G410 lst or plus

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think my issue is I keep searching for that automatic driver that gives my nice baby draws without having to really turn it over. I think with all the comments above, the plus wouldn’t make that muc

Sound is so personal. I love the sound of the G410 range. Have an explosive slightly metallic, wood baseball bat crack. Not a tink sound at all, but not a thud at all. The thud seems to be preferr

Fortunately it was my driver so he doesn’t care. It actually looks good since it covers the unused weight port preventing debris from getting in it

Lessons to straighten up path and face to path! LST is a great driver. Set to draw and work on the swing.

Taylormade Sim 9* Ventus Velo Blue 7x 

Taylormade Sim Max 3W Ventus Velo Blue 7x

Taylormade Sim UDI 2i Hzrdus Handcrafted Black 105x

Callaway Tour Issue Apex 2019 Hybrid @ 19* Veylix Rome 988X

Miura Tour Issue MC-501 (Low Offset) DG Pro X100

Taylormade MG2 51* SB Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Taylormade MG2 TW 56* + 60* Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Byron Morgan DH89 34.75/70*/2*

Titleist Pro -V1x  or Bridgestone Tour BXS

Ping Hoofer

I have played both. At 121 mph club head speed I still liked the plus better. Just seemed automatic. Launched high but I think with a shaft like the new ventus black it would be unreal. Was so straight. I don’t think it spun that much more then the lst. Probbaly was even lower spinning as I seemed to be able to find the Center more often with it

Taylormade Sim 9* (7*) Accra tour Z RPG 472 m5+
Titleist TS3 15* Synergy green proto 80tx

Taylormade P790 3 iron. Aldila RIP 105x 
Taylormade p750 4-PW PX6.5 
Callaway md4 52/56/ 60 TI S400 black onyx 
Oddessey 7CS Tour 

I own both drivers. The difference is so little between them. Both are low to mid spin bombers with exceptional forgiveness. I like the sound and feel of the LST just a bit more, so I play it.

In the past the MOI deference between the regular and LST was just a couple hundred points. I figure that is still the case. Spin is a funny thing. You're fitter should have had you hit both. You may have been able to close the face more with the Plus which might help your spin depending upon strike. Many instances of "improvement" clubs dropping spin because they improve delivery parameters versus low spin "players clubs".

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Titleist TSi2 9° AD IZ 6s
Titleist TS2 16.5°  EF White 65s
Ping G410 21° EF White 75s
Ping G410 22°/25°/30° Hybrid Tensei White
Mizuno HM 7-PW Recoil 95r
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Ping Sigma 2 Valor

I have the 410 lst. I haven’t hit the Plus, so I can’t give a direct comparison, but I did have the 400 Max. I’ve heard the Max and Plus are close, but I can’t say that for sure. My SS is about 115 and I’m a high spin guy. I saw better distance with the LST. And, IMO, the forgiveness between the two is very close. Hit the same amount of fairways with the LST that I did with the Max.

I really didn’t find much difference between the two, I tested both on course and didn’t find one longer than another so I picked the plus for the extra forgiveness

Driver = Taylormade SIM 8* Hzrdus green 6.0

1 iron = Titleist U501 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
Irons = Wilson Staff tour blade,  4-PW
Wedges = Titleist 52* SM6

Taylormade 56* and 60* MG2

Putter =Ping ZB3

Ball = Bridgestone Tour B RXS

Interested in these drivers as well... as they have come down in price. Looking for forgiveness, but I can't stand the sound of the Max. Is the consensus that this whole line sounds better than the Max?

PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0

Srixon F85 15* Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 80s

Srixon Z785 4-P Modus 120s

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12F, 58/12K  TI S400

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB black

Sound is so personal. I love the sound of the G410 range. Have an explosive slightly metallic, wood baseball bat crack. Not a tink sound at all, but not a thud at all. The thud seems to be preferred by many, but I like the wooden bat crack sound better. Thud sounding drivers feel "dead" to me. I know they are not and produce the same distance and ball speed. It's just perception. I can also say that shaft will effect sound and feel some.

Definitely G410 is much better sounding than the Max. Good luck.

• Like 1

Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Ping Sigma 2 Valor

Thanks, will definitely need to hit a few... played the G400, Max, G400 LST... Max was not ideal from a sound standpoint but the others were fine. If you have hit the 400, are you finding any improvement in forgiveness with the 410?

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB black

Yes, I played the entire G400 range. The Max was the most forgiving and plenty long. In the end, my miss with the Max was more left than I wanted and the sound/feel was the worst. With the entire g400 range I lofted down to the 9.0 except for the G400LST which was a 10. With the G410 range I am playing the 10.5 in both heads and getting lower to similar launch and spin. Forgiveness seems the exact same as the regular and lst 400's.

The main reasons I made the switch from G400 LST to the G410 was the sound/feel and greater adjustability. The flat setting in the G410 range has been money for me in the drivers and hybrids. I know the great Tom Wishon believes that lie angle affect in woods is minimal, but so far my statistics show less misses to the left side of the fairway since switching.

With all that said, if tomorrow Ping dropped a v2 Max that was exactly the same chassis, but with g410 sound and flat adjustability that is exactly what I would play.

Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Ping Sigma 2 Valor

I went to the range and borrowed a friends g410 plus (which admittedly I CAN turn over without thinking).

the problem is that I was moving the weight screw around to see effects on ball flight and broke off the screw in the neutral weight port. I had extra so the weight is securely fastened in the draw setting, will it hurt anything to just leave the broken screw in the neutral setting as well?

Will it hurt anything outside of your friendship? Nope. Probably pretty ease to get out. A drill and an ez out should do. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, I bet a local machine shop would happily get it out for minimal cost.

Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Ping Sigma 2 Valor

Thank you, great info. My last G400 was the LST in 10 also. Liked the sound and feel, but would prefer a little more forgiveness. I found the regular G400 9* to be probably the best for me overall out of the whole line. I am getting the impression the G410 line is a little different overall and a takes a little more to fit properly. I appreciate the info.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB black

Got to the store to hit some combos today... I was surprised at the sound of the Plus, much more of a Max sound while the LST sounds much more muted. The drivers spin more than I expected, I will say that... I brought my M2/Aldila Tour blue combo as comparison and I was getting close to 3 mph more with the G410 ball speed wise. Pretty impressive. M2 was spinning low 2000s which is interesting since I have been having a hard time getting enough height on it outside..

The Tensei orange stiff spun a bit more than I'd like and was short on carry with a 10.5 LST head, the EF black 75 felt incredibly good but heavy... I then popped the Tour 65 in a 9* LST head and it was launching around 14* and spinning around 2300 felt great and was seeing ball speeds around 155, which for me is VERY good... M2 was just touching 150 even though carry numbers were similar. I just feel like the 410 has serious potential and for the LST head, the misses were not all that bad. Pretty impressed overall and am looking forward to getting it outside to see real world dispersion. I am looking for a driver to latch onto this year, sick of ho'ing drivers at my scorecard's expense!!

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB black

Just a thought here - you changed 2 variables there at the end, loft and shaft. Did you also try the 9* with the Tensei Orange, or the 10.5 with the Tour shaft as well? I had always thought 10.5 was the way to go for me, but went down to the 9* 410 Plus and had better numbers (spin and launch angle). In terms of shaft, I flared less to the right with the Tensei Orange than the Tour, but also preferred the feel (Note: I have a slow, Hideki-like transition) of the Orange.

Either way, good stick that I've been impressed with so far! Good luck sticking with 1 driver for the whole year! Mine usually last about 9 mos. ;)

Audi A-Fore

Ping G410 9*, Tensei Orange S

Titleist 915Fd 16.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
TM M2 18*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S
Titleist 816 21*, Tensei Blue S
Callaway APEX Combo CF19 5-AW, KBS Tour 
Miura Forged Gap Wedge 53
Titleist Vokey Gunblue 58 M Grind 
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5

I didn't try the 9* with the LST, but it is a combo I am interested in if the Tour 65 doesnt work. I got such a short carry with the 10.5/TO that I didnt think a degree and half would make a huge difference so I opted to try the Tour 65 on the 9*. If it launches too low for my liking outside, I will be looking to swap it for the TO as I really like the feel of that shaft, but the numbers I was getting with the Tour 65 were pretty good, as long as they translate.... Very much looking forward to getting it in play.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB black

• 2 months later...

The Tensei CK orange is a free upcharge with the G410 right? The only thing putting me off trying it is the lack of upgrade shafts in the UK, the fitters I have enquired only have the three ping shafts, A Tensei orange (60) and a Evenflow Black (75) have a strong feeling I won't suit the Evenflow, My current driver shaft is 65g and I only swing that around 105

I think I'm going to pick up an LST 9* to experiment with. It was between the TS3 and LST for me in my fit and I'm interested in seeing if I can squeak out a bit more ball speed and forgiveness.

Taylormade Sim 9* Ventus Velo Blue 7x 

Taylormade Sim Max 3W Ventus Velo Blue 7x

Taylormade Sim UDI 2i Hzrdus Handcrafted Black 105x

Callaway Tour Issue Apex 2019 Hybrid @ 19* Veylix Rome 988X

Miura Tour Issue MC-501 (Low Offset) DG Pro X100

Taylormade MG2 51* SB Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Taylormade MG2 TW 56* + 60* Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Byron Morgan DH89 34.75/70*/2*

Titleist Pro -V1x  or Bridgestone Tour BXS

Ping Hoofer

Ive recently compared the G LS Tech 9*, G410 Plus 9*, G410 9* LST. They’re all awesome and quite honestly they’re within 5 yards of each other. The G410 LST 9 LST launched pretty low with the TOUR AD DI 6X. I’m going to try the 10.5 LST once the quarantine gets lifted and hopefully me not getting sick.

Im leaning towards the Plus. The Plus is near as forgiving as the MAX without the left miss tendency. In fact I’ll likely end up with the 10.5 PLUS. I’ve been focusing the past few years on lowering spin which gave me some more yards but at the cost of accuracy. I’m lofting up for a little more spin to mitigate hooks.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Ping G410 17.5  Tour 75
Ping G410 20.5 Tour 75

Ping G410 23.5 Tour 75
PXG 0311 5-GW Project X LZ 5.5
Vokey SM6 56 14 F Grind

Vokey SM6 60-14 K Grind

Ping  Ketsch Putter 38"