How soon before Spieth drops out of the top 50

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, maybe the mono messed him up?   Look, in 2017, he had 3 wins Including a Major.   He gets mono in the winter of 2017.   Never wins since.   Just sayin.      

He doesn't seem content & complacent to me. He seems anxious & frustrated.

Guy is a solid player, who but for DJ's awful 3-putt and 20 minute icing of Kuchar could be a single major winner, instead of a 3-time winner. Maybe that's where the expectations for him should be? Ye

Driving seems to be his biggest issue currently. Can’t keep it on the course and is making doubles that are killing his rounds.

TM M2 Pro White 60
TM M1 3HL Pro White 80
TM 3 P790 PX
TM 4-5 P770 PX
TM 6-PW P750 PX
TItleist SM6 50, 56, 62 PX
Toulon Atlanta

Perhaps he lost the “Eye of the Tiger” as had been said in Rocky III. He’s a major winner, achieved #1, etc. Every time he came to Australia he had a great year, he won a couple of Australian Open, he was still and unknown player the first time here, he walked The Australian without protection or crowds following him except me ? Nice young bloke at that time. His last round was memorable with a 63.

Hopefully he recovers and have better performances in 2020.

i won't count him out too soon. He's got the winner instinct. HIs mechanics have always looked odd..it was his though.. Go see Butch lol

SIM 10.5 Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD
Cobra LTD PRO EVO III FUJI/ Graffaloy Blue
Cobra F9 Avalanche 3/4 Atmos 7
Cobra F9 Avalanche 5/6 Atmos 7
Adams XTD TI Hybrid 21-23*
Ping iBlade 3-pw DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
RTX 3.0 50, 54, 58 Modus 120
Toulon Columbus

Years ago in an interview he mentioned he didn't think he would have a long shelf life on tour. Weirdest thing. My dad and I looked at each other confused. I believe this was after his US Open win.

Either way could careless. He is one of my least favorite golfer. The whole Michael and I comments drove me nuts. And that patented chicken wing on the long irons made me want to vomit.

PDQ

JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra TZ6 65 M5
Exotics CBX 119 13.5* 3WD & 18* 5WD Accra TourZ 382 M5
Exotics CB2  21* 7WD Accra TZ5 85 M5  
PING S55 5-P Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
Miura Tour Milled Wedge 51, 55, 59 Fujikura MCI 125 Solid

Bettinardi Innovai Tour DASS Flowneck Prototype

Honestly, his swing is terrible. Can't hit a driver or a long iron. You can't depend on draining every 20 footer all the time. He should get a new swing coach and hire a really good strength and conditioning coach. Doesn't seem like he has the drive. One of my least favorite tour players.

• Like 1

No doubt Jordan is in a (relative) slump but the revisionism on Spieth is hilarious.

"Terrible golf swing", "draining every 20 footer", "game was based on knocking in 20 footers, which is not sustainable" - if that was the case I don't believe 11 PGA Tour wins incl. 3 majors over a 5 year period is possible.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

If anybody ever noticed most guys have a hot period in there careers where they win a bunch of times or seem to be in the top ten almost every week and then most fade into the backround. It happens all the time. I can think of a bunch in the last six or seven years.

Jason Day is on that slow decent now to average. Sure they might show flashes here and there and might win again but it won't sustain. Speith peaked early in his career and he is now half way down the decent to average player who used to win. I doubt he will ever play like that again.

Dufner was another one. K Bradley was another. Bradley has show a little bit the last year but three years ago he was or seemed to be always around the top ten, even won a major. It won't happen again. Mickelson is on the decent now. In fairness to him, he just got older. He had a great career and stayed relevant for a long time. It's hard to do. Most guys don't. Speith is done being an upper tier player. He had a good run, better than a lot of others.

Exactly. These guys are hilarious.

And the tripe about “ draining every 20 footer” is pure nonsense. He hasn’t stopped putting well. It’s the swing change that’s killing him. He’s gone from upright to a bent over nonsense swing. Why ? I’ll never know. He needs to seek help getting back to his upright Self. All that flat move has done is make a 2 way miss.

TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
Artisan   53 59 s400
Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

He's still with Cam McCormick no? I wonder if the decision to change the full swing mechanics was Jordan's or Cameron's?

W/S Cortex 10.5*
TEE EXS 220 15*
TEE EXS Pro 19*/22*
TEE EXS Pro Blade 5-P
TEE EXS Pro 52*/56*/60*
Stroke Lab Ten

Hard to say. But I’d lean towards McCormick’s. Jordan seems to follow cams thoughts pretty much to a T.

The swing change is easy to see. Just compare 2015 masters to today. He’s much more bent over at the hips and laid off. That type swing isn’t conducive to a one way miss. It relies on more timing to get the face correct at impact since the face is coming more from the inside and exiting quicker to the left. When he was upright he held the club face square to start line longer though the hitting zone than any player on tour. Now he’s flashing in and out, hoping to hit the ball with a proper face angle. It’s pure insanity in my book.

Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
Artisan   53 59 s400

Dude is a winner and a hard worker and really appears to be a great guy.

I just feel like the thoroughbreds are going to pass him by. Guys with seemingly more natural, modern games.

He doesn't look comfortable over the golf ball...never has...even when he was putting lights out it looked kind of weird.

Also with him being a natural right to left guy we know how fickle that can be.

[b]TM SIM Max 10.5* - GD AD-TP 6X
TM SIM 15* - GD AD-DI 7X
PING G410 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 8X
Honma T//World 747 V - KBS Tour $-Taper 130X
Mizuno T20 52/56/60 - TT TI S400
Byron Morgan DH89[/b]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/992735-judge440-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[url="https://www.instagram.com/judge44o/"]https://www.instagram.com/judge44o/[/url]

Agree with allot of that. But will point out that he hit a beautiful little fall right fade in 2015 with his irons. That rope hook swing is what I was alluding to earlier. chasing 10 yards isn’t worth the dispersion difference. Hookers seen to struggle more when the timing is off.

• Like 1

Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
Artisan   53 59 s400

LOL....here we go again. The same things that allowed him to be near the top of the sport a short time ago are now judged as what is holding him back by the armchair QB's when things aren't going as well. Golf is hard, I bet he will be back.

The only thing to really say is that he isn't winning and hasn't for a while.

I tend to believe the swing change was his idea and not his teacher's idea. No coach in their right mind would have changed Tiger but he wanted to change. Thought he needed to to be more consistent. I know there is no was to know for sure but if he keeps the original swing, the Butch swing, or the Hank swing it probably doesn't make a difference. He might even have more wins. Perfectionists are never satisfied and some will always need something new/different because in their mind it is how you get better.

I'm not really a Spieth fan but golf is always better when you have dominant players playing at a high level and he was that for a time.