Tips on wedding ring for golf

Guys,

I am taking the plunge this June. I would like to be able to wear my ring while golfing. I am right handed and want a solid gold band. Anyone have any tips on what to look for in a gold band that won't affect the golf grip/swing? Thanks in advance.

Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver 9.5 degree
TaylorMade M2 (2017) 3W
TaylorMade M4 3 Hybrid
TaylorMade M4 4 Hybrid
Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54 Degree
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 58 Degree
Odyssey Tuttle Stroke Lab 35" Putter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I put my wedding ring on the day of my wedding and took it off the next day. 20 years later and I still haven't put to back on.   In fact, I'm not really sure where the damn thing is. Maybe in my ba

Am I the only one who is married and doesn't wear a wedding ring at all. I couldn't imagine anything on my hands when golfing, I don't even wear a glove never mind a ring. I use to wear a watch but d

Bingo. Mine only comes off if I want to polish it or take to jeweler to be resized. I've had two mri's done and both times was asked to remove my ring. After I retired and worked in a pro shop I was

Yeah, silicone is the way to go. I got four of them off Amazon for $9.95.

Having said that, I did have a metal band and played golf with it for many years. Try to find something thin and you will get used to it over time.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

Just get yourself a simple metal band and you should be fine. Mine is about 3/16 of an inch in width and rounded and I don't take it off for anything. Golf, baseball, weights, anything, no problems at all. If anything I have a slight callous built on the pad of my hand just below the the joint where the finger begins just from rubbing occasionally.

My ring is solid golf and more rounded, no edges really. It took me a few rounds, but just like everyday wear you’ll forget it’s even there. Maybe it’s just coincidence, but my play has actually got better.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Diamana BF 60x  Taylormade M5 14* Evenflow Black 75g 6.0 | Ping G410 19* Tour 85x | Srixon z785 4-PW C-Taper Lite X Titleist Vokey SM7 50F 56S 60SBlue Slate, Modus 125s | Lajsoi DD201 Longneck | Titleist  ProV1x Yellow

All it took was me leaving my ring in my bag after a round early on (and not being able to access my bag until the next day) until I decided that I'll just get used to wearing it during golf. It's a relatively wide band with a convex inner surface, so it's comfortable anyway -- and when it's under a glove, and I'm concentrating on the shot at hand, I REALLY don't think about it.

I'd rather deal with any annoyances associated with getting used to the ring than to take it off and risk losing it (or risk no longer wearing it because It's easier to wear something silicone, or eventually nothing at all). Just like dealing with the annoyances of wearing a full shield in my men's rolleyhockey league when it wasn't mandatory, I wanted to keep my nose, eyes, and teeth intact, and so you just decide to work through it.

I tried chipping with my wedding band after I got married, and it came off immediately. I wear a Silicon ring 99% of the time. My wedding band is a very simple one with rounded edges, but I couldn't get used to it. I've also seen or heard of fingers getting broken while wearing a wedding band like that, and don't want to take any chances. I know the chances are low, but a silicon one will just tear off. I forget that I'm wearing it most of the time. I can also wear it while working out without any issues.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM2 set 1 click lower- shaft TBD 

Fairway:  M3 3HL with Diamana Whiteboard 80s

Hybrids: 19* Adams 19* Proforce V2 85f4
Irons: 3 X Forged Utility (Proforce VTS 104s); 4 iron X Forged Utility, 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro:  All shafted with Modus 125s
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (All Raw with Modus 125 Wedge shafts) 48* bent to 49*, 52* Mid bent to 53*, 56* Mid bent to 58*. 

Putter: White Hot OG 7s or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

I just take mine off while I play and keep it in the cup holder of my car.

If I ever lose it I will just go buy another one at the jewelry store where I bought it. They have a big barrel of them by the door with a sign "$10 for a handful". lol.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

It's ok for it to be wide, but should be fairly thin. Rounded edges, both inside and outside.

I didn't take this into account with my first ring, and depending on the sport, I couldn't wear it. Bring right handed it wasn't a problem for me, but that ring wouldn't work with a left handed interlock grip.

Also, after about 5 years I gradually developed a contact allergy to the gold. Started off light but got worse over time to where I wasn't wearing it more than I was. Through class rings, gold chain phase, etc, never had that happen. Have had Cobalt for the last 10 with no problem, and the design is comfortable enough that I never remove it.

The silicone ones are the way to go, if they can pass muster with She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Congrats, OP! I wear a fairly large Tungsten ring 99% of the time, but just couldn't get used to it while golfing, so it stays at home for me during the round. As a few have mentioned above, forgetting it in the golf bag, and or worrying about it during/after round, just simpler to leave it safely at home. And I'm currently sporting a 10 finger grip, also qualifies as maniac.

Whatever you do, buy it on Amazon. I have a Groove Life silicone I wear occasionally but typically wear a King Harvest Tungsten off Amazon. They're amazing quality and like $15.

That being said, I take off either when I play. I also take off my watch and everything out of my pockets except for a coin, a tee and a super thing ball mark fixer. :D

TSi3 9° | SIM Ti 15° | 818 H1 19° | ZX7 4-PW | Zipcore 50°, 54° & 60° | 2021 SC Phantom 5.5

No ring, no jewelry. In the locker or worst case in the valuables pouch of my bag.

The calluses got out of hand but my ring is wide and flatish with sharper edges. Something thin and rounded would work better...perhaps. I hear silicon really works.

PING G425 LST 10* Fuji XLR8 51

PING G425 Max 5Wd 16.5* Fuji XLR8 61

PING G425 Max 7Wd 20* Fuji Motore F3 70

PING i500 3-PW KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

Edel 46* DVR/52* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING Vault Anser 2

Your first mistake is thinking that you'll continue to be allowed to play. :D :D kidding kidding.

Just take it off, that's what I do. If your ring is so tight it can't be removed, then you don't have the right size on. Leave it in the cup holder in your car prior to the round.

Taylormade SIM Max 9* @9.75*- Ventus Black 6x

Taylormade Sim Ti @16.5* - Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8x (Testing Cobra F9 w/ Accra FX2.0 380 M5)

SIM Max 19* - HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 90 6.5 (trialing Cobra Speedzone w/ Fujikura Pro 95X & Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8x)

Titleist 818H1 - Ventus Blue 10x

Cobra Forged Tec Black 6i, Forged CB 6-GW - AMT X100 Onyx

Titleist SM8 54.12D, 58.8M @59* - S400 Tour Issue Onyx

Compass Golf Co. Atwood (Newport 2 Timeless Tri sole clone)

TP5 (testing Vice Pro)

I got used to it pretty quick and now I don’t even think about it. I thought that it would be an issue but after a few rounds there was no problem and that was the same for pretty much everything else, it has now almost became part of me.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

Am I the only one who is married and doesn't wear a wedding ring at all.

I couldn't imagine anything on my hands when golfing, I don't even wear a glove never mind a ring.

I use to wear a watch but don't even do that now as was advised the watch was not made to be golfed in so it is now in a pouch in my bag.

• Like 2
  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217