2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

martinvan09

2 minutes ago, Ize said:

Avalible to purchase in australia as of today, interestingly the G425 irons have a standard black ferruel the previous pics may be only for the asian market. can also order the new mizuno irons feels strange to be able to get this stuff before America, we usually have to wait months.

Just embrace it, glad for you guys!  

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

4 minutes ago, RacineBoxer said:

The offset on that G425 7 iron looks less than what I see on my G400 9 iron. 

It likely is given the G410 was less than the G400. 

Maybe I am nuts, but i preferred when the G irons looked more shovely. I thought the G410 irons felt the worst the the entire line, and these new pics suggest this iron doesnt have the CPT either. This does not bode well for sound and feel. I am not looking for mizuno feel, but the 410s felt super harsh on almost any shot.

On 8/31/2020 at 7:59 AM, ProjectX said:

Those ferrules are super busy. Amazing how Ping has transitioned from no ferrules to this in only a handful of years.

these are for the Japanese market, which I like, but doesn't mean they will make it here.

• Like 1
Callaway Epic Max 10.5 Mitsubishi AVBlue 65 S
Callaway Paradigm HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B RX
God Bless America

Stay Free

Ping has me completely baffled by their current snub of the US during the biggest golf sales boom.... Ever.... They are way behind on everything, cant keep stock in stores. It is 2 months min for custom orders... 

Then release their new stuff outside the US first... Someone smarter  than me (should be most of you) explain it.. 

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

31 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Ping has me completely baffled by their current snub of the US during the biggest golf sales boom.... Ever.... They are way behind on everything, cant keep stock in stores. It is 2 months min for custom orders... 

Then release their new stuff outside the US first... Someone smarter  than me (should be most of you) explain it.. 

There are many more people in the world than there is in the United States of America; the world does not revolve around it like it does the sun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

31 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

come on. it's probalbly the first time a OEM doesn't release their new stuff not in the US. is it really that bad or are you a bit overdramatic?
it would be even funnier to me if they would start releasing the new line in europe first ?
you'll (the US) get it just a few weeks later, but in the end, christmas (g425) will come for all of us

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scott_Donald said:

There are many more people in the world than there is in the United States of America; the world does not revolve around it like it does the sun. 

Haha. Relax. I never said anything the world revolving around the us. But the market is super hot here right now. Thats all.. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

12 minutes ago, cliche said:

come on. it's probalbly the first time a OEM doesn't release their new stuff not in the US. is it really that bad or are you a bit overdramatic?
it would be even funnier to me if they would start releasing the new line in europe first ?
you'll (the US) get it just a few weeks later, but in the end, christmas (g425) will come for all of us

I may be being a bit dramatic. But you see my point.Ping is 2 months behind or more on orders. They cancelled the release that was suppose to happen next month in the US. Mizuno did the same thing, but have since moved it up and adjusted very well to the market. Ping is not adjusting very well. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X

26 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I may be being a bit dramatic. But you see my point.Ping is 2 months behind or more on orders. They cancelled the release that was suppose to happen next month in the US. Mizuno did the same thing, but have since moved it up and adjusted very well to the market. Ping is not adjusting very well. 

1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

With global supply chains in a crunch as you referenced it was decision making time.  It is currently September in the states, rounds played over the next 2 months will be significantly less than the 2 months we just experienced.  In Australia Spring begins in September, which means rounds will be increasing in the upcoming months.  If I were to have the ability to produce enough equipment for market A with an expected slow down, or market B with an expected increase, it would be a no-brainer.  

The USA will get stock much later than we want it, but still before spring of 2021.  I am considering an order from Down Under, but I surely am not blaming Ping for having to make a smart business decision in the time of Covid.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 4

I think the story on the fairways looks like: 1. some sort of cup face and 2. a new marketing term "spinsistency" which may be some kind of bulge/roll story or MOI story. Not sure, I have been pointing my phone at the the Japanese advertisements using Google translate, but it only works so well.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Looks like the drivers have internal ribs to tweak the sound, so looks like they put some thought into that which I assume most people will like.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

37 minutes ago, caloge said:

im sure there is a story behind the three dots on the fairways. Ping doesnt do anything without a purpose. 

I also think the problem with the ferrules isnt the accent, but the height. If they wanted to go so short they probably should have stuck with black, but what do i know 

More info on the whole line here https://app.golfhub.co/webview?i=RwPraGHItXR12SdjJwRf - has a bunch of the marketing info from Australia (so in English). 

Specifically re the fariways and hybrids:

Big Advancements Mean Big Distance.

In the G425 fairway woods and hybrids, two shared PING innovations known as Facewrap Technology and Spinsistency combine to deliver more distance and spin predictability while offering numerous options to ensure proper gapping throughout a golfer’s bag.

With the Facewrap design, a thin, high-strength maraging steel face extends into the crown and sole to provide increased flexing for faster ball speeds that result in greater distance and high launching shots.

To bring more consistent spin performance, the faces of the fairway woods and hybrids are engineered with a complex face curvature that modifies the roll profile, mainly low on the face where the loft decreases approximately 2.5º to normalise spin and increase ball speed for more distance. Both player and PING Man robot testing revealed greatly improved distance results from Spinsistency, specifically low on the face, the most common miss-hit for fairway woods and hybrids.

A tungsten sole weight strategically positioned in each club increases the MOI in the stainless steel heads for added forgiveness. On the crown, a new 3-dot alignment feature provides golfers a visual cue to address the ball to best match their eye.

The fairway woods are offered in Max 3W (14.5º), 5W (17.5º) 7W (20.5º), 9W (23.5º), LST (Low Spin) 3W (14.5º) and SFT (Straight Flight) 3W (16º), 5W (19º) and 7W (22)º options. The hybrids are available in 2 (17º), 3 (19º), 4 (22º), 5 (26º), 6 (30º) and 7 (34º).

Both the fairway woods and hybrids are engineered with the lightweight, 8-position hosel for loft (+-1.5º) and lie (up to 3º flatter) adjustments to further dial in ball flight.

Was posted a page or so back but wanted to link it again since it was put up without comment the first time.

50 minutes ago, Stetson said:

With global supply chains in a crunch as you referenced it was decision making time.  It is currently September in the states, rounds played over the next 2 months will be significantly less than the 2 months we just experienced.  In Australia Spring begins in September, which means rounds will be increasing in the upcoming months.  If I were to have the ability to produce enough equipment for market A with an expected slow down, or market B with an expected increase, it would be a no-brainer.  

The USA will get stock much later than we want it, but still before spring of 2021.  I am considering an order from Down Under, but I surely am not blaming Ping for having to make a smart business decision in the time of Covid.

Just my 2 cents

That is a well thought out response. Thanks! I do think they made some bad decisions before this one. I also think of all the major OEMs they are handling the covid situation the worst. 

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

18 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

That is a well thought out response. Thanks! I do think they made some bad decisions before this one. I also think of all the major OEMs they are handling the covid situation the worst. 

That is very possible.  I have no knowledge of their supply chain or decisions (obviously).  I would not be shocked if the decision to slow down production on the G410 lineup was made over the winter of 2019-2020 as their products were on the back half of the life cycle and they were going to be switching towards the G425.  They may have also made a decision to slow down production at the start of COVID expecting unemployment to adversely affect purchases, only to be exactly wrong on their prediction.  There could have been many variables that caused these silly delays.  I ordered a bag in July and was quoted 4 weeks, luckily I got it in 2.5 weeks but still should have been a product that was shipped right away.  I feel your pain my man

Edited by Stetson

I know the US release date is still way up in the air and pretty much unknown. Any ideas on state-side embargoes for reviews/videos though? Came down in fitting to SIM and G410LST for me this year, but I can say with 100% certainty that if the sound is closer to SIM, this will go straight in the bag no questions asked. Digging the look of these more than any PING driver in recent history.

• Like 1

Driver - AI Smoke Triple Diamond, Tensei 1k Blue 6tx

3 Wood - Callaway AI Smoke Max, Tensei AV Blue 75x

2 Iron - Titleist U505, Graphite Design AD-DI 8x

4-PW - T150, Project X 6.5

50 Degree - SM10 50.12F, Project X 6.5

54 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, mid bounce, Hi-Rev 2.0 135x

60 Degree - SM10 60.10S, S200

Putter - Newport 2 CC Buttonback 

2023 Pro V1

2 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

If they're 2 months behind on custom orders of current stuff, how would they be able to keep up with a new worldwide product launch?

We don't know if if they're constrained by component availability, manufacturing capacity, or both, but it's a pretty safe bet it's one of those.

It would appear they are releasing in order to take advantage of prime season in the major Southern Hemisphere markets.   And expecting that by next year, things will improve in time for the start of the northern hemisphere season.

It's less a snub, than it probably is a business decision made in a very different world.   

Would you prefer the open all spigots only to then be told your new driver may not arrive for 4 months, and it could possibly be longer?   Then you have frustrated customers taking it out on retailers and cancelling orders.    

There are a lot of tough choices businesses are having to make everywhere.   It's impacting their business, their employees, and their retailers in bigger ways than  having to wait a bit to get a shiny new toy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KParks said:

More info on the whole line here https://app.golfhub.co/webview?i=RwPraGHItXR12SdjJwRf - has a bunch of the marketing info from Australia (so in English). 

Specifically re the fariways and hybrids:

Was posted a page or so back but wanted to link it again since it was put up without comment the first time.

Not knocking ping, but tour edge has been doing this for years.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

5 minutes ago, BlkNGld said:

If they're 2 months behind on custom orders of current stuff, how would they be able to keep up with a new worldwide product launch?

We don't know if if they're constrained by component availability, manufacturing capacity, or both, but it's a pretty safe bet it's one of those.

It would appear they are releasing in order to take advantage of prime season in the major Southern Hemisphere markets.   And expecting that by next year, things will improve in time for the start of the northern hemisphere season.

It's less a snub, than it probably is a business decision made in a very different world.   

Would you prefer the open all spigots only to then be told your new driver may not arrive for 4 months, and it could possibly be longer?   Then you have frustrated customers taking it out on retailers and cancelling orders.    

There are a lot of tough choices businesses are having to make everywhere.   It's impacting their business, their employees, and their retailers in bigger ways than  having to wait a bit to get a shiny new toy.

How do you think they are going to supply the world if the are behind here? If they are behind in one place they are going to be behind in all of them.. 

MIzuno figured it out. You start telling people stuff is not available as you ramp up to the new line. Ping is just not adjusting very well. 

Edited by QuigleyDU

BALL; Chrome Soft X

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic