Nike VR Pro Blade LOVE

If anybody's looking for a backup set at a decent price I got 4-pw heads and 3-pw with PX 6.0. both in 8.5/10 condition. Will likely post in BST soon. Left handed. PM if interested as I will likely put up in the next couple days.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had mine for 6 years, and have no plans to get rid of them. Just replaced the shafts with Black Onyx AMT S300 (hard stepped), with ProSoft inserts, ferrules from Cell Parts, and Iomic iXx grips.

It is crazy how unpopular they were in 2011, 2012. I guess people really didn't like the idea of Nike golf clubs but I believe I am going to get a backup set. I could buy three sets for what I paid

Gotta say fellas, two of the best 3 rounds of my life have come since putting the VR Pros back in the bag! Was two under standing on the 16th tee at Briggs Ranch last week before doubling 16 and 18 (

Interesting, last I knew Artisan wasn't doing blade irons yet...

XTD 10.5* Pro Launch Blue 55X
3 Deep Matrix 8M2
Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
T-MB 4, 5 CT130X
6-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo CT130X
National Custom 53/58 CT130X
PM Grind 64 KBS Tour 130X
Studio Design 1.5 Circle T

I’m still playing mine. Moved from the original Nike blades into the VR Pro Combos when they were first released and the 8, 9 and W were blades. Then I started buying the VR Pro blades from 7 down through 4 when I’d find them second hand as single irons. Then just to round out the set(s) I bought the 8, 9 and W as cavity backs when Nike released the full set of VR Pro Combo cavity backs. Now I mix and match the blades and cavity backs based on where and how I’m playing. Replaced all of the shafts with AMT S300s.

For the general public, no. For a pro? Who can say?

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver:  Cobra Fly-Z+, Xcaliber 7.5 TS, 44", King LTD, HZRDUS 75 6.5, 44.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Aldila Tour Blue 85 S, 42.5"; Stage 2 Tour, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 42.5"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300; Golden Ram TW276, NV105; Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5; Ram TG-898, Super Peening Blue X; 1980 Golden Rams, Dynamic S; MacGregor Muirfield, Dynamic S; Wilson Staff 78 Tour Blades, Dynamic S
GW:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400
SW:  Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.25"; Yes! Nicky, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or 50 Elite, TP5

I'm willing to bet you if they could have made them Tommy Fleetwood would have picked up a set when he was down to his last one. Other than a few one off cavities for Bernhard Langer I don't believe they've produced irons. Would love for you to prove me wrong though, and i'm sure if they were out there, we would have seen them on here by now.

XTD 10.5* Pro Launch Blue 55X
3 Deep Matrix 8M2
Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
T-MB 4, 5 CT130X
6-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo CT130X
National Custom 53/58 CT130X
PM Grind 64 KBS Tour 130X
Studio Design 1.5 Circle T

FWIW, Tommy picked the 'next gen' Tiger irons from TM—other than 'baying or asking those master craftsmen—seems happy with 'em, seems good with 'em. :)

Callaway XR16 Pro TC 9º + Fujikura Six Tour Spec X

Callaway Rogue TC 14.7º + Fujikura Pro Tour Spec TI 6X

Royal Collection 505V BBD Hybrid #2 18º + NS PRO 950W X

TM TP UDI #2 18º + DG TI X100

Nike VFP 3, 5i, VP Forged Blades 6–9 + DG TI X100

Scratch 8620 47º 50º 56º DG S300, Scratch STI 60º + DG TI S400

Scotty CLN

Gotta say fellas, two of the best 3 rounds of my life have come since putting the VR Pros back in the bag! Was two under standing on the 16th tee at Briggs Ranch last week before doubling 16 and 18 (both due to errant drives). Then went out today and had what was probably the single best ball striking day of my life. It was 38 degrees when we tee'd off and quite breezy but the ball flight off the irons was true and predictable. I am ordering another set tonight.

• Like 1

interesting paradox. If you played so well with them, why didn't you want to keep them? With the Nikes, I love everything about them AND they perform. Purest feeling irons I've ever hit. (of course, it could just be the shaft :-))

Headcovers (I know...)

And I clean them religiously when hitting range balls.

I've probably played 150 rounds with them, and hit maybe 200 buckets? I only get to play about 30 rounds/year.

Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 10.5° - Aldila RIP Phenom 70S
Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 15° 3W - Attas Coool 6S
Bridgestone Tour B XD-H 2H 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S

Bridgestone Tour B XD-H 3H 21° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 X
Nike VR Pro Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White S300 Onyx

Nike VR Pro 52°-10° Raw Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Onyx
Nike VR Pro 58° DS Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Onyx
Grips - Number One 50 Pro Series

Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport
Srixon Q Star Tour

Because it's the Indian, not the arrow. They were Taylormade cavities of some kind, I had the blades, but sent them back to be adjusted, and was using the cavity versions for a week or two while I waited.

I picked up a set of VR Pro TWs. They’ve been out for two cold, soggy nines so far. You know if you miss them. But when you put a good swing on the ball, that contact feels pretty fantastic.

One thing I didn’t expect, these things are lasers. The accuracy is as good as any clubs I’ve played. Misses were short on yardage, never wide left or right. That reason alone will keep them in the bag for more play.

Nike pushed the aesthetics. A lot of golfers were still conservative in their design preferences. Maybe that’s one reason the TWs weren’t more popular.

Tiger mentioned in an interview that he preferred a square muscle back over a rounded muscle back. Funny that the blade sporting his trademark TM carried that rounded muscle.

I did some research since buying the TW set. The VR Pros that followed the TWs have more, smaller, tournament-compliant grooves. The feel is said to have improved due to a different forging process. And of course, there’s the square muscle back.

If the Pros top the TWs on feel, I can understand why they have a fan following.

I’m still looking for a set in Europe(preferably), just missed heads only brand new on the bay for £650 (which was a bit expensive imo)

if someone got a set let me know.

Been looking for a set on the bay as well, it's all too expensive to get down to South Africa which makes me sad. But I'm still on the hunt, will try hunt locally and see if someone has some lying around... Some of the best looking irons at address

Callaway BBA 816 ♦♦ 9.5°
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 tour 14.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Scotty Cameron Newport

• 1 month later...

Anyone who bought Nike VR Pro blades from Dallas Golf, please read this thread linked below. You might want to check your shafts. It seems the Dynamic Gold AMT shafts were not installed in a professional manner. https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1821152/this-is-the-most-bizarre-thing-ive-come-across-re-s300-amt-codes-dallas-golf/p1

Callaway B21 10.5° - Fuji Speeder 569 IV

Callaway B21 3W - Fuji Speeder 661 IV

Mizuno JPX 900 5W - Fuji Speeder 661 II

Mizuno MP32 (4-PW) - DG S300

Titleist Vokey SM5 52°/12° F Grind 

Titleist Vokey SM5 58°/11° K Grind 

Titleist Vokey SM5 62°/8° T Grind 

Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2