Really good fake Scotty Cameron's flooding the market.

I literally did not flag anyone's post, feel free to ask an admin. I was done with the topic when I said "Ok I’m done with the topic, carry on". It's ok though internet tough guys, keep trolling if it pleases you. I'm just here to hit my 75 post requirement for BST, so maybe quote me a few more times so I can reply again. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was gonna say, the photos look just like any other fakes out there.

Thank you for the heads up!

i'm on plenty of them and some of them still try to pass on their fake putters, grips and covers. some not knowing and some just trying to pass it quickly. I call them out all the time.   best place i

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/21/2020 at 7:54 AM, bobiddle said:

Don't buy Scotty Cameron's on Ebay. If you are interested in buying them, I would encourage you to look around on FB. There are some private groups dedicated to the brand and you don't have to worry about knock-offs. Tons of putters available.

I disagree to an extent. Ebay has come a long way, and they make sure the buyers ate happy with their purchase... Almost too much to an extent, but you shouldn't be discouraged from buying Scotty's off of eBay. Had I believed you shouldn't buy from eBay, I would have titled my post saying exactly that. Instead I feel being aware of thay countefiets will be enough to steer you to a legit one. Just stand by the "too good to be true" or even a guy feeling something isn't right should suffice. 

In some cases, you can find legit ones for an insane low price. But doing so, you'll have to go search for those who listed the item as an auction with no reserve which they listed it incorrectly. Meaning their listing won't be under a  Scotty Cameron putters listing, just because of a typo, or wrong category selected for the listing. 

On 2/1/2020 at 6:44 PM, shanksgiving said:

sorry duplicate post

I actually pulled the trigger on one of these and then noticed the black alignment line stopped short of the back of the putter. I requested a cancel and sent photos from scotty’s site vs the photos listed on the seller’s post. Fortunately they approved the cancellation.

Yeah they're quick to doing that when you call them out on it. 

In my case they told me to keep the putter if I keep quiet about it. They even went as far as asking me how I figured them out. I think that question alone means they may have been at this for a while. Needless to say, I kept the putter and basically told them to f*** off by writing this post and not losing sleep over it either.

I was flabbergasted on how insanely good this countefiet was though. If they listed it without a headcover, I would have never known. 

Great catch though on the putter alignment line, not a lot of people know it should go all the way back to the back of the putter. 

• Like 1
On 1/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, swgolf12 said:

But you do have the skills to buy all his stuff, so your comparison makes no sense. Now we're back to why you're suggesting others to do something you could just do yourself...

Actually I only bought one type of putter from him and it was the 2018 studio select putter. Yes the first one I bought I bought his story, it wasn't until I bought a second putter because I put a nasty ding on it. That I realized that something wasn't right. Mainly because I got the same exact looking headcover he had said he just bought the odd but correct headcover (in terms I'd markings and lettering) off some guy on eBay when I questioned the first odd looking headcover. That's what prompted me to check the serial number on both, which were the exact same. 

If you're under the impression I bought the a different type of fake putter that came with the very far right cover listed "very fake," I didn't. That's a putter my buddy bought before he got into golf and knew better. I just used his putter cover to show you the evolution of these putters, and how they're getting better... Scary better.

Here is thay fake putter with all the right markings. 

Screenshot_20210201-200020_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210201-200004_Photos.jpg

Edited by LinksHoppingGolfer
On 1/21/2020 at 3:51 PM, msd71 said:

Wouldn't the plastic wrapping on the head indicate it's a fake?

I can't answer that fully knowing the answer. However I've heard that they ship them wrapped, and they ask the shops to remove them before displaying them. 

However, I know for a fact they ship gallery putters wrapped. 

No left, no care. 🤣

Taylormade M3 driver Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 70G shaft (cut to 44.5")

Taylormade M1 5 wood

Taylormade M4 19* Hybrid 

Taylormade GAPR Mid 21* Hybrid

KZG Forged 2-M cavity back 4-6 

KZG Forged Blade 7-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Lazrus 52/8 and 56/12 wedges

Tour "Percision" [sic] Milled TP-M5 putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 10:49 AM, Yanki01 said:

i'm on plenty of them and some of them still try to pass on their fake putters, grips and covers. some not knowing and some just trying to pass it quickly. I call them out all the time.

best place is on the cameron collector forums.

I do to... But Acushnet does a good job fishing the fake ones out on eBay. Almost too much. They blocked a Scotty Cameron listing j had because I misspelled "NWEPORT" so I had to wait 6 days to relist, but I'm completely fine with that, knowing they're pulling fakes of sites like eBay. 

On 1/24/2020 at 12:49 PM, straightshot7 said:

Link to the great fake(s)?

The one you posted is blatantly fake and looks the same as the ones that have been coming out for several years.

The only people who would buy these I think are those people who are just totally new to the game or someone who doesn't even golf buying it as a gift.

Actually I realized I didn't add the correct picture to this thread. I was intending to out a picture of a fake putter(pic w/ plastic wrap) vs. Very good fake, which I just posted. I've been playing golf since 12, and I played at the University of Utah. I've used Scotty Cameron's from the moment I stole my dad's Scotty and have upgraded every 2 years, so I'm aware of what to look for on a Scotty to know if it's authentic. 

(ex. Mill lines, full sight line, shaft band location etc...) 

On 1/21/2020 at 7:54 AM, bobiddle said:

Don't buy Scotty Cameron's on Ebay. If you are interested in buying them, I would encourage you to look around on FB. There are some private groups dedicated to the brand and you don't have to worry about knock-offs. Tons of putters available.

I agree to a certain extent, but Acushnet does a pretty good job filtering out the fakes. For example, as I said on another reply, my listing got flagged by Acushnet because I misspelled "NWEPORT 2" I wasn't able to list anything Titleist or Scotty Cameron. Also, one of the advantages of Ebay is that, they have a buyer protection program that's 2nd to none.