Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

Couple of things to note here,

these products would normally have been released at the Open Championship ( British Open to my US friends) and then available to order in August.

due to Covid and no Open Championship this year they changed their thinking, my guess is the Factory would have had to start producing these in China and probably due to the limited quantities they are producing they’ve decided to release them to markets where the demand for Ping is not as great as in The US/ UK/ Europe. I’ve asked my local supplier who as a Ping Custom Fitting day on October 2nd if they’ll have new product available to demo/ fit and he as told me yes ( would seem strange not to as no one would want a fitting for product that is already being replaced)

The other thing I’d question is why hold back release to next Year if there is not going to be a PGA show in Orlando in 2021 ( highly unlikely considering circumstances at present)

Titleist are still on track to release their offerings in November as they normally would, Mizuno seem to have brought theirs forward along with Callaway and their Big Bertha line, Taylor Made have also released new product prior to the show which would now leave Ping lagging behind everyone, makes sense to bring new product to the market with Golf on a bit of a Boom at the moment, and a lot of new product available this side of Xmas,

I’m surprised at PING really as they have always been known as one of the Top American Golf companies with a loyalty to the USA and then Europe, you’ve only got to look at their sponsorship of the Solheim Cup, Strange decision that is hard to comprehend.

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I got some time with both drivers on the sim today.  I used a Ping Tour 65 stiff that plays at 45.25” in both drivers, definitely not what I would be using but it’s what I have to work with at the

I wonder if Ping could hot melt my mother in law to improve the annoying sound?

I'd consult a Dr.  Sounds serious.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, elwhippy said:

Or they may be launching is Asia as they can charge more money and get some cash into the coffers. 

nah, PING doesn’t play that game

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Maybe posted already but lots of pics and promo videos out of Australia   of this line.  The fairway is a cup face, interesting.  Is the LST really going to be pear shaped?

Edited by Lemonde

ON ORDER: TaylorMade MYSIM2 Red 9.0 HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX PVD 6.5

PONDERING: Mizuno ST-Z 15.0
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

VACANT: Gap Wedge 54/55 

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58 ATV

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red
5 hours ago, Marlockey said:

Couple of things to note here,

these products would normally have been released at the Open Championship ( British Open to my US friends) and then available to order in August.

due to Covid and no Open Championship this year they changed their thinking, my guess is the Factory would have had to start producing these in China and probably due to the limited quantities they are producing they’ve decided to release them to markets where the demand for Ping is not as great as in The US/ UK/ Europe. I’ve asked my local supplier who as a Ping Custom Fitting day on October 2nd if they’ll have new product available to demo/ fit and he as told me yes ( would seem strange not to as no one would want a fitting for product that is already being replaced)

The other thing I’d question is why hold back release to next Year if there is not going to be a PGA show in Orlando in 2021 ( highly unlikely considering circumstances at present)

Titleist are still on track to release their offerings in November as they normally would, Mizuno seem to have brought theirs forward along with Callaway and their Big Bertha line, Taylor Made have also released new product prior to the show which would now leave Ping lagging behind everyone, makes sense to bring new product to the market with Golf on a bit of a Boom at the moment, and a lot of new product available this side of Xmas,

I’m surprised at PING really as they have always been known as one of the Top American Golf companies with a loyalty to the USA and then Europe, you’ve only got to look at their sponsorship of the Solheim Cup, Strange decision that is hard to comprehend.

Prime selling season is Feb-July (at least that's what my Golf Digest interview with Dick's/Golf Galaxy tells me).

The past few years Ping has launched:

G400 July 2017

G700 Feb 2018

i500  July 2018

G410  Feb 2018

G710  Jan 2020

See a pattern there? It's July or Jan/Feb.

Ping is dribbling their next big launch out in Japan/Australia but preparing for a big U.S. launch in January. Perhaps they know what they are doing.  I know here in Wisconsin the golf season is coming to an end quickly and I'm not thinking about buying.

• Like 1

Well, its 365 days of golf here in Los Angeles. I am ready to buy, for sure

• Like 2

Cobra Pars & Stripes Speedzone, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-S Velocore, Club Conex Uni-Fit
Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft

Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 3 wood with UST Elements Chrome 7F4
Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Cobra Speedzone irons 4 - PW Recoil ESX F4 shafts
Cleveland CBX2 48* wedge & Cleveland FullFace 56* wedge with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Snell MTB-X / Black, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Graves One Plane swing

I’m thinking driver, 3-wood and possibly 3-hybrid. I’m hoping for demo days in 2021 as we got robbed from them in 2020.

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5” vs Callaway Max 10.5* Rogue Max
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos vs Callaway Max 15*
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s vs PXG gen1 0211 4-P TGI80
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Shot Scope V3

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Driver, 5w, hybrid

Although a digitally lofted 3w LST that can get to 17* would be a game changer

• Like 1

I’m thinking driver, 3-wood and possibly 3-hybrid. I’m hoping for demo days in 2021 as we got robbed from them in 2020.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5” vs Callaway Max 10.5* Rogue Max
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos vs Callaway Max 15*
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s vs PXG gen1 0211 4-P TGI80
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Shot Scope V3

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

What low launch, low spin, low torque shaft do you guys think will pair best with the G425 10.5* Max for a 110-115 swing speed? Would love something that has just a slight bit of feel of load at the top and slight kick at the bottom, but overall is just extremely stable that will keep the launch and spin down. I know people have talked before about classic combinations of shafts and heads. And obviously it's all speculation at this point, but isn't that what's so fun about threads like these?!

Driver - Ping G400 Max 9*, GD Tour AD GP 7X

3W - Ping G400, HZRDS Black 6.5

3i - TM P790, GD Tour AD DI 9X

4-PW - Ping i200, DG X100 120

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 50 (bent to 51) SS, 56 WS, 60 TS

Putter - L.A.B. B.2

Ball - TP5x Pix

7 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

What low launch, low spin, low torque shaft do you guys think will pair best with the G425 10.5* Max for a 110-115 swing speed? Would love something that has just a slight bit of feel of load at the top and slight kick at the bottom, but overall is just extremely stable that will keep the launch and spin down. I know people have talked before about classic combinations of shafts and heads. And obviously it's all speculation at this point, but isn't that what's so fun about threads like these?!

Maybe graphic design Tour AD TP ?

I'm thinking M9003, as it has the stiffest tip section and is the only low launch/low spin. I think it would pair perfectly with the higher lofted, higher spinning, but more stable and higher MOI Max. But you never see the M9003 on Tour, it seems. I wonder why not...

Putter - L.A.B. B.2

Ball - TP5x Pix

Not sure if I remember which driver you used but I’ve got the 10 1/2° 410+ Just a standard version and since I put that stock weight that comes on the rear of the club in the center position and the grinded down version of it in the draw position and set it to standard loft but the flat setting, I really like in the way it performs it’s more of a straight to a slight fade now and kind of takes care of my standard miss which is either a straight pull or little bit too much of an over draw but I love the sound of it and it really seems to Be a little more predictable now

Ventus Black

Diamana DF

Those are the two I would start with in that club

I intend to try 9* LST and Max.  First shaft in will be my Diamana ZF and second will be Ventus Blue

Edited by Stetson

Wow!  I like the look of the 425s better than the 410s...

Edited by Birddog2
  • Like 1

Ping G400 w/Ping CB Alta S
Ping G410 5 Wood set to 16* w/Ping Alta R

Ping G410 5-U, Steelfiber I95R  
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 54* w/AWT 115
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 58* w/KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Odyssey  330M Black 

I think I'm pretty dead set on 10.5* Max, all in the name of forgiveness and straight drives. I currently have from ShaftShack a m9003, T1100, and Diamana W-Series, all at 70g, to try in my 10.5* G400 Max (as soon as it stops snowing). I want to try the Ventus Black and Oban Kiyoshi Black as well. Think the G425 10.5* Max will be similar enough to the G400 10.5* Max that the winner in the G400 Max can go straight into the G425 Max without any further testing? Or should I wait to test all these shafts in the G425?

Putter - L.A.B. B.2

Ball - TP5x Pix

2 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I think I'm pretty dead set on 10.5* Max, all in the name of forgiveness and straight drives. I currently have from ShaftShack a m9003, T1100, and Diamana W-Series, all at 70g, to try in my 10.5* G400 Max (as soon as it stops snowing). I want to try the Ventus Black and Oban Kiyoshi Black as well. Think the G425 10.5* Max will be similar enough to the G400 10.5* Max that the winner in the G400 Max can go straight into the G425 Max without any further testing? Or should I wait to test all these shafts in the G425?

if the G425 spins less or has a different head weight than the ideal shaft may be different. Just my opinion though

Edited by Stetson

2 minutes ago, Stetson said:

if the G425 spins less or has a different head weight than the ideal shaft may be different. Just my opinion though

Solid point. Dang, I guess I'll have to be patient to find the perfect shaft with G425 Max. Do you know if the head weight is supposed to be different than G400?

Putter - L.A.B. B.2

Ball - TP5x Pix

9 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Solid point. Dang, I guess I'll have to be patient to find the perfect shaft with G425 Max. Do you know if the head weight is supposed to be different than G400?

Many variables. 

What shaft length was it ordered with?

what weight shaft was it ordered with?

is the stock ahaft choice counter balanced?

All of these impact the head weight you receive. For the purpose of head weight you need to try and get your hands on a head the came stock with a similar weight shaft as yours that is not counter balanced

Edited by Stetson

Dang, it's complicated finding the Holy Grail! I think I'll learn a lot about these other shafts with the G400 Max in the meantime and I'll know where to start with the G425. So then maybe I just order the G425 with the least expensive shaft and insert the after-market shaft of my choice after I find the right one for the head I get with the stock shaft? Or I take a risk and order the G425 with the winner of the G400 test... How do you all approach the shaft choice when upgrading your driver to the new model?

Putter - L.A.B. B.2

Ball - TP5x Pix

18 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Dang, it's complicated finding the Holy Grail! I think I'll learn a lot about these other shafts with the G400 Max in the meantime and I'll know where to start with the G425. So then maybe I just order the G425 with the least expensive shaft and insert the after-market shaft of my choice after I find the right one for the head I get with the stock shaft? Or I take a risk and order the G425 with the winner of the G400 test... How do you all approach the shaft choice when upgrading your driver to the new model?

Most obvious answer is to get fitted but on WRX that is never the preference. 

I would start with finding the right length and weight, then go from there. Some want to be launch monitor champions that are all about launch and spin. Others want to see the ball fit in a specific window, have a certain feel, etc. 

Edited by Stetson

On 9/6/2020 at 12:51 PM, RacineBoxer said:

Prime selling season is Feb-July (at least that's what my Golf Digest interview with Dick's/Golf Galaxy tells me).

The past few years Ping has launched:

G400 July 2017

G700 Feb 2018

i500  July 2018

G410  Feb 2018

G710  Jan 2020

See a pattern there? It's July or Jan/Feb.

Ping is dribbling their next big launch out in Japan/Australia but preparing for a big U.S. launch in January. Perhaps they know what they are doing.  I know here in Wisconsin the golf season is coming to an end quickly and I'm not thinking about buying.

From the outside looking in it looks like theyre bungling the situation. Wanted to release earlier but didn’t get it done. Now waiting til Jan 2021 while competitors release their goods. Can’t be ideal 

9 hours ago, toddyc said:

From the outside looking in it looks like theyre bungling the situation. Wanted to release earlier but didn’t get it done. Now waiting til Jan 2021 while competitors release their goods. Can’t be ideal 

Who said they wanted to release earlier? I remember hearing all the way back in March-April that due to COVID Ping was postponing all launches until 2021.

I'm not sure anything has been "bungled". I just think people want to complain. 

If Ping launched this in the U.S. in Sep/Oct no one would get their equipment until probably Dec/Jan anyways. I have a buddy who was hell bent on getting the P770 irons. Went and hit them as soon as the fitters got them (early August) and ended up ordering P790's (just hit them better). He's still waiting on his (essentially) stock P790's. He'll be lucky to use them 3 times before they get stuck on the shelf for 5-6 months.

48 minutes ago, RacineBoxer said:

Who said they wanted to release earlier? I remember hearing all the way back in March-April that due to COVID Ping was postponing all launches until 2021.

I'm not sure anything has been "bungled". I just think people want to complain. 

If Ping launched this in the U.S. in Sep/Oct no one would get their equipment until probably Dec/Jan anyways. I have a buddy who was hell bent on getting the P770 irons. Went and hit them as soon as the fitters got them (early August) and ended up ordering P790's (just hit them better). He's still waiting on his (essentially) stock P790's. He'll be lucky to use them 3 times before they get stuck on the shelf for 5-6 months.

Its assumed they wanted to release something earlier when they say they are postponing releases. Way before it was necessary to do so. It’s not complaining to point out a bungled product release. they know what they’re doing a lot better than me though

theres a lot of buyers that play year round 

Alex Etches on Youtube just reviewed all the drivers. Edit: well the LST and MAX really.

Edited by sshadow2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PING G425 Max 9* Tensei AV Raw Orange
Cobra KING Speedzone FW 14.5* 3W Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6
Cobra KING F9 Hybrid 21* Fujikura Atmos Red 7 TS
Cobra KING F9 Hybrid 24* Fujikura Atmos Red 7 TS
Cobra KING Forged Tec 6-PW $-Taper Lite
Cleveland CBX2 48* KBS C-Taper
Cleveland CBX2 54* KBS C-Taper
TaylorMade MGS TW Edition 60* KBS C-Taper
Scotty Cameron 2020 Special Select Newport