Ventus Red

btpd806

Have been testing the Red 6x tipped 1” in my TSi3 and I have been very impressed so far. I’m seeing more carry than the Ventus blue but a little more spin. I am on with the spin because the blue was giving me 1900ish and now the red has me around 2200 consistently. Feel is all relative to the player but I feel the blue kick more than the red. 

28 minutes ago, dvyChan1987 said:

Have been testing the Red 6x tipped 1” in my TSi3 and I have been very impressed so far. I’m seeing more carry than the Ventus blue but a little more spin. I am on with the spin because the blue was giving me 1900ish and now the red has me around 2200 consistently. Feel is all relative to the player but I feel the blue kick more than the red. 

Is your blue tipped 1” as well? 

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

On 1/11/2021 at 1:51 PM, jackdanger said:

Also curious if anybody has tested...starting my testing season soon and these two are at the top of my list this year.

Came down to these 2 shafts for me when I got fitted at Club Champion for my TSi3 driver. Performance metrics wise for me it was dead even across the board. At the end of the day I went with the Ventus Red because of its noticeably smoother mid section feel while still being super stable in the tip. For background I’m more of a smooth profile DI/blueboard kinda guy so personal preference was the winning factor here. Hope this helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, timmekang said:

Came down to these 2 shafts for me when I got fitted at Club Champion for my TSi3 driver. Performance metrics wise for me it was dead even across the board. At the end of the day I went with the Ventus Red because of its noticeably smoother mid section feel while still being super stable in the tip. For background I’m more of a smooth profile DI/blueboard kinda guy so personal preference was the winning factor here. Hope this helps!

Was it similar to the DI?

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9 Diamana WS 70 TX
3w: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15/BRNR Mini Diamana D+Plus 80TX

5w: Paradym AI Smoke 18 Tensei Pro White 1k 90 TX
4i: Srixon ZX Mk II AD IZ 95x

5-PW: Miura TC-201 Oban CT 125x

50/54/59: Cleveland RTX Zipcore DG S400

Putter: Jailbird 380 WH/Taylormade Spider Tour Red/Odyssey #7CH Milled

1 hour ago, BlueDragonKorea said:

Was it similar to the DI?

Yes in that it is smooth middle with stiff tip but for me overall it was 1-2 steps towards the firmer side of the shaft spectrum compared to DI. For instance I play a DI 6X since we all know DI is roughly at least half step softer than the rest but now will be gaming a 5S in the Ventus Red (107SS and just under 160BS and it holds up just fine). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got one on order to be tipped paired with my incoming SIM 2 Max head. Looking forward to feeling this shaft 

• Like 1

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

• 5 weeks later...

I'm looking strongly at a ventus, but can't hit them.  Based on chatting with Knudson I am leaning towards the Ventus red for a TItleist TSi2 head.  I am currently playing a TSi3 8* with a DI 6S but it just feels all over the place.  I thought I really liked the TSi3 head, but realized I have gravitated more towards the modern shapes.  Would the red be a step firmer in the handle compared to DI?  I haven't had luck with tensei white due to soft handle, but have really good luck with Tensei blue... seems like Ventus red is closer to tensei blue than the ventus blue, which is supposed to have the softer handle.  Thanks for any help, I am not super worried about making a wrong move, just want to make the most informed decision I can without hitting. 

8 minutes ago, drscott266 said:

I'm looking strongly at a ventus, but can't hit them.  Based on chatting with Knudson I am leaning towards the Ventus red for a TItleist TSi2 head.  I am currently playing a TSi3 8* with a DI 6S but it just feels all over the place.  I thought I really liked the TSi3 head, but realized I have gravitated more towards the modern shapes.  Would the red be a step firmer in the handle compared to DI?  I haven't had luck with tensei white due to soft handle, but have really good luck with Tensei blue... seems like Ventus red is closer to tensei blue than the ventus blue, which is supposed to have the softer handle.  Thanks for any help, I am not super worried about making a wrong move, just want to make the most informed decision I can without hitting. 

I would say it is stiffer in the handle than a AD-DI for sure. You can look at the numbers all day but how it feels to the player can vary obviously. I play a Ventus Red 6x tipped 1" in my TSi3 9 * and I have absolutely loved it. I find it very mid launching but I can still hit a lower fairway finder if needed. It is as very stable combination for me and what surprised me the most is my launch went up just a tad when I compared it to the Ventus blue but my spin stayed pretty much the same. In the end I was getting some extra yards of carry but not losing a ton of rollout.  For reference SS 112-115 constantly. If you have any other questions Ill happily answer them, been playing this combo since December.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dvyChan1987 said:

I would say it is stiffer in the handle than a AD-DI for sure. You can look at the numbers all day but how it feels to the player can vary obviously. I play a Ventus Red 6x tipped 1" in my TSi3 9 * and I have absolutely loved it. I find it very mid launching but I can still hit a lower fairway finder if needed. It is as very stable combination for me and what surprised me the most is my launch went up just a tad when I compared it to the Ventus blue but my spin stayed pretty much the same. In the end I was getting some extra yards of carry but not losing a ton of rollout.  For reference SS 112-115 constantly. If you have any other questions Ill happily answer them, been playing this combo since December.

Thanks!  I only hit a Ventus blue once before and have never been able to hit red. The ad di and 8* head just feels weird to me, and my fitting was just one session like most of us. Looking to make an educated guess and know that butt stiff shafts help me feel more in control, as the tensei white 9* gave me good numbers but I didn’t feel like I could control it. Kinda from reading the boards it seems like the blue Ventus is more similar to white, and the red is more similar to a tensei blue but tighter. Seems like a good fit on paper 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drscott266 said:

Thanks!  I only hit a Ventus blue once before and have never been able to hit red. The ad di and 8* head just feels weird to me, and my fitting was just one session like most of us. Looking to make an educated guess and know that butt stiff shafts help me feel more in control, as the tensei white 9* gave me good numbers but I didn’t feel like I could control it. Kinda from reading the boards it seems like the blue Ventus is more similar to white, and the red is more similar to a tensei blue but tighter. Seems like a good fit on paper 

Yea I don’t think the Red feels loose at all for me. I feel a nice mid bend and release through impact. The blue is very butt soft in my opinion and I had a hard time loading it in my driver. I did butt trim it to fit my TSi2 3 wood and it works a lot better than in the driver.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dvyChan1987 said:

Yea I don’t think the Red feels loose at all for me. I feel a nice mid bend and release through impact. The blue is very butt soft in my opinion and I had a hard time loading it in my driver. I did butt trim it to fit my TSi2 3 wood and it works a lot better than in the driver.

Thanks for the great input, I tried to order it but my shop says it’s not in Titleist available options just yet, but it’s already in their 2021 custom book online so should be soon. I’m really excited to see what velacore can do in person, as when I hit the blue I had the same feeling. Felt loose but no pop. I am liking the sound of a mid/high lowish spin smooth shaft. 

36 minutes ago, drscott266 said:

Thanks for the great input, I tried to order it but my shop says it’s not in Titleist available options just yet, but it’s already in their 2021 custom book online so should be soon. I’m really excited to see what velacore can do in person, as when I hit the blue I had the same feeling. Felt loose but no pop. I am liking the sound of a mid/high lowish spin smooth shaft. 

I think you will enjoy. The Ventus line all around has just helped me find the middle of the face more too. I think the red is underrated as most people have said on this thread. I think how they categorize it makes people count it out immediately. TSi is the best driver I’ve played in a while and the Ventus red combo has my confidence at an all time high with driver right now

• Like 1

Just got my Ventus red 7x with my Radspeed and wanted to chime in.  Originally I ordered the Radspeed with a Ventus Black 6x, however due to inventory issues, I decided to go with a red 7X after reading that the handle is very similar to the black. Eventually Cobra will be sending me a black 6x which I will compare the red to. Until then, I can provide a brief comparison of the Ventus red 7x to the Graphite Design AD-TP 7x. Both untipped.

I played the AD-TP in my F9 for 2 years and loved the combo, nice penetrating mid flight. However, I noticed sometimes it would spin up on me a little bit and then just drop out of the sky. I attributed this to poor strike and the F9 being less stable than most heads. 

When I got my Radspeed, I went to the range right away. Turned out to be very windy that day and I was hitting straight into a 29KM wind. First thing I noticed, the Ventus is very very smooth and has a nice pop to it. Based upon feel on my first shot, I thought "oh no thats too spinny it's going nowhere". I looked up and saw the ball flight, dead straight, mid-high peak which flattened out and carried about 285. I hit 6 more balls my ball flight was straight to very slight fade resulting in the same distance and launch window. 

The AD-TP feels like it has a firmer tip section and isn't nearly as smooth as the Ventus in my opinion. The flight is a tad lower than the red and often wants to go straight or slight draw. I hit about 6 balls with the AD-TP, which looked as they were penetrating through the wind. However, just before they reach the peak, they would balloon and fall out of the sky and carrying around 250. I even tried to flight one lower and the wind still took it. Dispersion also wasn't nearly as good as the ventus due to the occasional hook miss.

The Red is highly underrated and overlooked. I wouldn't be afraid of this being labeled as "high launch/high spin", "red" shaft category. I feel like this fits in with the blue profile but spins lower.

Initially, this was an experiment as I was a little afraid this would launch/spin too high in which I would just toss it in my fairway. However, I'm very happy with the ventus red in my driver. I'm really considering going with a 9x for my 3 wood. 

Edited by EvoXWW
  • Like 3

Cobra RADspeed Ventus Black 6X

Taylormade Sim Ti 15* Ventus Red 7x

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 Iron Hzrdus Smoke Black 100g 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW C Taper 130X ssx1

Titleist SM6 50, 54, 

Taylormade Hi Toe 58

Evnroll ER2

@evoviiiyou Should be an interesting to see how your swing deals with the differences.  They have some similarities, but handles are completely different as well as bend profiles.  I've compared TB to Red specs.  IMO - a better comparison would be Ventus Blue to TB.

I have been playing two Ventus Red Velocore shafts; one 5 series "S", other 7 series "S" since they were introduced.  Also have many Diamama shafts going back to originals, collecting dust in the shaft barrel, but no TB.   Good luck.

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

The shaft is becoming more popular on tour, Min Woo Lee and Louis Oousthuizen put them in their bags. I really want one 😅

• Like 1

I'd love for @Fujikura Golf to release the Red in an 80 gram weight. I'd like to put one in my 4 wood instead of the black I have. I much prefer the stiffer handle of the Black and Red when compared to the Blue. 

• Like 2

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

16 hours ago, MPAndreassi said:

I'd love for @Fujikura Golf to release the Red in an 80 gram weight. I'd like to put one in my 4 wood instead of the black I have. I much prefer the stiffer handle of the Black and Red when compared to the Blue. 

Same, an 8x for my 3 wood would be awesome

• Like 1

Cobra RADspeed Ventus Black 6X

Taylormade Sim Ti 15* Ventus Red 7x

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 Iron Hzrdus Smoke Black 100g 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW C Taper 130X ssx1

Titleist SM6 50, 54, 

Taylormade Hi Toe 58

Evnroll ER2

On 3/1/2021 at 10:49 AM, BlueDragonKorea said:

The shaft is becoming more popular on tour, Min Woo Lee and Louis Oousthuizen put them in their bags. I really want one 😅

In driver or fwy?

I thought MWL - Was playing TB in driver?

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

On 2/28/2021 at 5:06 PM, ASN21 said:

WRX2020

edit: appears to be 15% instead of 20% now

found it

Edited by driveandputtmachine
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

32 minutes ago, djhgolf said:

In driver or fwy?

I thought MWL - Was playing TB in driver?

Min Woo switched to a 7x red in the driver

I'm really wanting to get some time with the Red 7X now. I've got a Ventus Black in driver and two Ventus Blues in fairways. Impossible to find in our local stores which bites, but also can't be ordered in driver from most manufacturers. The reviews in this thread sound strong through. I've got some hunting to do. 

Edited by dacatalyst41

Been following this thread for a while. Just found one on 2nd Swing's website for the same price as what they are selling the Sim Max stock shafts. One of the pictures even showed part of the word Velocore when showing a picture of the Titleist tip. I decided to screenshot it as proof in case they ship one of the stock shafts.

When all the snow finishes melting, the Ventus is going to be in a competition with a Motore X F3 in a Ping G400 LST head. Although I love the Tensei Pro Blue that I'm currently using when it's dry out, I'm looking for just a touch higher ballflight so I can maximize carry in the wet months as well as take it over some of the doglegs on my home course.