Couple of us are headed to Mesquite for a few days the courses we are hitting up are:

Coyote Springs

Contestoga

Wold Creek

Sand Hollow (Utah bid of a drive but looks worth it)

Any of you have any experience in the area, suggestions on other courses?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a solid lineup.

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G400 7wd 20.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff 43"
Ping G400 9wd 23.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff
Ping G400 26 and 30 hybrids - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 7-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

Good choices,I've played them all.While in Utah,you should also try Greenspring,it's right off I-15 in Washington...It's also about half the price of those other tracks,tough course,in great shape,plus there's a brand new Marriot hotel right next to the course.In about another couple of months Copper Rock in Hurricane Ut. will be opening.Just played it a few days ago and it blows Sandhollow away!IMO

I played Wolf Creek today for the first time. Course was in very good shape. Greens were firm and quick. Fariways gave good lies all the way around the course. It was really an enjoyable round and the views are fantastic. Not really sure why some of the reviews are so harsh, but, I guess to each his own. I will definitely go back before heading home next month. Going to Sand Hollow next week to give it a go. Hope your guys trip is as enjoyable as my day today. Can't beat the weather for this time of year. Thermomoter said high 50's but I wound up playing the back nine in short sleeves.

I will be up at wolf creek in about a months time. Can’t wait. Any tips for a first time play?

Taylormade M3 9.5* Graphite Design Tour ADIZ 6S

Callaway Epic Flash 15* Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75S

Ping G400 17.5* Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.0

Srixon U45 23* Nippon SPB X

Srixon Z965 5-PW Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX 3 50* 54* DG S400

Cleveland RTX 4 60* DG S400

Toulon San Diego

Make sure you take a rangefinder to the tee boxes so you can identify the proper lines. Distance can be deceiving and I sailed a few through the fairway into the desert. I'm not a long hitter so on the par 5's it was important to find proper yardages for the layup to stay out of the creeks and trouble areas. Bring a good camera. The views of the course and surrounding area is quite impressive.

tips for wolf creek: 1) Bring your patience, looooong round usually 2) don't end up above the hole, some chips down cannot be stopped, 3) the range is quite limited (don't think you can hit woods). Did I mention how long the rounds are?

That being said, great lineup. Sand Hollow is my favorite out of the bunch, Conestoga is my 2nd.

Conestoga and Wolf Creek are really good. If they didn't have financial difficulties Coyote Springs would be world class. I haven't played it in about 10 months and the restaurant was still a temporary trailer but seriously if they had money it would be the best around.

As someone else said Falcon Ridge is a fun round. It's not the best course but you'll see some tee shots that you'll never forgot. If you're afraid of heights it might not be the best course to play because there are some spots where if you're not paying attention in the cart you could literally die.

The courses you’ve listed are some of my favorites, but Coyote Springs is a bit of a jaunt. If you have more time, I’m also a fan of the Palmer and Falcon Ridge in Mesquite and Coral Canyon in Saint George.