New Mizuno M-Craft putters

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got this arriving soon! M-craft ll in black with stability shaft 

Dead serious question, are you on the payroll at Scotty Cameron? Between that thread and now here... good lord man. We get it, you’re amped for the new Scotty.

Scotty is over rated.  

Posted Images

Hit the blade and the mallet today and they feel sooooo good. I'm gaming a T22 Newport 2 that I love. I hit the new scotty putters. These have such a good solid feel and the grips are great. Never thought I'd like that grip, but here I am talking about it. Hard to beat a premium putter for $299 retail when you have scottys coming out for $400-$600

F4Z3EGVZJ4SV.jpeg

6UZGQVEHS904.jpeg

16T349XDJ1YE.jpeg

DZC25YV0VH4P.jpegI agree with those that are disappointed with velcro. Above pictures show why. First thing I noticed is the velcro sides don't line up and with one side not completely sealed on, I don't expect this to hold up over the season. Overall, I really like the cover tho.

I'm picking up my model 3 today after getting the KBS CT Tour black shaft installed. I'll post pictures later. Such a fantastic feeling putter.

Got mine M*Craft II in stainless in 33" and added the 13g on the toe. It looks and feels great.

Wk

Mizuno ST200G 9* Diamana Blue D+ 60s
Mizuno 3Wood ST200 TS 15* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno 5Wood ST3200 18* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 4Iron DGTT120

Mizuno JPX921 TOUR 5-PW, GW DGTT 120
Mizuno ES21 55, 59 DGTT120
Mizuno M-Craft II 33"
Mizuno RS Tour

Bought an M Craft 1 yesterday, black finish, 34". I have not been this excited about a putter in a long time. I went into the store to find a Cameron Special to take home but after trying almost all the Scottys, I decided to give the M Craft a go... I thought the feel was as good or better than the Specials honestly. The Special felt light and while I could order a heavier one, I decided to go with he Mizuno for $100 less and get the weight kit with it. That's a nice touch by Mizuno. Besides feel, I was around the hole or in on every putt I made with it. Really nice job by Mizuno on these... can't wait to get it on the course this week.

Titleist TSi2 9* Tensei AV 65 Raw White

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Diamana S+ 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Titleist 718 CB 4-P PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12F, SM7 58/8M

Ping Anser Milled 2 34"

Just goes to the show that feel is personal. I much prefer the M Craft feel

PING G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

PING G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D

Mizuno M Craft II

Bridgestone Tour B X

Quick update. After installing the KBS CT Tour shaft, the head felt dramatically lighter. Not sure if the stock shaft weighs the same but KBS is 120g. Ended up needing the heavier weights (13g) and seems to back to an acceptable range of feel. Will be interesting to see how the model 3 does once greens have been maintained. Everything is a bit shaggy right now because of recent snow and cold weather. Suppose to be high 60's in this area so should finally be able to get some decent rounds in.

EDIT: The tool system worked like a charm. Super easy to twist those weights out with the tool and get new ones in. WAY better than my NP2 weights.

• Like 1

Loving mine. Put the 13 on the toe since my miss is left. Loving it even on these pre season greens.

Wk

Mizuno ST200G 9* Diamana Blue D+ 60s
Mizuno 3Wood ST200 TS 15* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno 5Wood ST3200 18* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 4Iron DGTT120

Mizuno JPX921 TOUR 5-PW, GW DGTT 120
Mizuno ES21 55, 59 DGTT120
Mizuno M-Craft II 33"
Mizuno RS Tour

I rolled a Type II satin yesterday. Did a head to head with the 2020 Scotty Newport (to my eye the Type II m-craft looks more like a Newport than a Newport II). I'm a Ping putter guy, so neutral in this fight, though I've owned a couple tour issue Scotties in the past and liked them very much. I do game Mizuno irons (but Titleist driver/fairway/ Vokey wedges) so I am a fan of both brands, for the record. I thought both putters looked amazing. I could happily put either in the bag to replace my satin 1966 Anser TR. Totally subjective but I very slightly preferred the "chunkier" look of the Mizuno and I liked the brighter satin finish on the Mizzy slightly better. But if I were buying, honestly it would be the black ion--no glare at all!

This should not surprise anyone but guess what? The Mizuno felt amazingly soft! I know that's not news but the difference was quite a lot. For some people I could see that the Mizuno might feel too soft. It felt as soft or softer than the Scotty insert putters of recent years (BTW: I know a Korn Ferry tour player who has a lovely Tour Rat and a tour van insert Newport. After a month or two with the Tour Rat, he's back to his insert. Likes the softer feel. Not all the tour guys want the clickier feel). Now, I like a really soft feel on all my clubs so the Mizuno was my winner on the roll off. But as always YMMV.

+1. Coming from a 2018 Scotty Cameron Fastback; I really like the feel and weight of the M Craft over my Scotty. Picked up a Type III in the White Satin and really like it.

DRIVER - TITLEIST TSi2 10* / TSi3 9* 

FAIRWAY WOODS - TITLEIST TS3 13.5* &  16.5*

HYBRIDS - PXG 0317 X GEN2 19*

IRONS - CALLAWAY APEX 5-AW

WEDGES - TITLEIST VOKEY SM8  54.10S and 58.08M/58.12D

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON PHANTOM X 8

BALL - TITLEIST Pro V1x / Maxfli Tour X

PXG 0317 X

971WQADO3JI2.jpeg

GU9B2I7TDOKV.jpeg

• Like 1

PXG Proto 0811x 9*.... Tensei Pro Orange 60tx or TM SIM Max 9* ... KBS TD 60 cat4

TM SIM 15* ... KBS TD 70 cat4

TM SIM DHY 18* ...KBS Prototype 95x

TM SIM Rescue 22* ... Diamana Thump 105x
Srixon Z Forged 5 - P ... Project X PXI 115 6.5

Vokey SM8 raw black 51, 55, 59

LowTide Custom Fin putter

Thanks!!! That's a GripMaster FL27.... I ended up putting the KBS CT shaft in a different putter. This is an Aerotech putter shaft

PXG Proto 0811x 9*.... Tensei Pro Orange 60tx or TM SIM Max 9* ... KBS TD 60 cat4

TM SIM 15* ... KBS TD 70 cat4

TM SIM DHY 18* ...KBS Prototype 95x

TM SIM Rescue 22* ... Diamana Thump 105x
Srixon Z Forged 5 - P ... Project X PXI 115 6.5

Vokey SM8 raw black 51, 55, 59

LowTide Custom Fin putter

Rolled these in the store the other day, relatively underwhelmed. Just another milled putter, feels nice out the middle, but feedback ramps up into a hard click if you stray at all from the sweet spot. The putter isn’t offering anything “new”, it feels like just another entry into a crowded market.

The grips are very nice, but that’s Lamkin’s doing, not Mizuno. The silver and black finishes are nice, but the blue looks tacky to me. However, that’s obviously a subjective opinion.

I don’t see why someone would spend the money on them unless they’re dying to have a full Mizuno bag, which I guess I didn’t realize was in demand.

It feels to me like Mizuno is just entering different club segments just to have something in those areas. I can’t imagine these putters are going to be a winning revenue stream for them, but I hope I’m wrong. I think Mizuno should just stick to irons, but that’s probably not a scalable or profitable route long term either. Diversification and all.

If I were really wanting to stray to “off brand” putters, I’d rather buy a Cleveland putter than the Mizuno. The Cleveland’s are a fraction of the price and feel much better.

YMMV

Can't win everybody over, and you're right, a putter is a putter... But it should be noted that for less than most other higher end OTR putters, Mizuno gives you a weight kit whereas other putters with removable weights do not, they are at extra cost and not cheap at that. Only thing I am a little disappointed in is the headcover... it feels a little cheap, but the putter as a whole is solid.

Titleist TSi2 9* Tensei AV 65 Raw White

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Diamana S+ 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Titleist 718 CB 4-P PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12F, SM7 58/8M

Ping Anser Milled 2 34"