Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

martinvan09

6 minutes ago, RxGolf1 said:

Interesting. Ill keep that in mind. 

Mine was digital lofted and hot melted by ping, love their service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

4 hours ago, scott_Donald said:

Mine was digital lofted and hot melted by ping, love their service.

That was great while it lasted. Ping no longer offers digital service, according to DD. Bummed

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

29 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

That was great while it lasted. Ping no longer offers digital service, according to DD. Bummed

Based upon a convo I had with their rep on their website they sure do offer it.  I was asking about getting a FW digitally lofted

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

1 hour ago, SwingBlues said:

Sounds like fake news.  J/k- heard nothing but reputable things about DD.  But, had a buddy order a G410 digitally lofted a few weeks back and our shop said it would be no issue.  So it seems someone is mistaken.

Ping G430 Max 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 5h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-P, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 ES

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2022 slant

TM TP5

I ordered my digital lofted head through DD, weird that you say that.

I would never order TM stuff due to the non spin weight policy but Ping, Mizuno are awesome.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

36 minutes ago, scott_Donald said:

I ordered my digital lofted head through DD, weird that you say that.

I would never order TM stuff due to the non spin weight policy but Ping, Mizuno are awesome.

Incorrect with the TM. They have or are close to accepting SW requests. TM staff was talking about it when they launched the new irons.

I've been playing Taylormade drivers since I started playing this cursed game (4 drivers total) but I am 100% going to give the g425 Max and LST a rip when they come out.  I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but golf box in australia I believe, has an available date of 1/10/21. Hopefully they hit the US shores at the same time if not earlier.

Screenshot_20200925-233541.png

5 hours ago, awolmartinez said:

I've been playing Taylormade drivers since I started playing this cursed game (4 drivers total) but I am 100% going to give the g425 Max and LST a rip when they come out.  I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but golf box in australia I believe, has an available date of 1/10/21. Hopefully they hit the US shores at the same time if not earlier.

Screenshot_20200925-233541.png

Availability is Oct. 1 They write dates in day/month/year format over there.  US launch is said to be early 2021.

Ping G430 Max 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 5h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-P, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 ES

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2022 slant

TM TP5

53 minutes ago, 62@Oakmont said:

Availability is Oct. 1 They write dates in day/month/year format over there.  US launch is said to be early 2021.

Damn, you were supposed to ask if I wanted the good news or the bad news first ? 

Thanks for clarifying, I guess their dates are the wrong way around just like their toilets lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

Incorrect with the TM. They have or are close to accepting SW requests. TM staff was talking about it when they launched the new irons.

Not what I have read on here in the latest iron threads - some one had D8 MCs I think, others are coming out lighter.

I am so swing weight sensitive but not softness of head so TM would screw me up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400

2 hours ago, scott_Donald said:

Not what I have read on here in the latest iron threads - some one had D8 MCs I think, others are coming out lighter.

I am so swing weight sensitive but not softness of head so TM would screw me up. 

LOL. Like I said, “close to...” I have chatted with several on staff with them and it’s something they’re working towards, but they always try to build back to a standard SW as they advertise.

47 minutes ago, therealjonzone said:

LOL. Like I said, “close to...” I have chatted with several on staff with them and it’s something they’re working towards, but they always try to build back to a standard SW as they advertise.

d2 and d8 are not even close.

I got my 919 Tours on release day from Mizuno and they were D2, I ordered at D4, I complained; 2 days later I had my D4 set sitting in my house. From then onwards I was a lifelong fan. 

Ping I always hated but since the 410 lineup; I have been a massive fan.

Friend has P730s, + half an inch and his swing weights are all over the place - D1-D5; very poor. some will say that acceptable but paying all that money for me it isn't when others will do that for the money.

Now after experiencing Artisan and how they treat customers, I am very spoilt!

Edited by scott_Donald
  • Like 2
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400

2 minutes ago, scott_Donald said:

d2 and d8 are not even close.

I got my 919 Tours on release day from Mizuno and they were D2, I ordered at D4, I complained; 2 days later I had my D4 set sitting in my house. From then onwards I was a lifelong fan. 

Ping I always hated but since the 410 lineup; I have been a massive fan.

Friend has P730s, + half an inch and his swing weights are all over the place - D1-D5; very poor. some will say that acceptable but paying all that money for me it isn't when others will do that for the money.

Now after experiencing Artisan and how they treat customers, I am very spoilt!

You complained from D2 to D4....let’s just get back to the thread LOL

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

Pretty piss poor CS for years though. How hard can it be? One screw out one screw in. We all do it ourselves I never will understand Why they wouldn’t offer something so easy to do

• Like 3

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

Edited by SwingBlues

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

I attended a Ping fitting day here in Australia today and was looking to fill a gap so went in looking for the Ping 425 Hybrid. I loved the feel, couldn't hook it and will see me putting a hybrid back in the bag. The mat black finish and 3 little alignment dots suited my eyes and ball flight was what I was after with the Rouge black shafts they have as standard. I also played around with the drivers, Max and the LST versions. The sound of the Max I wasn't a fan of and the LST delivered a more muted sound. I kept leaking the LST but I preferred it from a sound point of view. They didn't have all the shafts (COVID shipping challenges) but it was definitely better in all aspects than my 2017 M2 D Type. Wish I could have had my Atmos Tour Spec shaft in the LST. I have never owned a Ping club but the hyrbid has me sold.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 9:15 PM, watkins_pj said:

I attended a Ping fitting day here in Australia today and was looking to fill a gap so went in looking for the Ping 425 Hybrid. I loved the feel, couldn't hook it and will see me putting a hybrid back in the bag. The mat black finish and 3 little alignment dots suited my eyes and ball flight was what I was after with the Rouge black shafts they have as standard. I also played around with the drivers, Max and the LST versions. The sound of the Max I wasn't a fan of and the LST delivered a more muted sound. I kept leaking the LST but I preferred it from a sound point of view. They didn't have all the shafts (COVID shipping challenges) but it was definitely better in all aspects than my 2017 M2 D Type. Wish I could have had my Atmos Tour Spec shaft in the LST. I have never owned a Ping club but the hyrbid has me sold.

Nice, I presume you were leaking the LST right, even with the weight set to Draw? How was the LST face at address, open or closed?

The ATMOS TS shaft is outstanding in any head, it was so good in my G410 LST head when I had it. The only thing that may pip it is a Ventus Velocore(got that in my Speedzone). I have the ATMOS TS with a TM, old Ping G tip and the new G410 Ping tip. Let's say, I'm hooked on Fujikura.

Been mulling G425 Max or LST myself. This is one time I wish I was in Aus vs here in Los Angeles, but oh well, when Ping US release it - just take my money 😍

On 9/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, iNeedMoreGolf said:
15 hours ago, Celeras said:

I didn't realize how much these things cost in AU. I have a hookup that lives there and can send it to me, but goddamn it's over $650USD even before shipping.

Yeah but to be fair the minimum wage in Australia is 20 dollars an hour so it evens out a lot 

saw the 425 line today, the Max head is larger than the LST one, the new std shaft hasnt got the colour hue dampening effect like the G400 had on the Alta (dont play an Alta but that was kinda cool).

most definitely going to have a go with the 425 Max against the BB21 and Mav when i can be bothered going in for a hit. 

saw the new hybrids, for those that dont like turbulators on the crown will be happy to know they got rid of these on the hybrid, i like them so i put a 410 4H aside until a Tour stiff shaft comes from Ping.

Was able to hit the 425 Max today.  The had the 10.5* shaft and I so I put it on Flat -1* to be as close to possible to my 410 Plus that os 9* set on Flat.  

Was swinging well today and so I think the 6-7 balls of each on Trackman were pretty representative.  I hit the 425 about 5 yards further (257-260 carry) vs the 410 -- pretty much each one was 5 yards carry further with 300 or so less RPM.  I didn't notice any difference in sound (was outside) or look much.   Only had the one 425 and just switched my shaft back and forth.  Felt really solid, love the 410....assume I will get the 425 ASAP

• easyyy featured this topic

Sorry to see this new line looks as ugly as ever to me. The Crossover has improved a bit though.

Driver: Callaway Paradym X w/ HZRDUS Silver 50 5.5
5W: Callaway Mavrik Max w/ Riptide 60 5.5
5i: Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal w/ Recoil ESX 460 F3 

6i-GW: Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Pro w/ Recoil ESX 460 F3
52*: Mizuno S23 S-Grind w/ Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 
58*: Mizuno S23 D-Grind w/ Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 
Putter: Yes! Hannah

Why has nobody come on this thread and said 10 yards further?  The Titleist thread is getting 10 yard improvement claims right now and dang it PING needs to hire folks to come on here and make bold claims

• Haha 2

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

I suppose we'd get more 10yd claims if we HAD THE DRIVER HERE.  Ping, you jerks.   

No, I'm sorry ping don't be mad.  Just release my i59 and G420 (I'm getting mine custom renamed) and I'll buy.  I promise.  

But if you could find it in your heart to HURRY THE EFF UP.  I'm sorry, I didn't mean that either, just very emotional right now with COVID, other things AND THE FACT THAY EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER HAS AT LEAST ONE RELEASE THIS YEAR (some more than one - looking at you Callaway). 

So..is it here yet?   I just stepped away for a few minutes.  

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

• easyyy unfeatured this topic