2020 TaylorMade SIM and SIM Max drivers (in hand photos, M5/M6 comparison pics)

I compared my Titleist TS4 with a Ventus Black 6S 1” tipped at 44.5 inches today to the SIM and SIM Max. Was pretty impressed. Was intimidating to see how shallow the club faces are. Definitely would gravitate to the Max coming from a deep faced TS4.

I compared it to the stock length which I believe is 45.75 and I saw similar ball speeds.. Granted I felt much more comfortable hitting my fitted driver with a D8 swingweight. Highest ball speed on mine was 158.7 and with the max the highest was 160.4. Both averaged 155.2 on the dot. Spin was all over the map with the crappy indoor balls

Regular SIM definitely launched lower. Seems like 10.5 launch vs the other two were at 13.5 (definitely too high it seems). Played my TS4 at the D1 8.75 setting and the SIM and SIM Max were 9 degree XS shafts.

Still was impressed and definitely want to try them out in the warmer weather with the “in season” swing. Always feels like I get a lot slower in the off season and need to focus a lot more on timing.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy birthday to me. No really today was my birthday.

Hey WRXers on the TaylorMade trip...   Safe travels and see you soon. Come with an open mind. It's a SIM-mersion experience and we're gonna work hard to pick up some yards and extra fairways hot for y

Rory switched into a different setup right before the event started. He was in SIM 9.0 with the sleeve around standard coming into the week, but hit Day's SIM 10.5 with the face cranked open early in the week and liked it enough on the range to have one built with those specs. That's what he put in play. Based on all the push blocks he's hitting so far this week, it seems like that open face setup doesn't work for him in competition because he can't keep the face left of his path.

So yeah, his new driver may very well be gone soon based on the way he's driving it, but that doesn't mean the SIM will be out of his bag, as you're implying. He'd go back to the SIM 9.0 setup he had. There is zero chance he goes back to M5.

• Like 2

TaylorMade M5 8.0, GD Tour AD-GP 6S, 44.75"
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 3-4, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade P7TW 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft stepped)
TaylorMade MG2 52, Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade tour proto milled Juno, KBS CT Tour, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5
jll62's WITB

Unless you're speaking to Rory directly, there is no need to speak in terms of absolutes, because otherwise you're just guessing. I only reiterated what I heard on Golf Channel by someone much more in the know than you. Lastly, you're not being paid to play the SIM so its ok for others to share something that might be negative about this driver without you taking personal offense. There are going to many that like this driver and many that don't like it. Its all good......

Who's taking personal offense? I'm just countering your negatively slanted posts with facts; facts of which Notah was clearly unaware when he made the comments you referenced. And I 100% agree with your last two sentences. Some will love SIM, some won't. No skin off my back.

And for whatever it's worth, I have a hunch I'm far more in the know about the topic than Notah.

• Like 2

TaylorMade M5 8.0, GD Tour AD-GP 6S, 44.75"
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 3-4, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade P7TW 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft stepped)
TaylorMade MG2 52, Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade tour proto milled Juno, KBS CT Tour, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5
jll62's WITB

Negatively slanted post? I just stated what I heard and posted the TXG video sharing facts.........

What I stated was noteworthy for the thread because it pertained to the best driver on the tour (Rory) which means more than a guy that is one of the worst drivers on tour. So no need for you to be the eternal defender (for your own psyche or something) of the SIM just because you're playing it (no one cares). The SIM will either outperform folks current drivers or it won't. It's that simple. Your last comment is laughable. ?

My SIM arrived yesterday and took it out cold this morning. Lots of rain in western NC yesterday so our range is closed today. My driver for the last two years has been the M3 8.5 turn lower with GD Tour AD IZ6 S fit by Club Champion. I’ve never ordered a club without hitting but did this time. I ordered a SIM 9 with Ventus Blue w/Velocore 6 S. Both drivers play 45.25 and I played the SIM in standard loft setting. Unfortunately I couldn’t do any comparison of drivers today but initial thought is very impressed with the SIM. My misses were better with the ball holding it’s line (no dives to the left). Walking off 16th tee one playing partner said you misses are really good today. I hit 7/13 fairways, one hole is a 3W off the tee. More testing to come and I want to swap shafts a little but initially impressed.

My untipped Ventus Blue 6X is 4 1/16” from the tip to the “E” in Velocore. Or 4 7/16” from the end of the full adapter.

SIM 9* Tour AD IZ 6S //  SIM 15* Tour AD IZ 7S //  SIM 19* Tour AD DI 7S //  P770 KBS $-Taper 110 //  MG2 KBS $-Taper 110 //  Hi-Toe KBS $-Taper 110 //  Spider X SuperStroke 1.0 PT //  TP5X

Appreciate it. There was a blue posted on BST the other day and was able to use the photos to figure out it should be around 4” so that sounds right on the money.

Taylormade SIM 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TS2 16.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 72x
Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW - DG Tour Issue AMT X100
Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Cleveland RTX4 Raw 58.03 - DG Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider X
Bridgestone Tour B XS

saw my SIM Max and Max 5w shipped out yesterday and will be here Tuesday. Weather looks doable for getting out with it.

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

I took my SIM out on the course today. I only played 9 holes and hit the sim 4 times and didn’t miss a fairway. I also drive one green. 3 putt pare but who cares, I drove the green the was about 365 out. The SIM is good!

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

I swing around 125 with a driver. I am all game for a sponsorship if they want... I don’t think I would be much benefit to Taylormade. But hey, I am an easy sell haha.

I played 9 today and shot plus 1 with an easy eagle. 536 yard 5 five Driver, 8 iron from a skycaddie measured 180 yards, one putt from about 12ish.

Short game was so so bad. Otherwise it was a great day.

I dunno mate, somefin tells me it’s the best course of action me gov’na.

• Like 2

Finally made a trip over to GG while the wife did some shopping. I gotta say, the best part of the lineup is the sound. I've hot melted my M1 for sound, but these just sound crunched every time. I did not notice a need to loft up for me. I tend to be a high launch and spin player (14-15/2800-3100) as I tend to hold off through impact to play a fade and found the best fit for me was with my Aldila rogue silver with the 9* lofted down two clicks. Not sure I found enough difference to drop $600 bucks, but if I can part ways with some gear laying around for the 150% trade in stuff i might take the plunge. Probably wait til the season gets going to try it again out on the range to see actual ball flights.

Yes. I work at a course and ordered directly with our rep. I think I ordered them 3 or 4 days after the release. It originally said 2/7 shipping for mine as well. So I'm glad to get them earlier.

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

i grabbed a demo 9* Max from my club with an Oban Limited today for a quick 12 holes in the sim. I did not bring my driver so no apples to apples today but I was ~5 Mph ballspeed faster with the TM than I was Monday in the same sim, it’s a flightscope XI and pretty accurate from what I’ve seen. Maybe just swinging faster today though. It looks great at address and the blue face screws + blue oban is a pretty sweet combo.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3+ Wood, 13.5*, Accra TZ6/M4, 80g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5, 80g X
CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST, 102g X
TAYLORMADE P790, 4, 5, 6, DG TI AMT White, x100
TAYLORMADE P770, 5, 6; P7MC, 7, 8; P7MB, 9, PW -- Black Modus3 LE 115 X
TAYLORMADE P7TW, 4 - PW, Black Modus3 LE 115 X
TAYLORMADE MG2 52/9; Hi-Toe 56/10; MG2 60/8 -- Project X LS, 6.5
VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 52/9F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX 
TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold