to go although the weather report is getting windier and windier each day that goes by.

I liked the TP5X but found that from 8 iron- 2 iron my distance dispersion was a little more sloppy. When I hit when really good it went extra far, and when I hit one really bad it went extra short. I tend to do that a lot so the Srixon was a little more consistent for me.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Yea the tick comment came up odd to. The response I got when asked how it was.... "Great, conditions were excellent...BUT bring some DEET as the TIcks are out"

I missed the club face so much does not matter for me =) The XV is a sweet ball though, You should grab a sleeve the new Tour Bx. The XS is great too but It does spin a lot for me and on longer irons/clubs is shows. I find the BX does not curve as much too for some reason??

My wife wants to get back into golf, but it appears it's beneath her to play with golf clubs from 1994 (given to her by my mom in the early 2000's). haha

Last week, Callaway Pre-Owned was having a pretty good sale. I picked up...

Epic Flash 12° driver ($155) - average condition, definitely signs of use, but still looks greatEpic Flash 3-wood ($105) - average condition, could've been graded higher2019 Big Bertha 4H & 5H ($90 & $87)2019 Big Bertha 6-PW, AW, SW ($575)We're not going to Sweden this summer, so I spent the money I would've one plane ticket on golf clubs instead. Not a bad compromise!

My 12yo is in golf camp this week at Family Sports. When she connects with a ball, it's a beautiful thing--120yd 8-iron, and it has a sweet draw just like her old man. haha

• Like 1

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Anyone locally want some free Arccos sensors? I switched over to the Arccos grips so my old sensors are just laying around. It's not a complete set as I've lost some over the years but I have 11 club sensors and an older style putter sensor. If you've wanted to check out the system (I love it) this could be a way to do it. If you like it you can then order a few replacement sensors to complete the set or just get a new sensor set.

Also, I got fit yesterday and ordered some new irons (Mizuno HMBs here I come!). So after those come in a few weeks I'll be trying to sell my current irons. Figured I'd ask if anyone locally here is interested or knows of someone looking.

They are Callaway Apex CF16s, 5-PW + AW, Dynamic Gold S300 shafts, standard lofts, 2 degrees down on the lie (had them checked and reset in 2018). They have about 3 years of play on them, so I'd say they are in pretty good shape with how much they've been used. Of course if anyone is interested I'll send pics. I also put on the new Arccos grips this year (Lamkin Crossline midsize) in January, so if you currently use Arccos you'd have that benefit. If not then you can try...I think, not sure how that works.

Anyway, similar set on Callaway Pre-Owned is around $450, but I'd be happy to sell them around $400. So before putting them on BST or Craigslist, figured I'd ask in here first.

• Like 1

My best round this season at my Thursday night beer league at South Suburban was 42, but most of my rounds have been much worse.

Last night, save for a 3-putt bogey on the first hole, was probably the most solid round (37) I've had in almost a year. That included driving the ball into the lake on #5. I pretty much put the ball into the fairway every hole, almost all of my approaches were solid (had multiple, uphill birdie looks under 15 feet), and not a single blow-up hole on the card. If I was actually a half-decent putter, I probably could've finished under-par.

Meanwhile, Jacob makes everything look easy and shoots a smooth 38. If he was able to get the uphill putts to the hole, he would've been under-par.

Just gotta try things out the Jacob way.

Sky a driver 1,000 feet upwards, for a grand total of a 200 yard drive (into the rough).Drop your club in the follow through.Complain about your approach shot because it's a blind green.End up with a 8' birdie putt anyway.

The ponytail is gone!! I forgot how long it had been since I posted on here/played with anybody. Lawrence mentioned that our first time out at SS too. Now I got a bleach blonde mullet thing going on. I'll never have normal hair.

Also...played Ute Creek yesterday. First time in a couple years. Forgot how much I like that course. The 3 par 3's and 3 par 5's on the back is awesome. Only $44 to walk, any time of the day...not just twilight. That's very reasonable.

However...I need to remember those greens DO NOT BREAK at all. I'd be reading 6-12" breaks in my line...and they didn't budge. I eventually started playing things that I assumed would break, right on the lip...and they wouldn't even budge half an inch. I missed so many birdie putts inside 15' because everything was dead straight. Still ended up shooting a 77, with 3 birdies and 2 doubles on the card. It was a wild back-and-forth ride.

It feels great to be playing golf regularly again.

• Like 2

Played the RIDGE yesterday late afternoon. Right now the course needs some TLC for sure, by the 27th it might come around.

Status as of yesterday. the fairway bunkers are in real rough shape (Ie: like no sand in half them.... no I was not in all of them but a group someone was it seems on each hole LOL) Greens, 12 of them are in semi decent shape, some patches here and there but there are 4 that are in rough shape for large areas. 15th in the entire middle of the green is dead right now. Fairways/rough are in good shape, some thin areas and some that are over grown but overall not bad.

That's a bummer to hear. The Ridge is my favorite course in the area. But I'd never spend $100+ to play it. Especially with conditions like those.

I know a few years ago they had a Millennial discount. I think it was like $42 or something?

I booked a round for Walnut Creek on Sunday. Haven't been out there yet this season. Hopefully it's not its typical super windy self.

I was surprised actually as I figured by now it would be in good shape. A friend won two rounds in an event last year which expired in March of this year, but since they were not open based on the Covid restrictions they honored them to end of June. Figured we better get it this week since the next two weekends are out of town golf trips. PLUS free is always good =).... I would of been P'd if we actually paid for the round in those conditions.

Also welcome back =)

Prairie Club was amazing. Dunes course is in my Top 3 all time and I've played a fair bit of places. Pines really grew on me this trip and moved up my rankings. Went with a fun group and all played pretty well which is significant on these types of trips. 36 hole days wear you out when you're hunting for balls. Wind was howling all three days but the courses set up pretty well to play in the wind and as a huge wind baby I didn't find it too distracting. The greens were phenomenal and in my memory were better this year than any prior. I've always made the case that prairie club has better routing, scenery, and overall atmosphere but Wildhorse's greens are a little purer and better. This might be changing.

YES we found ticks walking through the grasses in the horse course so your friend was not making it up.

They were telling us they have close to 500 total members and are going to be moving to a severely limited public play in the coming years. They estimate you will have to book almost a year in advance in order to play a weekend. It's great for them but definitely a bummer for us. There is also a new private course being built between valentine and prairie club that looks insane. It's built on the edge of the canyon verses along it. There are pictures floating around of the progress that are just ridiculous. Definitely worth checking out.

Finally, if you ever want to feel bad about your golf game, my younger brother played his first round in 10 months two days before we left, played 6 round at PC in a 20mph wind, shot between 78-84, and made 10 birdies. It's unbelievable.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Awesome. Pumped to be going since all other trips have been canceled this year for Covid and your comments are what I was hoping you would say.

I 100% aree Wildhorse has excellent greens (at least every time I have gone) so that is a big claim. Oddly I have been putting well this year with changes I have made so will be a good test.

Well DEET it is..... as I know I will NOT be hitting 14/14 fairways LOL

We are 2 full days at PC and 1day at Wildhorse end of next week. Appreicate the response and let you know how it goes..

Played Four Mile Ranch today. For some reason they are still keeping the greens long and slow. I wonder if they relied on volunteer workers and can't use them this year due to the virus crap. Otherwise in good condition except it looks like they had a loose oil or hydraulic hose and killed some of the green on 10.

Spent a long weekend in Summit County. Keystone River course looked to be in great shape.

seven dewey is so mean! haha

image.png

• Like 2

Hey guys. I'm curious if anyone is a member at Valley or has ever played the course. I've been thinking of joining there the last 3 years, and finally got the sign off from the wife. She loved the vibe there. It's 7 min drive from the house, and 15 min bike ride so convenience is awesome. Just looking for any comments on the club or course from anyone who has any.

Got my round in at The Ridge today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Weather was perfect and course is really nice. The bunkers were somewhere between awful and unplayable but they got hammered with rain last night so it's to be expected

I would go back again in a second.

Played some borrowed 845s with worn out grips and a 10* steel shafted Warbird. 2 iron, no fairways and just the original set wedges.

It was fuggn awsome!

• Like 2

I played it in the CGA member play day last year and liked it. Nothing amazing, but there's some interesting holes, conditions were very good and it is walkable if you don't like riding. They also have a nice little practice area with a few different greens you could hit full irons into. In Colorado Avid Golfer it's listed at $680/month which I think is pricey for what it is, considering that's in the range of other much better private courses in the area, but they do have a lower initiation. Unless you're young enough for the discounted junior initiation, ask if they have any discounts or deals on the initiation. They've been looking for members the last couple years.

Pro Tip #1 - DO NOT play from the tips at Heritage Eagle Bend. Although it's on the card, they actually don't have tee markers for them. Depending how you want to play, you will literally be playing from the back of the back tee box where the yardage placard is.

Pro Tip #2 - if you shank 10 out of 14 drives, see #1.

• Like 1