Shot Scope V3

7 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

@bhj83 @Stehal You won't see anything close to 30 cm until L1 + L5 satellites are both fully available.  There will still be mapping errors to deal with at that point as well although relative distances will be much better.

My putting concerns aren't really a mapping issue I don't think...it's more of I mark that the flag is on the front of the green and it actually shows it on the back of the green when I go to edit it. 

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

I am overall pleased with the V3 as it doesn't seem to miss any shots for me nor add any extra. The BIG disappointment is with the pin collect feature. On many of the holes when editing the round the pin location is nowhere near where it was on the green! There is no consistency either, longer, shorter, left or right. They are just waaay off on so many holes! Also, the accuracy of where approach shots finish relative to the green is off on a number of holes as well. I'm beginning to think the mapping of the greens is off as where tee shots finish seems to be fairly accurate. As there are plans for a couple new tee boxes and I don't want to push Shot Scope for a new map until those are built.

1 minute ago, bhj83 said:

My putting concerns aren't really a mapping issue I don't think...it's more of I mark that the flag is on the front of the green and it actually shows it on the back of the green when I go to edit it. 

That's GPS error.  Mapping issues are flag or ball being placed just off the green.  Even with fully capable L1 + L5, we will still see those kinds of mapping errors.

2 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

That's GPS error.  Mapping issues are flag or ball being placed just off the green.  Even with fully capable L1 + L5, we will still see those kinds of mapping errors.

If we're going to supposedly see 30cm accuracy then why would we have errors like that? And does anyone see value in the putting stats if we expect those types of errors? Part of the reason I decided to give ShotScope another try with the V3 was because of the accuracy claim and it's no better than the V2 in reality. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

26 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

If we're going to supposedly see 30cm accuracy then why would we have errors like that? And does anyone see value in the putting stats if we expect those types of errors? Part of the reason I decided to give ShotScope another try with the V3 was because of the accuracy claim and it's no better than the V2 in reality. 

The maps are based on satellite imagery layered over GPS coordinates.  Not sure the imagery or the registration process is good to 30 cm.

I just spoke to my buddy, an electrical engineer who specializes in GPS unit for a Fortune 500 company.  

L1 alone is very inaccurate.  error is as much as 30 ft.  L5 is available.  With dual band, the error should be down to 3 ft.  I think the real issue we have is the availability of L5.  And I wonder if V3 has own correction capability.  

I just assume it will get better as time moves on on on on on.....................   

I played a round this afternoon and decided to take pics of the greens so I'd remember exactly where the pin was. Not only did I have to fix numerous pins, but I was also wearing a rain jacket and I had a huge amount of those 2 ft putts that weren't even close. It also missed two driver swings for some reason. I made sure the watch was outside of my jacket sleeve but it seemed to really affect performance unfortunately.

Perhaps the most annoying and unexplainable tag was the one in my pics that I've attached. The 3rd shot was a putt from the back of the green and it marked it over by the cart path...WAY OFF. The first pic shows what ShotScope recorded and the second pic shows where it was actually from. 

PXL_20201022_003646254.MP.jpg

PXL_20201022_003659443.MP.jpg

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

Played this past weekend, and the firmware update did improve initial GPS connection / course detection greatly (took just a couple of seconds!). Post round editing was limited to a couple of misplaced pin positions (as noted above), but not as severe as some of those examples, and deleting an added wedge shot on the fringe of a green, which may have been me dropping the club when deciding between the wedge and the putter.

One other thing I noticed while in the website dashboard (not the mobile app), was the shot distances were noted to 2 decimal places (204.23 yards, for example) while on the app the shot will be reflected as 204 yards. Not sure if this has always been the case and I am just noticing, or if this is new.

Ping G410, 10.5 degree, Alta CB 55 Red

Taylormade RBZ, 15*, Matrix Ozik

Callaway Epic Super Hybrid, 18 degree, Aerotech Steelfiber FC

Callaway Rogue 4H, 21*, Aldila Synergy 60

Callaway Apex CF16, 5 - SW, Recoil 760

Callaway PM Grind 19, 60*

Rife 2 Bar Hybrid 

My putting stats would be a lot more accurate if I remembered to push the buttons every time.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Just now, RSinSG said:

My putting stats would be a lot more accurate if I remembered to push the buttons every time.

Would they? I always push the buttons and it's hit or miss. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

17 hours ago, RSinSG said:

I used manual mode for a while. It still seemed to record a lot of tap-ins as 2' putts and the pin location was no more accurate than the auto mode.

I was looking at arccos, but didn't like the annual subscription.  I do like how they've got strokes gained.  

Ive gone thru this entire thread and I'm hearing some like shot scope, but some aren't getting good results.   

It sounds like a good product that will get better with more firmware updates and I see pgatoursuperstore has it for 179, which is 40 lower.  Seems like its worth the risk.

Does anyone have both and if so which would you go with?

I’m guessing some of the pin placement issues are a result of not standing at the flag long enough while marking the pin. 

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

4 minutes ago, Cwing said:

I’m guessing some of the pin placement issues are a result of not standing at the flag long enough while marking the pin. 

Playing in a weekend foursome doesn't really allow you to linger around the flag long enough for your watch to catch on the GPS signal, unfortunately. I love the idea of what the watch provides, just growing increasingly disappointed in the execution. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

11 hours ago, Cwing said:

Agreed that that may be the case. However, you can't stand there forever holding up everybody else still left to putt much less having the group behind you waiting on you.

15 hours ago, Nick_E said:

I was looking at arccos, but didn't like the annual subscription.  I do like how they've got strokes gained.  

Ive gone thru this entire thread and I'm hearing some like shot scope, but some aren't getting good results.   

It sounds like a good product that will get better with more firmware updates and I see pgatoursuperstore has it for 179, which is 40 lower.  Seems like its worth the risk.

Does anyone have both and if so which would you go with?

I was a long time GameGolf original user. I went through three of the units as I had issues with dropping them In my driveway and then running over them (happened twice - I know, I’m an idiot.) I liked the system and was sad to see the company struggle. I then got a set of Arccos sensors but they didn’t last long as I didn’t like having a phone in my pocket. I didn’t opt for the subscription level and just used them as I did the GameGolf system. They worked fine and other than the phone, and the huge tags I think it’s a good system.

ive been using ShotScope for a couple of months and I think it is the best of the three I’ve used. I have only had a few weird extra or missed shots, and the only thing I have to edit is adding penalties and remembering where my putts were as I continue to forget to hit the 1,2 or 3 putt button. The watch would be a good GPS unit without the shot tracking and it works as well as the Garmin watch I used to have.

My only criticism of the unit is the watch band. I don’t like how it pops into place and several times it pops out during a round. Not a deal killer but annoying. I would prefer the normal buckle-type clasp.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

15 hours ago, bhj83 said:

Playing in a weekend foursome doesn't really allow you to linger around the flag long enough for your watch to catch on the GPS signal, unfortunately. I love the idea of what the watch provides, just growing increasingly disappointed in the execution. 

That's interesting. Pin placement is one thing I haven't seen a problem with. My problem is seeing the club I'm planning to swing on the watch, and still not finding that stroke on the console later.

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5 GD Tour AD Red 55 S
4W: Callaway Mavrik 16.5
Hyb: Wishon 2 & 3 (18*, 21*)
Redbird Avian Forged 5-GW
SW/LW: Miura 56*, 60* K grind

Putter: Miura KM008
Srixon Q Star soon to try Vice Pro Zero

1 hour ago, RSinSG said:

I was a long time GameGolf original user. I went through three of the units as I had issues with dropping them In my driveway and then running over them (happened twice - I know, I’m an idiot.) I liked the system and was sad to see the company struggle. I then got a set of Arccos sensors but they didn’t last long as I didn’t like having a phone in my pocket. I didn’t opt for the subscription level and just used them as I did the GameGolf system. They worked fine and other than the phone, and the huge tags I think it’s a good system.

ive been using ShotScope for a couple of months and I think it is the best of the three I’ve used. I have only had a few weird extra or missed shots, and the only thing I have to edit is adding penalties and remembering where my putts were as I continue to forget to hit the 1,2 or 3 putt button. The watch would be a good GPS unit without the shot tracking and it works as well as the Garmin watch I used to have.

My only criticism of the unit is the watch band. I don’t like how it pops into place and several times it pops out during a round. Not a deal killer but annoying. I would prefer the normal buckle-type clasp.

Thanks for the info, that helps a lot.  I'll probably pull the trigger soon.

3 hours ago, RSinSG said:

With regard to the watch band, mine keeps popping loose as well, mostly when I reach into my pocket. IIRC, one of the updates increased the sensitivity of the watch band to address the issue of shots being missed. I wonder, with that increased sensitivity, if the bands couldn't be reversed.

Played again yesterday and was frustrated with my Shot Scope. For the first time, it would not recognize a GPS signal and kept coming up with the error message, "No courses found within 11 km", even though I was standing on one. I tried to get it to connect multiple times, from various areas on the course, but no luck. I tried selecting both "L1" and "L1 +L5" GPS mode. I even tried shutting it off and rebooting a few times. Luckily, I also had my Garmin S2 with me, and that connected no problem, so I was able to get yardages. Now, it was a very cloudy, overcast day, but why the Garmin could connect with no issue while the Shot Scope could not, I have no idea.

I had also played the day before, with very similar weather conditions (different course), and the Shot Scope connected to GPS and recognized the course immediately (with good shot tracking results). I fully charged the unit when I got home, so it had 100% battery life available for the next day.

I'm playing a TPC course tomorrow, so I'm hoping for better results than I experienced yesterday. (But you can bet I'll be bringing the old workhorse S2 as a backup).

Rife 2 Bar Hybrid 

7 minutes ago, The Mad Hacker said:

Played again yesterday and was frustrated with my Shot Scope. For the first time, it would not recognize a GPS signal and kept coming up with the error message, "No courses found within 11 km", even though I was standing on one. I tried to get it to connect multiple times, from various areas on the course, but no luck. I tried selecting both "L1" and "L1 +L5" GPS mode. I even tried shutting it off and rebooting a few times. Luckily, I also had my Garmin S2 with me, and that connected no problem, so I was able to get yardages. Now, it was a very cloudy, overcast day, but why the Garmin could connect with no issue while the Shot Scope could not, I have no idea.

I had also played the day before, with very similar weather conditions (different course), and the Shot Scope connected to GPS and recognized the course immediately (with good shot tracking results). I fully charged the unit when I got home, so it had 100% battery life available for the next day.

I'm playing a TPC course tomorrow, so I'm hoping for better results than I experienced yesterday. (But you can bet I'll be bringing the old workhorse S2 as a backup).

Did you check to see if that course was mapped by ShotScope? They have a ton of courses but I'm guessing there are some out there that haven't been mapped yet by them. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

I've noticed that I have to be careful at times. I have a tendency, while sitting in the cart waiting for another golfer in my group to hit, to cross my arms and block the GPS signal. Unless I specifically look at the watch before I hit I don't realize it! It is possible that I have not reacquired the signal before hitting a shot, thus a "missed" shot on the watch. Hasn't happened often but I guess it can happen.

31 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

Did you check to see if that course was mapped by ShotScope? They have a ton of courses but I'm guessing there are some out there that haven't been mapped yet by them. 

Good thought, thanks. Just double-checked and the course is mapped.

Rife 2 Bar Hybrid 

Shot Scope issued another firmware update yesterday. It adds a "pause" function to the round so you can play multiple balls and any shots while taken on pause will not be captured. Also, you can get to the course, synch with GPS, select the course, put it on pause and go about hitting balls at the range or chipping and putting, taking it off pause when you are ready to hit your first tee shot.

Many, myself included, had to try to update the firmware two times or more to get it to finish successfully (three times for me on iPhone).

Also, ShotScope just started a Facebook group and it's very active so far. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

As a former Arccos user I really like the interface/analytics it provides over ShotScope. However, I like the ShotScope sensors (2G) over the Arccos sensors (7G).  Hopefully, one day the Shotscope data will be just as good as Arccos.  Fingers crossed!    

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

Yes, ShotScope is looking better every firmware release.  Once the dashboard and stats catch up to Arccos, it will be the best tracking system out.  

DRIVER - PING G430 LST

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 5W

HYBRIDS - PING G430 3H

IRONS - PING i230 4-UW

WEDGES - PING GLIDE 4.0 54S & 58E

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON SS NEWPORT 2

So I had a weird glitch with V3 yesterday.  I hit a 6 iron off the tee on a par 3, and for some unknown reason, it was recorded as my 4 hybrid instead.  I missed the green, hit a pitch with my lob wedge, and made the putt for par; both of those shots were there.

When I edited the round, I was able to delete the 4 hybrid, but when I tried to add the 6 iron, it wouldn't let me have it as the first shot on the hole; I could only add it AFTER the lob wedge shot.  I must have been doing something wrong, but after fiddling with it for several minutes, I just gave up and left the shot out completely.

Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, bluedot said:

So I had a weird glitch with V3 yesterday.  I hit a 6 iron off the tee on a par 3, and for some unknown reason, it was recorded as my 4 hybrid instead.  I missed the green, hit a pitch with my lob wedge, and made the putt for par; both of those shots were there.

When I edited the round, I was able to delete the 4 hybrid, but when I tried to add the 6 iron, it wouldn't let me have it as the first shot on the hole; I could only add it AFTER the lob wedge shot.  I must have been doing something wrong, but after fiddling with it for several minutes, I just gave up and left the shot out completely.

Any thoughts?

So, just to understand, you deleted the 4H shot instead of just using the drop down to change the club used?