Best Shaft 115mph+ ??

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just fitted into a Hzrdus Yellow Smoke 6.5. 117mph clubhead speed in a TS3. No “what’s best”, head speed is only one variable.

Most GolfWRX thread ever, lol!

Could literally suggest dozens of shafts but they could all be awful for you. There are way too many factors to list on what you need to look at before even suggesting a shaft.

Also what's the reason for wanting to switch from your current shaft? Are you not finding fairways? Too much spin? Don't like the launch? Or just want something new?

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

How could you answer this question? Wow..

Cobra                      F9 Driver w/HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
Titleist                     TS2 16.5 Wood w/HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
Ping                         G410 19 Hybrid w/KBS Proto 95 X
Titleist                     818 H2 23 Hybrid w/Accra M5 95 X

Honma                     TW-U 4 Iron w/Steelfiber i110cw X
Honma                     Rose Proto TW MB Iron set 4-10 w/Modus3 120X
Honma                     TW W4 Wedge 52/58 w/Modus 125
SIK                     Pro|C-Series|Armlock Putter

XT and XTS are the same shaft, the latter is just the prototype version.

As for the OP question, see sig.

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Mizuno ST190 9.5* Tensei Pro Blue 70TX
Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS
Taylormade SIM Max 18.5* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS
Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

So if you really are +3, what the hell are you worried about? There is no way for anyone on this board, including long experienced fitters like me to answer your question. I frequently get the same question from customers to which I reply:

"Sorry, I cannot answer the question since I have never seen you hit a golf ball."

Truth.

Cobra F9 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
Cobra F9 16.0, UST Helium 49 A Flex
TXG Custom SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
Sonartec MD 23* Hybrid, UST Irod A Flex 
TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hotmetal 6-pw, "B" heads, 1* up, + 1/2", UST Recoil ESX 460 R, Soft Stepped Once
Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R
Ping Glide 1.0 55*, Accra 90i R
Callaway MD4 58*, DG Tour Issue 115
Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

Then fly to Toronto and get fitted at TXG. It'll cost you about the same as two bad, untested driver purchases, plus about $1,000 Can. for the club. Well worth it in the long term for a player of your skill. BTW, I've fit many club champions, nationally ranked amateurs and even built a set of Titleist irons for David Frost some years ago. Choppers are the bulk of the market; always were, always will be.

Cobra F9 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
Cobra F9 16.0, UST Helium 49 A Flex
TXG Custom SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
Sonartec MD 23* Hybrid, UST Irod A Flex 
TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hotmetal 6-pw, "B" heads, 1* up, + 1/2", UST Recoil ESX 460 R, Soft Stepped Once
Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R
Ping Glide 1.0 55*, Accra 90i R
Callaway MD4 58*, DG Tour Issue 115
Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

At 115 you don't need something that stiff. If your spin is too high you're creating too much dyamic loft at impact either through head design or delivery. So the first thing you need to do is go to a loft and head that produces a flatter flat and controls things better by managing these things. I've had a long drive guy in the shop that had a standard HZRDUS Black non-handcrafted 6.5 in their drivers and hit them just fine at over 130mph because the weight and balance point matches their delivery.

On to the question, the lowest launching and lowest spin shaft on the market right now is the HZRDUS Hulk 6.5TX from what I have heard. I was talking to a guy at True Temper who helped design it and they had tour guys testing it and some of them were like "yeah this feels pretty good", so they went back and redid it so it didn't feel good because they knew it wasn't stiff enough or low spin enough. I have had great success with Tensei Pro Orange 60TX and TPT 15 MKP for guys at your speed, with a third distant follower being the Graphite Design XC. The Ventus Black 7X is getting a lot of play on tour too, with Fowler, DJ, and Reed who are all at least 120mph, I have fit with the 6X and it just wants to go straight.

Find the weight in either of these 4 profiles that feels good to you and then try them. At a +3 you can likely adapt to any profile pretty quickly so you'll just have to find the profile that feels the best.

And by the way, it's Wishon, not Wilson.