We got 4-ish inches in my neighborhood. My kids shoveled the driveway around noon, and by 4pm it was already bone dry (as is the majority of the surrounding streets).

• Like 1

[right]"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."[/right]
[right]--Unknown[/right]

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got to play Highlands Ranch yesterday, and played pretty damn well with an Eagle on 2. I drove the ball incredibly well, including a 348yd drive on 11 (there was some helping wind, but crushed nonethe

Alright, got back from Nebraska yesterday afternoon and wanted to  write a little about the courses.   The Prairie Club (Dunes):  Played a morning round at the dunes after driving up the day

This last weekend, I got to play Balleyneal for 3 days. What a great place! There was 8 of us, playing Ryder Cup style matches and side games. Golf was great, weather was great (minus Sunday morning),

Posted Images

hey gang 👋

any recommendations for doing club "inspections" in the denver area?

i'm about to re-grip my clubs, but first i want to check shaft tips (have seen rumors about c-taper tips bending), as well as lofts and lies. i don't need a fitting and am on a fairly tight budget. think frugal, not cheap 😜

clubs that need work: 2 sets of forged irons (p-4/p-3) + 3 forged wedges; probably not all at the same time.

club fitters i've seen mentioned in this topic so far:

lenny's (who's this?)
golftec
d'lance
club champion
Brian Gott (green valley ranch)
Dan Weitzel
@Noodler

any other recommendations?

thank you!

callaway big bertha alpha 815 DBD 8*, 70g diamana d+ x
TEE CB4 13* 3w, 80g diamana a'hina x
mizuno mp5 3-p, c-taper 130g
mizuno t7 50/55/60, c-taper 130g

SC bullseye platinum flange

13 minutes ago, hoselpalooza said:

hey gang 👋

any recommendations for doing club "inspections" in the denver area?

i'm about to re-grip my clubs, but first i want to check shaft tips (have seen rumors about c-taper tips bending), as well as lofts and lies. i don't need a fitting and am on a fairly tight budget. think frugal, not cheap 😜

clubs that need work: 2 sets of forged irons (p-4/p-3) + 3 forged wedges; probably not all at the same time.

club fitters i've seen mentioned in this topic so far:

lenny's (who's this?)
golftec
d'lance
club champion
Brian Gott (green valley ranch)
Dan Weitzel
@Noodler

any other recommendations?

thank you!

Dan and I live in the same area of town and are probably the lowest cost options from that list.  Dan has been doing this full-time for the past 5 years or so, while I just do this part-time (mostly for friends/family and some WRX'ers mixed in).  I'll message you with more info.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

We got 4-ish inches in my neighborhood. My kids shoveled the driveway around noon, and by 4pm it was already bone dry (as is the majority of the surrounding streets).

we probably got about 5" downtown. still plenty of snow and ice here. gotta be careful walking and driving, it's like a hockey rink! ⛸️ 🏒

Edited by hoselpalooza
words

Hoping we get enough warm temps over the next 2ish days so I can play Thursday afternoon. 🤞

Gonna be one of the last weekday rounds of the year since daylights savings time is ending 😞

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
Edel E-1

1 hour ago, thaar said:

Hoping we get enough warm temps over the next 2ish days so I can play Thursday afternoon. 🤞

Gonna be one of the last weekday rounds of the year since daylights savings time is ending 😞

Some of our Thursday group want to go out and play, but it'll probably be upper 40's (at the most) by 3:30pm. I've turned too fair-weather golfer for that kind of punishment. 😄

• Haha 2

[right]"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."[/right]
[right]--Unknown[/right]

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X

On 10/23/2020 at 2:11 PM, hoselpalooza said:

separate topic -- can anyone recommend a top-notch physio (not PT) in denver? 

i need to establish with someone to monitor and maintain some very minor back issues. have asked local friends and family for recommendations but apparently i'm the only one who needs a physio. 😅

no surprise here, but to cover all my bases i would prefer someone who's worked with elite athletes, particularly golfers. 

thank you!!

You could try Greg Roskopf.  He works with DeChambeau and a bunch of the Nuggest and Broncos players.  

https://muscleactivation.com/team/greg-roskopf/

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, ASak10 said:

You could try Greg Roskopf.  He works with DeChambeau and a bunch of the Nuggest and Broncos players.  

https://muscleactivation.com/team/greg-roskopf/

thanks for the suggestion -- and great minds! coincidentally, i just sent them a message via their website yesterday. waiting to hear back if they're a good fit or if they need more info from me.

regardless, i'm fascinated with what they're doing and think it could be worth working with them even if i have to do my physio-specific stuff elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 9:01 AM, pseudoswede said:

Some of our Thursday group want to go out and play, but it'll probably be upper 40's (at the most) by 3:30pm. I've turned too fair-weather golfer for that kind of punishment. 😄

Last Thursday was cooooold. Pretty sure it was in the mid 30's the whole round with a slight breeze. Fortunately we had a lot of booze 🤣

Edel E-1

2 hours ago, ASak10 said:

Anyone else doing the putting clinic Gott is putting on next week?  I just signed up, looking forward to it.  I've never had a putting lesson so looking forward to getting some advice.  I'm a solid putter but can always be better!  

haven't seen anything about this. not sure if i'm available, but could you share the details just in case? thanks!

• Like 1

a few days ago i hit some balls at aqua golf. first time at aqua golf and first time i've hit balls in 5 or 6 weeks.

moments after setting up, a young lady a few stalls down -- who was with a group of friends -- mishit a ball that caromed off of the rocks just below us and ricocheted backwards, striking me in my shin before casually rolling into the ball tray at my station. 

without missing a beat i turned toward her and thanked her for the "bonus ball", hoping to help her avoid any unnecessary embarrassment (it was not a fast-moving ball).

the guy in the stall next to me laughingly shook his head and told me he would've responded with, "ow, my leg!"

but the thing is, he had no idea how happy i was to be there, middle of the "kill box" or not! 😂

that face when it's been so long since i've hit balls that i would gladly take one in the shin just to hit another one:

image.png.3b65e512cb1c47964e489b9dc387ed39.png

Edited by hoselpalooza
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s been a while since I checked in here...  How’s everything been going for everybody?

I got a last minute tee time Saturday morning at 8:10am at Kennedy.  I hadn’t played there in 5 years or more.  I couldn’t putt into the ocean, but still had fun. We played as a 2-some, and we’re the first group out, finishing in 3:10.  Love getting out and finishing early. 

im planning on bailing on work for a half day on Tuesday.  I’ve got an extra spot at Noon at Commonground.  Anyone interested in playing?

Dang. My work gave everyone a free half-day PTO for Election Day. My direct report chose to take the afternoon off.

Interesting... I just saw that starting November 16, Kennedy is transitioning to Babe/West for 18 holes, and Creek will be the 9-hole course. I wonder if this is a seasonal or permanent change?

[right]--Unknown[/right]

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X

Deer Creek just sent out an e-mail.

• Course closed starting November 9 for the season.
  • They plan to re-design "several areas" of the course--whatever that means. They should first re-design the scorecard and make #2 a par 4 and #3 a par 5.
  • The area where the range is located will be officially razed this month to build new homes.
  • "Hopefully through the remodeling process we can incorporate [a] driving range in the new design perhaps in a much more desirable location."

Not really sure where they could possibly fit in a range unless they shorten holes and/or fill in the swampy area next to #9 (which sounds expensive).

[right]--Unknown[/right]

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X

1 hour ago, pseudoswede said:

Deer Creek just sent out an e-mail.

• Course closed starting November 9 for the season.
  • They plan to re-design "several areas" of the course--whatever that means. They should first re-design the scorecard and make #2 a par 4 and #3 a par 5.
  • The area where the range is located will be officially razed this month to build new homes.
  • "Hopefully through the remodeling process we can incorporate [a] driving range in the new design perhaps in a much more desirable location."

Not really sure where they could possibly fit in a range unless they shorten holes and/or fill in the swampy area next to #9 (which sounds expensive).

Par is irrelevant and just a number. The email implies they are going to be open in the spring so it can't be that much of a renovation unless they are only going to have 9 holes open.

19 hours ago, Dancin said:

Par is irrelevant and just a number. The email implies they are going to be open in the spring so it can't be that much of a renovation unless they are only going to have 9 holes open.

For handicap/rating purposes, I think they need to re-evaluate them. I mean, when you can go driver-wedge on #2, then have to go driver-4 iron on following hole on #3, I think it needs to be looked at.

There has been a pretty long-standing rumor that they were going to sell off half of the course to build more houses.

[right]--Unknown[/right]

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X

It was bleepin' hot today.

I was glad to get out and hit the Family Sports range with my dad this morning.

• Like 1

[right]--Unknown[/right]

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X

I think I've played Deer Creek once in the past 10 years and it was earlier this year.  Not sure what to make of it to be honest.  

I'm playing Pradera tomorrow and Murphy Creek Thursday.  Need to take advantage of this end of the season weather! Hope you all get to get out there a few more times.

Weather has been great lately, so I've taken advantage of it and been hitting up the short game area at the Burb a couple times a week lately to learn how to use my wedges to hit a variety of shots. It's an eye-opener and giving me so much more knowledge around the greens with an arsenal of shots - the time I spent at Titlteist Performance Institute was well worth it. I used to primarily use my 58* wedge for every shot within 110yds. When I'm within 40yds, I used to use big shaft lean for a low pitch, or a bump and run from just off the green. I didn't really know how to hit a shot any other way, so it really limited my options and ability to get up and down.

Now, I've learned to hit bump and runs, high chips/flops using the bounce, and pitches using my 50, 54, and 58. I've been focusing on shots from 15-40yds and have learned which club works best for the situation. If I'm outside of 18-20yds, hitting a high chip/flop type shot with my 58 tends to come up shorter than I'd like, where my 54* is much better suited for that shot. And I've found that using my 50 and 54 tends to be a much better choice for bump and runs. Right now, 30yds is my sweet spot. I've learned to hit a variety of shots from that distance to give myself a chance of making the putt - probably putting 2/3+ of my shots within 6' or so.

Looking forward to keeping this up over the winter. I'm hoping to be able to hit up the range at least a few times a month so long as the weather is decent.

I think I mentioned it here that I also drunkenly bid on a 10-pack of Golftec lessons at a charity tournament over the summer 🤣 so I'm going to start that soon. I've heard positive and negative things about GolfTec so I need to make sure I find the right instructor. There is one guy, nick Clearwater, that is highly regarded around here, but he has shifted to corporate. He's been on the golf channel, awarded as the top instructor in the state by Golf Digest, and I think a former long drive competitor. I pinged him through the PGA so hopefully I hear back soon. If not, I'll ask the guys at GolfTec. Fingers crossed.

My goal for next year is to get the index below a 5, so I have some work to do in the off-season to set myself up for success.

• Like 3

Edel E-1

Random observation when looking for clubs on BST or eBay...

Anyone else surprised at the number of left-handed golfers that play x-stiff shafted clubs over standard length and a degree or two upright lie? I think I've played with two left-handed golfers all season! 

😄

[right]--Unknown[/right]

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X

23 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

Random observation when looking for clubs on BST or eBay...

Anyone else surprised at the number of left-handed golfers that play x-stiff shafted clubs over standard length and a degree or two upright lie? I think I've played with two left-handed golfers all season! 

😄

I went out for a quick 9 last Sunday afternoon and came upon a group on on the 3rd tee; all 3 lefties. I joined them and played in and it was real weird seeing guy after guy line up on the opposite side of the ball. I asked if they ever had a 4th lefty in their group and they didn’t think so. 

• Like 2

Got out to Heritage Eagle Bend Friday. Weather was gorgeous....sad to see this weather today lol. I always enjoy HEB. It's not an overly difficult course, but I find the layout fun.

I started out playing great and was +1 thru 11 (started on hole 10), then the wheels started to fall off. I found the bunker on the par 3 12th hole, took two shots to get out but sunk the putt. Then proceeded to put my next tee shot in the water, but managed to save bogey. Was all over the place the next hole but saved par. Talk about an implosion in the works. I just was all over the place, but managed to scrape together some pars for the most part...until 18 where I doubled from a challenging greenside lie. Ended up shooting a disappointing 78. 

All in all, it was a good season. Improved my handicap quite a bit - I think I started around a 11, and managed to get it down to 7.1. Given the weather, it's tough to plan to play regularly anymore. I'm sure I'll get out a 2-3 more times before the new year, but there likely won't be any consistency to it. Time to focus on lessons.

Edited by thaar
  • Like 3

Edel E-1

Hope everyone is well.

Question has anyone played the following courses in Phoenix?  Raven Golf Club, Golf Club of Estrella or Ak Chin Southern Dunes?   

Might go down in after Thanksgiving and do a complete fitting. Figure knock out a few rounds while their.  Mainly before we all go back on lock down 😃 and Southwest has flights RT for $90 right now....!!!

Been 3 years+ on the gear, but more so the changes I made in my swing recently to my elbow issues figured might as well get a complete reset for the coming year.  2021 has to be a better year for all of us LOL 

The courses are just the closest relative to the fitter I am looking at.  I have played a number of the tracks in the area but thought I would hit some up I have not played.  There are few others I would like to hit but some are haul....

i've got the day off tomorrow and want to get in at least 9 somewhere close to the city (e.g. 20-30 mins drive from downtown). would prefer someplace walkable since i'm just bringing a few clubs and want to get some much needed cardio. 😅

anybody keen to join? or have some suggestions?

thanks!

edit: if anyone can make friday instead of tomorrow i could try swapping days off.

Edited by hoselpalooza
words