2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Club glove or hard case

Another vote for Club Glove here. I also suggest you check on Ebay for people selling their old Club Glove bags. Just watch out for how they mark the shipping charge. If you are patient you can get a good deal on one that way. I think I got mine all in for around $115. It was used but not abused. So if the price of a Club Glove is a concern try Ebay.

love my club glove. stiff arm is a must. i actually prefer the bagboy version as its beefier.

i dissemble my driver and put the head in the headcover. i also turn the irons and put them in the bag, heads in the bag, grips sticking out the top of the bag. i also tie the hybrids to the bagboy stiff arm with a towel.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I used ShipSticks for the first time this fall on a trip to CA. It was a bit more than i would pay to do every trip, but it was nice for a change not to have to worry about lugging them on and off he shuttle at the airports and through the airport check in lines. Arrived at the hotel and the front desk had them waiting for me, on the way home took them down the night before and they were picked up and back at my office 4 days later.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Very true that it does cost $$. But with the discounts they send via emails, it can be worth it (when they work in your given time frame). I think the last discount was free ground shipping return on any shipping package purchased. So you cut their "round trip" fee in half. For me and my family it works, but I totally understand that for others it may not. Not having to lug around the travel bag from pickup to shuttle/rental car counter, etc. makes a difference to me and worth it. I will say that when I travel less than 2.5 hours on a plane, I check in my golf bag at the airport.

SIM 9.75* - Diamana DF 60X | SIM 15* - Diamana D+ 70X | SIM 19* - Diamana D+ 80X | ZX7 - shafts TBD | Zipcore 50/54/58 S400 | NP2 Button Back

It is nice to not have to handle the bags in transition for sure. I’ve used it both ways for 2 different trips. Work paid for them so money wasn’t an issue but the price was higher than i expected. I’m not sure if i paid, i would do it and for the main reason was....to save as much (even on the company dime) I selected the slowest ship time to and from. Well, that eliminates me hitting balls days leading up to my trip or playing within a week of when I come home.

now, I’m referencing cross country trips so ship days were 4 days both ways. If you are flying relatively close and could get them back in 2 days, maybe that’s worth it to you. But for a trip from Nashville to Idaho or Nashville to CA, i wouldn’t spend my money, even with the convenience of not carrying clubs, to not have my clubs several days before or after a trip. (Or pay even more to have them second day aired or NDA)

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

That's a good email offer. I think I got an offer within a few days or weeks of that trip, but nothing planned. My next two aren't until March to Florida and April to Carlsbad. Maybe I'll check to make sure my emails aren't going to junk and keep an eye out for that free return shipping. it would probably be enough to make me do it again.

Thanks for the heads up!

Vokey

You bring up a point I hadn't mentioned before. The time you are without the clubs. Typically I hit balls several days a week and play multiple times a week, so that has been a stumbling block in the past. For the trip above that I used them, the timing was perfect. The trip was in late October, so here in MD I was able to get by the 4 days before, and upon my return I was going to have surgery 3 days later, so I was pretty much hanging them up for the winter after the trip to CA. With my trip to Fl in March and CA in April coming up, I'm sure i'd like to be playing up until the last minute and upon my return as well.

• Like 1

Vokey

You bring up good points (also @Carolina Golfer 2) about not having the clubs a few days before leaving and arrival at your destination. It did work out for me since I do not get to the range play until the weekends, therefore I shipped them during the week. If I was able to go to the range several times a week or play that often, I'd also have second thoughts or at least see if the $$ was worth second day air or NDA (especially if they offered a deal via the emails). It's not for everyone. It works for me and it may not work for others, but it is an option for the OP.
But back to the OP's original question...I have a club glove and love it. But after seeing the other post about the Sun Mountain Club Glider, I probably would go with that if I did not already have a bag. It appears very versatile for going to the airport or shipping with shipsticks.

SIM 9.75* - Diamana DF 60X | SIM 15* - Diamana D+ 70X | SIM 19* - Diamana D+ 80X | ZX7 - shafts TBD | Zipcore 50/54/58 S400 | NP2 Button Back

I had a CLubGlove before the Club Glider. I was perfectly content with it for four years before traveling with a buddy that had the Clubglider...I was sold after seeing how easy he manuvered it.

Vokey

I haven’t tried the Club Glider but I find my Club Glove extremely easy to maneuver through airports/hotels/etc. and no trouble so far getting it into cars without unpacking it to fold. I’ve used it on ~10 flights so far with a Stiff Arm and no issues whatsoever. [Knocks on wood...]

But back to maneuverability, the top strap on the CG that hooks over your wheeled luggage handle works great for extended walking. This works for two or four wheel luggage. As seen in this thread:https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1708614/club-glove-questions/p1

In lines (or elevators) I simply stand it upright (it stands up with no support from me) and gently push it along the line, upright. I was pleasantly surprised it stands upright easily on its own, fully loaded.

If the airport is crowded, I usually just hold the top handle and pull it behind me so I can steer it better. Other hand pulls or pushes my carry on with briefcase on top.

I have a 14-way stand bag so unfortunately I can’t turn my irons upside down, which would be good for weight distribution. I take the heads off my driver and 3W, but I’ve left the hybrids assembled so far with no issues. I rearrange the bag so longer clubs (hybrids, driver and 3W shafts (upside down) are huddled under the Stiff Arm. Usually I put the 3W back in the headcover and stuff it in the water bottle holder of my stand bag; I put the driver head in my carry-on. I put a piece of paper with my settings for diver/3W written on it in the headcovers so I don’t have to try to remember.

BTW, my full-size CG usually weighs in just under 40lbs fully loaded with shoes, a few extra clothes, and my Ping Hoofer. I will note that the full size CG is tight zipping over the handle of the Hoofer. Other than that one spot where it is snug, there is a TON of empty space left over. If weight wasn’t a concern, I could easily pack just the CG with all my clothes instead of a carry-on.

I know!! I've had one for about 5 years now, I mentioned it in an earlier post. My only issue and it's my issue because I'm tall (6'5") is I wish the height of the handle somehow adjusted, when I extend it to pull behind me, it' s just a bit too low for me if I've got a long walk from the garage to the terminal or something. One time I got off at the wrong terminal and had to walk literally half a mile to the next terminal through the airport and that was not the most fu even as easy as it is to pull.

Vokey

Same here!!

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 Red w/White Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Thank you for all the replies! I really appreciate it! Did anyone try the cheaper caddy daddy versions? I have heard great things from them but hard to trust all my clubs with an $85 travel bag. I only have a stand bag, would the smallest club glider work? What about shoes? Do shoes fit in the side pockets? I wear a 12.5. I know its a lot of questions, thanks in advance!

I have the larger Ckubglide. It fits a full size stand bag. But it is a kinda tight fit. Not sure if a smaller CG would work. When I use my small 3 way carry bag there is plenty of room. No issue with shoes or a few clothes with either gol

Vokey

Hard cases are great.... if they fit in the trunk. I use a club glove.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I was watching them load my plane, got to a hard case, threw it on the conveyor belt and watched it slide over the belt and crash to the ground. I have both, the SKB's stay in the basement, take the Club Gloves, much lighter, room for other items, and easier to deal with. Stiff arm, take head off driver, stick driver shaft in bag, tip first.

I've had my Club Glove Last Bag for almost 20 years now. WIth a Stiff Arm, never had a club damaged. I did have an SKB hard case years ago, too big and bulky and doesn't hold as much gear as Last Bag

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

I have the smaller club glove, probably 6 years old or more, so it wasn't called Collegiate at the time. It has two interior shoe pockets, and it works fine with my Ping Hoofer, 2 pairs of shoes, and a few bits of rain gear or towels or other necessities.

Neat trick if you use a Club Glove or other soft travel bag.

I bought several lengths of 48" long hardwood 1" dowel rod and taped pvc plumbing end caps on them, then placed strategically at the four outside corners of my golf bag.

After wrapping the club heads with towels, this helped to stiffen the sides against impact and also kept the longest clubs protected against bumps from the top.

My vacation partner saw that and on another trip he cable tied one dowel to his driver and fairway shafts.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry