2020 TaylorMade SIM and SIM Max drivers (in hand photos, M5/M6 comparison pics)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy birthday to me. No really today was my birthday.

Following up on this. I went through a fitting today for a new driver. Had similar results as @halfsumo. Current driver is a TS3 w/ stock hzrdus smoke stiff. SS is 99-103, low 140’s ballspeed 1.42

Was able to do a second round of testing of SIM vs my M5 Tour. Still saw the ~2mph ball speed and club head speed increase with a little lower lower spin. I'll say it again but it is the best feeling TM driver I've hit. It feels so smooth. SIM is in the bag for good already.

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5
TaylorMade P770 3-5 Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 6-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw 52 & 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade MySpider X Black
Taylormade TP5

Both 9 degree lofts set to the lower sleeve setting.

TaylorMade SIM 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5
TaylorMade P770 3-5 Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 6-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw 52 & 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade MySpider X Black
Taylormade TP5

Supposedly the small font "velocore" from the real deal ventus i the only thing absent from the Ventus in the sim max.

Bait and switch.

PING G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X

PING G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D

Putter ?????

Bridgestone Tour B X

Slower SS should go Max at a higher loft (10.5).

If you swing 90-95 I wouldn't even attempt to purchase a Regular SIM. It would be a total waste (Think SLDR).

Taylormade SIM MAX 9 (Set to 8.25U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Don't care what they look like, so long as they perform!

Taylormade M1 9.5 Project X T1100 6.0<br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 15° Project X EvenFlow Blue 75 <br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 19°, 24° Project X EvenFlow Blue 85 <br /><br /> Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5-6 & MMC 7-9 True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT X100 <br /><br /> SM7 Vokey 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D Tour White AMT S400 & Bettinardi Inovai 3.0

Money, with snow falling here I am only a little jealous that you got yours early. Best looking head at address I have seen in a long time. How often do you find yourself staring at it.

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
PXG Gen 2 Hybrid 17* HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

I had my pro call today (he’s a Titleist guy) and ask about Ventus Blue upcharge. They told him no upcharge. I said I don’t think that’s correct and he said I’ll confirm on Friday.

Not sure if I want to get the real deal Ventus to try or order a stock shaft and put my IZ in the head.

Man this thing sounds sooooo good.

Titleist TS3, 9.5, KKDC 60
Titleist TS2, 15, AD DI 8
Titleist 818h2,19,  AD DI 105
 Titleist AP2 4-pw, Project X 
Titleist Vokey 52,56, Project X 
Taylormade HiToe 60, KBS $taper Black
Scotty Cameron Studio Style GSS Newport 2

Seriously. The rest are clueless. I watch them for entertainment but the TXG guys are the only you tuber reviewers that I put any stock into.

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

I have the SIM driver coming Thursday. I have been playing the M5 9.0 with Ventus Blue 6-S (original Ventus). Frankly the control and accuracy has been spectacular. Interestingly in talking with Carlsbad I have elected to try the 10.5 SIM for a couple of reasons, 1. I like to open it up a bit thus delofting it. 2. it is supposed to be lower spin plus if this loft works for Jon Rahm then why not try it. While the plan is to look at both the Ventus Blue 6-S and the 7-S as I have a couple of each. If the "Traj" is too high I will look at the Ventus Black 6-S. Also I do like to hit the big club off the ground on big par 5s and into the wind. Anyway I will know more in a few days. Also working out the TM SIM Max #3 Rescue

Lots of experiments coming. As I if these new TMs aren't enough, I am testing a 3wd that is not a commercial club. Can't say more. It is not designed for everyday players. Experimental prototype at this point. For it I have the Ventus Blue 7-S and the Ventus Red 7-S ( I really love the Ventus line). So Friday and Sunday should be fun hopefully. (Saturday is for the 49ers! Although I may hit the range for an hour.)

In the bag: Playing --- SIM TaylorMade driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM SIM (set @ 16*) with Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7S. 5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X (set @18.5*). HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S.,  RBZ-2 Tour 5 w/Fuji MCH 80-S alternates with SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9S,  Irons TM M-3 4i bent to 5i, loft TM P760 6-9,PW all w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW-TM Hi Toe 56* 4-way grind bent to 54* w/Modus 105-S, LW- TM Hi-Toe 60 C-grind Tour only custom grind raw face Grind bent to 59* w/NS Pro 950GH-S, Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype. Ball TaylorMade TP5X.
 Alternates in the Hybrids and 4-i depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

I love that new drivers come out almost every year or 18 months, I’m alway criticized for switching up equipment, why not just stick with one? Well you look at a club inside, you hit in a bay, you get in the real light outside and all sudden does not fit the eye! Maybe you see carbon fiber weave more, the sun glares off it, it sounds different, so many personal things play into switching out, along with actual playability! I feel I’m more a flat/matte color guy. I traded my M5 and awaiting new cobra, but opted for the yellow with glossy head. The nice thing about living 20 mins from continental golf is $60 and you can matte that head however you want! So that said considering one driver over another it’s frustrating at times and does bug myself, I know I’m switching up too much, the M5 was one of the friendliest drivers I ever hit, but when compared to a 4 year old Callaway I picked up mint for $85, I’m like dam! The thing though is it had a deep face and I enjoy more a lower profile head like G410, M5 and older cobra’s. I’ve been hearing about TS4, curious, heard so much good about the 2 & 3, but other day a guy dropped off some stuff at the shop I mentioned, I don’t know him, but they do. I started looking at drivers while just hanging out, asked, “you have a TS4?”, I get the eye roll and yep right there, but I won’t sell it to you! I’m like why? You saw the guy that dropped that stuff off, that was his, he is a + handicap, very good player, said was worst driver he ever gamed, so thus at my defense, if it just don’t work, it don’t work, try another. I have nothing bad to say about TM, I just think if I got SIM MAX, for me as a 7, I would just be hitting a different colored M6. Thanks guys.

side note, had the F9 loved milled face so forgiving but not longest, so newest SZ has me intrigued.

The only other one I give any serious view to is Michael Newton. He may not swap shafts and toy with weight settings too much, but he's very consistent, a good player, and I can at least tell if he's hitting something really poorly.

He's the reason I gave ts3 a go. His ballspeeds with that club were better than anything else.

The txg guys do really good reviews and matt has a consistent flight too. But you saw in the vs m5 video that he said m5 was better for someone who hits the center and I haven't found that to be the case (though I do usually pepper the center).

Shiels is what he is, etches is funny, robinson is...., crossfield is...well, I'm not sure what he is, a shorter version of shiels?

I liked shiels review of sim though. He at least moved that front weight around to show how performance changes.

• Like 1