Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

martinvan09

10 hours ago, dmac4g said:

US Shafts for the Driver will be: Alta CB 55, ALTA Distanza, Ping Tour 65 or 75, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 , Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 65.  

All junk IMO, par for the course for pings shaft selection though.

Callaway Mavrik 9* - Rogue 125 70TX
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* - Riptide 70 6.5
Cobra King 3 Utility - Kuro Kage 100X

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Glide 3.0 46, 51, 56, 60 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

The Fw and HYb look niiiice. That 5 wood face looks a little deeper than the 410. Turn it down to a 16 and could be really good! 

TM SLDR 10.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 60X
913 FD 15* - Motore Speeder TS 8.3X
913 HD 20* - D+ 92X
712 U 4 & CB 5-PW C-Taper S+
sM4 50.12, 54.11, 60.10 C-taper S
see More M3 Platinum

I'm mostly just following this thread for the driver head, but I'm very impressed by the 7 iron! Not too much offset (looks about the same as my i200), not too thick of a top line. Overall not very shovely! Looks a lot more like a "player's distance" iron like an i200 or i210 rather than the "game improvement" G400 or G410 iron series, but I bet it is just as forgiving as the game improvement lines, since this seems to carry on that line. Impressive!

• Like 3

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

1 minute ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I'm mostly just following this thread for the driver head, but I'm very impressed by the 7 iron! Not too much offset (looks about the same as my i200), not too thick of a top line. Overall not very shovely! Looks a lot more like a "player's distance" iron like an i200 or i210 rather than the "game improvement" G400 or G410 iron series, but I bet it is just as forgiving as the game improvement lines, since this seems to carry on that line. Impressive!

I agree with you on the 7I. My concern is what will the longer irons look like?

2 minutes ago, sniper said:

I agree with you on the 7I. My concern is what will the longer irons look like?

Yeah, I'm not crazy even about my i200 4i with as much offset as it has, and I certainly can't do the Crossovers. The only non-Ping club in my bag is a P790 3i, which has way less offset than Ping irons at the top of the bag. I'm okay with my i200 5i. It just seems to jump the shark on the 4i. Might have to get a P790 in the 4i too...

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

5 hours ago, randylean said:

I don't like the number of the iron or the white line on the face.

I mean if you don't like the white line I think you just don't like Ping. That has been a thing for them for what seems like forever. To me it would be shocking and wrong not to have it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sef said:

All junk IMO, par for the course for pings shaft selection though.

Who would you say has better baseline stock shafts for no upcharge? The tour shaft is solid and the rogue pretty impressive. 

• Like 1

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

5 hours ago, Qegurezi said:

Who would you say has better baseline stock shafts for no upcharge? The tour shaft is solid and the rogue pretty impressive. 

The other manufacturers use sloppy made for's,  Ping uses real shafts or co designed.  Made for is ok,  pull head and tip .5' to feel closer to aftermarket.

Callaway Rogue XT Max Diamana S+ 62 s

Ping G425 5w @ 16.5 Diamana S+ 73 s

Cobra Aerojet 4I Elevate 95 S

Cobra Forge Tec 5-w KBS 115 $ Taper S

Taylormade MG3 50 DG 120

Taylormade HI Toe DG 120

Callaway Double wide white hot OG 35 3/4

Ball - doesn't matter!

Mitchell's Golf Cert. club maker since 2009

On 9/2/2020 at 2:13 PM, JakeW13 said:

I got to see the 425 lineup in person today by accident. I showed up to the range I typically practice at and the Ping rep was there with the drivers and a 3 wood. The fairway wood looks very nice from the top, much more traditional look although it sat closed to my eye.

The LST and MAX looks great. Max is a little rounder/taller and the LST is a slightly smaller package. I told the rep that I played the 410+ all last year but that the SIM beat it out this season. All she said was, "You'll be back next year." Haha. While I find that unlikely (love my SIM setup currently and I don't need to be buying a new driver as frequently as I have been), I loved her confidence/enthusiasm.

Which SIM replaced your g410+?

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

41 minutes ago, randylean said:

The other manufacturers use sloppy made for's,  Ping uses real shafts or co designed.  Made for is ok,  pull head and tip .5' to feel closer to aftermarket.

Yeah Randy i do my own club building etc. As you say many use sloppy made for's. The Ping Tour and 
Rogue in this case are bonafide shafts. In the Anser they had a real deal Diamana Ahina in sweet one tone graphics. The V2 had a Blueboard 63 etc

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

All my apologies haven’t been able to keep up with the boards as of late. When is the G425 available for pre order? 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

26 minutes ago, Qegurezi said:

Yeah Randy i do my own club building etc. As you say many use sloppy made for's. The Ping Tour and 
Rogue in this case are bonafide shafts. In the Anser they had a real deal Diamana Ahina in sweet one tone graphics. The V2 had a Blueboard 63 etc

The Diamana in the SIM Driver feels like wet spaghetti.  The Atmos Red5s made for in a fairway M4 feels like a X.   How do they expect new people in the game of golf to hit these things?  LOL Hit driver out of bounds, take a drop and hit 3wood and teeth cracked??  Hitting a foot behind all shots because they are 46 and 43.5 inches. LOL

I have ping tour 65 and 75,  they are Sweet!

In addition:

Ahina 60

Kurokage Dual core tini60

Aldila Tour Blue 55 made for

UST v2 55s F4

Atmos blue 60

Fujikura pro xler8

PING TOUR 65 WINS!

FW

Speeder 84 ts

Atmos 70s

Ping tour 75

NOT YET TESTED...

Edited by randylean
  • Thanks 1

Taylormade MG3 50 DG 120

Taylormade HI Toe DG 120

Ball - doesn't matter!

7 hours ago, Qegurezi said:

Srixon, Mizuno, and Ping Japan apparently usually have better quality options. Titleist usually has a decent selection, Callaway offers about the same quality of shafts as Ping but has more no upcharge options for custom order. 

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

1 hour ago, randylean said:

17 minutes ago, randylean said:

The Diamana in the SIM Driver feels like wet spaghetti.  The Atmos Red5s made for in a fairway M4 feels like a X.   How do they expect new people in the game of golf to hit these things?  LOL Hit driver out of bounds, take a drop and hit 3wood and teeth cracked??  Hitting a foot behind all shots because they are 46 and 43.5 inches. LOL

I have ping tour 65 and 75,  they are Sweet!

In addition:

Ahina 60

Kurokage Dual core tini60

Aldila Tour Blue 55 made for

UST v2 55s F4

Atmos blue 60

Fujikura pro xler8

PING TOUR 65 WINS!

FW

Speeder 84 ts

Atmos 70s

Ping tour 75

NOT YET TESTED...

As I responded to another member Srixon, Mizuno, and Ping Japan (apparently) usually have better quality options. Titleist usually has a decent selection, Callaway offers about the same quality of shafts as Ping but has more no upcharge options for custom order.

I do agree TM usually offers the worst stock options.

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

6 minutes ago, Sef said:

There not bad,  they are just all over the map.  Who knows what you get..

Brand new SIM,  can't wait to show my friends.. Flex RANDOM..lol

As I responded to another member Srixon, Mizuno, and Ping Japan (apparently) usually have better quality options. Titleist usually has a decent selection, Callaway offers about the same quality of shafts as Ping but has more no upcharge options for custom order.

I do agree TM usually offers the worst stock options.

Taylormade MG3 50 DG 120

Taylormade HI Toe DG 120

Ball - doesn't matter!

2 hours ago, Bushwood Country Club said:

Which SIM replaced your g410+?

Standard SIM

• Like 1

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

I can see why someone said earlier that people will be excited if G425 Max spins 400 rpm lower than G410 Plus and G400 Max now. I think my 10.5* G400 Max spins just a hair too much, while the G400 LST 8.5* doesn't spin enough and is just not forgiving enough for me. A slightly lower spinning max would be purrrfect.?

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

10 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I can see why someone said earlier that people will be excited if G425 Max spins 400 rpm lower than G410 Plus and G400 Max now. I think my 10.5* G400 Max spins just a hair too much, while the G400 LST 8.5* doesn't spin enough and is just not forgiving enough for me. A slightly lower spinning max would be purrrfect.?

A 9* G400 Max would be just the ticket going by that. 

• Like 1

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

I am rethinking now.

I had the G410 LST with the Tour 65 (swapped it out with my own Tour Spec ATMOS) and it was sensational. I had the draw setting and small "-" setting. However, I returned it for a Pars And Stripes Speedzone, I just love that Velocore and the white head, what can I say?!?

However, the SZ is still bombing it out there, its definitely no slouch and gives a really good run for the money vs 410 LST.

The G425 LST has me thinking and so does the Max version. BUT the prices of the G410 LST is RIDICULOUS and got me wondering - what the heck am I paying roughly an extra $150+ over the G410 LST...

Sound???

Less moveable weight???

Essentially the head is the same and spin numbers is not that significant, I can control the spin numbers with the shaft. I am just wondering if the sweet spot remains the G410 LST...at least there is plenty of time before they open the pre-order... what am I not seeing?

Edited by SwingBlues

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

On 9/9/2020 at 12:39 PM, bryanwmilburn said:

Man that hybrid from address reminds me so much of the Anser! Probably the greatest hybrid I've ever owned! Can't wait to try that thing out.

I still play my Anser hybrid for that very same reason. I'm wondering if this one can kick it out of the bag though.......

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JakeW13 said:

Standard SIM

I went the opposite, replaced my SIM with a G410+

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

4 hours ago, sqitis said:

I still play my Anser hybrid for that very same reason. I'm wondering if this one can kick it out of the bag though.......

looking forward to the reviews on these

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

13 hours ago, Qegurezi said:

A 9* G400 Max would be just the ticket going by that. 

Yeah, I think you might be right. I was trying the 10.5* because I wanted to maximize forgiveness, and obviously higher lofted clubs are more forgiving. But today it was just absolute moon balls. A dude I was playing with was hitting it with or past me with probably at least 5 mph lower swing speed, and you could tell his flight looked optimized. I guess I might just need to learn to hit the 9* straight! Maybe the 9* G425 Max will be the answer? Or even the 10.5* LST?? God I'm lost in the forest! 

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, bladehunter said:

Yea. I can see that. But for me it’s opposite. I hate the deep faced ones off the deck. Much harder to elevate . But I’m pretty shallow so my miss isn’t vertical. It’s always toeside if anywhere.

See I hated the rapture. But yes. If they made both it wouldnt bother me.

I ever understood that miss, tee it 1/8” off deck then, not to the moon, right??? Problem solved.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

2 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Yeah, I think you might be right. I was trying the 10.5* because I wanted to maximize forgiveness, and obviously higher lofted clubs are more forgiving. But today it was just absolute moon balls. A dude I was playing with was hitting it with or past me with probably at least 5 mph lower swing speed, and you could tell his flight looked optimized. I guess I might just need to learn to hit the 9* straight! Maybe the 9* G425 Max will be the answer? Or even the 10.5* LST?? God I'm lost in the forest! 

I have a 10.5 G400 Max 10.5* and I just switched to a G410 9* that I got out on the course for the first time yesterday. I ordered it with the even flow black 75 5.5 but I also had a local shop build for me an even flow black 65 5.5 that I picked up on eBay.

I spent time on the course yesterday trying a few different combinations. All worked better than my G400 Max but I ended up with the g410 in the even flow black 65 turned up 1* to 10 to tweak my ball flight a bit. It was much better than my G400 Max. If you hit up on the ball like I do a 9* head will make a world of difference.

6 minutes ago, TWNG said:

So assume it is confirmed that the g425 will use the same shaft adapters as the g410?  Thanks.

yes

• Thanks 1

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Aaahh, just went to range and experimented with 9* and 10.5* 400 Max. I think it has to be the 10.5* for forgiveness. It just inspires so much confidence. Seems like I can swing effortlessly to launch it, where as 9* takes more work. Then pair that with super stiff shaft like T1100...

I'm starting to get visions of heading down to Club Champion in March, have them build me a G425 10.5* Max with a Smoke Green TX, play it at 45"with a little hot melt up by the face to get the SW up to D4, get the spin down a touch, and mute the sound....  Oooh come on March!

I'll probably change my mind a million times between now and then. ?

When can we expect others to start doing video reviews of these, like Crossfield, Shiels, etc.?

• Like 2

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic