• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Red is the underdog of the three. It has a very stiff handle section with a softer tip than the other two profiles. I use it in driver and 3 wood as does @knudson81 he may be able to chime in here on

So I just purchased a red  velocore 7x and am going to tip it either 1.5 or 2 haven’t decided yet, to get that purple profile.  I use at the moment a velocore black 7x tipped a inch and I like it had

Came down to these 2 shafts for me when I got fitted at Club Champion for my TSi3 driver. Performance metrics wise for me it was dead even across the board. At the end of the day I went with the Ventu

Posted Images

• 6 months later...

Purchased a ventus red with velocore for my driver. Experiment for now, and if it fails it will go in a fairway.

I have read up on the differences of the three profiles, and have combed through the other threads. If you have played this in driver, what shaft did it replace?

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

Love to hear more on this exact topic.

Callaway Speed 9° Velcore Blue 6X
Callaway Apex 2H Speeder 904X
Callaway Apex 4H Speeder 904X
Miura CB301 4-5 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura CB1008 6-9 iCWT Proto 105X
 Miura HG 4606 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura HG 5210 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura HG 5810 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura HB 6416 iCWT Proto 105X
Garage Palm Beach Stability 1.0X

Red is the underdog of the three. It has a very stiff handle section with a softer tip than the other two profiles. I use it in driver and 3 wood as does @knudson81 he may be able to chime in here on his thoughts. It is by no means a "high" launch or spin, just slightly higher than blue, and I mean slightly.

• Like 3

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 8:48 AM, Fujikura Golf said:

Red is the underdog of the three. It has a very stiff handle section with a softer tip than the other two profiles. I use it in driver and 3 wood as does @knudson81 he may be able to chime in here on his thoughts. It is by no means a "high" launch or spin, just slightly higher than blue, and I mean slightly.

I play a Ventus Red 5S. For me, its not "high" launch. More of a mid launch.

@Fujikura Golf - besides fitting on a launch monitor, how would you characterize the type of player best suited for Red vs. Blue?

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this thread. I’ve played a red in my driver since they came out.  And I simply can’t beat it. It’s in a sim max tour head that’s hotmelted and an actual loft of 10.8.  I usually am around a 0 to -1 AOa so the loft suits me.  This shaft gets the ball up if I want to and is very flat if I don’t.  And for whatever reason this combo is as low spin as anything I’ve ever played. Yet it launches higher.  The mythical high launch low spin deal.  My carry since last winter when I got this is continuing to go up.  And I’m at an unreal percentage with fairways hit over the last 10 months. I found this by accident.  I haven’t hit a black or blue profile.  I’m afraid to loosen the adapter screw I hit this so good.  

• Like 2

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Pxg Gen 2 0317X 3h  kbs 95 s+ 

Titleist T100 [email protected]*  modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a red, and it gives me slight reminders of Matrix red Q3.  Obviously different materials and feel (not just the red paint).  The Q3 was a "blue" profile with a stiffer mid/tip.  Original Matrix HD6 was more of a "white" profile, and tougher to launch for me.  The ventus has the better materials and feel of course.

Ventus red also seems like a firmer/updated motore speeder 6.1.  Almost like a 6.1 and a 6.3 had a baby on steroids.

Just a couple months with the ventus, but I have seen my distance increase.  Obviously YMMV.

• Like 1

I have the Ventus Red (thanks to Fuji and GolfWRX) in my Sim. Previously played the Motore Speeder TS 7.2 then the Atmos TS Blue. I “feel” that these three shafts play the same in stiffness and bend profiles for me. All have been accurate as in point and shoot. Tried a GD in both TP6 and IZ6 and a Smoke Black 6. These three “felt” softer or looser, not as accurate. The Ventus Red gives me the two things I wanted - smidge higher launch with a much better decent angle 36-38 and accuracy while still the same feel of the Atmos or Speeder. 

After seeing Marshall /Trottie at the Kingdom I might have to try the new Motore X now.

hope this helps anyone reading.

• Like 1
M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

@taylorx300  Thank you for the comparisons.  To me the ventus red feels better than the Atmos Blue TS, and I was under the impression that the 7.2 is a whiteboard profile like the ventus black. 

I would rather read these types of reviews to show a few likeable shafts that work for people.  Interesting how everyone's swing and feel is personal to them.

Of course I would also enjoy reading your impressions of the ventus red vs Motore X F3!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:02 PM, bladehunter said:

Just found this thread. I’ve played a red in my driver since they came out.  And I simply can’t beat it. It’s in a sim max tour head that’s hotmelted and an actual loft of 10.8.  I usually am around a 0 to -1 AOa so the loft suits me.  This shaft gets the ball up if I want to and is very flat if I don’t.  And for whatever reason this combo is as low spin as anything I’ve ever played. Yet it launches higher.  The mythical high launch low spin deal.  My carry since last winter when I got this is continuing to go up.  And I’m at an unreal percentage with fairways hit over the last 10 months. I found this by accident.  I haven’t hit a black or blue profile.  I’m afraid to loosen the adapter screw I hit this so good.  

Is yours a velacore?  Thx.

1 hour ago, MarkB10 said:

Is yours a velacore?  Thx.

Yes.  But honestly.  I’ve hit the stock and velocore in the blue and couldn’t tell the difference in feel or spin. .  I’m not certainly there is enough to truly say  so.  Haven’t hit the non in red. 

Edited by bladehunter

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Pxg Gen 2 0317X 3h  kbs 95 s+ 

Titleist T100 [email protected]*  modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

I played the 7X Red (tipped one inch) in my Callaway Mav SZ and it was fantastic.  Perfect flight.  Nice launch and very mid flight for me.  My SS is about 105ish.

I then moved on to another head and when trying to re-tip the shaft, inadvertently over cooked the tip.  Had to trim it and now its in my TS2 16.5FW.  It is also amazing in a fw!  LOL.

This shaft is SOOOOOO underrated in the lineup IMHO.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

On 9/11/2020 at 10:02 AM, bladehunter said:

insert preach emoji! Thank you for the feedback and we're stoked to hear it's working so well for you

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

On 10/9/2020 at 12:24 PM, Puttersaurus Rex said:

@taylorx300  Thank you for the comparisons.  To me the ventus red feels better than the Atmos Blue TS, and I was under the impression that the 7.2 is a whiteboard profile like the ventus black. 

I would rather read these types of reviews to show a few likeable shafts that work for people.  Interesting how everyone's swing and feel is personal to them.

Of course I would also enjoy reading your impressions of the ventus red vs Motore X F3!

The Ventus Red does spec out like a smoother, softer version of the Atmos Blue, which itself is a pretty stout shaft despite what "Blue" would have you believe. It makes sense that the Ventus Red would find some love because it is NOT a some super soft, high launching shaft. On paper it is actually like a slightly more linear, stiffer mid version of something like a Speeder Evolution 757. In that, the Ventus Red actually has more in common with the typical "White" profiles actually. 

The Motore 7.2 and the Ventus Black are both very different profiles and neither really have much in common with the typical "White" profile. The Ventus Black and Red actually kind of have a similar relationship that HZRDUS Black and Red have in that the Red is just a smoother, more friendly version of a still very stout shaft. Very much still an option for the bigger swinger. 

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX 
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage XD 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS
Taylormade SIM Max 18.5* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro Orange 90TX
Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 18.5* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 1:14 AM, Valtiel said:

The Ventus Red does spec out like a smoother, softer version of the Atmos Blue

The more I think about it, the more I like this comparison.  Atmos Blue was a touch harsh for me, and I love the feel of the Ventus Red.  I need more of a linear shaft in driver, and I struggle with timing if the mid is too soft. 

Wonder if there is a Fuji shaft that profiles like a mix of Ventus Red/Motore Speeder 6.1.  These are my favorites at the moment.  A 6.1 with updated materials and Velocore may be my dream combo.  I am happy to test any protos @Fujikura Golf 😉

• 2 months later...

The Ventus Red is nothing like the HZRDUS Smoke black in the tip is it?  I kinda like the stiff handle shafts, such as the old AD DJ but have found combining it with a stiff tip just falls out of the sky for me. I feel like the Tensei white in the TSi3 gave me decent results but I couldn’t time it up with its soft handle. Ended up lofting down with a DI, but thinking Ventus Red could be a winner. Just don’t want it to be overall stiff line HZRDUS, I don’t have the horsepower for that despite making a good pass at it. 

Edited by drscott266
On 1/8/2021 at 8:17 PM, drscott266 said:

The Ventus Red is nothing like the HZRDUS Smoke black in the tip is it?  I kinda like the stiff handle shafts, such as the old AD DJ but have found combining it with a stiff tip just falls out of the sky for me. I feel like the Tensei white in the TSi3 gave me decent results but I couldn’t time it up with its soft handle. Ended up lofting down with a DI, but thinking Ventus Red could be a winner. Just don’t want it to be overall stiff line HZRDUS, I don’t have the horsepower for that despite making a good pass at it. 

I think you would be happy with the Ventus red. I just put one in my TSi3 9 degree head and it beat out the Smoke RDX that came with it. I actually had decent results with the smoke but the Ventus red just flat out beat it. I had a Ventus blue I was going to put in but it is probably heading for the 3 wood now.  I would not compare it to HZRDUS black at all. For reference SS is 110-112 and can get it to 115 on good days. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, dvyChan1987 said:

I think you would be happy with the Ventus red. I just put one in my TSi3 9 degree head and it beat out the Smoke RDX that came with it. I actually had decent results with the smoke but the Ventus red just flat out beat it. I had a Ventus blue I was going to put in but it is probably heading for the 3 wood now.  I would not compare it to HZRDUS black at all. For reference SS is 110-112 and can get it to 115 on good days. 

Thanks for the input, you got me beat by about a good 10mph but I'm sure a step down in flex could equate the opinon.  When I got fit I could have gone with Tensei white stiff in 9* or ended up edging it out with a AD DI in a 8* head.  I found the Tensei harder to sync up for reason and missed left alot.  Stiffer handles seem to help me control the club, but I have to be careful its not an overall stiff profile as the Smoke Black requires me to smash it to get it to go anwhere.  

17 minutes ago, drscott266 said:

Thanks for the input, you got me beat by about a good 10mph but I'm sure a step down in flex could equate the opinon.  When I got fit I could have gone with Tensei white stiff in 9* or ended up edging it out with a AD DI in a 8* head.  I found the Tensei harder to sync up for reason and missed left alot.  Stiffer handles seem to help me control the club, but I have to be careful its not an overall stiff profile as the Smoke Black requires me to smash it to get it to go anwhere.  

Yea I did not enjoy the tense Av raw white when I have swung it. The Ventus red is definitely a smoother profile in my opinion. There is another good thread on there around this shaft too That you should check out. A lot of great info.  

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1785340-jt-with-a-ventus-in-the-tsi3/

• Like 1

So I just purchased a red  velocore 7x and am going to tip it either 1.5 or 2 haven’t decided yet, to get that purple profile.  I use at the moment a velocore black 7x tipped a inch and I like it had a black 7x not tipped a didn’t like it at all.  Before that I was a kuro Kate xt 70tx 1” and atmos black tx 1”. So I’ve always done the low low shafts and kinda just really wanna try the tipping red experiment.  I’ll keep you guys posted.  

Edited by Mario Good Times
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, Mario Good Times said:

So I just purchased a red  velocore 7x and am going to tip it either 1.5 or 2 haven’t decided yet, to get that purple profile.  I use at the moment a velocore black 7x tipped a inch and I like it had a black 7x not tipped a didn’t like it at all.  Before that I was a kuro Kate xt 70tx 1” and atmos black tx 1”. So I’ve always done the low low shafts and kinda just really wanna try the tipping red experiment.  I’ll keep you guys posted.  

I currently play the Velocore Black 7X tipped 1" so I'm curious of your results on the Red. Fill me in on the results and how much you tipped it!

Mavrik 9* : Ventus Black 7X

SIM Max 15* : Ventus Blue 8X

Super Hybrid 20* : Ventus Blue 10X

P790 3i : RIP Alpha 105X

P790 4-PW : $-Taper Black 130X

Hi-Toe Raw 50.09 & 60.10 : Tour Black 130X

Evnroll ER2B

Full WITB Specs

Anyone test - Ventus Red velocore vs Accra TZ6?

Callaway TOUR Epic Flash TD 9.5 - Testing..
PXG Gen2 0341X 15 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
PXG 0317X Gen2 19 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 - GD Tour AD DI 95X
PXG 0311P Gen3 4 - Modus LE 115x
PXG 0311ST  - 5-9 - Modus LE 115X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy" 46,50,54 - DG TI S400
Vokey Slate Blue 60K- DG TI S400 Onyx
PXG One & Done

Pretty cool to see JT playing the highest launch version in this lineup.

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

TaylorMade M3 3HL - Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 3 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8S

TaylorMade P770 4-AW - Project X LZ 6.0

TaylorMade MG2 TW Grind 56 & 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider FCG - KBS CT Tour

TaylorMade TP5X

2 hours ago, djhgolf said:

Anyone test - Ventus Red velocore vs Accra TZ6?

Also curious if anybody has tested...starting my testing season soon and these two are at the top of my list this year.

Cobra F9 9.5* - Tour AD IZ 6x

Callaway Epic 14.5* - ProLaunch Blue 85x

Adams DHY Pro 21* - Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Miura CB201 4i - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Miura Retro Blades 5-PW - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Scratch Wedge 53* - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Fourteen RM11 58* - Recoil 95 F4

Taylormade Hi-Toe 64* - hi-rev

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, Mario Good Times said:

So, how'd it go?

JBeam Bullet 10*                           Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 15* 3WD.             Fujikura Ventus Red 8X

Exotics CBX119 18* 5WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 21* 7WD                    Fujikura Ventus Red 9X
MIURA CB57 5-7                            MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA Tournament Blade 8-P      MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 Prototype 1.5 Beach 34/350 (A010656)

So the ball flight was high and had more spin then I’m used to.  The shaft felt pretty good with good kick.

so I didn’t give up because I am a highball hitter but like to hit baby draws and this profile works for me doing that.  
so I bought a 8 degree head and set it up for the lowest spin possible and wow, I hit perfect little draws and deep deep balls.  Longer balls then my ventus black.  It’s all about feel now because I’m a person who is used to a rebar kinda kick.  But the experiment was a success.  My buddy who hits a lower cut shot loves this shaft and has offered to buy it numerous times the last week.

• Thanks 1

Yep, I been playing Ventus Red Velocore 5 series "S" since Feb 2020, tipped 1/2" after prep and finished playing length at 44.75".  I would NOT say it has a softer or soft tip; that implies an active tip section like other OEM shafts like Diamana that have color coded shafts, including "RED."  It's a dynamite shaft but not for everyone. 

Though it's the highest trajectory of the three Ventus shafts, it's NOT high by any means.  My trajectory is mid and the ball is flying further than with my other shaft - Fujikura Fuel TS "S".  With minor swing adjustments I can make it into a wind cheater too.  I have the 7 Series in my 4wd, and it's doing a great job as well, out there with 3wds of other golfers.

I am 70yrs old, the last three weeks - benign conditions, 4 drives over 275yds with the longest being 300+ yards.  Though my previous driver shaft had me in the 245+ range, none of my drives were as long as the ones I mention.  Thank you technology and Fujikura.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i TENSEI AV White AM(2) "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW TENSEI AV White AM(2) "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 TENSEI AV White AM(2) "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX